PDA

View Full Version : DII State Semifinal: Liberty Hill Panthers (14-0) vs. Celina Bobcats (11-3)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

LHexPlayer
12-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Finally the gloves are coming off. Please continue :1popcorn:

firstcat
12-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Luckily, I don't play oline so I am not worried. Talking smack has too many rules at this level. Join me on the OU board?

Go Gators!!

Hey, gatordaze, you shouldn't run off...it was just getting fun.

gatordaze
12-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by firstcat
Hey, gatordaze, you shouldn't run off...it was just getting fun.

I don't wanna get banned from QB Club!

rundoe
12-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Gotta love this thread. The downlow at its best and worst.

firstcat
12-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
It really is nice that they have football for the little guys at the next level. Maybe he can watch Caleb on TV or in a bowl game after his season is over.

Honestly I would like to see Cody go to A&M. He is a little over 6ft. and around 210 so he is a bit small to play LB at a big school but I think he would make a hellva strong safety for just about anybody.

and you KNOW that I would LOVE for him to go to A&M!

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 12:09 PM
sounds like a great size to play safety...does he have the speed?

Daddy D 11
12-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
And what did you see on that film?

A defensive line that is nothing LH hasn't seen and one that is no where near the '06 Defensive line that Celina brought to the table. Lavey is good, heck is great, but it's hard to be great when our lineman are flying off the ball and getting to him with little resistance from your Defensive line. Your DT's are going to get pushed around, I don't see them wearing down in the 4th quarter like other teams do though, but still, they have shown that they are the weakness on that D. And that is not good news if you're a Bobcat fan, because we will run right at those suckers all night long.

I understand that your three losses were earlier in the year, and your team has matured a ton since then. But LH had some flat out battles, ON THE ROAD in week 1 and 2 against teams that were both still playing last week (Wylie and Giddings) and we snuck out the wins. Bottom line is this years LH team, from the start proved they knew how to win once again like the teams from the past and they have only built on that each game. Celina, struggled early in the season, and yes those losses are a long time ago, but they are still losses and it shows that this years Celina team has it's weaknesses and people have been able to exploit them. Spread teams have ran up the middle on the Bobcats rather successfully, obviously LH doesn't run the spread. But running up the middle is running up the middle and no one does it better than Vance's Panthers.

I still stick by my previous word that I don't think the Panthers will score alot, but I truly believe that Celina is going to have a real hard time getting our offense off the field when they need to. And no matter how "weak" our defense is and no matter how good your 2 studs are in the your backfield, as long as LH has the ball, I don't see them doing very much :p

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Please don't take this the wrong way, because it is not intended to incite anything....did #21 play in the '06 state game?

I'm not being critical, I just don't remember him...

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666
sounds like a great size to play safety...does he have the speed?

Yes and when he gets there he will light you up.

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 12:16 PM
I remember purple jerseys flying everywhere, that is for sure...

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Please don't take this the wrong way, because it is not intended to incite anything....did #21 play in the '06 state game?

Yes he was a freshman. I think he got rookie of the year for the state of Texas.

Daddy D 11
I remember purple jerseys flying everywhere, that is for sure...

Yeah he played. He had one of his best games against Celina if I remember right.

gatordaze
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
A defensive line that is nothing LH hasn't seen and one that is no where near the '06 Defensive line that Celina brought to the table. Lavey is good, heck is great, but it's hard to be great when our lineman are flying off the ball and getting to him with little resistance from your Defensive line. Your DT's are going to get pushed around, I don't see them wearing down in the 4th quarter like other teams do though, but still, they have shown that they are the weakness on that D. And that is not good news if you're a Bobcat fan, because we will run right at those suckers all night long.

I understand that your three losses were earlier in the year, and your team has matured a ton since then. But LH had some flat out battles, ON THE ROAD in week 1 and 2 against teams that were both still playing last week (Wylie and Giddings) and we snuck out the wins. Bottom line is this years LH team, from the start proved they knew how to win once again like the teams from the past and they have only built on that each game. Celina, struggled early in the season, and yes those losses are a long time ago, but they are still losses and it shows that this years Celina team has it's weaknesses and people have been able to exploit them. Spread teams have ran up the middle on the Bobcats rather successfully, obviously LH doesn't run the spread. But running up the middle is running up the middle and no one does it better than Vance's Panthers.

I still stick by my previous word that I don't think the Panthers will score alot, but I truly believe that Celina is going to have a real hard time getting our offense off the field when they need to. And no matter how "weak" our defense is and no matter how good your 2 studs are in the your backfield, as long as LH has the ball, I don't see them doing very much :p we will run right at those suckers all night long.

These "suckers" are 16 and 17 year old kids and they play real hard and their parents are proud of them and they don't deserve your hateful words! ;)

Runnin Panther
Yes he was a freshman. I think he got rookie of the year for the state of Texas.

No, sorry he was a soph.

Daddy D 11
12-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Celina Stinks:taunt:

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 12:18 PM
That's what I was thinking, or he skipped a grade since then...

Would Coach Vance allow that? ;)

Daddy D 11
12-09-2008, 12:19 PM
we will run right at those suckers all night long.

These "suckers" are 16 and 17 year old kids and they play real hard and their parents are proud of them and they don't deserve your hateful words! ;)

Good one:clap: :fnypost:

firstcat
12-09-2008, 12:22 PM

He was a sophomore that year, and yes started at LB.

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Found this on another board. What is it? http://images.yuku.com/image/pjpeg/204365d7159f9a32d0ecb480e46f1a4567b16729.pjpg

BobcatBenny
12-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Well, that just about does it.

Liberty Hill is gonna win. And that is all there is to it.

And to be honest, they have the numbers and wins to prove it on a message board.

I had no doubt about that coming into this week.

But here is what they do not realize. We have coach Ford and coach Elliot with a whole host of other outstanding coaches that have been wanting this rematch as well. And they have worked the Bobcats hard and whipped them into shape throughout this season with the understanding that it was likely the Bobcats might get to play Liberty Hill.

I have paid attention to many of the Liberty Hill games. Liberty Hill is outstanding ... no doubt about it.

But ... I have noticed some chinks in the Liberty Hill game. And ol' Benny believes coach Ford and his staff are the best in the state at noticing that kind of stuff too. Way better than Benny.

Which means you will not just get one half of brutal football from the Bobcats. Or 47 minutes of Panther crushing Bobcat foosball. I suspect that the Panthers are gonna get a full 48 minutes in this one.

And win or lose for the Bobcats. I am certain every Liberty Hill fan is gonna leave the stadium with underwear containing a big pile of mess.

The Bobcats are going to give you the best game LH has seen all season.

And that is the BobcatBenny guarantee of the year! ;)

rundoe
12-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Found this on another board. What is it? http://images.yuku.com/image/pjpeg/204365d7159f9a32d0ecb480e46f1a4567b16729.pjpg

Something you won't see Saturday.

firstcat
12-09-2008, 12:24 PM

I don't know, maybe it is what your cats are going to be seeing whenever they are looking up from flat on their backs

BobcatBenny
12-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
Something you won't see Saturday.
And rundoe is someone you won't see on this forum come Sunday! LOL

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Something you won't see Saturday. I will be there Saturday ol running doe, will you? I have eyes to see. ;)

Ranger Mom

I can see it is an upside pic of a panther.....beyond that, it looks like something my "almost" 2 yr. old granddaughter would scribble!!!!:thinking:

rundoe
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
And rundoe is someone you won't see on this forum come Sunday! LOL

Saved this one Bobcat.

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Saved this one Bobcat. Okay. Cool. We have history and we are both still here. See ya Sunday morning.:D

Ranger Mom
12-09-2008, 12:28 PM
I will be there Saturday ol running doe, will you? I have eyes to see. ;)

Why wouldn't he??:confused:

I talked to him at the game in Brownwood....I was just meandering across the field and ran upon him!!

I actually griped at him for not posting....although, he knew EVERYTHING that was going on here. He was just trying to keep his own butt out of trouble..lol!!:p

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Well, that just about does it.

Liberty Hill is gonna win. And that is all there is to it.

And to be honest, they have the numbers and wins to prove it on a message board.

I had no doubt about that coming into this week.

But here is what they do not realize. We have coach Ford and coach Elliot with a whole host of other outstanding coaches that have been wanting this rematch as well. And they have worked the Bobcats hard and whipped them into shape throughout this season with the understanding that it was likely the Bobcats might get to play Liberty Hill.

I have paid attention to many of the Liberty Hill games. Liberty Hill is outstanding ... no doubt about it.

But ... I have noticed some chinks in the Liberty Hill game. And ol' Benny believes coach Ford and his staff are the best in the state at noticing that kind of stuff too. Way better than Benny.

Which means you will not just get one half of brutal football from the Bobcats. Or 47 minutes of Panther crushing Bobcat foosball. I suspect that the Panthers are gonna get a full 48 minutes in this one.

And win or lose for the Bobcats. I am certain every Liberty Hill fan is gonna leave the stadium with underwear containing a big pile of mess.

The Bobcats are going to give you the best game LH has seen all season.

And that is the BobcatBenny guarantee of the year! ;)

Benny will any of the Celina fans leave with a mess in their pants or are they already preparing themselves by wearing Depends to the game.:D

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Benny will any of the Celina fans leave with a mess in their pants or are they already preparing themselves by wearing Depends to the game.:D You think we need them runnin panther?

rundoe
Okay. Cool. We have history and we are both still here. See ya Sunday morning.:D

Yes we do. I wouldn't miss it.

LH_Tuff
Or 47 minutes of Panther crushing Bobcat foosball.

Now that is funny right there. ;)

rundoe
12-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Why wouldn't he??:confused:

I talked to him at the game in Brownwood....I was just meandering across the field and ran upon him!!

I actually griped at him for not posting....although, he knew EVERYTHING that was going on here. He was just trying to keep his own butt out of trouble..lol!!:p

and as you well know, thats a full time job.

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 12:32 PM
The mess has been removed from '06, lots of Clorox...Your turn...

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 12:33 PM
You think we need them runnin panther?

Only if you poop yourself when the wind gets knocked from your sails.

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 12:34 PM
The mess has been removed from '06, lots of Clorox...Your turn...

that was funny

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 12:36 PM
So glad it’s not a lovefest anymore.

gatordaze
12-09-2008, 12:36 PM
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc186/jayraulerson/caleblist.jpg

rundoe
12-09-2008, 12:38 PM
You think we need them runnin panther?

Big Sale at Walmart on underwear in Celina after the game. Show your ticket stub and get half price!!

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Big Sale at Walmart on underwear in Celina after the game. Show your ticket stub and get half price!!

No Walmart in Celina....too small...WOW, this really is a mismatch of epic proportions...

ctown
All this talk of diapers and such....Fear would be a good cause for defecation. I don't think they're afraid at all. I think the real concern is shock. Perhaps they could all use a rectal bolus of orange koolaid. :hairpunk: It's a good treatment for non-believers, thankfully the true Celina faithful drink ours voluntarily through normal means every week... :cool:

pirate4state
Some of your comments/quotes have been removed from this thread. Please remember that bashing kids, in any fashion, is not acceptable here.

Carry on

rundoe
12-09-2008, 12:41 PM
No Walmart in Celina....too small...WOW, this really is a mismatch of epic proportions...

Oppps. None here either.

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 12:41 PM

Your a really funny guy RPF...Have you ever been to Liberty Hill?????

rundoe
12-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Some of your comments/quotes have been removed from this thread. Please remember that bashing kids, in any fashion, is not acceptable here.

Carry on

Can I bash Bobcat1?

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 12:46 PM
What was your UIL enrollment figure?

rundoe
12-09-2008, 12:47 PM
What was your UIL enrollment figure?

Thats classified information.

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 12:47 PM
I'll look it up myself...thanks

ctown
12-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Thats classified information.

Celina 479
LH 704

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Can I bash Bobcat1? Yes feel free to bash away. I am grown and take this stuff not seriously. I will have to take 2 blood pressure pills at game time. LOL

rundoe
12-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by ctown
Celina 479
LH 704

So much for keeping secrets.

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 12:50 PM

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 12:52 PM
With an advantage in Human Resources like that, LH better win...
be tough to explain if they don't...

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 12:52 PM
So much for keeping secrets. You?:nerd:

rundoe
12-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Yes feel free to bash away. I am grown and take this stuff not seriously. I will have to take 2 blood pressure pills at game time. LOL

I was just yanking Pirates chain. (That is a good rule though, as far as rules go.)

I may look you up and borrow some of those pills. I could have used some for about 2 minutes at the Bridgeport game. lol

pirate4state
12-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Can I bash Bobcat1?

Last time I checked, he wasn't a kid, but remember no personal attacks. ;)

I'm sure you two know exactly how far you can & can not go and if you don't we will tell you "when". ;)

rundoe
12-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Last time I checked, he wasn't a kid, but remember no personal attacks. ;)

I'm sure you two know exactly how far you can & can not go and if you don't we will tell you "when". ;)

Sigh, Ya'll always have.

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Sigh, Ya'll always have. Can I call him DoeDoe?

rundoe
12-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Can I call him DoeDoe?

Hey thats personal!! Only my Momma calls me that, lol.

Daddy D 11
12-09-2008, 01:58 PM
I've noticed that every time I've brought up how I think our Offensive line has the advantage over Celina's Defensive line, I've never seen a single person from Celina say anything back at all. Now you can come out and say you are just keeping your mouth shut and the boys will prove it all on the field, but we all know that Celina and LH fans aren't very good at that, we love to talk about everything under the sun before a football game such as this one. So, for I think the third time I will lay the bait out there....Is the Defensive Line the weak link of the Celina Defense? Because so far, not a single one of you Orange monsters has told me anything to believe that it isn't. And this excites me, normally all we hear is how good the Defensive line is?:thinking:

I guess it's not so great this year?:devil:

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 02:06 PM
I've noticed that every time I've brought up how I think our Offensive line has the advantage over Celina's Defensive line, I've never seen a single person from Celina say anything back at all. Now you can come out and say you are just keeping your mouth shut and the boys will prove it all on the field, but we all know that Celina and LH fans aren't very good at that, we love to talk about everything under the sun before a football game such as this one. So, for I think the third time I will lay the bait out there....Is the Defensive Line the weak link of the Celina Defense? Because so far, not a single one of you Orange monsters has told me anything to believe that it isn't. And this excites me, normally all we hear is how good the Defensive line is?:thinking:

Fish On!!!

The defensive line we have seen the past 6 weeks is not the defensive line you are thinking of. Keep on thinking the way you
are thinking. We'll see what happens...

Daddy D 11
12-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Fish On!!!

The defensive line we have seen the past 6 weeks is not the defensive line you are thinking of. Keep on thinking the way you
are thinking. We'll see what happens...

What if I've seen film of that Defensive Line in the past 6 weeks? Then I wouldn't be thinking of anything, I'd be looking at something:D

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 02:13 PM
If you've seen it on film, especially lately, and aren't at all impressed, then I'd say you are not giving the kids we played against ANY credit at all

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 02:14 PM
And that stinks....

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 02:14 PM
What if I've seen film of that Defensive Line in the past 6 weeks? Then I wouldn't be thinking of anything, I'd be looking at something:D

Me thinks you're on to something Daddy D. I seen those playoff films too. :eek:

Daddy D 11
12-09-2008, 02:15 PM
If you've seen it on film, especially lately, and aren't at all impressed, then I'd say you are not giving the kids we played against ANY credit at all

Never said I was unimpressed at all, just thought that if there was a weakness to point out on the 2008 version of the Celina Bobcats it'd be the Defensive line. And I'll give the teams you are playing against some credit, but not much.

Super_R
12-09-2008, 02:15 PM

I wondered the same thing. I don't think they want to talk aout weaknesses.

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 02:16 PM
What if I've seen film of that Defensive Line in the past 6 weeks? Then I wouldn't be thinking of anything, I'd be looking at something:D Then keep your eye on your film and during the be sure and refernce it in your mind. Confusion comes to those who wait.

Daddy D 11
12-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Me thinks you're on to something Daddy D. I seen those playoff films too. :eek:

Me thinks that there are three certain moms on here whose sons are going to have hay days Saturday afternoon against that Celina Defensive line:D

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
I wondered the same thing. I don't think they want to talk aout weaknesses. Please run it up the middle or do that little flip out. It could be 6.

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Me thinks that there are three certain moms on here whose sons are going to have hay days Saturday afternoon against that Celina Defensive line:D Methinks blood will ooze.

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 02:19 PM
If you want o break things down to minutia, of course our defense has a weakness, so does yours, and so does your offense and our offense.

Our defense is as good as ever, as a group, and that's how we will win the game...as a TEAM

Daddy D 11
12-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Then keep your eye on your film and during the be sure and refernce it in your mind. Confusion comes to those who wait.

Hey hey hey, you calm down up there:tisk: :p

I have said it before, and I guess some are forgetting, but I'm the LH poster that is predicting that the offense doesn't score that many points against the Celina Defense. All I'm trying to point out is that in my opinion the Defensive line is the weakest part of that defense and I wanted to see if you Celina people agreed? After all, Celina should know good line play when they see it, they've been winning with it for over a decade.

OrangeChamps
12-09-2008, 02:21 PM
I wondered the same thing. I don't think they want to talk aout weaknesses.

I've watched Celina Football for over 20 years. The only weakness I've ever seen was the lack of a field goal kicker on a couple occasions.

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Me thinks that there are three certain moms on here whose sons are going to have hay days Saturday afternoon against that Celina Defensive line:D

I definitely like the sound of that.

kepdawg
12-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Hey hey hey, you calm down up there:tisk: :p

I have said it before, and I guess some are forgetting, but I'm the LH poster that is predicting that the offense doesn't score that many points against the Celina Defense. All I'm trying to point out is that in my opinion the Defensive line is the weakest part of that defense and I wanted to see if you Celina people agreed? After all, Celina should know good line play when they see it, they've been winning with it for over a decade.

Your implication that there is a weak part to Celina is offensive! There is no weak part! Just great and greater and even greater and even greater greater, etc...! So perhaps the d line is the great part? :thinking:

75009Football
12-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Add probably 5 knees taken after a couple hundred of those yards. No need to score just to tack on more points my dad, the retired coach, always said. ;)

Is that all??? ;)

Daddy D 11
12-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Your implication that there is a weak part to Celina is offensive! There is no weak part! Just great and greater and even greater and even greater greater, etc...! So perhaps the d line is the great part? :thinking:

Good point;)

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Sounds like we finally woke up those little Bobkitties I knew they couldn’t resist the smack talk for too long.

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Sounds like we finally woke up those little Bobkitties I knew they couldn’t resist the smack talk for too long. No Smack talk from us RP. None at all. We are just listening to the masters.

Daddy D 11
12-09-2008, 02:30 PM
We are just listening to the masters.

Stop it:blush: :blush: :blush:

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 02:30 PM
No Smack talk from us RP. None at all. We are just listening to the masters.

Oh please, you are being way too modest we learned all of our smack goodness from you guys.

75009Football
12-09-2008, 02:31 PM
I can hear my old coach saying now. Tackle everything coming out of the backfield until you find the one with the ball. :D

AMEN to that. Circle the wagons and don't let nothin out till you can prove the only place left for the ball is ... well ... the last place they will let you look without a search warrant.

Come on
12-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Celina 479
LH 704
That doesn't count the recruits that play football, the 704 includes all students in LH

BLUE 200!

BobcatBenny
12-09-2008, 02:34 PM
And ... kepdawg jumps into what he thinks is a fray.

Kepper, there is no fray. Not much to talk about really. Liberty Hill looks on all accounts to be overwhelmingly dominant. What can be said today?

I have a sneakinng suspicion that there is a slight possibility that the Bobcat fans might have something to say come Sunday.

But ... if the Bobcats score less points. It won't really bother me nor will I have to eat crow. Because ... there was no way the Bobcats could match up in this game anyway. :p

75009Football
12-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Sorry, but I have to disagree. We remember all too well.

Hey Mom, when was the last time the Hill lost to a 3 loss team?

kepdawg
12-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Could someone from Celina explain the philosophy of pooch kicking almost every kickoff? I think the only times they don't pooch kick is when they onside kick. It seems to me with the talent and sound fundamental play Celina has they would kick deep. It seems odd to me they are willing to give up the yardage on kickoffs.

BobcatBenny
12-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by 75009Football
I don't want to be a downer, but it really is not fair calling out LHPM this week. She actually has flesh and blood on the line as well as the complication of being a mod.

I know others have flesh and blood in the fray too, but that being moderate thang and having been permanently scarred from birthin' da Beast is a huge burden to bear! :eek:

Come on
12-09-2008, 02:41 PM
I don't want to be a downer, but it really is not fair calling out LHPM this week. She actually has flesh and blood on the line as well as the complication of being a mod.

I know others have flesh and blood in the fray too, but that being moderate thang and having been permanently scarred from birthin' da Beast is a huge burden to bear! :eek:

Now thats Funny!:D

Bullaholic
Could someone from Celina explain the philosophy of pooch kicking almost every kickoff? I think the only times they don't pooch kick is when they onside kick. It seems to me with the talent and sound fundamental play Celina has they would kick deep. It seems odd to me they are willing to give up the yardage on kickoffs.

Can't answer for Celina, kep, but I will tell you that the Bulls pooched it against LH every time and usually gave them the ball between the 30-35yd line each time. Not a bad trade off if you have been burned by some good returns during the season and don't want to chance it in a playoff game. If you have the sure tacklers and are not kicking to a stud returner---then kick away.

gatordaze

And one that lost to a 2A school none the less?

We all feel privileged to witness once again the greatness of the purple. Our 8 state titles will only hold up a few more years at your pace. Only 30 more games to go till you eclipse our other record. Heck that is less than 2 more seasons. When you win your 5th title in a row we will pass you that crown.

You should petition your city council to rename the city to Title Town or something else worthy of your accomplishments.

kepdawg
12-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Can't answer for Celina, kep, but I will tell you that the Bulls pooched it against LH every time and usually gave them the ball between the 30-35yd line each time. Not a bad trade off if you have been burned by some good returns during the season and don't want to chance it in a playoff game. If you have the sure tacklers and are not kicking to a stud returner---then kick away.

I've expressed frustrations about this regarding most teams I have seen play. I just don't see how the kick returners have gotten so good that coverage teams can no longer cover.

BobcatBenny
12-09-2008, 02:45 PM
It is real simple.

1. You do not give the other team a chance to set up a big return.

2. You typically put the ball into someones hands that is not used to handling the foosball.

3. The Bobcats will typically get the ball back at least once a game (as they did against LH in 2006).

4. The returner seldom gets to build up a full set of steam before the defenders arrive.

5. Time to setup a return is minimal if any at all.

6. If the defender is foolish enough to not signal a fair catch, it is the coverage team that has the full set of steam arriving at the returner whose head is looking up.

7. It can go on and on ... but that should cover it.

gatordaze
12-09-2008, 02:46 PM

We typically recover at least one per game and trust the defense enough to hold the opponent from the 40. As I see it, if we respect your offense we give you a long field if not we try to take it away on the kick knowing that we are going to stop you anyway.

kepdawg
12-09-2008, 02:47 PM
It is real simple.

2. You typically put the ball into someones hands that is not used to handling the foosball.

3. The Bobcats will typically get the ball back at least once a game (as they did against LH in 2006).

4. The returner seldom gets to build up a full set of steam before the defenders arrive.

6. If the defender is foolish enough to not signal a fair catch, it is the coverage team that has the full set of steam arriving at the returner whose head is looking up.

So Celina, like almost every other team in the state, is scared of the return man.

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Because it makes for good decleaters plain and simple.

kepdawg
12-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Because it makes for good decleaters plain and simple.

Come on! They can decleat somebody on any play!

CHS_89
12-09-2008, 02:49 PM
It is real simple.

I may add the kickoff receiver on the pooch has to make a very quick decision with the kickoff team bearing down. Do I catch and run or do I fair catch? We have kicked this way for years. Just another element the other team has to prepare for which takes time out of their practice time.

For me, I would like to see some directional (long) kickoffs every once and a while.

Come on
12-09-2008, 02:49 PM
And one that lost to a 2A school none the less?

We all feel privileged to witness once again the greatness of the purple. Our 8 state titles will only hold up a few more years at your pace. Only 30 more games to go till you eclipse our other record. Heck that is less than 2 more seasons. When you win your 5th title in a row we will pass you that crown.

You should petitio n your city council to rename the city to Title Town or something else worthy of your accomplishments.
We might even start recruiting like Celina some day!

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Come on
We might even start recruiting like Celina some day! We have already been over this. We recruit the parents that were great athletes and then genetically match them with a spouse producing superior team athletes everytime. We are sorry your gene pool was not necessary.:p

firstcat
12-09-2008, 02:51 PM

:evillol: :evillol:

firstcat
12-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Oh please, you are being way too modest we learned all of our smack goodness from you guys.

After all, remember that we (LH) are supposed to be the love child of Snyder and Celina.....

kepdawg
12-09-2008, 02:54 PM
After all, remember that we (LH) are supposed to be the love child of Snyder and Celina.....

Celina must have been drunk when that happened!

BobcatBenny
12-09-2008, 02:54 PM
So Celina, like almost every other team in the state, is scared of the return man.
Well, you can call it being scared, but I will call it good game management. It is all in the perspective.

A good coach is not going to give any opponent any advantage. He is going to reduce or eliminate advantages.

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Celina must have been drunk when that happened! Had to have been. Poor hop!

Come on
We have already been over this. We recruit the parents that were great athletes and then genetically match them with a spouse producing superior team athletes everytime. We are sorry your gene pool was not necessary.:p

;)

kepdawg
Well, you can call it being scared, but I will call it good game management. It is all in the perspective.

A good coach is not going to give any opponent any advantage. He is going to reduce or eliminate advantages.

I know. I just liked it in the old days when schools would actually kick off and cover it. Now days most teams might as well just let the other team start on the 35 without bothering to kick.

CHS_89
12-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Kep, you going to the game?

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 03:01 PM
I know. I just liked it in the old days when schools would actually kick off and cover it. Now days most teams might as well just let the other team start on the 35 without bothering to kick. Some can't kick deep and use it offensively and defensively.

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Celina must have been drunk when that happened!

Every now and then something GREAT comes from a drunken stooper. :D

kepdawg
12-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
Kep, you going to the game?

I hope to be there.

75009Football
12-09-2008, 03:10 PM

All right. I'll give. It's not the defense you need to worry about at all. Its the offense. Weve put points totaling pert near in the 40's by half in ever playoff game this year. Lots of first team out across the board after that.

Bullaholic
12-09-2008, 03:23 PM
I hope to be there.

Close your eyes on the kickoffs, kep. :D

Come on
12-09-2008, 03:24 PM
All right. I'll give. It's not the defense you need to worry about at all. Its the offense. Weve put points totaling pert near in the 40's by half in ever playoff game this year. Lots of first team out across the board after that.

NOT this Week!

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 03:24 PM

Celina road through the play-offs:
Van (7-4) score 54-14
Kennedale (8-3) 54-21
Pleasant Grove (8-2) 52-21
Kaufman (8-3) 50-6
Have any of these teams been in the top 20 this year? I’m not being ugly here, I really don’t know. Because none of these teams come to mind when I think of power house teams.

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Close your eyes on the kickoffs, kep. :D

lol:D

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Van (7-4) score 54-14
Kennedale (8-3) 54-21
Kaufman (8-3) 50-6
Have any of these teams been in the top 20 this year? I’m not being ugly here, I really don’t know. Because none of these teams come to mind when I think of power house teams.

LHPM has any of these teams been in the top 20 this year?

Super_R
12-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Please run it up the middle or do that little flip out. It could be 6.

We will run it up the middle and we will do that lifflt flip out...and it will be 6. Then we'll kick the extra point and make it 7.

Come on
12-09-2008, 03:30 PM
We will run it up the middle and we will do that lifflt flip out...and it will be 6. Then we'll kick the extra point and make it 7.

Several times!!!

75009Football
12-09-2008, 03:32 PM
I know. I just liked it in the old days when schools would actually kick off and cover it. Now days most teams might as well just let the other team start on the 35 without bothering to kick.

KEP, in the major leagues, they make the pitcher make the four pitches to walk the batter. STUPID. Have you ever seen a team that had their batters walked have the pitcher throw a wild pitch or the catcher miss the ball say 8-10 times in a season. NO. We pooch kick it short, medium and long and we've come up with it 8-10 times this year. If our D was any worse I'd be right there with ya but for now were OK.

Bullaholic
12-09-2008, 03:33 PM
The Celina DE's and DB's will have to be good 1-on-1 tacklers in open space and able to avoid blocks because LH runs off tackle and around the end very well, not just up the middle, and blocks downfield very well. They hurt the Bulls with this play several times as they pinned the LB's inside and after the end and DB were blocked, the LH back had free sailing for a bunch.

OrangeChamps
12-09-2008, 03:33 PM
LHPM has any of these teams been in the top 20 this year?

By Van I think you mean Van Alstyne.

Pleasant Grove and Kennedale was in the top 12 until the last two weeks of the season.

75009Football
12-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Van (7-4) score 54-14
Kennedale (8-3) 54-21
Kaufman (8-3) 50-6

Now which one of you folks on this board went and said any of the above were in the top 20 this year????

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 03:36 PM
If y'all are that good, I hope it shows. I don't want to walk away from another state championship loss feeling like the best team lost!

mnlavey
12-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Van (7-4) score 54-14
Kennedale (8-3) 54-21
Kaufman (8-3) 50-6

Next year we will schedule a tougher playoff run.

Come on
12-09-2008, 03:39 PM
If y'all are that good, I hope it shows. I don't want to walk away from another state championship loss feeling like the best team lost!

If you felt that way last time then your NOT very Bright. I would say you might as well go ahead and prepare yourself for it again.

c bobcats run
12-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by mnlavey
Next year we will schedule a tougher playoff run.

:D

Super_R
12-09-2008, 03:40 PM

You wont have that feeling because the Panthers will send you home a week early. And if you got that feeling last time when you lost to the Panthers you might want to look for others reasons you felt so bad.

3 Lost fumbles, Celina recovering an onside kick and a dropped TD pass before the half gave you the feeling you hung with LH.

Come on
12-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by c bobcats run
:D

Thats about to change Saturday!!

kepdawg
12-09-2008, 03:44 PM
You wont have that feeling because the Panthers will send you home a week early. And if you got that feeling last time when you lost to the Panthers you might want to look for others reasons you felt so bad.

3 Lost fumbles, Celina recovering an onside kick and a dropped TD pass before the half gave you the feeling you hung with LH.

:blahblah:

Take care of the ball.

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 03:44 PM

My point had nothing to do with how tough the teams were you guys played in the play-off I was answering a post that said ya’ll have pulled off at half on every team you have played this year and that we need to worry about your offense. I’m just saying I think we will be the best team ya’ll have came up against and you won’t be scoring 50 points or pulling off at half.

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 03:46 PM
If you felt that way last time then your NOT very Bright. I would say you might as well go ahead and prepare yourself for it again. I like me a good smarty pants like you.

c bobcats run
12-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Thats about to change Saturday!!

No doubt. Like all my peeps have been saying. We dont have a chance. Prosper did it, 2 others as well. We are just lucky to be here. Follow their lead.

Cant wait! 9-3a represent!

d0tc0m
12-09-2008, 03:47 PM
HA we did hang with LH and if you say otherwise you're ignorant. Sure LH made mistakes, so did Celina, thats part of football. Man I take a leave of one day to go work on a paper and study and I come back and find a bloodbath on here! :devil: I s'pose the chivalry would only last so long. I've seen alot of talk about how Celina has three losses so they're just not gonna be up to the challenge this week, because obviously those losses are still held against us and still matter this late in the season. I seem to remember a team that won state back in 06 and they had a few losses but can't remember their name. My how the tables have turned since then, now LH is riding a high horse feeling invincible and talking lots of trash, but beware LH, it's a long fall from the top, and that crow, no matter how you cook it, is tough to swallow. So keep your coach Vance and your slot t, give me Coach Ford and the Bobcats by 4 in what will be a brutal game in which not many fans will leave with fingernails!

And in the immortal words of T.O. -- "Getchya popcorn ready!" :1popcorn:

gatordaze
12-09-2008, 03:48 PM
My point had nothing to do with how tough the teams were you guys played in the play-off I was answering a post that said ya’ll have pulled off at half on every team you have played this year and that we need to worry about your offense. I’m just saying I think we will be the best team ya’ll have came up against and you won’t be scoring 50 points or pulling off at half.

But if we do..

Will you all please shut the hell up! I know we have had our arrogant moments but you two guys are in a league of your own.

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 03:51 PM
But if we do..

Will you all please shut the hell up! I know we have had our arrogant moments but you two guys are in a league of your own. Let them run that head wide open and flap them gums. I like it!:D

c bobcats run
12-09-2008, 03:51 PM
But if we do..

Will you all please shut the hell up! I know we have had our arrogant moments but you two guys are in a league of your own.

Big mouth = lots a room for Crow

Bullaholic
12-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Cliche' to say, but this one will come down to which team is tougher mentally AND physically---they both try to intimidate their opponents so both are used to seeing it.

c bobcats run
12-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Big mouth = lots a room for Crow

RP will see. Dont worry.

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 03:53 PM
But if we do..

I am hardly ever this over the top but the reason I have talked so much smack this week is because you guys have been playing that whole humility thing is getting really old and it’s not very believable. I been on this board for about 3 years now and I know how much smack Celina can lay out there. I just don’t understand why you guys are being so coy now?

Ranger Mom
12-09-2008, 03:55 PM
I am hardly ever this over the top but the reason I have talked so much smack this week is because you guys have been playing that whole humility thing is getting really old and it’s not very believable. I been on this board for about 3 years now and I know how much smack Celina can lay out there. I just don’t understand why you guys are being so coy now?

Are you one of the 2 "guys" that are in a league of your own??:p :p

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Are you one of the 2 "guys" that are in a league of your own??:p :p

I guess that could be a good thing???:)

c bobcats run
12-09-2008, 03:57 PM

You made us believe. LH is the Bomb! We will probably all quit our jobs and move our families to LH after this game.

gatordaze
12-09-2008, 04:00 PM
You made us believe. LH is the Bomb! We will probably all quit our jobs and move our families to LH after this game.

I have a couple of big 8th graders that could maybe run scout team for you in a few years. Hows the job market down there?

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 04:00 PM
4A here we come!

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 04:03 PM

UGH I guess that’s the way you guys are going to play it. I guess I’d better get with the program. So here goes:

OMG we are having to play the mighty Celina Bobcats this week, whatever shall we do.

How was that?:confused:

BobcatBenny
12-09-2008, 04:03 PM
But if we do..

Ha ha ha ha.

I love you gator, but it's ok man. It's all good.

Everyone outside of Celina knows it is a tall order for the Bobcats to overcome the trickery of the Panthers. It's a system pure and simple.

A very well coached system. It is not smash mouth or anything. Nor is it superior athletes.

It is an offensive system that grinds down defenses.

Now in 2006 their D was good enough to put that tricky system on the field enough to beat the Bobcats. And so far this year, that D has been good enough to get other offenses off the field enough to keep them undefeated.

I personally think the Bobcats offense is clicking, probably the best offense the Panthers will face this season. If they can get the Bobcats offense on the sideline and grind down the Bobcat defense, then to bad so sad for us. :(

This time around coach Elliot will come up with a game plan to grind down the LH D. Which in turn will allow a fresh Bobcat D to keep the LH scoring down. :)

I can't wait to see how it plays out!

gatordaze
12-09-2008, 04:04 PM
UGH I guess that’s the way you guys are going to play it. I guess I’d better get with the program. So here goes:

OMG we are having to play the mighty Celina Bobcats this week, whatever shall we do.

Close its "once mighty" and you might use more lower case

d0tc0m
12-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Agree with you completely benny!

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Close its "once mighty" and you might use more lower case

ok i'll work on it. ;)

firstcat
12-09-2008, 04:07 PM
But if we do..

That's it...it is now OFFICIAL.
The once confident, Champion-Hearted, Bobcat faithful have now resorted to no more than wishy-washy, lilly-livered, pu..kitty babies.

This week on the DownLow isn't going to be nearly as fun as it was in 2006, because even when we weren't the favorite, we still brought the fandom smack-down...now that the tables have turned, you are all just hiding behind mama's skirt and saying "arrogance! oh my! we've never heard of such!".

Go eat your wheaties, pump some iron, attend an "I can" seminar, do something! The Celina Bobcats deserve better representation!

gatordaze
12-09-2008, 04:07 PM
ok i'll work on it. ;)

Playing it like sand in your bathing suit on the way home from the beach. How is it working so far....

LHexPlayer
12-09-2008, 04:08 PM

We should obviously tuck tail and run. We can't possibly play a game against the inventors of football. Oh or was it Brownwood that invented football? Anyways if Celina didn't invent it they at least perfected it.

pirate4state
12-09-2008, 04:10 PM
I am going to point out the obvious because after reading the past few pages I am laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes!

The Celina folks are acting like the LH folks did 2 years ago and the LH folks are now actling like the Celina folks from 2 years ago!

:spitlol: :spitlol: HILARIOUS! :spitlol: :spitlol:

This year some of the Celina fans have toned it down some because of the 3 losses, but now that they are in the semis against a contender the gloves are off! Finally, one of their threads is getting some chattter. LOL

While I know more of the LH posters I call 'em like I see 'em and some of you are flirting ever so close and some have just crossed on over to the dark side!

Not that there is anything wrong with that....support your teams. God love ya!

I will continue to sit back and laugh at all this back & forth stuff until I need to step in. :D

:2thumbsup

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 04:11 PM
The once confident, Champion-Hearted, Bobcat faithful have now resorted to no more than wishy-washy, lilly-livered, pu..kitty babies.

This week on the DownLow isn't going to be nearly as fun as it was in 2006, because even when we weren't the favorite, we still brought the fandom smack-down...now that the tables have turned, you are all just hiding behind mama's skirt and saying "arrogance! oh my! we've never heard of such!".

Go eat your wheaties, pump some iron, attend an "I can" seminar, do something! The Celina Bobcats deserve better representation!

It's just not working for you is it?:clap: :clap: :clap: :cool:

gatordaze
12-09-2008, 04:11 PM
I am going to point out the obvious because after reading the past few pages I am laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes!

The Celina folks are acting like the LH folks did 2 years ago and the LH folks are now actling like the Celina folks from 2 years ago!

:spitlol: :spitlol: HILARIOUS! :spitlol: :spitlol:

This year some of the Celina fans have toned it down some because of the 3 losses, but now that they are in the semis against a contender the gloves are off! Finally, one of their threads is getting some chattter. LOL

While I know more of the LH posters I call 'em like I see 'em and some of you are flirting ever so close and some have just crossed on over to the dark side!

Not that there is anything wrong with that....support your teams. God love ya!

I will continue to sit back and laugh at all this back & forth stuff until I need to step in. :D

:2thumbsup

I will settle for the inverse outcome!

firstcat
12-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Some of us have always acted like this:devil:

d0tc0m
12-09-2008, 04:12 PM

Woooohoooo Big Talk for a Big Man! What did ya'll do to upset ole firstcat so much? Read back through the posts, you won't find a serious one from a bobcat fan who said LH will win. You see when you're on the top so long you start believing that you'll be there FOREVER, then a team comes along and they humble you and remind you that you can be beaten. That hour is fast approaching for the LH panthers.

LHexPlayer
12-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
Woooohoooo Big Talk for a Big Man! What did ya'll do to upset ole firstcat so much? Read back through the posts, you won't find a serious one from a bobcat fan who said LH will win. You see when you're on the top so long you start believing that you'll be there FOREVER, then a team comes along and they humble you and remind you that you can be beaten. That hour is fast approaching for the LH panthers.

What makes you think we didn't realize earlier in the season that we can be beaten?

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
We should obviously tuck tail and run. We can't possibly play a game against the inventors of football. Oh or was it Brownwood that invented football? Anyways if Celina didn't invent it they at least perfected it.

Finally, something that makes sense!

Where's the poster with the two state rings in their handle? I think they look like Celina's from 1998 and 2000....or was it '74, '99,'01, '02, '05, or '07....sorry, I get 'em mixed up!

pirate4state
12-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Woooohoooo Big Talk for a Big Man! What did ya'll do to upset ole firstcat so much? Read back through the posts, you won't find a serious one from a bobcat fan who said LH will win. You see when you're on the top so long you start believing that you'll be there FOREVER, then a team comes along and they humble you and remind you that you can be beaten. That hour is fast approaching for the LH panthers. firstcat is a WOMAN!

oh boy here we go....i think i'm gonna need some boots :eek:

d0tc0m
12-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Just going off of some of the poster's attitude on here. And God knows I don't think its a bad thing to walk with a cocky hollywood swagger, you need it to be a champion, all I'm saying is, a few posters are upset that Celina isn't talking as much smack this go round. It's not that we don't have faith in the team at all, it's just that when one team knocks you from the top, you tend to have a little more respect for them, and thats why the Celina fans have been a little more quiet this time around. Anyways, Go Bobcats!

LHexPlayer
12-09-2008, 04:16 PM

Where's the poster with the two state rings in their handle? I think they look like Celina's from 1998 and 2000....or was it '74, '99,'01, '02, '05, or '07....sorry, I get 'em mixed up!

Now now. Were you even around for any of those or did you just jump into town after them? Are you one of those Celina bandwagoner fans I hear so much about. You know, the guy that moves to Celina (or maybe didn't ever live there) just to say he lives in a town that has all those rings.:thinking:

pirate4state
12-09-2008, 04:17 PM
I will settle for the inverse outcome! You will settle for another loss & like it!!!

oops...i lost my head for a minute :D

HAHA

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 04:17 PM

WHHOOOO firstcat went and did it now. The gloves and came off and the gantlet has been thrown but……….are the Celina faithful willing to pick it up, or will they keep their seats and continue to play the underdog poor me card.

This is getting exciting, not sure which way this is going to go.

d0tc0m
12-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Com'on now LHex, you know LH has some bandwagoners, you cant shake em once you reach a certain status!

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 04:19 PM
What makes you think we didn't realize earlier in the season that we can be beaten? I have seen no evidence of concern.

pirate4state
12-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Com'on now LHex, you know LH has some bandwagoners, you cant shake em once you reach a certain status! bandwagoners = yes, but we haven't moved into town.....YET

hehe

Come on
12-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Let them run that head wide open and flap them gums. I like it!:D

Sure you like it, You are about as good at it as I have ever heard

d0tc0m
12-09-2008, 04:22 PM
bandwagoners = yes, but we haven't moved into town.....YET

hehe

If Celina takes this one and we go on to claim our 9th title p4state, are you going to start looking into real estate here? Lots of job opportunities in the surrounding areas. :D

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Com'on now LHex, you know LH has some bandwagoners, you cant shake em once you reach a certain status!

What? You mean we have STATUS. I didn't think we had reached the point of having tradition or status.

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Sure you like it, You are about as good at it as I have ever heard You dang right! I am the master and my time will come.

d0tc0m
12-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Sure you've reached that point. Now I don't know if you can run in such high circles as those who have won 8 titles, but I'd say you guys have had a good run of success and have earned a bit of status and tradtion. ;)

Bullaholic
12-09-2008, 04:24 PM
What? You mean we have STATUS. I didn't think we had reached the point of having tradition or status.

Only when you have just your thumbs left for rings, RP. :D

c bobcats run
12-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Only when you have just your thumbs left for rings, RP. :D

:clap: Thanks for the punk out

firstcat

ummm, well....no, I won't go there....Actuall, nope, there either...

Does humble = neutered these days?

When the day comes for LH's first loss since the streak began, I will still think we are the best, for many reasons. I was a fan back in the losing days too!

Heart is the delta between knowing you CAN lose but believing you WON'T.

d0tc0m
Yeah that was pretty good Bull!

pirate4state
12-09-2008, 04:26 PM
If Celina takes this one and we go on to claim our 9th title p4state, are you going to start looking into real estate here? Lots of job opportunities in the surrounding areas. :D It is already in the works brother! :clap: Kep has already filled out the application for me! :nerd: :D

RPF2666
Now now. Were you even around for any of those or did you just jump into town after them? Are you one of those Celina bandwagoner fans I hear so much about. You know, the guy that moves to Celina (or maybe didn't ever live there) just to say he lives in a town that has all those rings.:thinking:

Been around long enough to know a class act when I see one, and Celina qualifies...

Bullaholic
Wish I could put up the audio of 2 cats fighting for this thread. Dang-- I hate to be sitting this one out. :D

Runnin Panther
Sure you've reached that point. Now I don't know if you can run in such high circles as those who have won 8 titles, but I'd say you guys have had a good run of success and have earned a bit of status and tradtion. ;)

OMG I going to blush! We have STATUS. Where is that little blushing symbol? I don't have it. It's all so new!

Come on
You dang right! I am the master and my time will come.

I have NO doubt it will, Just NOT this Season.

BLUE 200!

firstcat

Now you're gettin' it....:stirpot:

BobcatBenny
Where is BILLYFRED0000 when you need him? :eek: :devil: :nerd:

It is getting thick in here and BF0 needs to jump in his Bobcat! :D

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/BobcatBenny/bobcatS300.jpg

Come on
12-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Now you're gettin' it....:stirpot:

NO 06 and won't be an 08!!

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 04:29 PM
I have NO doubt it will, Just NOT this Season.

BLUE 200! Time will tell my friend!:D

d0tc0m
12-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Yeah that was pretty good Bull!

No humble doesn't mean neutered, who told you that? But if you think being humble consists of running your head and claiming this that and the other, you should definitely find a dictionary and look up the word. I didn't say it was bad to have a loud mouth faith in your team, and to be arrogant in the fact that you think they're the best, thats what we're supposed to do as fans!!! Heck I have that same faith and I'll go toe to toe with you in the smack talk and back it up just like you can i'm sure. But at the same time I have faith that my team is the best and will win, I also respect what LH has done and continues to do. So don't think Celina fans are rolling over to die, cause we'll be loud and proud come kickoff. Go Bobcats!

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 04:30 PM
ummm, well....no, I won't go there....Actuall, nope, there either...

Does humble = neutered these days?

When the day comes for LH's first loss since the streak began, I will still think we are the best, for many reasons. I was a fan back in the losing days too!

Heart is the delta between knowing you CAN lose but believing you WON'T.

Love the quote firstcat.

d0tc0m
12-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah I meant to quote firstcat on my last post, not myself.

firstcat
12-09-2008, 04:34 PM
No humble doesn't mean neutered, who told you that? But if you think being humble consists of running your head and claiming this that and the other, you should definitely find a dictionary and look up the word. I didn't say it was bad to have a loud mouth faith in your team, and to be arrogant in the fact that you think they're the best, thats what we're supposed to do as fans!!! Heck I have that same faith and I'll go toe to toe with you in the smack talk and back it up just like you can i'm sure. But at the same time I have faith that my team is the best and will win, I also respect what LH has done and continues to do. So don't think Celina fans are rolling over to die, cause we'll be loud and proud come kickoff. Go Bobcats!

Yessss.......AND WE HAVE A CHALLENGER!!!;)
It is going to be sooo sweet when my beloved panthers beat one of my favorite teams in the state...(crap, did I just say that out loud?);)

firstcat
12-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Love the quote firstcat.

Thanks...just came up with that one...maybe we should make shirts?;)

firstcat
12-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Yeah I meant to quote firstcat on my last post, not myself. :kiss:

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Thanks...just came up with that one...maybe we should make shirts?;) I think it's gonna move me. Hold on I'll be right back.:D

firstcat
12-09-2008, 04:36 PM
I think it's gonna move me. Hold on I'll be right back.:D

:spitlol:

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Now then. That's better. ;)

BobcatBenny
12-09-2008, 04:43 PM
An oldie but a goodie.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/BobcatBenny/Cartman.gif

Come to think of it, I should give that one to Orange Machine since he is a coppa.

Come on
12-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Any chance Celina will change that sick Orange to at least a Burnt Orange?

firstcat
12-09-2008, 04:45 PM

and go from bad to worse?

Come on
12-09-2008, 04:47 PM
and go from bad to worse?

What they got is Better than what you would prefer:D

OrangeChamps
12-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Now we're talking. Sorry I've been out of it for a little while. It's about time you sissies stopped acting like you liked the other team and started getting down to business.

Which team is better? I don't know, but I know this. The Bobcats will be the best team LH has played. Will LH be the best team Celina has played? I don't know, Prosper IS playing for a state title.

LH is good, Celina is good. Either team can win but only one will. LH was the better team last time we played b/c they scored more points than we did. Maybe LH is the better team again, maybe not. I have watched the Bobcats this year and I have watched LH game films. I don't know who is better. Saturday will decide.

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 04:49 PM
Be some Burnt Purple about 7 PM on Saturday, I believe

Come on
12-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps
Now we're talking. Sorry I've been out of it for a little while. It's about time you sissies stopped acting like you liked the other team and started getting down to business.

Which team is better? I don't know, but I know this. The Bobcats will be the best team LH has played. Will LH be the best team Celina has played? I don't know, Prosper IS playing for a state title.

LH is good, Celina is good. Either team can win but only one will. LH was the better team last time we played b/c they scored more points than we did. Maybe LH is the better team again, maybe not. I have watched the Bobcats this year and I have watched LH game films. I don't know who is better. Saturday will decide.

I can go ahead and answer that for you now hand, LH is the best team and will move on and Celina will go home.

BLUE 200!

firstcat
12-09-2008, 04:57 PM

the voice of rationality...not as much fun, but ok, I respect it.

Disclaimer: please don't think that I don't respect Celina...I think that is why I am so excited about this game...now back to our regularly scheduled program.....WE ARE BETTER THAN YOU!:tongue:

d0tc0m
12-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Gotta go to class and work on a paper and study some more, but everyone keep up the good work, I like what I'm seeing here now! :clap:

ctown
12-09-2008, 05:01 PM

Love that purple...just the right shade of a bulging hemorrhoid. :eek:

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Any chance Celina will change that sick Orange to at least a Burnt Orange? I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. :ack!:

Come on
12-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Love that purple...just the right shade of a bulging hemorrhoid. :eek:

Don't have any idea about all of that but sounds like your real informed on that area. Panthers Roll in this one!!!!

BLUE 200!:doh:

bobcat1
12-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Don't have any idea about all of that but sounds like your real informed on that area. Panthers Role in this one!!!!

BLUE 200!:doh: Role? The have a role to play alright. :rolleyes:

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 05:09 PM

That more like it Orange time for the sissies to get out of the way.

I’m going to say this once and once only, because I’m committed to the smack talk.
Celina and Cuero are two of my favorite teams outside of my beloved Panthers. Also like the smash mouth football Wylie and Sweetwater play. It is a privilege as a fan and parent to watch two fine football clubs go at each other. And for the boys on the field, well, that the stuff the song Glory Days is referring too. Am I showing my age with that reference?

Now back to the smack talk.

Bullaholic
12-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Haven't been keeping up with Celina lately other than final playoff scores. How have they been running up the big scores in the playoffs---long runs, long passes or just driving?

LHexPlayer
12-09-2008, 05:12 PM
That more like it Orange time for the sissies to get out of the way.

I’m going to say this once and once only, because I’m committed to the smack talk.
Celina and Cuero are two of my favorite teams outside of my beloved Panthers. Also like the smash mouth football Wylie and Sweetwater play. It is a privilege as a fan and parent to watch two fine football clubs go at each other.

Couldn't agree more. It's been fun lately watching the Panthers go against some of the best this state has to offer.

LHexPlayer
12-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Haven't been keeping up with Celina lately other than final playoff scores. How have they been running up the big scores in the playoffs---long runs, long passes or just driving?

All of the above. Oh and going for two when up by 48. Oh yes I just did.;)

ctown
12-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Don't have any idea about all of that but sounds like your real informed on that area. Panthers Role in this one!!!!

BLUE 200!:doh:

Hope you didn't "strain" yourself too much on that come back. Were you asking what the Panthers Role in this will be or were you trying to say they would Roll...?

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 05:16 PM

YES

gatordaze
12-09-2008, 05:17 PM

JV scored, they did not have a kicker dressed, varsity was in warmup jackets and could not get on the field in time, went for two. No big wup

next

LHexPlayer
12-09-2008, 05:20 PM
JV scored, they did not have a kicker dressed, varsity was in warmup jackets and could not get on the field in time, went for two. No big wup

next

Yeah I could see how you guys wouldn't want to waste one of your precious timeouts. Just in case Kaufman mounted the amazing come back. :D

OrangeChamps
the voice of rationality...not as much fun, but ok, I respect it.

Disclaimer: please don't think that I don't respect Celina...I think that is why I am so excited about this game...now back to our regularly scheduled program.....WE ARE BETTER THAN YOU!:tongue:

I honestly do not think any of you don't respect Celina. The same way I do not believe anyone in Celina doesn't respect LH. Anyone who has ever watched or played high school football has to respect them for what both teams have accomplished. Or plain and simple they are just idiots.

Having played for the Bobcats and having bled to earn those rings (btw the LH rings do look very similar to Celina's '99 & '00 rings), I always believe Celina is the best in the state. Are they? Of course not.

Ahhhh screw it...Celina will win!!!

ctown

Chill kitty, the first team had been out of the game, finished for the night, They were not expecting the score, so when the extra point time came, they just left the reserves on offense to take a low probability 2 point shot. But then again, 50 just looks so good.

Super_R
12-09-2008, 05:21 PM

They have had the easiest road up till now.

I heard Kennedale had something like 6 fumbles and 3 int's. It's easy to score in the 50's when you have the ball atleast 9 times...and the field position had to be a shade on the good side for Celina.

wimbo_pro
He has several that are trying to get him, but I don't think he has decided...he may go to Texas State, but will he play baseball or football? His choice.
To the Celina faithful...take heed in what LH fans are saying regarding Lattimore...beware, beware.

Come on
Hope you didn't "strain" yourself too much on that come back. Were you asking what the Panthers Role in this will be or were you trying to say they would Roll...?

Hey professor I made a mistake, but I think you got the point! LH will kick Celinas A** !

gatordaze
12-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Yeah I could see how you guys wouldn't want to waste one of your precious timeouts. Just in case Kaufman mounted the amazing come back. :D

We really just wanted to have a big score one more time this season. I hope we get to kick off more than once Saturday night. Have you guys punted this year? You guys rock

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 05:23 PM

I heard Kennedale had something like 6 fumbles and 3 int's. It's easy to score in the 50's when you have the ball atleast 9 times...and the field position had to be a shade on the good side for Celina.

We play who earns the honor....NEXT!

LHexPlayer
12-09-2008, 05:24 PM
We really just wanted to have a big score one more time this season. I hope we get to kick off more than once Saturday night. You guys rock

Now you are coming around. By the end of the week we will have you in purple.:D Hey at least I didn't bring up the onsides kicks when up by 20 something;)

Come on
We really just wanted to have a big score one more time this season. I hope we get to kick off more than once Saturday night. Have you guys punted this year? You guys rock

4 or 5 times:D

gatordaze
Now you are coming around. By the end of the week we will have you in purple.:D Hey at least I didn't bring up the onsides kicks when up by 20 something;)

Only if I hold my breath

LH_Tuff
12-09-2008, 05:27 PM

Weak opponents. Region 2 is poor. :p

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Only if I hold my breath

Do you need any help with that?:rolleyes:

LH_Tuff
12-09-2008, 05:29 PM

next

Take a knee. ;)

Runnin Panther
12-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
Take a knee. ;)

You are full of wit today LH Tuff. Well done:clap:

RPF2666
Weak opponents. Region 2 is poor. :p

Is that why we have one team in the semi-finals and one playing for state this week? Who did Prosper beat last week,anyway????

gatordaze
Take a knee. ;)

We tried that but the kaufman coach kept callin a time out

DDBooger
Any of you Liberty fans wear this? lol
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m14/lomfran/sex_panthercopy.jpg

ctown
12-09-2008, 05:31 PM

What comes first the bad team or the destruction of the good team by the better? Kennedale was down 48-0 end of first half. They were giving up the ball cause they were getting blown up by our defense. We only put up 600+ yds of O that night. But how we give Celina any credit for being THAT good. No, it must be inferior opponents....Let's just go back to saying how much Celina sucks.

DDBooger
We tried that but the kaufman coach kept callin a time out would they have scored if they took over? lol I probably would have ran it up too though :D

RPF2666
Take a knee. ;)

Took a knee with over a minute left...other coach called timeout. Apparently he still wanted more from our JV...

LH_Tuff
12-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Is that why we have one team in the semi-finals and one playing for state this week? Who did Prosper beat last week,anyway????

Division 1 is weak.

ctown
12-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Hey professor I made a mistake, but I think you got the point! LH will kick Celinas A** !

What were you going to lick????

LH_Tuff
12-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Took a knee with over a minute left...other coach called timeout. Apparently he still wanted more from our JV...

I believe LH went into Victory formation with about 1:30 left last week.

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Division 1 is weak.

That explains how you won it last year, maybe!

LH_Tuff
12-09-2008, 05:34 PM

The good ones seem to follow us.

DDBooger
What comes first the bad team or the destruction of the good team by the better? Kennedale was down 48-0 end of first half. They were giving up the ball cause they were getting blown up by our defense. We only put up 600+ yds of O that night. But how we give Celina any credit for being THAT good. No, it must be inferior opponents....Let's just go back to saying how much Celina sucks. were those teams any good? I'll give this to Liberty Hill their regular season was pretty damn tough, and the playoffs had some names on it. Not that Celina can help the playoff scenario and I'm sure they are a great team, but a lot of teams in other brackets would have run that gauntlet of mediocrity had they played it. That being said, you guys beat em as yall should have! wish i could go to the game.

Runnin Panther

Celina could not have stayed on the field with last years team.

DDBooger
12-09-2008, 05:35 PM
That explains how you won it last year, maybe! haha, like P4S said, both group of fans are providing hilarious stuff!

RPF2666
12-09-2008, 05:37 PM
State Champs baby....your guy said DI was weak, not me...

gatordaze
12-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Are any of your underclassman leaving early?

LH_Tuff
12-09-2008, 05:39 PM
State Champs baby....your guy said DI was weak, not me...

Said D1 was weak this year. Also said the good teams have followed us. Read the posts above.

Come on
12-09-2008, 05:41 PM
What were you going to lick????
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

LH_Tuff
12-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Are any of your underclassman leaving early?

Only the redshirt Juniors.

LH_Tuff
12-09-2008, 05:45 PM
I have a serious question for Celina - Does Craig James' son still play? Or has he graduated?