PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to OU...

JasperDog94
12-07-2008, 12:53 AM
...for winning the "We Got Beat By Texas" Bowl.:D :D :D

HM33
12-07-2008, 01:11 AM
Its ok, cuz they are going to a bowl. They are going to the National Championship Game!

bobcat1
12-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
...for winning the "We Got Beat By Texas" Bowl.:D :D :D Sniffle sniffle

JasperDog94
12-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by HM33
Its ok, cuz they are going to a bowl. They are going to the National Championship Game! What's going to be funny is if OU wins their bowl and Texas wins their bowl and we have a split national championship.;)

bobcat1
12-07-2008, 09:03 AM
What's going to be funny is if OU wins their bowl and Texas wins their bowl and we have a split national championship.;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :dispntd: :dispntd:

JasperDog94
12-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :dispntd: :dispntd: Hide and watch.;)

ziggy29
12-07-2008, 10:40 AM
From 2004 (my emphasis added):

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?page=roadtobcs/1024

After seeing his team ranked third in the initial BCS Standings, Stoops seemed to lament not taking advantage of a late scoring opportunity against friend and former assistant coach Mike Leach when the Sooners played Texas Tech on Oct. 2, thinking it could have possibly made a slight difference in the polls.

"I think it's fair to say, in some of those instances, we might do something different (from now on) if need be," added Stoops.

Bob Stoops: a man true to his word.

cshscougar08
12-07-2008, 11:17 AM
...for winning the "We Got Beat By Texas" Bowl.:D :D :D

I'm surprised Texas has not experienced some major flooding with all the crying that has been going on.

Rabid Cougar
12-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
I'm surprised Texas has not experienced some major flooding with all the crying that has been going on.

Well at Least one TEXAS team will be in the National Championship game!

Bull Butter
12-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Well at Least one TEXAS team will be in the National Championship game!

Not so fast............

Mary Hardin-Baylor still has to defeat UW-Whitewater to get there

Emerson1
12-07-2008, 11:30 AM
It could be worse, Texas could be playing in the Cotton Bowl

Rabid Cougar
12-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Not so fast............

Mary Hardin-Baylor still has to defeat UW-Whitewater to get there
Ah! Wait a minute. Don't even compare the two.
UMHB would WIN an ACTUAL National Championship.
Not a mythical crystal ball......

LH Panther Mom
12-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It could be worse, Texas could be playing in the Cotton Bowl :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DDBooger
12-07-2008, 11:52 AM
It could be worse, Texas could be playing in the Cotton Bowl yeah, but they'll get good corndogs!:D

RMAC
12-07-2008, 11:55 AM
It could be worse, Texas could be playing in the Cotton Bowl

Yeah, but they'll be in Arizona while the team they lost to plays in it. Too bad. Tech beats the mighty horns and the only team to beat the soon-to-be national champs.

DDBooger
12-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
Yeah, but they'll be in Arizona while the team they lost to plays in it. Too bad. Tech beats the mighty horns and the only team to beat the soon-to-be national champs. Oklahoma erased all mention of them by the media. Stoops got that right.

RMAC
12-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Oklahoma erased all mention of them by the media. Stoops got that right.

Yeah, I second that. Now, had we lost the game by 10 points or so, then there really could've been a legitimate arguement about the whole operation, but we didn't, we lost by 44. I can live with that. I'm a huge Tech fan, but I don't live and die by what they do on Saturdays; I have more important things in my world that concern me.
I just find it rather amazing that he always seems to get in some shot at Tech at some point or another. I know we beat UT and all, but I'm over it. I know he's pissed that UT got screwed, and yes, I do think they got screwed too, and I'm a Tech student. Anybody with half a brain can see that. What I don't understand is that while he's roughly my age, he still acts like he's a 5 year old.