PDA

View Full Version : Look Like WO-S Has a Hex of their own

WOS87
12-07-2008, 05:20 AM
Last year WO-S lost to La Vega who subsequently were upset by China Spring the next week in the Quarterfinals 28-31

This year WO-S lost to Gilmer who subsequently were upset by Carthage the next week in the Quarterfinals 28-31

griff
12-07-2008, 08:10 AM
87, it kind of reminds me of the 80's when we lost to C.E. King a couple of times.

All this talk about the stupid "Tinker's Dang Hex" can be shut up again for another year. Why grown adults want to inject witchcraft into high school football is ridiculous, and not in the spirit of good sportsmanship.

Aesculus gilmus
12-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
Last year WO-S lost to La Vega who subsequently were upset by China Spring the next week in the Quarterfinals 28-31

This year WO-S lost to Gilmer who subsequently were upset by Carthage the next week in the Quarterfinals 28-31

I don't think it was an upset. It was biled as a fairly evenly-matched game in advance, with a slight edge given to Carthage by most observers IN THIS AREA (not around the state, where Gilmer is better known) and that's exactly how it turned out.

Ranger Mom
12-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Maybe our old poster Polysemous13 is back!!:D

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I don't think it was an upset. It was biled as a fairly evenly-matched game in advance, with a slight edge given to Carthage by most observers IN THIS AREA (not around the state, where Gilmer is better known) and that's exactly how it turned out.

your right

if there was a line for the game I would have said Carthage by 3

3ADL might not know of Carthage(save LH fans)

but they are GOOD, real good wotjh great skill postion players AND a really nasty OL that is big and moves well

WOS87
12-08-2008, 03:15 AM
Mmmm.....

Justify it all you want but there's no way I would have put Carthage as the favorite over Gilmer. Gilmer was #1 in the Massey ratings, and were ranked ahead of Carthage in every other ranking of note that I am aware of.

The following set of games alone should say enough:

Gilmer 54, Diboll 0
Diboll 30, Nacogdoches 14
Nacogdoches 21, Carthage 18

It was an upset

GUNHO
12-08-2008, 08:05 AM
WOS87.That is why I'm glad you have to settle it on the field.

eagles_victory
12-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
Mmmm.....

Justify it all you want but there's no way I would have put Carthage as the favorite over Gilmer. Gilmer was #1 in the Massey ratings, and were ranked ahead of Carthage in every other ranking of note that I am aware of.

The following set of games alone should say enough:

Gilmer 54, Diboll 0
Diboll 30, Nacogdoches 14
Nacogdoches 21, Carthage 18

It was an upset Ive seen Carthage play several times and they were the favorite coming into this game. If your using Team A beat Team B and Team B beat Team C as your logic that is rather faulty. Not to mention that Carthage smashed Diboll in Diboll earlier this year.

JasperDog94
12-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
If your using Team A beat Team B and Team B beat Team C as your logic that is rather faulty. Not so fast my friend. This is the same logic the BCS uses and we all know how great that system is...;)

eagles_victory
12-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Not so fast my friend. This is the same logic the BCS uses and we all know how great that system is...;) This is way too complicated for the BCS they can't even grasp the concept of Team A beat Team B.