PDA

View Full Version : Crabtree says he is staying at TECH for another year.

marler1972
12-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Per the Dallas Morning News

Texas Tech's Crabtree tells site he's staying

Michael Crabtree's father said Thursday he was surprised the Texas Tech All-America receiver told a Web site he planned to return to Tech next season.

Crabtree's father, also named Michael, said his son has not yet made a final decision on whether he'll enter the NFL draft or return for his junior season.

"He hasn't told me that," the elder Crabtree said. "We're pretty much leaning toward coming out. But it's up to him. If he wants to come back and win championships, I won't be mad at him."

The receiver's father said the family plans to be with him next Thursday in Orlando, Fla., at the Home Depot ESPNU College Football Awards show. Crabtree's father said he plans to sit down with his son after the show to make a decision.

"It's still up in the air right now," Crabtree's father said.

RedRaiderSports.com quoted the former Carter star as saying Thursday he planned to play another season at Tech. The Web site reported Crabtree, who has 227 catches for 3,097 yards and 40 touchdowns in two collegiate seasons, said he was "not at all" considering entering the NFL draft.

Underclassmen have until January 15th to submit their names for the draft.

marler1972
12-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Maybe this is why Leach decide to stay?

Dogman_1969
12-05-2008, 09:59 AM
He's gone........................

Too much money to loose$$$$$$$$$$$$

I expect him to be Detroit's #1 pick....................

jockcity33
12-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
He's gone........................

Too much money to loose$$$$$$$$$$$$

That would be reason enough to stay in school...and hopefully next year or even the year after that go to the NFL. Hopefully Detroit will a win a few more games and not get the number one pick.

Emerson1
12-05-2008, 10:13 AM
I heard Vince Young was for sure staying too

BobcatBenny
12-05-2008, 10:19 AM
SHHHHOOOOWWWW MEEEEEEE THE MONNEY!!!!

Emerson1
12-05-2008, 10:20 AM
When he files his evaluation papers and sees that he will make $20 million in bonuses for not doing anything on the field yet he will go.

Pick6
12-05-2008, 10:52 AM
If he stays his stock will go down with out Harrell throwing to him. He's one more game and done at TT.

Emerson1
12-05-2008, 10:54 AM
I think Cinci takes him and cuts ties with Ocho Cinco

Pick6
12-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969

Detriot better draft M. Stafford or G. Harrell. They need a QB more than they need a WR.

Hill Man
12-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
If he stays his stock will go down with out Harrell throwing to him. He's one more game and done at TT.

Nope.. Potts will be a reload at QB... Crab will get the passses..

Frankly.. if Crab leaves -- Lewis will fill that role nicely..

I not worried about Tech's offense next year or the after.. it reloads.. always had always will with Leach there. The Defense is the key

JasperDog94
12-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Hill Man
I not worried about Tech's offense next year ... I not either.:)

Emerson1
12-05-2008, 11:14 AM

I not worried about Tech's offense next year or the after.. it reloads.. always had always will with Leach there. The Defense is the key
Or more than likely they will a 4 loss season like the last time they had a new QB take over.

eagles_victory
12-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Detriot better draft M. Stafford or G. Harrell. They need a QB more than they need a WR. Detroit will not take another reciever unless Crabtree is far and away the best player out there or shockingly Bradford and Stafford decide to stay another year. I could see Crab going as high as 2 but Detroit will almost for sure take either Bradford or Stafford with the number 1 selection.

eagles_victory
12-05-2008, 11:21 AM

I not worried about Tech's offense next year or the after.. it reloads.. always had always will with Leach there. The Defense is the key The offense is still going to be good but you have to expect it to take a step back. Potts has a lot of talent but there will be an adjustment period I think like their was with Harrell (scoring 3 against TCU). Plus you take Crabtree and Morris off the recieving core its going to take a hit just because of the expierence that is being lost. Dont get me wrong the offense will still be dynamic just maybe not as dynamic.

As for the title of the thread I dont buy this for a second he isnt coming back.

Texas Cougar
12-05-2008, 11:38 AM
The NFL will have a rookie salary cap before the 2010 season. Look for a large number of underclassmen to declare for this reason.

Surely Detroit will not get close to drafting a receiver with the first pick with all the busts that they have had in the past few years.

Phil C
12-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Where have I heard something like this before and then they were gone?

westtxfballfan
12-05-2008, 11:50 AM
I don't think Crabtree stays, but I agree that Potts, Batch, Detron Lewis, 3 returning O lineman, etc., means the O will be fine even if there is a little dropoff.

All of this assuming Leach stays...

The bigger problem is the schedule. Every road game looks hazardous: At Houston, at Nebraska, at OSU, at Texas, at Baylor.

cshscougar08
12-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Detroit will not take another reciever unless Crabtree is far and away the best player out there or shockingly Bradford and Stafford decide to stay another year. I could see Crab going as high as 2 but Detroit will almost for sure take either Bradford or Stafford with the number 1 selection.

Bradford ain't going anywhere. And if Stafford is smart, he'll stay at UGA for senior season.

Pick6
12-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Bradford ain't going anywhere. And if Stafford is smart, he'll stay at UGA for senior season.

Matt Leinart showed the smart thing to do is strike while the iron is hot. It's hot this year Stafford and Bradford.

BTownVBall3
12-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Texas Cougar
The NFL will have a rookie salary cap before the 2010 season. Look for a large number of underclassmen to declare for this reason.

Surely Detroit will not get close to drafting a receiver with the first pick with all the busts that they have had in the past few years.

Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams? . . Busts? Joking?

cshscougar08
12-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Matt Leinart showed the smart thing to do is strike while the iron is hot. It's hot this year Stafford and Bradford.

Bradford still won't leave. He may after next year. But not this year.

Texasfootball2
12-05-2008, 12:22 PM
I think it totally depends on each players circumstances. Lienert came from a very affluent familiy and the $$$$ was not a motivator. Some of the players we are talking about may have come from backgrounds where they can seriously help their family by coming out now and taking the big pay day. Others who don't need the $$$$$ might chose to stay and try to win a National Championship. If OU wins the NC, I think Bradford will come out, if they don't he may come back for another shot. Stafford, I think will come out and be the first QB taken. From reading the article I think Crabtrees father is pushing him towards the NFL and with the possible salary cap in 2010, it think the $$$$ will be to much to turn down.

coach
12-05-2008, 01:02 PM
if leach leaves crabtree is gone and from the look of things leach wont be there next yr

WestTxschwab
12-05-2008, 01:22 PM
vince young said the same thing before he found out how much money was waiting for him...

he's gone...

eagles_victory
12-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Bradford ain't going anywhere. And if Stafford is smart, he'll stay at UGA for senior season. Why would Stafford say if he is smart he is a for sure top ten pick probably top five why would it be smart to stay? How do you know Bradfords staying again why stay when your a for sure top ten pick?

Electus Unus
12-05-2008, 01:39 PM
If Bradford was smart he should jump ship. He loses 4 of 5 starting offensive linemen, 2 of the starting receivers, and most likely Gresham.

There is no reason for why Crabtree should stay. Two Biletnikoff awards and no chance at a Heisman because it has become a honorary quarterback award leaves you to believe there is nothing he could improve on.

DDBooger
12-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Bradford still won't leave. He may after next year. But not this year. sounds like you're hoping rather than analyzing, the kid will find out his worth and then we'll see. If he's a projected 1st rounder, I'd place my bet on him leaving.