PDA

View Full Version : Great Year Buckeyes

easttexas3a
12-07-2008, 08:36 PM
I didn't get to post after the game and just wanted to congratulate the buckeyes on a very good year. It was quite a surprise to have lost as many as we did from last years team and get to where we got. And no matter what happened all year you continued to battle. Congrats to Carthage on winning the ball game.

bobcat1
12-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
I didn't get to post after the game and just wanted to congratulate the buckeyes on a very good year. It was quite a surprise to have lost as many as we did from last years team and get to where we got. And no matter what happened all year you continued to battle. Congrats to Carthage on winning the ball game. Nice post and I concur. Nice season Bucs. Maybe we will see Carthage soon.;)

easttexas3a
12-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Carthage is very talented, they reminded me of what Gilmer was like LAST year. The running back is very comparible to Justin Johnson. I would imagine a Carthage Celine or Carthage L HILL game would be very impressive to watch.

mistanice
12-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Gilmer will be back in the mix again next year very much so, but Carthage is rather young too. They will definitely be vying for another deep run.

poisoned10
12-08-2008, 01:21 PM
To Carthage:

Congrats on a well-deserved, hard-earned victory over my Gilmer Buckeyes. You guys played outstanding and pretty much DOMINATED us in the 1st half. We were able to catch some breaks in the 2nd half and get some turnovers that we were able to turn into points to make a game out of it. But other than that, the game belonged to Carthage. You guys have a VERY TALENTED group this year. It's not often in high school football that you get the talent that you guys have on the offensive line, QB and RB that you guys have, much less in the same season. Dwight Smith is EASILY, one of the top 3 RB's I've ever seen on the high school level. He is a man child and should wreck on other JUCO defenders. Hopefully he can get his grades up so we can see him playing for a major DI school in a couple of years.

Again, congrats on the win. Good luck next week against Giddings and should you win, good luck against either Liberty-Hill or Celina.

To Gilmer:

You guys put together an amazing season. If you would would have told 10 people at the begining of the year that Gilmer would be 2 rounds away from playing for the state championship, 9 of them would have laughed at you. But you guys are an amazing group of talented athletes and young men. You guys work hard every day and follow the instruction of your coaches. Keep working hard. Preperation for the 2009 season starts Monday. As long as you continue to work hard and listen to your coaches, you guys will always be tough to beat. I am proud of what you have done and am EXTREMELY proud to call myself a BUCKEYE! Thank you for the wonderful memories you have given everyone in Gilmer to remember and talk about.

To the Buckeye class of 2009:

It has truely been a privledge to watch this group for the past 4 years. You guys are some fine young men and some amazing athletes. Thank you for you hard work and dedication that you gave over the years as a Gilmer Buckeye. There is a high standard set not only on the field, but off of it, and every single one of you has met that standard. Thank you all for the memories that not only my family, but the ENTIRE city of Gilmer and much of East Texas will remember and talk about for years to come. I wish you all success in whatever it is you guys decided to do in the future.

An Army of Buckeyes
Buckeye P.R.I.D.E.