PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State vs. Texas

HM33
12-07-2008, 08:18 PM
I think this could be a good game. It is a must win for Texas to even have an argument.

Discuss :)

slpybear the bullfan
12-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Texas will DESTROY Ohio State.

Blech.

Keystonepride
12-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Texas by 20+

blowfish
12-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Texas will be destroyed by Ohio State. Texas has not played anyone with a defense like ours. Texas has one offensive player, Mcoy. Enough said!

RMAC
12-07-2008, 08:22 PM
UT by 2 TD'+ plus and we will once again see why the best football is played in the south.

Daddy D 11
12-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
Texas will be destroyed by Ohio State. Texas has not played anyone with a defense like ours. Texas has one offensive player, Mcoy. Enough said!

Ohio State struggled in games this year in the lowly Big 10. Texas steamrolls Tressel and his troops.

slpybear the bullfan
12-07-2008, 08:25 PM

Tell you what... just to back up that claim, we will return Bobby Carpenter to you from the Cowboys.... Lord knows it might help both teams.

Emerson1
Are you serious or are you trying to just stir the pot? I really hope it's the second one

blowfish
Oh by the way I live in a Texas household so I have to do my smack talking in a low crawl.

I might just get smacked around by my wife if she reads the previous post. I am sure my brother in law is going to snitch me off since he is a Texas Kool aide drinker also!;)

blowfish
12-07-2008, 08:27 PM
I have been a Buckeye fan since I was about four years old. I actually met Woody Hayes and lives 7 miles from the campus in the late 70's.

I know we have gotten our butts kicked in the last two National Championship games, but we are usually money in any other bowl game and the Fiesta Bowl is like a home game for us.

blowfish
12-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Dont blame me for Bobby Carpenter, blame the Tuna!

Ohio state struggled in the Big Ten? That is news to me. We loat a close game to Penn State because our True Freshman quarterback lost the ball trying to get a first down to ice the ball game. If not for that fumble we are talking about a one loss season to USC in week two with one of the best running backs in the country sitting on the bench with a foor injury.

HM33
12-07-2008, 08:32 PM
I think this could actually be a decent game. Texas is of course the favorite, but that could be their down fall

Emerson1
12-07-2008, 08:33 PM
This is Texas' game to lose. If they play their best it will be a 21 point win at least

westcoast54
12-07-2008, 09:32 PM
This will be a good game. Texas needs to win...and win handely to possibly become Co-Champs with the OU/Florida winner.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Ohio Who???

Texas in an easy win. This won't even be entertaining.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by westcoast54
This will be a good game. Texas needs to win...and win handely to possibly become Co-Champs with the OU/Florida winner.

What If Texas Looses, and OK wins by 1 pt. Then Texas Tech wins by 100+.

Would they be co-champs?

westcoast54
12-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
What If Texas Looses, and OK wins by 1 pt. Then Texas Tech wins by 100+.

Would they be co-champs?

Then OU is the BCS and AP Champion.

GreenMachine
12-07-2008, 09:46 PM
This won't even be a game. Texas is going to spank Ohio State.

augie97
12-07-2008, 11:11 PM
If the game was being played this week I would say that Texas would win just to prove a point, but with at least a month layoff before the game there is no telling how it will go. To say that Texas is going to win this game easy is a bit naive. I am a Texas fan myself and think that this will a very interesting game. I do think that Texas wins, but I think that it will be a close win. To much hang over after feeling left out, plus a long layoff, not a good combination for a blow out. It is not like these teams aren't familiar with each other. They have played twice in the last 3 years and are 1 and 1. Personally I am looking forward to the match up. Hook'em!

Electus Unus
12-08-2008, 12:27 AM
Texas wins this one with ease and I'll give you two reasons why.

1. Ohio State has a true freshmen at quarterback and Will Muschamp will have a little under a month to think up a great scheme and disguise it nicely. I believe Terrelle Pryor will be so confused and not see many blitzes coming. If we take him off his initial read then his passing game goes to crap. But when his first read is open he is decent in the passing game.

2. Colt McCoy is poised and will be looking to make a statement in this game.

trojan37
12-08-2008, 09:17 AM
I'd rather watch the Longhorns play Boise St.

JasperDog94
12-08-2008, 09:19 AM
If Texas wins handily and OU scrapes by Florida....hello split NC.:D

Phil C
12-08-2008, 09:20 AM
This game to me doesn't have the interest the other two UT vs Ohio State games. Texas has nothing to gain and everything to lose because Ohio State is a two loss team and was chosen because of its' fan base something I thought BCS was going to fix. I would have preferred a higher ranked one loss team or Utah or Boise State.
I really wish UT would skip the bowls this year if this is the best the bowls could do and get an early start on the recruiting. If UT loses it will hurt the recruiting and the record. If they win then basically it was supposed to happen. No gain in this one.

piratebg
12-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Horns win by 2TDs+

HOOK EM :)

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Here ya go! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha6roJfoGjc)

Maybe this one! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

squid
12-08-2008, 11:40 AM
kool aide drinker? :confused: naw, just a fan. The kool aide drinkers are the ones that say 'we' although they've never attended one day of class at 'their' school. :D

Phil C
12-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by squid
kool aide drinker? :confused: naw, just a fan. The kool aide drinkers are the ones that say 'we' although they've never attended one day of class at 'their' school. :D

What if you were a guest lecturer at the school once though. :)

rojosgirl
12-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Texas and their fans need to quit belly-achin' about the bowl game they're in. Suck it up - it is what it is!

I will be for Texas this time cause I dislike Ohio State more than I dislike Texas. McCoy runs wild in this one!

BOOMER SOONER!
:D

BreckTxLonghorn
12-08-2008, 01:12 PM
It all depends on if Ohio State can get the run to work. They're 27th in the nation in rushing, and 104th in passing aka worst case scenario. Texas' run defense only allows 74 yds/ game, 2nd in the country. If Ohio State can't run, its a blowout. If they can, its a coin flip.

Texasfootball2
12-08-2008, 01:35 PM
This is the same kind of talk that people were trashing Ohio St. with when they were going to play U. of Miami in the Fiesta Bowl, and we all know how that one turned out.

As good as Texas is they are not anything like to last two teams that handed Ohio St. their heads in last two BCS bowl games (Florida and LSU). Texas doesn't have quite as much team speed as those two teams. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the Horn's blow out the Buckeye's and possibly get a split national champion, but I think the Buckeye's have a chance to play with the Horn's. Yes, they have a Freshman QB, but his is very talented and now has eight games under his belt as a starter. The Buckeye's also have one of the best RB in the country who will be 100% healthy by the bowl game, and they have a great defense. I expect this to be a close game from start to finish. I do think the Horn's are the best team but Ohio St. isn't going to go down easily. JMO
:D

STANG RED
12-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
This game to me doesn't have the interest the other two UT vs Ohio State games. Texas has nothing to gain and everything to lose because Ohio State is a two loss team and was chosen because of its' fan base something I thought BCS was going to fix. I would have preferred a higher ranked one loss team or Utah or Boise State.
I really wish UT would skip the bowls this year if this is the best the bowls could do and get an early start on the recruiting. If UT loses it will hurt the recruiting and the record. If they win then basically it was supposed to happen. No gain in this one.

I came on this thread to say basically the same thing, but you already said it much better than I could have Phil, so I'll just :ditto: you.

squid
12-08-2008, 02:41 PM
The real question is not who will win or lose. What really needs to be answered is how many Ohioans sporting jorts, jerseys and mullets will invade Arizona. The temps ought to be high enough to allow the wearing of jorts that time of year, and mullets are in style year 'round for that fanbase.

The 2nd thing that needs to be answered is win or lose, how many sofas will die a flaming death that night back in Columbus?

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 02:43 PM
ESPN think this is it Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

squid
12-08-2008, 03:11 PM
the rick roll'd link is funny. Or at least it was the first 1243 times I saw it. :rolleyes:

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by squid
the rick roll'd link is funny. Or at least it was the first 1243 times I saw it. :rolleyes: Really? I thought it was brand new.:p

JasperDog94
12-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I came on this thread to say basically the same thing, but you already said it much better than I could have Phil, so I'll just :ditto: you. When I told my dad who Texas was playing he said that he was not going to even watch the game. I told him "Yes you are because there won't be any other game on." He said that I was probably right, but that he wouldn't enjoy watching it.:D

Necks_Fan
12-08-2008, 05:48 PM
UT by aLOT.

OrangeChamps
12-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Texas will beat Ohio State like OU beat Tech. Just not a good year to be a Buckeye.

blowfish
12-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Terrell Pryor and Chris Wells will run all over the Texas Defense. I bet we have at least 250 yards rushing in this game.

Final score The Ohio State University 31 - Texas 21. Colt Mcoy is sacked at least three times with one interception.

DrBob
12-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Maybe they need to rename this game to the Toilet Bowl

blowfish
12-08-2008, 06:05 PM
They all ready have the toliet bowl.. Texas Tech and Ole Miss are playing in it.

crzyjournalist03
12-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
I'd rather watch the Longhorns play Boise St.

agreed...I've seen enough of Texas-Ohio State over the last few years...not sure I'll even set aside time to watch this one.

If it had been Boise State-Texas, I'd have been all over it!

BreckTxLonghorn
12-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
agreed...I've seen enough of Texas-Ohio State over the last few years...not sure I'll even set aside time to watch this one.

If it had been Boise State-Texas, I'd have been all over it!

It'll be on Monday Night instead of Monday Night Football. It'll be the only thing on. Bet you'll watch ;)

eagles_victory
12-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

If it had been Boise State-Texas, I'd have been all over it! Texas would have killed Boise it wouldnt of been close this game might at least be competitive.

TheDOCTORdre
12-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Terrell Pryor and Chris Wells will run all over the Texas Defense. I bet we have at least 250 yards rushing in this game.

Final score The Ohio State University 31 - Texas 21. Colt Mcoy is sacked at least three times with one interception.

lets see what Webster has to say about this...

Main Entry: lu·di·crous
Pronunciation: \ˈlü-də-krəs\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin ludicrus, from ludus play, sport; perhaps akin to Greek loidoros abusive
Date: 1712
1 : amusing or laughable through obvious absurdity, incongruity, exaggeration, or eccentricity
2 : meriting derisive laughter or scorn as absurdly inept, false, or foolish

29-3aFAN
12-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
If Texas wins handily and OU scrapes by Florida....hello split NC.:D

I don't like OU but hopefully they represent the Big 12 with a win.

WylieBulldog92
12-08-2008, 09:54 PM
OSU wins by 14, UT is exposed.

Eagle 1
12-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
OSU wins by 14, UT is exposed.

UT got exposed in Lubbock, but I think UT will beat Ohio State.

WylieBulldog92
12-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
You never cease to amaze me how you get Tech involved in everything.
Play that game now, Tech gets stomped, keeping on the subject of the game at hand though I think OSU will run through, and around UT.

Eagle 1
12-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92

keeping on the subject of the game at hand though I think OSU will run through, and around UT.

Well I hope your right, but I dont think its going to happen.

Emerson1
12-08-2008, 10:34 PM
UT got exposed because they came out flat while TT was playing the biggest game in the history of their program, yet still came back and lost on a last second play?

RMAC
12-08-2008, 11:11 PM
I think UT will win this game by 2+ TD's as I stated before, but the way a lot UT fans are talking, I don't think they believe there's any team in the country that could beat the Horns right now.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
I don't think they believe there's any team in the country that could beat the Horns right now.

Well what would u expect from a fan of a top 5 team?

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2008, 12:16 AM
They all ready have the toliet bowl.. Texas Tech and Ole Miss are playing in it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: No comment, although it's tough.

KEEP IT ON SUBJECT OR IT'S CLOSED! That's for ALL.

Eagle 1
12-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
UT got exposed because they came out flat while TT was playing the biggest game in the history of their program, yet still came back and lost on a last second play?
UT got exposed because they only lead for a little over a minute of the ball game. Remember?

crzyjournalist03
12-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
It'll be on Monday Night instead of Monday Night Football. It'll be the only thing on. Bet you'll watch ;)

meh...if there's a new episode of Chuck on, probably not...

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2008, 11:58 AM
UT got exposed because they only lead for a little over a minute of the ball game. Remember?

UT did not get "exposed" for losing a tough game on the road to a top ten team

If that is the case

OU was exposed by Texas

Florida was exposed by Ole Miss

TTech was exposed by OU

and so on and so on

a loss does not negate the ability of a team or how good they were..means simply on that night they got beat

DDBooger
12-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

If that is the case

OU was exposed by Texas

TTech was exposed by OU

and so on and so on

a loss does not negate the ability of a team or how good they were..means simply on that night they got beat :thinking: out of all those, which was the worst loss? Maybe that will settle Some peoples fascination with exposure.

Emerson1
12-09-2008, 02:40 PM
How exactly did they get exposed? Or do you even have any idea what you mean by that? I am thinking you heard someone on ESPN say it so you also want to try and sound smart.

Phil C
12-09-2008, 03:18 PM
The Texas Tech vs Ole Miss game is going to be a great game and one of the pleasant surprises of the bowl games. Look for a great one. Enjoy!

JasperDog94
12-09-2008, 03:18 PM
How exactly did they get exposed? Or do you even have any idea what you mean by that? I am thinking you heard someone on ESPN say it so you also want to try and sound smart. I guess they got "exposed" by playing their 4th consecutive top 11 team and losing in the last second on the road to another top 10 team. :crazy:

DDBooger
12-09-2008, 03:23 PM
I guess they got "exposed" by playing their 4th consecutive top 11 team and losing in the last second on the road to another top 10 team. :crazy: I guess the game being decided in the 1st quarter is competitive for some folk! lmao

JasperDog94
12-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
I guess the game being decided in the 1st quarter is competitive for some folk! lmao If it was decided in the first quarter, how did Texas have the lead late in the game?:doh: :thinking: :thinking:

DDBooger
12-09-2008, 03:26 PM
If it was decided in the first quarter, how did Texas have the lead late in the game?:doh: :thinking: :thinking: critical thinking pard, i wasn't talking about Texas ;)
who called Texas exposed! :cool: :p

JasperDog94
12-09-2008, 03:28 PM
critical thinking pard, i wasn't talking about Texas ;)
who called Texas exposed! :cool: :p :doh: :doh: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

WylieBulldog92
12-09-2008, 04:16 PM
I am thinking you heard someone on ESPN say it so you also want to try and sound smart.
I'll take that as a compliment :)

GreenGobbla
12-09-2008, 04:47 PM
i say Beanie runs all over texas and ?Laurinaitis takes out mccoy early.

ohio state 35
texas 31

DDBooger
12-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Pryor gets thrown to the dogs in this one. He'll be forced to put it in the air and Ut gets a few gimmes. Wells will get about 70-80yds.

Keith7
12-09-2008, 05:33 PM
I think Texas will have a good showing in this game but in the end will ultimately fail..

my prediction..

Ohio State 37
Texas 14

DDBooger
12-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I think Texas will have a good showing in this game but in the end will ultimately fail..

my prediction..

Ohio State 37
Texas 14
Ohio St, 37 pts:crazy:
that would mean they scored more than OU and 2 pts less than tech. hahaha
no big ten team will score that much in their BCS games combined. Sorry Joe Pa, USC hold you guys to 3 or a td

Keith7
12-09-2008, 05:55 PM
no big ten team will score that much in their BCS games combined. Sorry Joe Pa, USC hold you guys to 3 or a td

I agree on the USC statement, but mainly because they have the best defense in the nation..

Big XII defenses are weak on the other hand.. and Ohio State is just starting to get rolling.. I predict a big game from Prior

TheDOCTORdre
12-09-2008, 07:29 PM

lets see what webster has to say about this

Main Entry: ex·pose
Pronunciation: \ik-ˈspôz\
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): ex·posed; ex·pos·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French exposer, from Latin exponere to set forth, explain (perfect indicative exposui), from ex- + ponere to put, place — more at position
Date: 15th century
2 a: to make known : bring to light (as something shameful)

to expose would also mean to show the world that they werent real and show that they had major weaknesses and that Tech exploited them, if this were the case then the remaining schedule of UT would have followed suit and would have had success against them...UT wasnt exposed, they played the worst half of football of the season while Tech played their best and UT lost on a last second play...in all reality I think Tech got exposed in Lubbock because if anyone would realize how poorly UT played in the first half and how close they still came to winning I think it speaks volumes of who was really exposed

TheDOCTORdre
12-09-2008, 07:34 PM

i agree with that to an extent due to the fact of USC D but I say they hold them to less than 21 but on the flip side of that I think the Nittany Lions show up on D as well and put on a great defensive spectacle for the Rose Bowl...should be a great game

Eagle 1
12-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

If that is the case

OU was exposed by Texas

TTech was exposed by OU

and so on and so on

a loss does not negate the ability of a team or how good they were..means simply on that night they got beat

I agree OU exposed Tech big time, they lead the whole game.
Tech lead UT all but 1 minute of the game.
Both are prime examples of exposure.
I'm not going to research the other games you listed.
How would you define exposure?

Emerson's would rather use personal attacks than make a point.
Probably the same reason he was stood in the corner for a while.

DDBooger
12-09-2008, 08:05 PM
I agree OU exposed Tech big time, they lead the whole game.
Tech lead UT all but 1 minute of the game.
I'm not going to research the other games you listed.
How would you define exposure?

Emerson's would rather use personal attacks than make a point.
Probably the same reason he was stood in the corner for a while. your operationalization of exposure is to say it was how long you lead a game? Could be just me, but I got the impression it meant a team with lot of accolades getting destroyed or shown in a different light. Texas played poorly, Tech played pretty darn good, Texas came back and made a game of it and nearly won. I wouldn't say that was exposure as much as a loss to a pretty good team. Tech losing by 44 points is a far cry from losing by 6 points at the end of a game. putting both on par could only be done by looking at the L column. otherwise night and day

Emerson1
12-09-2008, 08:19 PM

Actually only one of them is. TTech proved they cannot even COMPETE on the road in a close game, that is being exposed as a FRAUD.

Texas lost on the road against a team in the biggest game in the history of their program on the last play of the game after being down double digits. That is not being exposed

There is a reason Tech dropped so far and Texas was still in the NC hunt after their loss.

I think even Keith7 would agree you have no idea what you are talking about. That is pretty sad

Eagle 1
12-09-2008, 08:45 PM

I think even Keith7 would agree you have no idea what you are talking about. That is pretty sad
Just because you dont agree with my reasoning means I dont know what I am talking about.
Prime example of your arrogance.:clap:

After the UT/TT game on live tv it was commented how Tech had just exposed UT's secondary, but I guess you missed that part too.

TheDOCTORdre
12-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Just because you dont agree with my reasoning means I dont know what I am talking about.
Prime example of your arrogance.:clap:

After the UT/TT game on live tv it was commented how Tech had just exposed UT's secondary, but I guess you missed that part too.

I dont think you can say the secondary was exposed against Tech....going into the season everyone knew that was our weakness on defense...we had not been very good in the 2ndary this season and it really shouldnt have come as a suprise, i mean look at the game from last year

Emerson1
12-09-2008, 11:08 PM
I don't get how you expose a secondary starting a freshman and a red shirt freshman that pretty much everyone expected nothing from this season. Nothing was exposed, everyone knew that would be the weakest part of the UT defense.

Try again.

augie97
12-10-2008, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Keith7

my prediction..

Ohio State 37
Texas 14

Lets throw some numbers out there just for grins. All of these numbers can be found at ncaafootball.com.

UT OSU

passing 11th passing 104th
rushing 34th rushing 28th
scoring 5th scoring 45th
total off. 9th total off. 78th
pass eff. 2nd pass eff. 26th

total def 50th total def 8th
rushing def 2nd rushing def 20th
pass def 59th passing def 11th

No way has Ohio State seen an offense like Texas'. Ohio States offense just doesn't have the production to put up 37 points. They managed those stats against the Big Ten. This will be a close game for a quarter, then Texas takes the Buckeyes to the wood shed.

Texas 45
OSU 10

BuckeyeNut
12-10-2008, 09:51 AM
TEXAS IS GOING TO ROLL OHIO STATE. MORE THEN 4 TD'S.

TO BAD IT WONT MATTER IN THE RANKINGS:(

blowfish
12-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Funny thing aboout stats, they always look good on paper.

No way Texas wins by four touochdowns. They do have a chance although it is slim one to win the game. Texas has not faced a physical defense like Ohio State. Colt is the leading rusher for Texas and after a quarter or two being pounded by our defense he will be looking for his mom up in the stands to save him. Remember back to the OU game last year win they knocked him out of the game. I imagine that is the kind of hitting he is about to face.

You can say alot of things about the Big Ten but they play some of the most physical Defense in the nation.

As for the offense, Texas is about to see the second coming of Vince Young. Terrell Pryor is 6'6" and 235 pounds. No way texas's defense can stop him and "Beanie" Wells from running up and down the field. Then you throw in a few passes to Robiski and Hartline, GAME OVER!

JasperDog94
12-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Colt is the leading rusher for Texas and after a quarter or two being pounded by our defense he will be looking for his mom up in the stands to save him. Yeah, cause we all know that Colt is a mama's boy, right?:blahblah: :blahblah:

TheDOCTORdre
12-10-2008, 10:54 AM

You can say alot of things about the Big Ten but they play some of the most physical Defense in the nation.

As for the offense, Texas is about to see the second coming of Vince Young. Terrell Pryor is 6'6" and 235 pounds. No way texas's defense can stop him and "Beanie" Wells from running up and down the field. Then you throw in a few passes to Robiski and Hartline, GAME OVER!

the Big ten sucks and everyone knows that with the exception of Penn State. Big Ten defenses have got nothing on what Mushcamp is going to throw the buckeyes way. Pryor- the second coming of Vince Young is a laugh...he's good but not that good he'll be throwing passes short, out of bounds and too quick which will lead to about 4 INTs, cause he's gonna be under pressure like he's never seen

Eagle 1
12-10-2008, 11:07 AM
I don't get how you expose a secondary starting a freshman and a red shirt freshman that pretty much everyone expected nothing from this season. Nothing was exposed, everyone knew that would be the weakest part of the UT defense.

Try again.

True, but I dont write the articles. It was mentioned during the post game summary too.

"If Harrell has time to pass, his wide receivers will find a way to get open and the Texas secondary will finally be exposed for what it is."

LINK (http://ezinearticles.com/?1-Texas-at-7-Texas-Tech-Game-Summary-Breakdown&id=1637491)

Emerson1
12-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
the Big ten sucks and everyone knows that with the exception of Penn State. Big Ten defenses have got nothing on what Mushcamp is going to throw the buckeyes way. Pryor- the second coming of Vince Young is a laugh...he's good but not that good he'll be throwing passes short, out of bounds and too quick which will lead to about 4 INTs, cause he's gonna be under pressure like he's never seen
Pryor isn't even the best freshman QB in the nation this year.

Emerson1
12-10-2008, 11:19 AM
[B]True, but I dont write the articles. It was mentioned during the post game summary too.

"If Harrell has time to pass, his wide receivers will find a way to get open and the Texas secondary will finally be exposed for what it is."

WOW! You are really going to base your argument off some random persons blog?

I still do not see how a secondary is "exposed" because Graham Harrell had all day to pass and found an open receiver with 10 seconds to throw in the most prolific passing offense in the nation.

JasperDog94
12-10-2008, 11:24 AM

I still do not see how a secondary is "exposed" because Graham Harrell had all day to pass and found an open receiver with 10 seconds to throw in the most prolific passing offense in the nation. ...against a young, inexperienced secondary.

TheDOCTORdre
12-10-2008, 12:48 PM

I still do not see how a secondary is "exposed" because Graham Harrell had all day to pass and found an open receiver with 10 seconds to throw in the most prolific passing offense in the nation.

hey im going to go post a new blog and throw in somethings about teams being exposed and you can use them as arguements down the road if you want haha

IHS Fan
12-10-2008, 01:24 PM
y'all can say what you want about this game. the truth is Texas is going to whoop 'em and i am going to be there to see it happen.

TheDOCTORdre
12-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by IHS Fan
y'all can say what you want about this game. the truth is Texas is going to whoop 'em and i am going to be there to see it happen.
I envy you

blowfish
12-10-2008, 03:40 PM
I am debating aboout going. I found tickets for $156.00 but that dosent include what I would spend ofr airfare and lodging.

20loboes10
12-10-2008, 09:19 PM
I honestly think this will be a great game and we will finally get to see how good the Big 12 conference really is. I think Texas will win this in a blow-out just on the fact that they have to many weapons on offense for the Buckeye defense to contain.

DDBooger
12-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by 20loboes10
I honestly think this will be a great game
:thinking:

I think Texas will win this in a blow-out
:thinking:

WTF-82
12-11-2008, 12:56 AM
I honestly think this will be a great game and we will finally get to see how good the Big 12 conference really is. I think Texas will win this in a blow-out just on the fact that they have to many weapons on offense for the Buckeye defense to contain.

What weapons are you talking about McCoy is this offense he finds the hots reads this is what he does so well he is very smart and then he is as good as anyone outside the pocket finding receivers or using his legs. They have a good line but they can not run the ball well this is a big plus to Ohio State. They will keep McCoy in the pocket like Tech did and pressure him and force him to make mistakes something he never had to worry about playing against Big 12 defenses. They beat people deep by scheming nice routes with a couple of screens then forcing defenders to jump the routes then McCoy and Shipley are brilliant in reading this and then burning the defense deep Shipley can run and play. But to say that Texas has to many weapons
I dont think so. I believe that if 'Terrell can have a decent game and not lose the game with mistakes. Ohio State can win this one I know they can play defense Texas will not be able to run on them unless they use lot of Zone with McCoy but dont know if the Coaching staff would want to risk McCoy against the Ohio St LB's they can easily knock him out of the game and without Colt UT would be in major trouble.

JasperDog94
12-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
the Ohio St LB's can easily knock him out of the game and without Colt UT would be in major trouble. lol...yeah, don't worry about beating the other team. Try to knock out the other team's best player. :dispntd: :dispntd:

RedWhiteBlue
12-11-2008, 10:53 AM
[they can easily knock him out of the game and without Colt UT would be in major trouble. [/B]
Why would you even say that?:confused:

DDBooger
12-11-2008, 10:56 AM
yeah, because Ohio St lb'ers were so ravenous all season long in that bastion of talent called the Big 10:rolleyes:
They'll be running in cinder blocks as McGee, Ogbannaya, McCoy, and that little waterbug looking kid dice em up. Passing game will keep those LB back or out of the game entirely.

RedWhiteBlue
12-11-2008, 11:00 AM
yeah, because Ohio St lb'ers were so ravenous all season long in that bastion of talent called the Big 10:rolleyes:
They'll be running in cinder blocks as McGee, Ogbannaya, McCoy, and that little waterbug looking kid dice em up. Passing game will keep those LB back or out of the game entirely.
It is always a good thing when someone on a team can be referred to as a 'waterbug'....... :D I love it.

piratebg
12-11-2008, 11:02 AM
I was at a CPR class for work yesterday, and my partner was wearing a Buckeye hoody and cap. We talked crap to each other the whole time. :D

20loboes10
12-11-2008, 06:07 PM
What weapons are you talking about McCoy is this offense he finds the hots reads this is what he does so well he is very smart and then he is as good as anyone outside the pocket finding receivers or using his legs. They have a good line but they can not run the ball well this is a big plus to Ohio State. They will keep McCoy in the pocket like Tech did and pressure him and force him to make mistakes something he never had to worry about playing against Big 12 defenses. They beat people deep by scheming nice routes with a couple of screens then forcing defenders to jump the routes then McCoy and Shipley are brilliant in reading this and then burning the defense deep Shipley can run and play. But to say that Texas has to many weapons
I dont think so. I believe that if 'Terrell can have a decent game and not lose the game with mistakes. Ohio State can win this one I know they can play defense Texas will not be able to run on them unless they use lot of Zone with McCoy but dont know if the Coaching staff would want to risk McCoy against the Ohio St LB's they can easily knock him out of the game and without Colt UT would be in major trouble.

Its stupid to say that Texas has only one or two weapons on offense. They have had a few awesome years of recruiting and it has shown on the field. McCoy is a good qb but he has a team around him. McCoy had a bad year last year but they still managed to have a winning season and now that he has his confidence back the team is firing on all cylinders. The Texas defense is not going to let Terrell get into a rythme. If Terrell cant get in a rythme the offense will stall and McCoy will pick apart this OSU defense. Why would they try to run the ball when they havent done so all year?

WTF-82
12-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Why would you even say that?:confused:

Because its Football you talk with your helmet and shoulder pads did you ever play. This what you do you play with high intensity and try to knock someones head of if you dont play football this way you are in trouble. Going for late hits and punching spearing face mask that is different. But when that wistle blows and ball is snapped its time to go play hard. How could you even ask that.

Some of you need to toughen up.

DDBooger
12-12-2008, 12:13 AM
Because its Football you talk with your helmet and shoulder pads did you ever play. This what you do you play with high intensity and try to knock someones head of if you dont play football this way you are in trouble. Going for late hits and punching spearing face mask that is different. But when that wistle blows and ball is snapped its time to go play hard. How could you even ask that.

Some of you need to toughen up.
yeah but then you have the other cliche, those who TALK tough and then those who ARE TOUGH! so its a circular argument. Football is a tough sport, left at that, talking about injuries is stupid, if they happen, so be it.

WTF-82
12-12-2008, 12:17 AM
Its stupid to say that Texas has only one or two weapons on offense. They have had a few awesome years of recruiting and it has shown on the field. McCoy is a good qb but he has a team around him. McCoy had a bad year last year but they still managed to have a winning season and now that he has his confidence back the team is firing on all cylinders. The Texas defense is not going to let Terrell get into a rythme. If Terrell cant get in a rythme the offense will stall and McCoy will pick apart this OSU defense. Why would they try to run the ball when they havent done so all year?

Texas does have talent on offense. I said a good line and mentioned Shiply as brlliant and could run and play.
And everyone knows what Colt can do. Can they run the ball well. Do they have that much more talent on offense that Ohio State's defense no they dont. I am telling you Buckeyes will come to play UT is not Flordia or Lsu the teams Ohio St. has lost to last couple of years in the National Title game. USC embarrased them but they embarrase everyone outside of the Pac-10.

WTF-82
12-12-2008, 12:21 AM
yeah but then you have the other cliche, those who TALK tough and then those who ARE TOUGH! so its a circular argument. Football is a tough sport, left at that, talking about injuries is stupid, if they happen, so be it.

Do you know what talking with you Helmet and Shoulder pads means. Its is playing hitting wrapping up going hard with High motor all the time no talking with mouth simply the leather popping from the head gear and shoulder pads this is Football bud no one is trying to hit no one from the back it is head on collisions leagal play. HIGH INTENSITY ITS FOOTBALL.

WTF-82
12-12-2008, 12:24 AM

Take away OU and UT and the Big 12 is not much better.

DDBooger
12-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Take away OU and UT and the Big 12 is not much better. hahaha Tech and OSU would likely compete if not win that conference. Mizzou would be up there as well. just my opinion, but watching both conferences, its dismal, their offenses look dated, even when they're in the spread, not a lot of speed. Penn St is going to get dismantled by USC

Emerson1
12-12-2008, 12:31 AM
Take away OU and UT and the Big 12 is not much better.
Not according to the stats

http://www.colleyrankings.com/curconf.html

DDBooger
12-12-2008, 12:32 AM
Do you know what talking with you Helmet and Shoulder pads means. Its is playing hitting wrapping up going hard with High motor all the time no talking with mouth simply the leather popping from the head gear and shoulder pads this is Football bud no one is trying to hit no one from the back it is head on collisions leagal play. HIGH INTENSITY ITS FOOTBALL.
see once again, you're just sounding like a coach or has been, I've heard all that and its stupid outside of a locker room. This is a forum, not a pep rally. Discuss why UT will lose, cause if we kept it at "talking with the pads" well, hell, why would we need a forum. It would just be, we'll win, cause we'll hit harder, no we do, no we do! lmao

WTF-82
12-12-2008, 12:48 AM
see once again, you're just sounding like a coach or has been, I've heard all that and its stupid outside of a locker room. This is a forum, not a pep rally. Discuss why UT will lose, cause if we kept it at "talking with the pads" well, hell, why would we need a forum. It would just be, we'll win, cause we'll hit harder, no we do, no we do! lmao

Have been both thank you. I am just reminding you that this is not volleyball its a high intense sport and you better play it that way ask the UT def coordinatar he is very high intense and demands that from his players in football the mental game is a big part of the physicall game bud.

I have already discussed earlier how I think Ohio St could make this close and possibly pull it off. If you want more details I will give you more I do think Ohio State defense is talented enough to contain Texas not stop them. If Terrell has a decent game and they use him and Beanie Wells right wich Tressel and staff is good enough to put something together and they dont make mistakes with the young Freshmen they can make some things happen.

DDBooger
12-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Have been both thank you. I am just reminding you that this is not volleyball its a high intense sport and you better play it that way ask the UT def coordinatar he is very high intense and demands that from his players in football the mental game is a big part of the physicall game bud.

I have already discussed earlier how I think Ohio St could make this close and possibly pull it off. If you want more details I will give you more I do think Ohio State defense is talented enough to contain Texas not stop them. If Terrell has a decent game and they use him and Beanie Wells right wich Tressel and staff is good enough to put something together and they dont make mistakes with the young Freshmen they can make some things happen. as I have been, just think it goes without say...but, lets get past that, you were actually retorting to some other touchy folk....I appreciate your opinion, but I think Ohio St is out of its league. THIS YEAR, now next year, that QB could start making some noise nationally. But, Ohio St will have to regain the trust of the voters before they give them the benefit of the doubt. then again, they may only have to keep from losing more than two games to get into BCS games because of their fanbase:rolleyes:

WTF-82
12-12-2008, 01:11 AM
as I have been, just think it goes without say...but, lets get past that, you were actually retorting to some other touchy folk....I appreciate your opinion, but I think Ohio St is out of its league. THIS YEAR, now next year, that QB could start making some noise nationally. But, Ohio St will have to regain the trust of the voters before they give them the benefit of the doubt. then again, they may only have to keep from losing more than two games to get into BCS games because of their fanbase:rolleyes:

some other touchy folk LOL!!! Funny dood !!!

Just cant wait till Bowl season. I just hope my Irish can play good enough to get a win against Hawaii. I worry every night. But should be fun Bowl season wish it was already Dec 20 cant wait this is when we find out how good conferences really are they play somebody othre than themselves this is why the SEC gets there rep they are great in bowl games against othr folks. Lets see what happens. My opinion SEC is still king and USC
is still the best in the country.

20loboes10
12-12-2008, 08:37 AM
Texas does have talent on offense. I said a good line and mentioned Shiply as brlliant and could run and play.
And everyone knows what Colt can do. Can they run the ball well. Do they have that much more talent on offense that Ohio State's defense no they dont. I am telling you Buckeyes will come to play UT is not Flordia or Lsu the teams Ohio St. has lost to last couple of years in the National Title game. USC embarrased them but they embarrase everyone outside of the Pac-10.

I guess we just have to wait and see.

bullpen
12-12-2008, 09:36 AM
Oregon State blew this bowl season for all of us - Beat Oregon and go to the Rose. USC goes to AZ to play UT now that would be a game to watch (Also the Rose bowl might be watchable with 2 evenly matched weak teams). Thanks OSU now we have 2 blow outs, but I'll still watch em - I like train wrecks.

blowfish
12-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Just a couple of nubers about people saying Ohio State plays a weak schedule.

Texas 11 games with a combined 76-56 record with 4 teams in the top 20

Ohio State 12 games with a combined 82-63 record with 4 teams in the top 20

Pretty even schedules if you ask me?

TheDOCTORdre
12-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Just a couple of nubers about people saying Ohio State plays a weak schedule.

Texas 11 games with a combined 76-56 record with 4 teams in the top 20

Ohio State 12 games with a combined 82-63 record with 4 teams in the top 20

Pretty even schedules if you ask me?

how many top 10 teams did Ohio State play?

JasperDog94
12-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
how many top 10 teams did Ohio State play? Or better yet, how many top 10 teams did Ohio State beat?

TheDOCTORdre
12-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Or better yet, how many top 10 teams did Ohio State beat? :clap:

pirate4state
01-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Reading over this thread after the game was pretty funny. Some of you were spot on & some of you were way off base. :D

Blowfish - you were close in your prediction for rushing yards, 203 yds. :clap:

Colt was sacked 3 times & intercepted once! :thumbsup:

Too bad about that final score. ;)