PDA

View Full Version : Best Sportsmanship

rholl
12-25-2002, 11:34 PM
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram had a neat little piece in sports section today. It listed their picks for Top 25 Sportsman of the Year 1st was Lance Armstrong 4th was G.A. Moore and 8th was the Everman Bulldogs football team. Just goes to show that winning with class is still possible and I say thanks to the Bulldogs for being such a class act. The Bulldogs were the top "team" listed. Fine young men led by a tremendous coaching staff. Good work Bulldogs!!!!!!!!
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/4812209.htm

turbostud
12-26-2002, 01:26 PM
The new sports illustrated has a good article on Lance Armstrong.

bd0707
12-26-2002, 11:14 PM
No kidding, this afternoon we were driving to San Antonio and we use a little back road that cuts off from hwy. 71 just east of Llano and goes to Round Mountain where we catch hwy. 281, anyway we came up quickly behind a black Suburban and my wife says there is a bike rider in front of it, so I slow and wait for an opportunity to pass. As we come around the Suburban the bike rider is wearing the U.S. Mail uniform, we look at the rider, he looks at us, you guessed it, it was Lance Armstrong. Well we thought it was pretty cool! My wife called just about everyone she knew on the cell phone.LOL

greendog fan
12-27-2002, 06:05 PM
bd0707:
No kidding, this afternoon we were driving to San Antonio and we use a little back road that cuts off from hwy. 71 just east of Llano and goes to Round Mountain where we catch hwy. 281, anyway we came up quickly behind a black Suburban and my wife says there is a bike rider in front of it, so I slow and wait for an opportunity to pass. As we come around the Suburban the bike rider is wearing the U.S. Mail uniform, we look at the rider, he looks at us, you guessed it, it was Lance Armstrong. Well we thought it was pretty cool! My wife called just about everyone she knew on the cell phone.LOLGuess what, I was traveling towards Horseshoe Bay this morining and at Marty McFlys, I saw Elvis Presly in the parking lot. I called KHLB and everyone else i knew on my cell phone.

BigBrother70
12-27-2002, 09:26 PM
[/qb][/QUOTE]Guess what, I was traveling towards Horseshoe Bay this morining and at Marty McFlys, I saw Elvis Presly in the parking lot. I called KHLB and everyone else i knew on my cell phone.[/QB][/QUOTE]

The U S MAIL Team is training in the Austin ares this winter, we saw the team around the Manor area last week