PDA

View Full Version : Why is nobody talking about

Necks_Fan
12-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Trinity, Pearland, and Refugio losing?

All big time upsets IMO.

LH Panther Mom
12-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Blanco is VERY good, so I wouldn't necessarly call that an upset. Besides, few keep up with or care about those "other" classes. :p

JT44
12-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Saw some Refugio players on the Victoria news. They were asking how it was going to feel playing in the Alamodome the first time. I must say this inparticular players was pretty cocky in saying that "everyones just gonna come see us ball at the dome" just like in Refugio. You have to see it to see his smirk on his face.

Necks_Fan
12-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Refugio was ranked #1 in 2A, correct?

I think that constitutes as an upset.

Emerson1
12-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Trinity sucked and could have very well lost two weeks ago but scored with 17 seconds left to beat Plano.

DDBooger
12-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Trinity sucked and could have very well lost two weeks ago but scored with 17 seconds left to beat Plano. Their Tongan well drying up?

Emerson1
12-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Their Tongan well drying up?
I'm sure they will be better next year. Allen just whooped them up and down the field and would any other week as well.

DDBooger
I'm sure they will be better next year. Allen just whooped them up and down the field and would any other week as well. who did Allen lose to?

Necks_Fan
Trinity sucked and could have very well lost two weeks ago but scored with 17 seconds left to beat Plano. So I guess Trinity being ranked #1 in the nation was just a fluke?:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
12-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Refugio was ranked #1 in 2A, correct?

I think that constitutes as an upset.
And Blanco was # 5. They were both undefeated last night before the game & ranked top 5 in the state at the end of the regular season. The only top 5 2A time not still playing is Arp.

Necks_Fan
12-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
And Blanco was # 5. They were both undefeated last night before the game & ranked top 5 in the state at the end of the regular season. The only top 5 2A time not still playing is Arp. Good info.

Even though Blanco was really good and everybody knew it..... who expected Blanco to win by 20 points? 27-7.

Not me for sure.

K-MAC Chuck
12-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Blanco is VERY good, so I wouldn't necessarly call that an upset.

I agree, in the sense I've seen Blanco on tape and I've been saying on KVET radio that Blanco's going to state..they have a really good program...

Yes, Refugio was #1 in state but some of the folks that cover 2A also said they saw Blanco beating Refugio...

Emerson1
12-07-2008, 12:46 PM
So I guess Trinity being ranked #1 in the nation was just a fluke?:thinking:
Yes. Reputation plus the Haka getting national attention.

Necked
12-07-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm surprised that Katy is still going. They got off to a terrible start this season....

3afan
12-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
who did Allen lose to?

Allen lost to Trinity early in the year by a TD

ya allen beat Trinity up yesterday, they were clearly the better team

Pearland losing to Hightower was no surprise to me

OrangeChamps
12-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Upset? I think that loss was almost a given. Refugio always seems to fall apart this time of year. I mean how many quarterfinals and semifinals have they been too without making it to state. Year after year you see them playing deep into the playoffs, but they never make it. I went back to 1987 before I saw them in a state final, which they lost. They have the most playoff appearances in 2a football (39), yet very little to show for it.

charlesrixey
12-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Katy is like Celina this year

they started off bad, have caught on fire, played some good but not great teams in the playoffs, and is about to get tested for real

Necks_Fan
12-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Katy is just like LaMarque this year.

They are starting ALOT of underclassmen at the skill position, so they weren't every good early, but they are really gelling late and look to be very good the next couple years.

Same with LM.

gobbler grad
12-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Refugio has not been playing like a #1 team, lately...finally caught up with them last night...they did have a great season, though

Crow22
12-07-2008, 02:57 PM
So I guess Trinity being ranked #1 in the nation was just a fluke?:thinking:

According to the Harris Poll....Kirbyville was #1.

Necks_Fan
12-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Crow22
According to the Harris Poll....Kirbyville was #1. You may have quoted the wrong post... but all I had seen was Refugio at #1 in 2A.

Also, Harris poll had Trinity at #1 in the nation and Allen at #9.... I guess because Trinity had already beaten Allen once.

catdaddy
12-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Trinity, Pearland, and Refugio losing?

All big time upsets IMO.

Well for one, the big schools get plenty of media attention so personally I could care less if they get discussed. I did write a fairly sarcasm-laced email to the Austin Garrettsman for their obvious bias toward the smaller schools after seeing they had a photographer in Waco for the Stony Point game but per the usual, we are afforded a synopsis article of the game. It seems they only show up at games really close where there is a good chance of us losing. *%#$&% :mad: (insert favorite exclaimation)

sahen
12-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Hightower beating Pearland wasn't that shocking to me since they beat North Shore earlier in the playoffs (that one shocked me)....

The bigger surprise than Katy being still in the playoffs is that La Porte actually made it to the quarterfinals and got beat by Katy...La Porte was not that good, both Baytown High Schools beat them (one didnt make the playoffs) and La Porte made the playoffs based on their weak district (minus Pearland)....yet somehow their bracket worked out favorably for them...

LH Panther Mom
12-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by catdaddy
Well for one, the big schools get plenty of media attention so personally I could care less if they get discussed. I did write a fairly sarcasm-laced email to the Austin Garrettsman for their obvious bias toward the smaller schools after seeing they had a photographer in Waco for the Stony Point game but per the usual, we are afforded a synopsis article of the game. It seems they only show up at games really close where there is a good chance of us losing. *%#$&% :mad: (insert favorite exclaimation)
FWIW, Rick Cantu was in attendance last night. :)