PDA

View Full Version : Lady Rattlers 68 home court winning streak snapped!

HEMOTOXIC
12-05-2008, 11:56 AM
http://www.kbtx.com/sports/headlines/35553404.html

The Navasota Lady Rattlers loses their first game of the season at home to the Stafford Lady Spartans. The ladies beat Stafford in the first game of the year at Stafford.

Looks like this years team will have some work to do come district. Last year, no one came close to beating the Lady Rattlers in the Pit. That included some good 4-5A teams.

NastySlot
12-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
http://www.kbtx.com/sports/headlines/35553404.html

The Navasota Lady Rattlers loses their first game of the season at home to the Stafford Lady Spartans. The ladies beat Stafford in the first game of the year at Stafford.

Looks like this years team will have some work to do come district. Last year, no one came close to beating the Lady Rattlers in the Pit. That included some good 4-5A teams.

wow......Tommy "Pearly" Gates will right the ship......hey odd fact i bet is that the streak was stretched to 68 games....but was done in three different gyms right..the old h.s. "pit", the jr high fang gym and the new gym.

HEMOTOXIC
12-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
wow......Tommy "Pearly" Gates will right the ship......hey odd fact i bet is that the streak was stretched to 68 games....but was done in three different gyms right..the old h.s. "pit", the jr high fang gym and the new gym.

Yes, that is correct.

OldBison75
12-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Gates is probably the best girls BB in the state. The girls in Navasota have had outstanding success under him and many of his former players stay in touch with him on a regular basis. He is their coach and friend. He is tough but fair and the girls know he will give 100% to and for them.

Navasota will be fine, this is a young team in experience but very talented. They have already beat Stafford earlier in the year and just had a bad night. That is not normal for the Rattlers, but they will still be District Champs this year and probably undefeated in District.

Phil C
12-06-2008, 11:41 AM
It was bound to happen sooner or later.

HEMOTOXIC
12-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
It was bound to happen sooner or later.

You think!?:D

AggiesAreWe
12-06-2008, 11:57 AM
I know some Orangefield Lady Bobcat fans who are chuckling at this.

navscanmaster
12-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
I know some Orangefield Lady Bobcat fans who are chuckling at this.

:doh: Are they really still sore over that call? They don't remember the Lady Rattler getting hacked going to the basket for an easy layup that was missed just before that call....

mistanice
12-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I think Diboll has something to say about both teams! :D :cool:

Especially Orangefield, 4 starters from that regional tournament game against you guys remain on the team.

HEMOTOXIC
12-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
I think Diboll has something to say about both teams! :D :cool:

Especially Orangefield, 4 starters from that regional tournament game against you guys remain on the team.

Navasota is down this year, but bring em on.

HEMOTOXIC
12-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
:doh: Are they really still sore over that call? They don't remember the Lady Rattler getting hacked going to the basket for an easy layup that was missed just before that call....

Of course they don't. A bunch of sore losers. I believe half of the town turned out to see the boys play thinking they were going to get revenge for their Lady Bobcats.