PDA

View Full Version : Stump Godfrey's Thumb Injury

Panther One
12-05-2008, 07:01 PM
The other night in chat, a couple of you tried to tell me that it was Godfrey's right thumb on his throwing hand that was injured in the title game last year. You claimed the thumb to be a reason for Gilmer's offensive struggles because it affected the passing game. I could have sworn that it was his left thumb and I've now confirmed that. I don't mean to bring up old news. I just wanted to confirm that I'm not losing my memory just yet.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l112/aggie_sm2005/MICK2265.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l112/aggie_sm2005/MICK1715.jpg

Necks_Fan
12-05-2008, 07:05 PM
For some reason I thought Stump was a southpaw.

Maybe I just can't remember anything. Lol.

PurpleFreddy
12-05-2008, 07:05 PM
He actually injured it in the semifinal win over Abilene Wylie. Traylor was pretty good at keeping the injury quite and we (TSN radio) didn't find out about it until pre-game warm-ups and the interview with coach Traylor. It was very evident, as Godfrey mishandled several snaps and could not run the ball well.
That being said, LH very well could have still won the game, but it would have been much closer.

Panther One
12-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
He actually injured it in the semifinal win over Abilene Wylie. Traylor was pretty good at keeping the injury quite and we (TSN radio) didn't find out about it until pre-game warm-ups and the interview with coach Traylor. It was very evident, as Godfrey mishandled several snaps and could not run the ball well.
That being said, LH very well could have still won the game, but it would have been much closer.
Right...Johnson and Jackson must have had hurt thumbs, too, because they couldn't run the ball, either.

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Couldn't run the ball?:thinking:

Buckeye80
12-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Well of course he's not going to tape up the thumb that's actually hurt! That would be like drawing a big "bullseye" on it! They taped the other thumb to throw everyone off!:D

You were right. I was wrong. Happy? :D

You, sir, have WAYYYYY too much time on your hands!

Panther One
12-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Well of course he's not going to tape up the thumb that's actually hurt! That would be like drawing a big "bullseye" on it! They taped the other thumb to throw everyone off!:D

Yes I am. :D

Buckeye80
12-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Couldn't run the ball?:thinking:

Didn't run much against WOS either. And Gilmer's been running the same old spread offense for 8 years now. Airing it out is not now, nor was it then a problem for the Buckeyes.

And here we are again discussing the past. Who's the big winner? Liberty Hill is! Who's the big loser? Gilmer (If you ain't first, you're last Buckeyes!)

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 08:41 PM
TAKE THEIR FREAKIN' HEARTS

Keystonepride
12-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Let's be fair here...obviously a hurt thumb is not going to have any effect on his throwing motion but as far as starting and running the offense goes, that thumb slowed Stump down all game long. Imagine if Braden Fickle wasn't able to take a snap cleanly....it would mess up more than the passing game.

Any Gilimer Buckeye fan knows that Stump wasn't 100% that night...the real thing that's tough to swallow for them is that they wouldn't have beat that Liberty Hill team if he was at 100%

This year could prove to be a different story though...

I am pulling for a rematch so we can find out!!!!!

Buckeye80
12-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Gilmer is the best 3A team in the state! Anyone who disagrees is stupid!

Love,

Dirty Dan:D

Aesculus gilmus
12-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Does that make us the 3A sheriffs as well? (inside joke)

Buckeye80
12-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Does that make us the 3A sheriffs as well? (inside joke)

He did imply that our current term as "sheriff" was nearing an end didn't he?:D

Aesculus gilmus
12-05-2008, 09:21 PM
As the current sheriffs, though, we have plenary power and authority to arrest them Dawgs for violating the leash laws.

Some of them look like they haven't had their shots either. :D

coach
12-05-2008, 10:26 PM

id rather have too much time on my hands than to find excuses why we lost:)

N4SIR
12-05-2008, 10:43 PM
No excuses -- Gilmer lost and LH won. End of story. Now let's hopefully have a rematch in 2 weeks and see what happens. Bring it on.

dirtydan
12-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Gilmer is the best 3A team in the state! Anyone who disagrees is stupid!

Love,

Dirty Dan:D

the juggernaut keeps on rolling.