PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood head coach Steve Freeman resigns

Looking4number8
12-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Thats all I know for now. He told the kids at 5th period today and I am sure it will be lead story in tomorrows paper.

Sweetwater Red
12-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Woah!:eek:

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Dang that is big news. I wish him and his family well.

GreenMonster
12-05-2008, 01:36 PM
After the loss of both of his coordinators it should have been easy to see that the writing was on the wall that he was looking to leave.

Electus Unus
12-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
After the loss of both of his coordinators it should have been easy to see that the writing was on the wall that he was looking to leave. I don't know if he wanted to leave but the rumblings say he was pressured out.

LionKing
12-05-2008, 01:47 PM
As a longtime Steve Freeman supporter, I hated this happening, but also knew it was probably gonna happen, too many big wigs wanted him to leave, best wishes to Coach Freeman in what endeavors he goes into.

Looking4number8
12-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
As a longtime Steve Freeman supporter, I hated this happening, but also knew it was probably gonna happen, too many big wigs wanted him to leave, best wishes to Coach Freeman in what endeavors he goes into.

:ditto:I agree with Lion King and also want to say thanks to Coach Freeman for all of the things he has done for the Brownwood athletic program.. You will be missed!

BEAST
12-05-2008, 01:51 PM
How strong are your sources?

BEAST

Pick6
12-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Woah!:eek:

Come on now. If a coach isn't good enough to beat Snyder he should retire. :stirpot: :D

Sweetwater Red
12-05-2008, 01:54 PM
So does this mean the remaining coaches start looking for new jobs or wait to
see if the new HC wants to retain them?

We have two coaches that have
been here since Stapler in 1984. Mayes
still coaches and Barnes...who
just recently retired a few years ago. But
they both stuck it out through three
different HCs.

WestTxschwab
12-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Sources ay he will become the new O.C. at Tech...

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by BEAST

BEAST

Is this not the truth? I hope not. I'm not sure they can find a better guy than Coach Freeman.

DDBooger
12-05-2008, 01:57 PM

BEAST if they bench less than 300 lbs, don't believe it.:rolleyes:

:p

LionKing
12-05-2008, 01:58 PM

BEAST My son called me from 5th period athletics class, and said Coach Freeman told them he was retiring.

Looking4number8
12-05-2008, 01:59 PM

different HCs.

First I want to say again.. HAVE ZERO INSIDE KNOWLEDGE, WHAT I POST HERE IS PURLEY MY OPINION

With that said, I have no idea. I would believe that the timing of this would be so Brownwood has the ability to start looking for a coach early in the hunt and not get in the same situation Breckenridge got in last year.

Personaly I hope they hire from within. We have several awesome coaches who could do a great job for Brownwood.

kepdawg
12-05-2008, 01:59 PM
My son called me from 5th period athletics class, and said Coach Freeman told them he was retiring.

How reliable is your son? :D

LionKing
12-05-2008, 02:00 PM

different HCs. I believe your first question hits it right on the head.

Looking4number8
12-05-2008, 02:01 PM
My son called me from 5th period athletics class, and said Coach Freeman told them he was retiring.

^^^^ My source^^^^ I always belive Lion King, I had heard the rumor eariler but Lion Kings son is a very reliable.. Hey LK, maybe we should call him "Simba"

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
First I want to say again.. HAVE ZERO INSIDE KNOWLEDGE, WHAT I POST HERE IS PURLEY MY OPINION

With that said, I have no idea. I would believe that the timing of this would be so Brownwood has the ability to start looking for a coach early in the hunt and not get in the same situation Breckenridge got in last year.

Personaly I hope they hire from within. We have several awesome coaches who could do a great job for Brownwood.

Hiring from within would probably be the best way to go. Good luck to you guys in your search.

mwynn05
12-05-2008, 02:04 PM

different HCs. Well, they would be stupid not to get a resume together and make some calls to some old coaching buddies and let them know they might be looking for a new job

Looking4number8
12-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Well, they would be stupid not to get a resume together and make some calls to some old coaching buddies and let them know they might be looking for a new job

The sad thing about coaches, head and assistant, is they should always have a current resume on their top shelf!

You job security is not always under your self control.

LionKing
12-05-2008, 02:10 PM
^^^^ My source^^^^ I always belive Lion King, I had heard the rumor eariler but Lion Kings son is a very reliable.. Hey LK, maybe we should call him "Simba" Yea, none of us believed the rumor, but this time it came about.

pirate4state
12-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Well that sucks, but I doubt a program such as Brownwood will have any problems finding the right man for the job! :thumbsup:

Good Luck!

Lion_Addict
12-05-2008, 02:17 PM
We're all entitled to our own opinion, right? Some will want it to be from within, some won't. Hoping this doesn't start any hard feelings.

Just keep in mind the name.....Bo Robinson/ Head Coach...La Vernia Bears .

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
We're all entitled to our own opinion, right? Some will want it to be from within, some won't. Hoping this doesn't start any hard feelings.

Just keep in mind the name.....Bo Robinson/ Head Coach...La Vernia Bears .

Does he have links to you guys? What about some of the coaches from Permian that have links to Brownwood or Denton Guyer?

Lion_Addict
12-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Does he have links to you guys? What about some of the coaches from Permian that have links to Brownwood or Denton Guyer?

He has links to Bangs.....down the road.
Yeah, good point. Oughtta be interesting.

LionKing
12-05-2008, 02:24 PM

Just keep in mind the name.....Bo Robinson/ Head Coach...La Vernia Bears . Hmm, that would be a drastic offensive philosophy change, or what it was when he was at Bangs.

Rocket
12-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Well there are some Brownwood fans out there that think Sam Harrell will be our next head coach. Those people are idiots.

If we are smart, we will go with the same thought that Permian did. Get an up and comer from Brownwood that knows what it takes to build and move forward on the success and tradition already established by previous coaches.

Brownwood Coaches since Gordon Wood:

Randy Allen
Mark Bachtel
W. T. Stapler
Steve Freeman

Necks_Fan
12-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Well that sucks, but I doubt a program such as Brownwood will have any problems finding the right man for the job! :thumbsup:

Good Luck! X2.

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Well there are some Brownwood fans out there that think Sam Harrell will be our next head coach. Those people are idiots.

If we are smart, we will go with the same thought that Permian did. Get an up and comer from Brownwood that knows what it takes to build and move forward on the success and tradition already established by previous coaches.

Randy Allen
Mark Bachtel
W. T. Stapler
Steve Freeman

Hey bud long time no see. I agree. I think of Brownwood as a school that should hire from the Brownwood family. It seems to me it would take a coach that has been there to understand what it means to coach at a school like Brownwood. It's not like a majority of the schools in Texas. Not saying it is one of a kind but it is different than most other high school coaching jobs.

LionKing
12-05-2008, 02:32 PM

If we are smart, we will go with the same thought that Permian did. Get an up and comer from Brownwood that knows what it takes to build and move forward on the success and tradition already established by previous coaches. I agree totally with Rocket, Sam Harrell maybe one of ours, but he ain't comin back, Coach Walsh has Denton Guyer rolling and would be hard to get him away from Denton, an up and comer is readily awaiting, we'll just have to see what happens.

Rocket
12-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Hey bud long time no see. I agree. I think of Brownwood as a school that should hire from the Brownwood family. It seems to me it would take a coach that has been there to understand what it means to coach at a school like Brownwood. It's not like a majority of the schools in Texas. Not saying it is one of a kind but it is different than most other high school coaching jobs.

Haha..yep..you disappeared and I got tired of waiting on you.

I will say this for Coach Freeman. He loved and will always love Brownwood Football. Before he was a coach at Brownwood he loved it and I know his love for Brownwood is stronger than ever. That is part of what made him one of the best coaches we have ever had.

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2008, 02:45 PM

Those people need to research and see how much Harrell is paid at Ennis. Highest paid coach in DFW area

Rocket
12-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Those people need to research and see how much Harrell is paid at Ennis. Highest paid coach in DFW area

Those people are idiots. I covered that.

Sville
12-05-2008, 03:11 PM
If Bwood wants a fast rising coach that knows Bwood football, they need to look no further than Matt Green, former Bwood QB. He is Coach Chad Morris' top offensive asst. at Lake Travis. He has an incredible bright football mind and his character is even brighter. I got to know him very well when he was here in Sville under Morris. I am going to tell yall right now. Matt Green is going to be a very successful coach somewhere, someday. And you can write that down in your Big Chief Tablet.

I have no idea if he is interested, though.

Sville
12-05-2008, 03:18 PM

According to a 2006 Austin Statesman article, Harrell is the highest paid HS coach in TX with HP's Randy Allen right behind him.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/highschool/08/27salary.html

Looking4number8
12-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Sville
According to a 2006 Austin Statesman article, Harrell is the highest paid HS coach in TX with HP's Randy Allen right behind him.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/highschool/08/27salary.html

What I don't want is another Randy Allen. He is a great coach but for him Brownwood was just a stepping stone to Abilene Cooper, then Allen. This is why I hope we hire from within. I want somebody that wants to be a Brownwood Lion Coach! This is why I was and still am a Coach Steve Freeman fan.

Also because there are more important things than wins and losses. In today's Brownwood Bulletin was a letter to the editor from a senior players father supporting and praising Coach Freeman. This player (in my opinion) was one of the ones with the most to loose or gain by us going deep in the playoffs and his father still supports Freeman and talks about what Freeman has done for the players. In that respect, Freeman will hard to replace.

BEAST
12-05-2008, 03:32 PM
This just in, Coach Freeman took a job on Briles staff at Baylor. Congrats coach. We will miss you. Good luck on your future.

BEAST

STANG RED
12-05-2008, 03:34 PM

Randy Allen
Mark Bachtel
W. T. Stapler
Steve Freeman

Well the last couple of those came from Sweetwater first, so I guess yall better keep that tradition alive. Your welcome to Jackson if you want him. Nobody else seems to.

Seriously though, Freeman has always been a good coach. If he had just had a good DC, they could possibly still be playing. Its odd though, that one team had the best O in the state, and had the worst D at the same time. But it sure proves what it takes to win.

Good Luck Coach Freeman!

You could always bring your offense to Sweetwater. Just leave our defense alone please.:D

Looking4number8
12-05-2008, 03:45 PM
This just in, Coach Freeman took a job on Briles staff at Baylor. Congrats coach. We will miss you. Good luck on your future.

BEAST

How good are you sources?

Just kidding, I know yours are very good. That is great news and makes me feel better about the whole situation

Sville
12-05-2008, 03:50 PM
I was a freshman at Stephenville when Freeman was still here under Briles. I can attest to the quality of coach Steve Freeman IS. He was one of the best motivators besides Briles I was ever around. It would be the dog days of off-season and Freeman would be right there making you WANT to work harder.

vet93
12-05-2008, 04:17 PM
What about Glenn Jones at Brady. He is a former Brownwood guy...he was coached by Wood and Southal. He loves Brownwood and would not use the job as a stepping stone. He took Ballinger to the Quarterfinals at least once, maybe twice. He turned a putrid Brady team into a playoff team that went 3 rounds in two years. He has a solid philosophy of smash mouth football and his teams will not be erratic.

Trashman
12-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Nobody has mentioned Glen West. Where is he and how is he doing? Heard at the local Whataburger that he did prety good down at some little no-name school in East Texas.:D

Looking4number8
12-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Nobody has mentioned Glen West. Where is he and how is he doing? Heard at the local Whataburger that he did prety good down at some little no-name school in East Texas.:D

Isn't he the head coach at Brenhan that recruited current LSU QB Jarret Lee after his sophomore year at Brownwood.

Have to agree with that one. His family still lives here and he learned from the best on how to recruit.

Honestly though. He would be a very good choice. I remember him from high school and his knowledge of Brownwood football was incredible while he was a teenager! He has a very good football mind.

Eric Cartman
12-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Well, that explains why my buddy that coaches there hasn't replied to my email yet. He's probably doing his resume as I type.:(

slingshot
12-05-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm shocked and saddened to see Coach Freeman go... but guess not surprised--after all, it's all about the wins and losses--right? Not to me. Steve Freeman is a great coach and more importantly a great role model for young men... as well as a tireless worker trying to restore the glory of Brownwood football (at least he was... ). This a blow to your program--whoever takes over will have a challenge and some big shoes to fill. Hope that those same people in positions of power are very patient... success may take a few years. I wish Steve and his family the best of luck.

Trashman
12-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Not that we won't miss Coach Freeman. But with the tallent we have comming up and if the right man comes along for the job. We should be okay. The first season may not be 10 wins but we will be very competitive.

slingshot
12-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Maybe someone from BWD can explain a question I've asked before... why such low participation #'s from a school your size? I've just noticed at the JV, Freshmen and Jr High games that ya'll have about 2/3's or less as many boys out--and our enrollment #'s are similiar. Also a lot less Juniors and Seniors out for varsity--means a lot more underclassmen on varsity. Just curious...

Lion_Addict
12-06-2008, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by slingshot
Maybe someone from BWD can explain a question I've asked before... why such low participation #'s from a school your size? I've just noticed at the JV, Freshmen and Jr High games that ya'll have about 2/3's or less as many boys out--and our enrollment #'s are similiar. Also a lot less Juniors and Seniors out for varsity--means a lot more underclassmen on varsity. Just curious...

All I can speak on really is the Juniors and that's cuz my daughter would be one and is on the inside........many just quit during the offseason. That's all I got to say about that.

:doh: Well, guess I can speak on the Jr. High too since my son played 8th grade :nerd: . We had an "A", "B", "C", & "D" team so that's why there wasn't many on the sidelines for those games.
And I suppose I'll go soapboxing and speak on the share of deadbeat parents we have here that don't give a crap about their kids and they aren't introduced to sports, which would be the best influence for 'em. Instead they are allowed to run around at all hours wreaking havoc and ending up in Juvie. Where they don't stay long. Ok, I'm up way too early and pretty damn grumpy :mad: .......I'll stop now.

Troybuilt
12-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Steve needed to go cuz he had lost his appeal and control heer in Brownwood.

I think a change was needed and i'm herein the name McCoy.

Looking4number8
12-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by slingshot

You make a good point. Seems our participation numbers are always good until they hit the varsity level and then they really seem to drop. I do not have an answer for you on why that is. I have asked that question many times myself. Hopefully this is one of the things that will get better for us but there is no overnight fix.

Looking4number8
12-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Troybuilt

Why would McCoy come here? What do we offer that Graham does not. I would think McCoy would want to move up, not a parallel move. I am not dogging McCoy, just don't see why he would make that move.

Looking4number8
12-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Ok, I'm up way too early and pretty damn grumpy :mad: .......I'll stop now.

And what the He!! are you doing up at 3:30 in the morning? Didn't your momma tell you "nothing good happens after midnight"?

Lion_Addict
12-06-2008, 09:21 AM
And what the He!! are you doing up at 3:30 in the morning? Didn't your momma tell you "nothing good happens after midnight"?

I never listened to momma (now I do), and you know better than that; plenty of "good stuff" after midnight.....just gotta find it ;)
But it damn sure wasn't good last night after midnight :(

Looking4number8
12-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Hey Addict, you going to Waco today?

Lion_Addict
12-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Hey Addict, you going to Waco today?

Yes sir. If they find me, I'm gonna get in :D

RedWhiteBlue
12-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Troybuilt

That is freakin' hilarious!! I guess because you aren't 'hearing' it then you are just stirring crap up.....:thinking: :doh:

Looking4number8
12-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Yes sir. If they find me, I'm gonna get in :D

Have fun man.. We it is 9 in the morning and 28 degrees out there and Daughter just text me tell me we are pitching in 30 minutes cause "we have thown in the cold yet" ... and she wants too go shopping this afternoon.

I am only buying the shopping part, but at least she willing to still throw this morning. Hope you can still talk yours into playing this year!

bobcat1
12-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Have fun man.. We it is 9 in the morning and 28 degrees out there and Daughter just text me tell me we are pitching in 30 minutes cause "we have thown in the cold yet" ... and she wants too go shopping this afternoon.

I am only buying the shopping part, but at least she willing to still throw this morning. Hope you can still talk yours into playing this year! She looks like she is awesome. Is she?

Lion_Addict
12-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
She looks like she is awesome. Is she?

I can answer that one..........YES!

Lion_Addict
12-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Changing of the Guard
Brownwood High School athletic director, head football coach Steve Freeman resigns

By Derrick Stuckly - Brownwood Bulletin
Published: Saturday, December 6, 2008 8:05 AM CST

The Brownwood Lions’ coaching carousel took yet another turn Friday as athletic director and head football coach Steve Freeman became the third member of the staff to step down since the Nov. 7 season finale.

Freeman, who just completed his 12th season as Brownwood head coach, joins defensive coordinator Charles Copeland and offensive coordinator Mitch Moore as coaches who will not be on the sideline for the Lions during the 2009 campaign.

A season that began with talk of the program’s eighth state championship - as the Lions entered their first season in Class 3A since 1979 ranked in the Top 10 of several preseason polls - ended with a second straight absence from the playoffs, which had not happened since the 1994 and 1995 seasons. “My thinking is if there can be any added enthusiasm or new electricity or life that can ensure this thing is over the hump the next go-round, that’s what I want,” Freeman said. “I’ve tried from day one to be a good athletic director and then a good coach. I don’t have any regrets. Disappointments, yes, but no regrets at all.”

Freeman stated he had been mulling over his decision for at least the last week.

“This has been a little bit of a thought process for the last few days,” Freeman said. “I thought it was an opportunistic time for the school district, right here before the holidays, because that’s a crucial time for finding a replacement for this position. I felt like this would be the right move for me and be a good move for the Brownwood program.”

During his tenure as head coach, Freeman led the Lions to nine playoff appearances and a 90-52 overall record. Over the last five seasons, however, the Lions were just 26-31 and in four of those five years Brownwood suffered at least six losses.

The Lions captured a pair of district championships under Freeman in 1998 and again in 2003. Brownwood also advanced to the 2002 state semifinals, while making the state quarterfinals in 1997 and again in 2006.

In 2002, the Lions finished 9-5 and made their deepest playoff run under Freeman despite a 6-4 regular season. In 2006, the Lions overcame a 4-6 regular season by winning a three-way coin toss on the final night of the season en route to posting a 7-7 overall record. The 1997 campaign was one of three with at least 10 wins during the Freeman era.

“It’s been extremely honorable for me to be in this capacity in such a storied program,” Freeman said. “I’ve had three kids that have come through Brownwood High School and two that have been in the program. We haven’t been able to accomplish everything we wanted on the field, but we’ve accomplished a lot of things off the football field.”

Brownwood ISD superintendent Dr. Reece Blincoe could not be reached for comment Friday on Freeman’s resignation, when a successor would be named or how the coaching search would be conducted.

Freeman’s resignation is not effective immediately, and when his final day on the job will be was unclear Friday. Freeman hinted he could continue in both roles until the end of the semester.

“There are multiple events right around the corner as well as others that are under way and very important to us as a school and a town,” Freeman said. “There’s still lots of work to do in all capacities. There will be a replacement coming in time, but that’s up to the administration. I want to ensure whatever is best for our programs. These two weeks are important, and at the holidays it’s hard to get things done. I want to get our ducks in a row and be ready to progress.”

In his capacity as athletic director, Freeman played a huge role in improving the facilities at Gordon Wood Stadium, Morris Southall Field and the Lady Lions softball field. Freeman was personally involved in the construction of the Dallas Huston Walk of Champions at the stadium, the batting cages at the softball field and the fencing that surrounds both Brownwood diamonds, among other improvements.

Several of the high school athletic programs have also flourished and enjoyed significant postseason success during Freeman’s tenure as well.

“I tried to be an A.D. first and take care of the other programs the very best way we could, in a football town,” Freeman said. “We’ve got some good people in place in different capacities, and I don’t think it’s held us back football-wise a bit.”

Though the success Freeman and the Lions craved did not come to fruition on the gridiron the last couple of seasons, it wasn’t due to lack of effort.

“This is my 15th offseason right now and these kids have busted their tails all along the way,” Freeman said. “The last five years they’ve fought their tails off and we haven’t gotten in (the playoffs) the last couple. But I feel like I taught them what ‘try hard’ really means. It doesn’t mean you’re always on top, but folks understand ‘try hard.’”

Freeman did not reveal any future career plans on Friday.

“Right now I’ve taken one step today,” Freeman said. “I’ll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.”

Steve Freeman at Brownwood

Head coach Steve Freeman’s year-by-year and career record as Brownwood Lions head football coach:

1997: 10-3 State Quarterfinalists

1998: 10-2 District Champs, Bi-District Champs

1999: 9-3 Bi-District Champions

2000: 8-4 Bi-District Champions

2001: 7-3 No Playoff Appearance

2002: 9-5 State Semifinalists

2003: 11-1 District Champs, Bi-District Champs

2004: 6-6 Bi-District Champions

2005: 4-7 Bi-District Finalists

2006: 7-7 State Quarterfinalists

2007: 6-4 No Playoff Appearance

2008: 3-7 No Playoff Appearance

Career Record at Brownwood: 90-52, Nine Playoff Appearances, Two District Championships

Looking4number8
12-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
She looks like she is awesome. Is she?

I like to think so but I am very very bias. She was first team all distrist last year for what ever that counts for.

I can answer that one..........YES!

Amd thank you!

Looking4number8
12-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Here is the link to the 2nd story about it in todays paper. They both say about the same thing.

http://www.brownwoodbulletin.com/articles/2008/12/06/news/doc4939fe4074047935652112.txt

Freeman leaving Lions’ program
By Derrick Stuckly - Brownwood Bulletin
Published: Saturday, December 6, 2008 8:05 AM CST
Brownwood High School athletic director and head football coach Steve Freeman announced his resignation Friday, which will end his 15-year association with the athletic program.

Freeman has spent the last 12 seasons as Brownwood’s head coach, compiling a 90-52 record in that span with nine playoff appearances. The Lions missed the playoffs the last two seasons, however, which had not happened since the 1994 and 1995 campaigns.

“This has been a little bit of a thought process for the last few days,” Freeman said. “I thought it was an opportunistic time for the school district, right here before the holidays, because that’s a crucial time for finding a replacement for this position. I felt like this would be the right move for me and be a good move for the Brownwood program.” Brownwood entered the 2008 football season ranked in the Top 10 of several preseason polls, but finished its first year at the Class 3A level since 1979 with a 3-7 overall mark and a fifth-place finish in the six-team District 2-3A race.

“Our offseason program is under way and our kids are busting their tails, but we don’t like that fact. We’d rather still be playing,” Freeman said. “We have a lot of kids and coaches that have some disappointment. We’ve sniffed at it several times, but we’ve never been able to close the door. We’re still wanting this thing to go the distance, but hopefully we’ve contributed to something good along the way.”

Arguably Freeman’s best seasons at Brownwood came in 2002 and 2006. Despite a 6-4 regular season record in 2002, the Lions reached the state semifinals and finished 9-5. In 2006, the Lions posted just a 4-6 regular season mark, but won a three-way coin toss on the final night of the season and went on to reach the state quarterfinals and finish with a 7-7 record.

The Lions also advanced to the state quarterfinals in 1997, one of three seasons with at least 10 wins during the Freeman era.

Freeman hinted he will remain as athletic director through the end of the semester, but when his resignation will officially become effective is uncertain. Brownwood ISD superintendent Dr. Reece Blincoe was unavailable for comment on Freeman’s resignation, or when a successor would be named.

“Right now I feel like the program is not broken down,” Freeman said. “The JV bunch was solid and won district, the freshmen won district and there were a lot of young kids up at the varsity level. We struggled, but my goals have not changed a bit for this program. We’re not far removed from this thing being extremely solid.”

lookingfor#2
12-06-2008, 01:20 PM
But far more numerous was the herd of such,
Who think too little and who talk too much.

Will one of you two define awesome for me ?

Looking4number8
12-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by lookingfor#2
But far more numerous was the herd of such,

Will one of you two define awesome for me ?

Awesome would be someone who could understand what the crap you are talking about with"but far more numerouse was the herd of such"

lookingfor#2
12-06-2008, 02:42 PM
The Lord openeth the eyes of the blind. And the DUMB.You are not smart enough to get in a pissing match with me . I can look at the picture and tell she has no professional training .but I will not go into that unless you open your dumb mouth again

Looking4number8
12-06-2008, 02:49 PM
I can look at the picture and tell she has no professional training .

Tell me what you see in that picture if you are so freaking smart! That is possibly the stupidest thing I have ever read on this board.

And I dont want to get in a pissing match with you because I can tell you have already pissed all over yourself today.

Understand you little brat, you are talking about my daughter and I take that very personal!

lookingfor#2
12-06-2008, 03:01 PM
She is out of time .I bet she throws everything outside and more balls than strikes.You can fool the people that do not know .She drags to hard which will make everything go outside do you want more? She would never pitch on one of my teams .I do know softball I have played it and coached it for many years .If you are as proud of her as you say get her some real help so she won't be embarassed when she cant cut it

Looking4number8
12-06-2008, 03:13 PM
She is out of time .I bet she throws evrything outside and more balls than strikes.You can fool the peaple that do not know .She drags to hard which will make everything go outside do you want more? she would never pitch on one of my teams .I do know softball I have played it and coached it for many years .If you are as proud of her as you say get her some real help so she want be embrassed when she cant cut it

"I bet she throws everything outside ".... wrong, she is left handed and her biggest weakness is the number of batters she hits (8 last year, all of them right handed girls) that makes her throwing inside.

"more balls than strikes"... wrong last year 847 strikes of 1197 pitches thrown with 84 K's with a 1.41 ERA

"She drags to hard which will make everything go outside" .... you already said that and you were wrong

"she would never pitch on one of my teams" ... 100% correct

"I do know softball I have played it and coached it for many years ".... don't believe you, softball is a classy sport, and you appear to have none!

"she want be embarrassed" ... I assume you mean won't be embarressed because very few people "want" to be embarressed! But for your questions....I taught her never be embarrassed when you give it all you have, win or loose, BTW, so much for how smart you are.

"she cant cut it" ... She was 1st team all district in 16-4A which included State Finalist Waco Midway, I would say... yep, she can cut it.

"do you want more".... sure, keep pissing on yourself.. idiot

westcoast54
12-06-2008, 03:19 PM
She is out of time .I bet she throws evrything outside and more balls than strikes.You can fool the peaple that do not know .She drags to hard which will make everything go outside do you want more? she would never pitch on one of my teams .I do know softball I have played it and coached it for many years .If you are as proud of her as you say get her some real help so she want be embrassed when she cant cut it

I was just reading this post because it was about Brownwood football and all the sudden we get into softball. All I can say is this: Lookingfor#2, your talking about a man's daughter and that is very classless. If you can tell all of that from a picture then why aren't you coaching softball at the college level. You say she can't pitch for one of your teams? How many teams do you coach? You must be one of those "select" coaches who tells their girls not to listen to their high school coaches. To me it sounds like some sour grapes on your part but, I don't know nor do I care. Don't come on this board and talk about someone's child.

lookingfor#2
12-06-2008, 03:27 PM
And I bet you kept all those stats yourself.The District you are talking about is the weakest in the state .How far did you go in the playoffs 1 game I bet .My 12 and under team would 15 run your team even with your stud pitching .I will not say more but I have known Dads like you.You are not the only D.A But remember this.IF YOU HAVE TO BRAG ON YOUR OWN KID THEN SHE IS NOT VERY GOOD

Those stats are pretty funny,I would not tell anybody else .Kind of shows your stupidity

Looking4number8
12-06-2008, 03:33 PM
But remember this.IF YOU HAVE TO BRAG ON YOUR OWN KID THEN SHE IS NOT VERY GOOD

Those stats are pretty funny,I would not tell anybody else .Kind of shows your stupidity

Remember this, if you don't brag about your kid, you suck as a dad!

The stats came from the coaches husband and the radio anouncer which was our official stat keeper.

Ohh... you coach 12U, yep, thats a world of experience.. my bad, I will now respect everything you post!

:nerd:

lookingfor#2
12-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Not talking about the kid just the dad .That by reading his post he is one of the smartest men I have never met nor would want to.And I have coached College ball.Thanks for your input I will not lose any sleep over you or him

lookingfor#2
12-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Anytime you want to test me I am ready we will see who the D.A is What have you coached Big boy

Pick6
12-06-2008, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lookingfor#2
Not talking about the kid just the dad .That by reading his post he is one of the smartest men I have never met nor would want to.And I have coached College ball.Thanks for your input I will not lose any sleep over you or him [/QUOTE

Any real college coach wouldn't come on a message board talking about kids they don't know or have never seen pitch. I think you're a big pile of #2 that needs to be flushed.

Looking4number8
12-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Not talking about the kid just the dad .That by reading his post he is one of the smartest men I have never met nor would want to.And I have coached College ball.Thanks for your input I will not lose any sleep over you or him

I like to think so but I am very very bias. She was first team all district last year for what ever that counts for.

And thank you!

This was my post that I started bragging about my daughter, Yep, sure makes me look like an idiot!

And how can you coach in college when your grammar, punctuation and spelling are at a 3rd grade level

lookingfor#2
12-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Maybe you need to go back and check your spelling .Son

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2008, 03:58 PM
She is out of time .I bet she throws everything outside and more balls than strikes.You can fool the people that do not know .She drags to hard which will make everything go outside do you want more? She would never pitch on one of my teams .I do know softball I have played it and coached it for many years .If you are as proud of her as you say get her some real help so she won't be embarassed when she cant cut it
I don't know what you think gives you the right to bash a student athlete like this, but you won't be doing it on this thread! :rolleyes:

Pick6
12-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I don't know what you think gives you the right to bash a student athlete like this, but you won't be doing it on this thread! :rolleyes:

LHPM to the rescue, Thanks LHPM.

Looking4number8
12-06-2008, 04:03 PM

Thanks LHPM, I know I should have walked away also, but the dad and the butthead in me felt the need to defend my child.

Looking for 2, all the best with your softball

To the downlow, I apologize for my rants, again, just the dad in me!

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Thanks LHPM, I know I should have walked away also, but the dad and the butthead in me felt the need to defend my child.

You don't owe ANYONE an apology. :)

westcoast54
12-06-2008, 04:06 PM
And I bet you kept all those stats yourself.The District you are talking about is the weakest in the state .How far did you go in the playoffs 1 game I bet .My 12 and under team would 15 run your team even with your stud pitching .I will not say more but I have known Dads like you.You are not the only D.A But remember this.IF YOU HAVE TO BRAG ON YOUR OWN KID THEN SHE IS NOT VERY GOOD

Your a piece of work! If you are a father...God help your kids.

Looking4number8
12-06-2008, 04:19 PM
You don't owe ANYONE an apology. :)

Thank you but I am old enough to know I could have prevented it all by ignoring it or PM's

Good luck tonight

K-MAC Chuck
12-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by westcoast54
I was just reading this post because it was about Brownwood football and all the sudden we get into softball...Don't come on this board and talk about someone's child.

NO DOUBT!!
I came on here to read about Brownwood and found the same thing as westcoast54...
Good Lord, no one's child deserves this kind of treatment.
Totally class-less..thanks for stepping in, LHPM and others..

wimbo_pro
12-06-2008, 06:08 PM
The Lord openeth the eyes of the blind. And the DUMB.You are not smart enough to get in a pissing match with me . I can look at the picture and tell she has no professional training .but I will not go into that unless you open your dumb mouth again

YOU SOUND LIKE AN ASS. There's a quote for you.

Trashman
12-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Lookingfor#2 is obviously a very disturbed individual......an idiot in search of a village.......perhaps?:D

Trashman
12-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Lookingfor#2 is obviously a very disturbed individual......an idiot in search of a village.......perhaps?:D

Trashman
12-06-2008, 07:34 PM

Roll'em up
12-06-2008, 10:13 PM
What about Kyle Story of Decatur. He is from Brownwood and played on the last State Championship team of Gordon Wood. I don't know that he would leave Decatur though.

westcoast54
12-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Roll'em up
What about Kyle Story of Decatur. He is from Brownwood and played on the last State Championship team of Gordon Wood. I don't know that he would leave Decatur though.

Think he might be in the running for the new school in Justin Northwest.

westcoast54
12-06-2008, 10:38 PM
What about Kelly West, the DC at Cisco. He once coached in Brownwood.

Looking4number8
12-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Our problem is we don't pay what it takes to draw one of the big names. If someone has a HC job in the metroplex, they probably will not move to Brownwood for less cash.

Ranger Mom
12-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
NO DOUBT!!
I came on here to read about Brownwood and found the same thing as westcoast54...
Good Lord, no one's child deserves this kind of treatment.
Totally class-less..thanks for stepping in, LHPM and others..

It is lucky that LHPM saw this and took care of it before I did....as bad as I feel today, I probably would have just banned him!!:eek:

Looking4number8
12-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It is lucky that LHPM saw this and took care of it before I did....as bad as I feel today, I probably would have just banned him!!:eek:

He probably won't be back for a while. If you look at all of his post they are all anti- Brownwood girls sports. I think he is a bitter Brownwood fan, actually I as I have re-read all of his post, I think I might know who he is.. not for sure though so I will not say. If it is, I know why he was calling out my daughter.

RedWhiteBlue
12-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Maybe you need to go back and check your spelling .Son
I know LHPM already showed this guy what's up here- but, what a freakin' moron!!! I think maybe he needs to 'check himself'. How dare he come on here and talk about anyone's child like that. We seriously have your back on this one, Wookin'. And I can tell you that you were not out of line at all in your responses. You were MUCH kinder than I would have been......:D :kiss:

Ranger Mom
12-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
I know LHPM already showed this guy what's up here- but, what a freakin' moron!!! I think maybe he needs to 'check himself'. How dare he come on here and talk about anyone's child like that. We seriously have your back on this one, Wookin'. And I can tell you that you were not out of line at all in your responses. You were MUCH kinder than I would have been......:D :kiss:

Amen sister!!:clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
12-06-2008, 11:12 PM
He probably won't be back for a while. If you look at all of his post they are all anti- Brownwood girls sports. I think he is a bitter Brownwood fan, actually I as I have re-read all of his post, I think I might know who he is.. not for sure though so I will not say. If it is, I know why he was calling out my daughter.

There is NO reason good enough for me to call out your daughter!!:mad: :mad:

RedWhiteBlue
12-06-2008, 11:14 PM
There is NO reason good enough for me to call out your daughter!!:mad: :mad:
Or anyone's child. What a freakin' nut case.....:tongue:
You know-you can trash me all day long, but you talk about my babies and it is all on. :evil:

STANG RED
12-06-2008, 11:15 PM

I cant believe he's not banned.:eek: :eek: :eek:
He should be banned, and have his butt kicked up around his ears. :mad:

RedWhiteBlue
12-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I cant believe he's not banned.:eek: :eek: :eek:
He should be banned, and have his butt kicked up around his ears. :mad:
Hey, STANG- I think I have a 9 iron with this guy's face on it.....:D

Looking4number8
12-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Or anyone's child. What a freakin' nut case.....:tongue:
You know-you can trash me all day long, but you talk about my babies and it is all on. :evil:

Thats exactly how I feel. Most of the bad stuff people say about me is true anyways... But talk about my kids and I have a very hard time not saying things that would get me banned... forever!

daug
12-07-2008, 11:40 PM
How about the head man at Cisco? Would be a great hire.

STANG RED
12-07-2008, 11:59 PM
Hey, STANG- I think I have a 9 iron with this guy's face on it.....:D

Nah, I actually have a 7 degree 460 driver that'll do a much better job.

I cant hit a golfball for crap with it, but I think I could hit a fat head right between the screws with no problem.:D

But should I hollar FOOOOUUUUURRRR first?:confused: :devil:

bwdlionfan
12-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by daug
How about the head man at Cisco? Would be a great hire.

That's the same thoughts I've been having. What kind of system does he run there?

Trashman
12-08-2008, 12:43 AM
Just to stir the pot a little.....how about Robbie Tindol over in Early?:D :stirpot: :stirpot:

Lion_Addict
12-08-2008, 07:22 AM
Thats exactly how I feel. Most of the bad stuff people say about me is true anyways... But talk about my kids and I have a very hard time not saying things that would get me banned... forever!

Just read all that stuff this morning :eek: :eek: . Wish I would have been here witcha man! What a piece!! :mad:

Looking4number8
12-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Just to stir the pot a little.....how about Robbie Tindol over in Early?:D :stirpot: :stirpot:

I hope not. I watched a couple of Early games this year and it looked to me like he got out coached in both of them, especially the bangs game.

Also with the Vacarro transfer, that hire might make even more hard feeling between Brownwood and Early

Daddy D 11
12-08-2008, 10:13 AM

Shoot, don't be sorry. If I was you I'd be reaching through that computer screen and busting me some teeth outta that idiots head:foul:

Oh, and how about me for the job?:devil: With all that talent, the Slot-T will do wonders:evillol:

sportsdude
12-08-2008, 11:44 AM
i think brownwood goes after decatur coach kyle story.

an alum

Looking4number8
12-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Shoot, don't be sorry. If I was you I'd be reaching through that computer screen and busting me some teeth outta that idiots head:foul:

Oh, and how about me for the job?:devil: With all that talent, the Slot-T will do wonders:evillol:

Actually you make a good point about the slot t. I have never been a big fan of it, I like the spread because it is fun to watch but.... slot t sure has proved me wrong. How many spread teams are left in the 3A playoffs. I don't know but I would not be surprised if the answer was zero.

Back to the coaching job. Next year we will have a very mobile QB and 4 or 5 really really good running backs. All of them will be juniors or younger with one that will be a sophomore next year (he will be the best one). With all that running talent the Slot T could be huge for us.

Guess we will just sit back and see who gets hired and what they run.

As for me though, I am still hoping for a hire from within!

Daddy D 11
12-08-2008, 12:42 PM
What did Gordon Wood run back in the day?

I think a very run oriented offense would work well, still pass, but try to focus more of your offense with the QB under center and stress the importance of LINE PLAY. You win games in the trenches, teams like LH and Celina prove that each and every week.

Maybe go to a more traditional, Power I and single back offense, that would be a lot of fun to watch. Maybe it'd inspire the kids a little more knowing that Brownwood football is going to go back to its roots and play old school football.

Texasfootball2
12-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Actually you make a good point about the slot t. I have never been a big fan of it, I like the spread because it is fun to watch but.... slot t sure has proved me wrong. How many spread teams are left in the 3A playoffs. I don't know but I would not be surprised if the answer was zero.

Back to the coaching job. Next year we will have a very mobile QB and 4 or 5 really really good running backs. All of them will be juniors or younger with one that will be a sophomore next year (he will be the best one). With all that running talent the Slot T could be huge for us.

Guess we will just sit back and see who gets hired and what they run.

This is a very interesting thought about the spread teams. In 3A Div 1, not sure about Cuero, but Wylie, Prosper, and Waco LV are all teams that base their offense out of a traditional type formation and run the ball very effectively. Unless Cuero has changed from when Wylie played them in the '04 finals they too are a I based offense and ran it down your throat. I agree that the spread offense is very fan friendly but some things never change. Run the ball and play good defense and you will still be playing in December.:D

Daddy D 11
12-08-2008, 12:49 PM
I hate the spread:mad: Always have, always will.
At the high school level it requires too much talent and IMO too many teams run it that lack the amount of talent that it needs to be effective. Also, like many others have said on here before, when you throw the ball 3 things can happen and 2 of them are bad.

Just run the stinking ball up and down the field and pass when it's obvious that you should.

BwdLion_80
12-08-2008, 12:53 PM
What did Gordon Wood run back in the day?

Coach Wood ran the wing T.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2008, 12:55 PM
I hate the spread:mad: Always have, always will.
At the high school level it requires too much talent and IMO too many teams run it that lack the amount of talent that it needs to be effective. Also, like many others have said on here before, when you throw the ball 3 things can happen and 2 of them are bad.

Just run the stinking ball up and down the field and pass when it's obvious that you should.

It takes the same amount of talent to run a run offense..the problem with teams that run the spread, it does not suit their team...but teams run O based offenses all the time and they dont use the talent they have correctly

Daddy D 11
12-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80

Well damn! It's obvious you need to steal someone off the LH staff and start running the Slot-T! You'd be returning Brownwood to the days where they were actually worth a darn;) :p

Looking4number8
12-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80

Thank God you are alive.... Have not heard from you! Also thanks for the answer, I could not remember what Wood ran. Guess I am getting really really old!

Daddy D 11
12-08-2008, 12:59 PM
It takes the same amount of talent to run a run offense

I beg to differ on that one. You need a QB that can read coverages and WR's that can run good routes and catch the ball when needed. In a run oriented offense, your QB doesn't have to do anything but hand it off. And in a run offense your line just blocks the man in front of them till the play is over, in a pass offense your line is forced to pick up blitzes and what not.

I know there is exceptions to every rule, but in 3A, look at how many spread teams are left? Not too many. So it's obviously a little easier to run the ball effectively at the HS level than throw it.

Lion_Addict
12-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Well damn! It's obvious you need to steal someone off the LH staff and start running the Slot-T! You'd be returning Brownwood to the days where they were actually worth a darn;) :p

Alright you little turdlette........ :mad:

Looking4number8
12-08-2008, 01:05 PM
I beg to differ on that one. You need a QB that can read coverages and WR's that can run good routes and catch the ball when needed. In a run oriented offense, your QB doesn't have to do anything but hand it off. And in a run offense your line just blocks the man in front of them till the play is over, in a pass offense your line is forced to pick up blitzes and what not.

Dang sounds like you are saying LH is not smart enough to run the spread.:devil:

Texasfootball2
12-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Even though over the years, different styles of football come and go in cycles. Wing T, Triple option, Run-n-shoot, Spread,.......ect....

One thing has never changed. Teams that can run the ball and play good defense are the ones still standing at the end. The Run-n-shoot was much like the spread. It was a very effective offense that you could have success with, while having lesser athletes. The problem is that the success usually comes between the 20's where there is lots of room to operate. Once these type of teams got in the red zone where there was very little room to throw the ball they would struggle to score points. If you look at the teams who are successful with the "so called" spread offense, they are teams that run the ball very well, and the running plays have blocking scheme that are very similiar to the wing T running plays. They just do it from a spread look, but they still pull lineman and run trap blocks, it just happens to be the QB carring the ball instead of a true Tailback. Abilene Wylie has always been able to run the ball and there best running plays are the option, the old "counter Trey, and the "sprint draw". They also run the ole Green Bay Packer sweep from way back when. Prosper ran a lot of the excact same type of plays. Liberty Hills running game is much of the same type of plays and blocking schemes, they just do it from different formations and do it very well.

The bottom line: Run the ball, play good defense, but be able to throw the ball with some success if you have to.

95mustang
12-08-2008, 01:12 PM
I will agree it does take a tremendous amount of talent to run a pread offense at the Highschool level. Anyone that watched Brownwood play this year can say they had the talent to do so on the offensive side of the ball. Now they lose the 3 receivers and the quarterback which was the heart and soul of their spread offense. With seeing the kids/ young men that are coming up and knowing what they can do on the field when playing I think a run oriented offense is not a bad idea. Brownwood will a a strong stable of running backs next year something they have not had in a few years. We have always had one good back but in the next coupld of years there will be several tha will be good. I am excited for the future of Brownwood Lions football. I am also a little saddened with the loss of Coach Freeman. He is a good man and really loves the Brownwood Lions program. I hope the position is filled with someone who understands the tradition and can get the program back to where it belongs. On TOP!!!!!!

Trashman
12-08-2008, 02:59 PM

Who do we have inside that you feel would be qualified for the head coaching job?;)

Looking4number8
12-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Consider me biased as always but I think Coach Wolfe and Coach Rhodes would both be awesome.

Both seem to love to be at Brownwood also.

Maximus
12-08-2008, 03:31 PM
You nearly lost Wolfe to Hillsboro already. You need to lock him down right now. He would be a GREAT choice.

Liberty Hill is simply the BEST 4A school in class 3A. If Brownwood had gotten out of the 4-3 Defense that killed their program, they might have challenged the Hill for that distinction, but alas, it was not to be. Now some good heads are rolling because of it. Sad.

Let's see how well the Nasty works in 4A after next season.

Daddy D 11
12-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
You nearly lost Wolfe to Hillsboro already. You need to lock him down right now. He would be a GREAT choice.

Liberty Hill is simply the BEST 4A school in class 3A. If Brownwood had gotten out of the 4-3 Defense that killed their program, they might have challenged the Hill for that distinction, but alas, it was not to be. Now some good heads are rolling because of it. Sad.

How dumb are you?

Maximus
12-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Nowhere near your class.

Daddy D 11
12-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Nowhere near your class.

You're right, You're below:p

I don't see how you can call LH a 4A school when we are 6 years away from even being close to 4A numbers. You also said Bridgeport would slow down the LH offense and beat the Panthers, and we both know how that one worked out. This is the second time you've opened your mouth about LH and had no idea, next time you should get a clue first:)

That's all I have to say.

Maximus
12-08-2008, 03:44 PM
I have been correct on both counts. B'port was winning handily when I finally got there, and that was without half of their offense, their 1-back, who was out with a severe hamstring injury, and the other half, the qb, was barely able to stand. It was too bad they had these unfortunate injuries so late in the season, but when you are a true AAA school, depth is always a factor. Faced with such debilitating injuries they were forced to run an open backfield without even a qb keep/draw threat. It shouldn't take a genius to figure out that they had to pass on every down. That alone is a recipe for disaster. Disaster is what happened.

Good luck with the Orange. They are eager for the match.

Daddy D 11
12-08-2008, 03:51 PM
I have been correct on both counts. B'port was winning handily when I finally got there, and that was without half of their offense, their 1-back, who was out with a severe hamstring injury, and the other half, the qb, was barely able to stand. It was too bad they had these unfortunate injuries so late in the season, but when you are a true AAA school, depth is always a factor. Faced with such debilitating injuries they were forced to run an open backfield without even a qb keep/draw threat. It shouldn't take a genius to figure out that they had to pass on every down. That alone is a recipe for disaster. Disaster is what happened.

Good luck with the Orange. They are eager for the match.

Are you serious? You said that Bridgeport would slow down the LH Slot-T last week. No where in the above post did you mention the Bulls defense stopping, or even slowing down LH because we both know it did not happen. So to defend yourself you brought up how the Bulls offense was hobbled. Injuries are a part of the game, our best players have been playing injured for weeks, you don't think if they were healthy it would have been different?

Do you want a cupcake for Bridgeport "winning handily" when you got there in the second quarter? Bridgeport can have that early second quarter lead, LH will gladly take the ACTUAL victory every day of the week. I wish every game was decided by how well you play in the second quarter:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
12-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Nowhere near your class.

I know you don't like us mods....but why such disdain for anything Liberty Hill??

Maximus
12-08-2008, 04:02 PM
The whole game hinged upon B'port being able to at least line up and attempt to run their offense, which was about 50/50 run to pass on the year. They came in with no RB and a hobbled QB. Surely you are aware of that fact, no?

Heck, they were playing at the JV level. Sure you should win if the other team goes 3 and out most of the game. The Nasty thrives on eating the clock on those long drives. The only chance opponents have is to keep the ball for awhile, THUS slowing down the Slot-T. That can't happen if you are crippled. Gilmer was crippled-up a couple of years ago, too, weren't they? Of course, injuries are part of the game. However, as a coach I want to win games over teams who are at their best. Anything less cheapens the victory.

Good luck against Celina. They are pretty good, but so are y'all. It should be another great game. This time I think both teams are near full-strength. That's what we all want to see, isn't it?

Looking4number8
12-08-2008, 04:03 PM
I know you don't like us mods....but why such disdain for anything Liberty Hill??

If he is like me its because of the purple! I love LH, the fans and the team..... but that purple just has to go..... j/k

Maximus
12-08-2008, 04:04 PM

I have no disdain for anyone but Oklahoma. Why do you say such things?

Ranger Mom
12-08-2008, 04:05 PM
If he is like me its because of the purple! I love LH, the fans and the team..... but that purple just has to go..... j/k

It has nothing to do with the purple...trust me!!:D :D

Ranger Mom
12-08-2008, 04:06 PM
I have no disdain for anyone but Oklahoma. Why do you say such things?

I have just noticed a pattern TC, that's why!!;)

Daddy D 11
12-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Of course, injuries are part of the game. However, as a coach I want to win games over teams who are at their best. Anything less cheapens the victory.

Okay, I'll make sure to remember that the Gilmer and Bridgeport victories don't mean as much.

And I'm pretty sure earlier in the week you weren't talking about how the game hinged on the injuries of the Bulls offense. It was all about "Blood in and Blood out." Looks like those schemes and ideals didn't work out too well Maximus:(

Ranger Mom
12-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Hmmm....I wonder if the Bandera Coaches felt their victory was "cheapened" when they beat us in the state championship game in 2002.

Afterall, we DID lose our fullback to a broke foot in the pre-game warm ups!! I still think that changed the dynamics of the entire game...but that's the way it goes!!!

For some reason...I bet that Bandera coach didn't think their victory was cheapened in the least!!!

Maximus
12-08-2008, 04:17 PM
I only learned of their injuries as I was driving to the game. It really is too bad they were down. It could have been a real good game. This deep in the playoffs it is always fun to watch two evenly matched teams go at it. Nobody wants to see a blowout by one team over another that is off its game. But hey, that is just my opinion. You certainly have the right to your own. If you would rather not play anyone with any chance to compete with you that is fine. Sometimes you get your wish.

How do you see the next one turning out? Can Celina play with you?

Maximus
12-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Hmmm....I wonder if the Bandera Coaches felt their victory was "cheapened" when they beat us in the state championship game in 2002.

Afterall, we DID lose our fullback to a broke foot in the pre-game warm ups!! I still think that changed the dynamics of the entire game...but that's the way it goes!!!

For some reason...I bet that Bandera coach didn't think their victory was cheapened in the least!!!

Hate to burst your bubble but that is EXACTLY what he told me. He knew that the loss of that stud opened the door for them.

Daddy D 11
12-08-2008, 04:23 PM
I only learned of their injuries as I was driving to the game. It really is too bad they were down. It could have been a real good game. This deep in the playoffs it is always fun to watch two evenly matched teams go at it. Nobody wants to see a blowout by one team over another that is off its game. But hey, that is just my opinion. You certainly have the right to your own. If you would rather not play anyone with any chance to compete with you that is fine. Sometimes you get your wish.

How do you see the next one turning out? Can Celina play with you?

I've never said I wanted those boys to get injured buddy. LH has always beat the best to be the best. And I have no clue, it's a toss up between two very good programs that certainly know how to win.

Daddy D 11
12-08-2008, 04:25 PM
LH has been playing a corner that has everything in his knee torn to shreds, a TE that has a torn knee also and a few other that don't need to be mentioned. Both teams were injured, LH was flat out the better team and that is why we are still playing and the Bulls aren't. It's that simple. We can't control who we beat, we just go out and score more than they do, and so far we've done that 38 times in a row:)

Ranger Mom
12-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Hate to burst your bubble but that is EXACTLY what he told me. He knew that the loss of that stud opened the door for them.

For real????

Well what do ya know!!

I read over and over that the loss of one player can't hurt a team or change an outcome that much!! But....I don't believe it!!!

WOW!! That was my 30,000th post....and it was football related!!!!

:cheerl: :cheerl:

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Congrats!

Maximus
12-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Could you quote your sources on the 'loss of a player' comment?

Whoever sold you that statement is full of it. You lose your stud and you are done. B'port lost one and a half of theirs and they are done. LH may have still beaten them, but we'll never know.

Looking4number8
12-08-2008, 04:41 PM

Oh crap... we have to sources and facts? Help, will a mod go back and delete 100% of my post.. aint none of them got any fact or knowledge in them!

nobogey72
12-08-2008, 04:53 PM

My guess is that Lookingfor#2 is probably someone in Brownwood that is just jacking with you. No one could be that brazen. That had to be some kind of joke or something.:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
12-08-2008, 05:01 PM

Whoever sold you that statement is full of it. You lose your stud and you are done. B'port lost one and a half of theirs and they are done. LH may have still beaten them, but we'll never know.

I probably could if I had the inclination to go back and search old posts.....but I don't!!

I just know I have seen that on here from time to time......which I clearly stated is a position I don't agree with!!

pirate4state
12-08-2008, 05:33 PM
if i had the energy i'd clean up this thread :speech: :dispntd: looking4#8 - sorry it got to that point totally uncalled for! :mad:

tc up to his old ways :rolleyes: why am i not surprised?

garciap77
12-08-2008, 05:34 PM
For real????

Well what do ya know!!

I read over and over that the loss of one player can't hurt a team or change an outcome that much!! But....I don't believe it!!!

WOW!! That was my 30,000th post....and it was football related!!!!

:cheerl: :cheerl:

I don't believe it either!

Maximus
12-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Geez, old ways? I am just talking football. I forgot that not many of you here know much about the ACTUAL game. You do know alot about smart-alec remarks and petty bickering, though.

I thought y'all MIGHT have learned some football by now.

Forget it.

pirate4state
12-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Geez, old ways? I am just talking football. I forgot that not many of you here know much about the ACTUAL game. You do know alot about smart-alec remarks and petty bickering, though.

Forget it.
:D

Yep, we are all stupid. Maybe now you can run along! :wave:

Maximus
12-08-2008, 05:40 PM
FINALLY you are right about something.

Any more sarcasm?

Ranger Mom
12-08-2008, 05:44 PM

Forget it.

I actually did teach someone on here something about football this weekend.

He said that 2 back to back timeouts in a row couldn't be called without getting a penalty!!

I questioned it....and he came back and said you couldn't do that in the NFL anyway!!

Wait a minute....maybe I didn't teach him anything.......BUT, I already knew it!!!!:D

Maximus
12-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Lots of people get the rules of the NFL mixed in with the rules of the UIL. They always seem to know for certain they are right, too. We hear them every Friday screaming ignorant rants from the cheap seats.

Looking4number8
12-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
My guess is that Lookingfor#2 is probably someone in Brownwood that is just jacking with you. No one could be that brazen. That had to be some kind of joke or something.:rolleyes:

I am sure it is too. His only post have been about Brownwood girls athletics. His daughter must have sucked real bad or something!

pure jealous-has been I suppose!

Ranger Mom
12-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Lots of people get the rules of the NFL mixed in with the rules of the UIL. They always seem to know for certain they are right, too. We hear them every Friday screaming ignorant rants from the cheap seats.

I'm sure!!

I actually felt smart when I knew it!! :p

I have seen teams try to "ice the kicker" too many times to know that it could be done without worrying about being penalized!!

Trashman
12-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Consider me biased as always but I think Coach Wolfe and Coach Rhodes would both be awesome.

Both seem to love to be at Brownwood also.

I don't know why, but for some reason I thought he was already gone; my bad. He would be a good choice.:D I also liked Mitch Stovall. and Mitch Moore:D They will probably hire someone with strong ties to the past.

Looking4number8
12-08-2008, 06:20 PM
I also liked Mich Moore.:D

I agree with Mitch also. He would have bee great had he not taken the VP job.

By the way, thanks for bringing this thread to it original topic.

LH Panther Mom
12-08-2008, 06:35 PM

We had just over 700 students when the numbers were taken last October. Once school started in 2008, we had gained 50 students TOTAL from K-12. Maybe you should question our enrollment to TEA & UIL!

BACK on subject, it has been posted on here that the 3 Brownwood coaches resigned, which would not be the same as "heads rolling".

I will say (off topic again) that heads rolling could very well be in the future! And I'm not talking about any coach from Brownwood, either.

Maximus
12-08-2008, 06:47 PM
You should open your eyes to the truth some day, and it would set you free.

There is more to the B'wood story than you know.

But then, you know EVERYTHING, right?

WRONG.

And now...

Back to the original topic which was hijacked by a spiteful person who is supposed to be monitoring the site, Wolfe DID leave the 'wood, but went back at the last minute. BISD should at least give him a shot for his loyalty to them. He could be a HC/AD right now but decided to stick with the Lions. That should be worth something.

Looking4number8
12-08-2008, 07:01 PM
You should open your eyes to the truth some day, and it would set you free.

There is more to the B'wood story than you know.

Well then tell us what you know. I keep up with Brownwood sports 100% of the time and pretty much what has be posted is everything,

Since you might not have been around for the whole thing let me lay it out in a nutshell starting in February

Bwd moves to 3a, hopes are very high for an 8th title
bwd does well in 7 on 7, hopes are even higher
2 a days start, all looks great, hopes are still growing
vacarro moves to early, first grumbling of the season, Freeman handles it with class
Bwd whips Burnet.. all looks well
opps season goes 3-7 and fans are ticked
lots of talk on websites about Freeman cant win
DC retires
OC takes Vice Principle job
Freeman resigns due to whatever, pressure, disappointment, better job, what ever, only his family knows for sure!
Fans voice there opinions
L4#2 makes an Butthead out of himself.

and that is where we are today, anybody got any thing to add, know I think we all pretty know the whole story, tell me what I missed

Maximus
12-08-2008, 07:05 PM
You got almost everything that came out to the presses.

Hillsboro and Wolfe happened in between the move to 3A and 3-7 things for one.

But then again, I 'may not have been around' as you said. LOL!

Now, my BROTHER, who is also a coach AT BROWNWOOD knows quite a bit more. But that cannot be shared right now.

Looking4number8
12-08-2008, 07:12 PM
You got almost everything that came out to the presses.

Hillsboro and Wolfe happened in between the move to 3A and 3-7 things for one.

Now, my BROTHER, who is also a coach AT BROWNWOOD knows quite a bit more. But that cannot be shared right now.

I was not trying to be a butt, just noticed you only have only about 30 post and not sure that you knew almost everything had been posted.

obviously there are always things that happen that not everybody knows.

And your right, i should have mentioned the Coach Wolfe thing. BTW, the whole "took a HC job but decided he liked the line coach job at Brownwod better" is part of the reason I really really like him as a HC for Brownwood

Maximus
12-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Me too. He would be great for the 'wood!

I am 5th generation Howard Payne Yellowjacket, at least for my Master's. All but 1 of my passed kin are resting there. Got a few 'wood ties.

Looking4number8
12-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Me too. He would be great for the 'wood!

There really is not a Asst coach at Brownwood that I think needs to go. I would be happy for all of them to stay. I know we went 3-7 but I still like our staff!

Maximus
12-08-2008, 07:19 PM
I was surprised Steve felt he needed to go. I understand loyalty and all, but the 'dead weight' had already been cut free, so he should have stuck around.

Looking4number8
12-08-2008, 07:23 PM
I was happy either way. Would have loved for him to stay but if he felt like it was time for him to leave then I understand and support him with decision. I am pleased he did not get "let go".

If he would have stayed, I feel like he would have had a point to prove and been more motivated then ever.