It's a two horse race...

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2008/12/is_auburn_looking_at_texas_tec.html

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2008, 02:34 PM
I honestly dont know why a school would want Petrino

BobcatBenny
12-05-2008, 03:10 PM
I thought Tubber resigned.

And the date on this story is two days old. It seems to me that may be old news. :thinking:

Agmaniacmike
12-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Petrino's contract doesn't allow him to go to another in the SEC West.

This link is to a blog, so it isn't 100% accurate, but Leach to Auburn looks to be in the works.
http://whatsthefuss.freedomblogging.com/2008/12/04/mike-leach-to-auburn/508/

westcoast54
12-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Why would you want Petrino? I can understand not wanting to be in the NFL and wanting out but, at least finish the season. What he did last year was classless.

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by westcoast54
What he did last year was classless.

though I believe it lacked a lot of class, you really can't blame the guy...

what does everyone always tell you? "make a living doing something you love"... the guy didn't love what he was doing in the NFL... plus in college jobs close up quick... they want you signed on that dotted line so you can get settled in and they also have to please their fan base.. you gotta go an get it...

coulda done it a better way though...

westcoast54
12-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
though I believe it lacked a lot of class, you really can't blame the guy...

what does everyone always tell you? "make a living doing something you love"... the guy didn't love what he was doing in the NFL... plus in college jobs close up quick... they want you signed on that dotted line so you can get settled in and they also have to please their fan base.. you gotta go an get it...

coulda done it a better way though...

I see your point and respect it. However, I had a HUGE problem when he stood up there and did that Hog Yell or whatever they call it.