PDA

View Full Version : ChinaSpring BBall

CSG'S FO LIFE
12-05-2008, 02:23 PM
As everyone knows we started basketball this week, due to our recent loss to Abilene Wylie, and once again congrats to them. But our basketball team is looking pretty good for the first time in about 4 years. We could even be a playoff calibur team, with 3 solid low players with Daric Gorton, Trevor Lamb, and Brad Cranfill who will probably be making more rebounds then points. Theres about 5 solid wing players, With Chad Richardson, who i think will be the team leader, and Jerome Lloyd, Cody Schrek, Buddy Chapman, and Phillip Pullig. We wont win district probably because of Gatesville but i am looking forward to a playoff run.

mwynn05
12-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by CSG'S FO LIFE
As everyone knows we started basketball this week, due to our recent loss to Abilene Wylie, and once again congrats to them. But our basketball team is looking pretty good for the first time in about 4 years. We could even be a playoff calibur team, with 3 solid low players with Daric Gorton, Trevor Lamb, and Brad Cranfill who will probably be making more rebounds then points. Theres about 5 solid wing players, With Chad Richardson, who i think will be the team leader, and Jerome Lloyd, Cody Schrek, Buddy Chapman, and Phillip Pullig. We wont win district probably because of Gatesville but i am looking forward to a playoff run. 4 years ago...thats when we played yall in the playoffs

LLM_1331
12-05-2008, 05:10 PM
I wouldn't just worry about Gatesville, Glen Rose will be the team to beat in this district.

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 06:06 PM
:thinking:

How on earth do you guys dribble those things?

cshscougar08
12-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Don't forget my brother!

eagles_victory
12-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by LLM_1331
I wouldn't just worry about Gatesville, Glen Rose will be the team to beat in this district. I dont know what both teams lost but Gatesville was better than Glen Rose was last year.

It would be good to see China win a few games this year have yall been good at all since Jon Bryant graduated?

cshscougar08
12-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I dont know what both teams lost but Gatesville was better than Glen Rose was last year.

It would be good to see China win a few games this year have yall been good at all since Jon Bryant graduated?

I think Gatesville is better too. I know they lost a couple seniors, but only two starters I think.

Yeah Coach Gregory is a familiar face. He's been a coach in CS for at least 6 years. The players are really excited about playing for him. And like that first guy said, there is potential for playoffs this year. No we haven't been good since then. We weren't good his senior year either. Four years ago was the last time we made playoffs.

eagles_victory
12-05-2008, 06:35 PM
We beat yall out of the playoffs his Jr year and his Sr year we blasted yall by about 30 in the Whitney tournament but that kid could shoot the ball

cshscougar08
12-05-2008, 06:39 PM
We beat yall out of the playoffs his Jr year and his Sr year we blasted yall by about 30 in the Whitney tournament but that kid could shoot the ball

Yeah he's the best player that's been through CS in quite some time. Basketball has never been our thing. Not ever. So I'm excited to see what Coach G does with things. He's definitely very excited about being the coach and the guys love him.

eagles_victory
12-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Yeah he's the best player that's been through CS in quite some time. Basketball has never been our thing. Not ever. So I'm excited to see what Coach G does with things. He's definitely very excited about being the coach and the guys love him. Except for Girls basketball didnt yall win state 2 or 3 years ago.

cshscougar08
12-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Except for Girls basketball didnt yall win state 2 or 3 years ago.

Well the big thing there is that we've had stability on the girls side. Coach Durham has been there for quite some time. Plus we've had some pretty solid players that really jelled as a team. Yeah it was my sophomore year, 2006. The guys have just had such instability in the coaching position plus not any talent. This is our 6th coach in 6 years.

2003-2004- Randy Leasley: died in a house fire
2004-2005- Clay Cody: Traitor went to La Vega; didn't get along with Bell
2005-2006- Mark McMillan: fired; think he got arrested for sexual assault later
2006-2007- Brad Thompson: had to leave to be with dad in declining health
2007-2008- Jeremy Jenkins: just not a good coach; didn't connect with kids
2008-2009- Josh Gregory: ?????

mwynn05
12-05-2008, 07:06 PM
We beat yall out of the playoffs his Jr year and his Sr year we blasted yall by about 30 in the Whitney tournament but that kid could shoot the ball also played them like the second game of the year his jr year we won by about 8 but come playoffs when we had a little experience it was about 20...i remember CS had hardly any crowd at all that night

cshscougar08
12-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
i remember CS had hardly any crowd at all that night

Cause the girls were playing Lorena 10 minutes away from CS at MCC. That was a great game. Too bad we lost.

Rabid Cougar
12-05-2008, 07:36 PM
"shaking my head very slowly in disbelief"

I cannot believe there are CS people on here talking about basketball. I am still in mourning. At least wait until after New Years.

cshscougar08
12-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
I cannot believe there are CS people on here talking about basketball. I am still in mourning. At least wait until after New Years.

Well I don't know who started it, but I'm graduated, so I'm not mourning. Disappointed obviously, but not devastated like last year. No bawling from me. ;)
Plus since Evan is on varsity and will play a solid amount, I have a vested interest in basketball.

Rocket Dad
12-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Coach G is a great coach. Saw China lose to Robinson by 1 point the other night, both teams looked rusty and have a ways to go.

CSG'S FO LIFE
12-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Rabid cougar, i to have mourned the loss of our beloved cougars, but i mean it happened, and we have to move on....at some point or another, i think i speak for everyone in the community when i say that we are proud of our kids, and there is nothing that anyone can do now to have them playing tomoro against prosper.