K-MAC Chuck
12-07-2008, 08:18 PM
and FOX

cr180t
12-07-2008, 08:55 PM
what r they

WylieBulldog92
12-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3444571)

I will be glued to my TV on the 31st at 11 AM

WylieBulldog92
12-07-2008, 08:59 PM
I also think the GMAC bowl is going to be better than the Orange!

cr180t
12-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the link Looks like some good ones

Matthew328
12-07-2008, 09:39 PM
The Poinsettia Bowl will be awesome

HM33
12-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
I also think the GMAC bowl is going to be better than the Orange!

agreed

HM33
12-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
The Poinsettia Bowl will be awesome

and agreed

cr180t
12-07-2008, 09:57 PM
and agreed. we should have a bowl poll

Electus Unus
12-08-2008, 12:32 AM
The Boise State and TCU game is the 3rd best bowl game in my opinion behind the BCS NC and the Fiesta Bowl.

DDBooger
12-08-2008, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
The Boise State and TCU game is the 3rd best bowl game in my opinion behind the BCS NC and the Fiesta Bowl. i agree, BCS games are lacking this year. The year USC and Texas played, those BCS games were legit, I think all of em were real good!

RMAC
12-08-2008, 01:11 AM
I had really been hoping to see the "vaunted" USC defense take on an offense with a pulse. . . particularly any of the top 4 in the Big 12 South.

lakers
12-08-2008, 01:19 AM
Tech got the Cotton Bowl vs. Ole Miss.
I am glad that Tech is playing in Texas because I can actually afford to go to the game... woohoo

WTF-82
12-08-2008, 01:48 AM
National Title should be USC vs Flordia now way OU or
UT should be in this. USC id definantly one of the 2 best in the country they got robbed again they lost one game on the road to very good team because one half of bad football. OU lost on neutral site and UT lost on the road to a top 25 team. Everyone knows the Big 12 is overrated and it will show in the bowl games I do believe that UTand OU are top 8 maybe top 5 teams but the rest of the big 12 dont think so. USC gets robbed again because people think there schedule is weak but they beat top 4 Ohio STATE in non confrence who else had a top notch non conference game no one. If we had a playoff I would not want to draw USC and neither would any of college coaches the 2 best teams are USC and Flordia too bad they dont get to play. Tebow will have a field day againt the Big 12 defense.

There is only one Defense in the country other than SEC defenses that can stop Flordia specially when healthy and it is
USC. Another thing OU and UT playing on neutral field wrong to other schools USC lost 1 game this year but on the road. Lets say UT would of made the big game would not been right for USC because they lost on the road and UT beat OU on neutral playing field and lost to Tech on there only road test of the year. I like the red river rivalry its a great game. But for the BCS to be this close for schools to get to play on neutral fields is not right for others. In the Big 12 it was Tech they beat Texas and lost in Norman. Not right for Tech to have to go to Norman every other year and UT gets to play them every year in Dallas in neutral field. Same goes for OU. No one says anything because it was never an issue but this year it was 3 way tie in the south OU lost to UT and Tech beat UT but had to travel to Norman and lost Tech probably still loses if it plays OU in a neutral field but I still dont get the chance. The red river rivalry not right for other schools.

WTF-82
12-08-2008, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by lakers
Tech got the Cotton Bowl vs. Ole Miss.
I am glad that Tech is playing in Texas because I can actually afford to go to the game... woohoo

This is one of the reason Tech does not get to go to big games a at large they will not travel. Last year the Gator Bowl lost a lot because Tech did not sell there tickets. This why Tech fans gonna have to travel if they want to get in to the big games.
Here are some of the schools that the bowl commiteies love no matter what because they sell tickets national fan base.

Nebraska
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Florida
Alabama
Texas
Michigan
Penn St.
Flordia St.

IHStangFan
12-08-2008, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
i agree, BCS games are lacking this year. The year USC and Texas played, those BCS games were legit, I think all of em were real good! Boog...I'm with you man....none of these (other than about 3 of em) really jumped out and said "HEY!!! WATCH ME!!!" like a few years ago when literally EVERY game was a good one.

WylieBulldog92
12-08-2008, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Boog...I'm with you man....none of these (other than about 3 of em) really jumped out and said "HEY!!! WATCH ME!!!" like a few years ago when literally EVERY game was a good one.
That kind of begs the question "Should we have automatic qualifiers?"

JasperDog94
12-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
Another thing OU and UT playing on neutral field wrong to other schools USC lost 1 game this year but on the road. Lets say UT would of made the big game would not been right for USC because they lost on the road and UT beat OU on neutral playing field and lost to Tech on there only road test of the year. If you think that going to play in at Kansas in the brutal cold was not a "true road test" then you are clueless.

JasperDog94
12-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Oh and don't forget that Texas held OU to their season low of 35 points, while completely shutting down their running game. The longer the game goes on, the stronger the Texas defense gets.

They also held Tech to 1 offensive touchdown in the second half.

3afan
12-08-2008, 09:32 AM
but if UT & OU were to play today OU would be a solid favorite

JasperDog94
12-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
but if UT & OU were to play today OU would be a solid favorite No doubt, but they were a solid favorite going into their first game. How quickly people forget that OU was steamrolling teams before they got beat by Texas.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Oh and don't forget that Texas held OU to their season low of 35 points, while completely shutting down their running game. The longer the game goes on, the stronger the Texas defense gets.

As a big UT fan I can admit injuries to Murray helped Texas shut down their running game

JasperDog94
12-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
As a big UT fan I can admit injuries to Murray helped Texas shut down their running game Just like injuries helped Tech beat Texas. (Cosby and Orakpo)

NastySlot
12-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94

so did tcu......35-10.

JasperDog94
12-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
so did tcu......35-10. Yes they did too, but it's still their season low.

rockdale80
12-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
National Title should be USC vs Flordia now way OU or
UT should be in this. USC id definantly one of the 2 best in the country they got robbed again they lost one game on the road to very good team because one half of bad football. OU lost on neutral site and UT lost on the road to a top 25 team. Everyone knows the Big 12 is overrated and it will show in the bowl games I do believe that UTand OU are top 8 maybe top 5 teams but the rest of the big 12 dont think so. USC gets robbed again because people think there schedule is weak but they beat top 4 Ohio STATE in non confrence who else had a top notch non conference game no one. If we had a playoff I would not want to draw USC and neither would any of college coaches the 2 best teams are USC and Flordia too bad they dont get to play. Tebow will have a field day againt the Big 12 defense.

There is only one Defense in the country other than SEC defenses that can stop Flordia specially when healthy and it is
USC. Another thing OU and UT playing on neutral field wrong to other schools USC lost 1 game this year but on the road. Lets say UT would of made the big game would not been right for USC because they lost on the road and UT beat OU on neutral playing field and lost to Tech on there only road test of the year. I like the red river rivalry its a great game. But for the BCS to be this close for schools to get to play on neutral fields is not right for others. In the Big 12 it was Tech they beat Texas and lost in Norman. Not right for Tech to have to go to Norman every other year and UT gets to play them every year in Dallas in neutral field. Same goes for OU. No one says anything because it was never an issue but this year it was 3 way tie in the south OU lost to UT and Tech beat UT but had to travel to Norman and lost Tech probably still loses if it plays OU in a neutral field but I still dont get the chance. The red river rivalry not right for other schools.

WOW :eek: :eek:

rcbulldog34
12-10-2008, 07:47 PM
Well heres a link to one zero u fan that gets it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-_kpKrOlRg

Scrambler
12-10-2008, 11:21 PM

Buy a ticket here:
http://www.tix.com/Event.asp?Event=157005

I'm going.

WylieBulldog92
12-11-2008, 08:42 AM

I take that back I'll be there! WOOHOO!