PDA

View Full Version : Are you DTV ready?

Emerson1
12-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Well, are you?

poisoned10
12-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Yep._ Got Direct TV._ Besides, both of my TV's already have the digital tuner built into them._ Atleast that's what I've been told.

Necks_Fan
12-05-2008, 05:01 PM
I got the Dish HD package with Tivo. I like it alot.:)

Trashman
12-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Got the Dish!:D :D :D

blowfish
12-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Dish dosent have Tivo.

Also technically Direct Tv and Dish customers are not getting the locals in HD. The local channels in most markets are still transmitting in analog and Direct/Dish send back down as analog that is why Fox in Abilene looks like crap.

February 17 all channels will be digital so Direct and Dish should be okay. But knowing these corporations like I do I wouldnt be surprised if a channel or two is off the air for a few days or weeks.

SWMustang
12-06-2008, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by blowfish
Dish dosent have Tivo.

Also technically Direct Tv and Dish customers are not getting the locals in HD. The local channels in most markets are still transmitting in analog and Direct/Dish send back down as analog that is why Fox in Abilene looks like crap.

February 17 all channels will be digital so Direct and Dish should be okay. But knowing these corporations like I do I wouldnt be surprised if a channel or two is off the air for a few days or weeks.

The top 100 markets are prolly transmitted in HD

Diocletian
12-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
Dish dosent have Tivo.

Very true, I have DirecTV with the local channels. They appear very muggy and look like crap compared to all the others....and no HD for them.

I submited a request to get the New York local channels, since they are in HD and only Fox was approved, so I can watch Fox now in HD, but none of the others.

Emerson1
12-07-2008, 02:31 PM
If you want local channels in HD just plug in a antenna and get them over the air.

blowfish
12-09-2008, 09:27 PM
I actually get KRBC (NBC) KTAB (CBS) and KTXS (ABC) with the rabbit ears in HD. The local fox channel refuses to go digital until Feb 17. The cowboy games sux on that channel very very dark with horizontal lines, and the sound is horrible.

waterboy
12-11-2008, 09:20 AM
I've got a couple of questions:

Is television just going digital, or is going completely high-definition? What format will they go, 720p or 1080p?

TMer25
12-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I've got a couple of questions:

Is television just going digital, or is going completely high-definition? What format will they go, 720p or 1080p?

All stations will be going digital but not all will be going HD, but seems most will.

They will be going 720p or 1080i. Depends on the networks choice

waterboy
12-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
All stations will be going digital but not all will be going HD, but seems most will.

They will be going 720p or 1080i. Depends on the networks choice
Thanks. I wonder if it really costs that much more for stations to go HD? I would think that TV stations would want the best technology available to stay ahead of the competition. I didn't think it would be a step-by-step process. This country has a long way to go before it catches up with other countries, such as Japan, in television technology. Japan has had HD for several years now, haven't they?

TMer25
12-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks. I wonder if it really costs that much more for stations to go HD? I would think that TV stations would want the best technology available to stay ahead of the competition. I didn't think it would be a step-by-step process. This country has a long way to go before it catches up with other countries, such as Japan, in television technology. Japan has had HD for several years now, haven't they?

It's a decent little investment for stations. The first commercial hd broadcasts in North America were in 1996

Necks_Fan
12-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Well, if it ain't called tivo.... it's pretty much the same thing. I really couldn't care less what the ACTUAL name is.

Emerson1
12-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Well, if it ain't called tivo.... it's pretty much the same thing. I really couldn't care less what the ACTUAL name is.
DVR is DVR

Emerson1
12-11-2008, 05:49 PM

The WWE spent $20 million to update their broadcast studio when they went to HD last year.