PDA

View Full Version : MAC Championship Game: Ball State vs. Buffalo

ILS1
12-05-2008, 10:21 PM
What a controversial call on a TD that would've put Ball State up by 2 scores. Ball State leading 17-14. Ball State RB sweeps left and appears to score but the official says he stepped out at the 1 foot line. After the review CLEARLY shows he scored but they decided to stay with the call on the field. 2 plays later on 3rd down, Ball State QB scrambles and is hit at the 1 yard line and fumbles backwards. Buffalo picks it up and returns it 92 yards for a TD!!! Big turnaround!!! We will see if this cost them the game!!! Buffalo leads 21-17.

:D :D :D

ILS1
12-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
What a controversial call on a TD that would've put Ball State up by 2 scores. Ball State leading 17-14. Ball State RB sweeps left and appears to score but the official says he stepped out at the 1 foot line. After the review CLEARLY shows he scored but they decided to stay with the call on the field. 2 plays later on 3rd down, Ball State QB scrambles and is hit at the 1 yard line and fumbles backwards. Buffalo picks it up and returns it 92 yards for a TD!!! Big turnaround!!! We will see if this cost them the game!!! Buffalo leads 21-17.

:D :D :D

WOW!!! Another fumble by Ball State and it is returned 74 yards by Buffalo for a TD!!! 28-17 Buffalo 3rd Qtr :11 seconds left.

:D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

VAMike
12-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Very strange call. It appears the F saw the left foot out of bounds at the 1 (it was close) But that is something the L should have helped him with as the F had primary responsibility for the goal line not the sideline. There have been times in the past where strange things like this have later been found to be the result of equipment breakdowns in the instant replay system, i.,e. they lost the video for some reason. Maybe that is what happened. I suspect we will know eventually what happened.

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Wow... guess I don't have to hear Jason Witlock interview everyone in the Ball St. program from the head coach down to the 12 year old towel-boys 7th grade girlfriend anymore when he guest-hosts Rome...

Thank you lord...

gobbler grad
12-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Ball St. fails to have perfect season...once again,toooooo many turnovers...:(