PDA

View Full Version : Which side is visitors at Shotwell?

Da Mules
12-05-2008, 10:57 PM
da Mules vs Pilot Point tomorrow at 4:00 PM at Abilene Shotwell... we are the visitors. Which side (east or west) is visitors? Any parking suggestions?

lakers
12-05-2008, 11:00 PM
East side, as far as parking it has easy access in and out. I usually just park at the coliseum and walk across the road to the stadium since it is closer to the visitors side. There is plenty of parking at the stadium so you dont have to worry about it that much.

Da Mules
12-05-2008, 11:01 PM
thank you Lakers.

Since this is a football forum, how bad do you think da Mules will beat the Bearcats:)

wildstangs
East side is visitors. Parking isn't a problem anymore at Shotwell. Nice large paved lot.

They used to have a huge parking problem when it rained. Spent a lot of time washing my truck after attending Abilene ISD and ACU games.

d0tc0m
Yeah there's plenty there. Celina played Snyder there last year, it's a fun stadium. It was maybe the coldest game I've ever been too though. Good Luck to our old rivals PP!

blowfish
12-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Visitor side is on the Eastside. The NorthParking lot is probably your best bet. They usually dont open up the gates at the Expo Center unless there is a huge crowd expected. Doubt they will open it up this week. There is plenty of parking both in the North and SOuth lots.

You will enjoy yourself. Lots of new upgrades at the stadium.

If you want food. There is Texas Land and Cattle just down the street at Judge Ely and Hwy 36. Go north on Judge Ely and you will find Whataburger, Sonic, McDonalds, Taco Bueno, Subway, etc.

IF you forget some warm clothes there is a Wal mart on Hwy 351 and I-20.

Enjoy the game and be sure to spend your money while you are in Abilene!

lakers
12-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Da Mules
thank you Lakers.

Since this is a football forum, how bad do you think da Mules will beat the Bearcats:)

After seeing you guys play last weekend (i am from Clyde) you guys should roll them by 20+ points...

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Da Mules
thank you Lakers.

Good luck to your guys! :)

injuredinmelee
12-06-2008, 01:36 AM
be prepared for long lines as they will only have one ticket booth opened and some old lady in her $90's that takes 13 minutes to count out 4 dollars change to you. And then there will be one concessions stand open on either side of the stadium for you to be gouged at.

bobcat1
12-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Last year When we played there the visitor's side was the losers. That's all I know. Might ask DaHop.:p

Ranger Mom
12-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
be prepared for long lines as they will only have one ticket booth opened and some old lady in her $90's that takes 13 minutes to count out 4 dollars change to you. And then there will be one concessions stand open on either side of the stadium for you to be gouged at.

And you better have your ticket stub, birth certificate, social security card and hand over your first born if you need to leave the stadium!!

Trashman
12-06-2008, 10:57 AM
As a rule of thumb; at most outdoor stadiums the turf runs north and south and the home side is nearly always on the west side of the field. The reason for this is that it keeps the home folks from looking into the sun and blocks a little of the cold wind that blows out of the north west.:D

Da Mules
12-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Last year When we played there the visitor's side was the losers. That's all I know. Might ask DaHop.:p

well we fixed that curse for him. If I remember right, we were visitors in 2000 when we put the whup on Ferris at Shotwell.