PDA

View Full Version : UT Athletic Program

Showtime33
03-31-2003, 04:42 AM
May just be the best athletic program in the nation. The football team is one of the best in the nation. Men's basketball team in the Final 4, Women's basketball team in Elite 8, and the defending National Champs in baseball. Pretty impressive program.

Phil C
03-31-2003, 09:41 AM
Show that is right and they are also good in other sports too such as women's soccer and volleyball, the swimming and diving program and golf. In fact I think it was last year that they won the national championship in swimming.

vet93
03-31-2003, 10:46 AM
Even though I am an A&M graduate I have to agree completely. Few schools in the nation can boast across the board success in both men's and women's athletics like the Longhorns. And...they have been doing it for quite some time. Let's give credit where credit is due.

Jimbotex40
04-01-2003, 09:55 PM
they are phenomenol, or how ever that needs to be spelled.

the only ones that im jealous about is football and basketball. i realize that i shouldnt be jealous of their basketball cuz Texas A&M is not known for that area of athletics, but i am a basketball fan so thats the only reason why. i definitely have the right to be jealous on the football side of it cuz thats what A&M is known for and weve been sucking lately. i guarantee that it will change with Mr. Dennis Franchione coming, or at least it better seeing the pampering hes getting....
lol, i walked around kyle field over spring break, and his designated parking spot at the facility where they work out is about five feet from the entrance. the spot is designated with a maroon poll saying "COACH FRAN" in white letters down the front of it.

PPHSfan
04-01-2003, 10:29 PM
phenomenal

But you were close. :p

pirate4state
04-01-2003, 10:40 PM
Hook 'em Horns!! Girls are so kicking LSU's butts :D :D :D Woo-Hoo--both squads going to the Final Four!!!

Phil C
04-07-2003, 04:00 PM
I have to admit that both teams have accomplished something great in getting to the final four even though they lost the first round. The Texas Men's basketball team should be able to make another great run next year since they are expecting to return all 5 starters next year and be a senior loaded club. The Lady Longhorns should be strong since they are only losing one senior and had a great bench and should be strong next year. Of course Connecticut is in the same position and hopefully next year maybe Texas and Connecticut will meet in the final game. I hope Cincinatti beats Tennessee tomorrow night so they can have the extra pressure next year of being National Champions and ranked No. 1 until they maybe play Texas in the National Championship game next year if it happens. Of course a lot of factors must happen before it becomes a reality but it would be great. If it does it should be another anybody's ball game that could go either way like last night. Tennesee will be strong next year too but they are losing Larson and Jackson. Other teams will be strong so you never know.

Phil C
04-09-2003, 08:49 AM
The two championships games this year may actually be a big help to the Texas teams next year. Syracuse won the men's final game and Cincinatti won the women's final game and both have nearly all their star players returning like the two Texas teams but hopefully they will be ranked No. 1 during the season and in the playoffs which puts added pressure on a team which can sometimes help. We will see next year but the future for the two Texas teams next year looks bright at this point.