PDA

View Full Version : Bcs Declares Germany Winner Of World War Ii

DaHop72
12-04-2008, 10:37 AM
NEW BCS POLL.

BCS DECLARES GERMANY WINNER OF WORLD WAR II
US Ranked 4th

After determining the Big-12 championship game participants the BCS computers were put to work on other major contests and today the BCS declared Germany to be the winner of World War II.

"Germany put together an incredible number of victories beginning with the annexation of Austria and the Sudetenland and continuing on into conference play with defeats of Poland, France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands. Their only losses came against the US and Russia; however considering their entire body of work--including an incredibly tough Strength of Schedule--our computers deemed them worthy of the #1 ranking."

Questioned about the #4 ranking of the United States the BCS commissioner stated "The US only had two major victories--Japan and Germany. The computer models, unlike humans, aren't influenced by head-to-head contests--they consider each contest to be only a single, equally-weighted event."

German Chancellor Adolph Hiter said "Yes, we lost to the US; but we defeated #2 ranked France in only 6 weeks." Herr Hitler has been criticized for seeking dramatic victories to earn 'style points' to enhance Germany's rankings. Hitler protested "Our contest with Poland was in doubt until the final day and the conditions in Norway were incredibly challenging and demanded the application of additional forces."

The French ranking has also come under scrutiny. The BCS commented " France had a single loss against Germany and following a preseason #1 ranking they only fell to #2."

Japan was ranked #3 with victories including Manchuria, Borneo and the Philippines

LH_Tuff
12-04-2008, 10:50 AM
:clap:

Black_Magic
12-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
NEW BCS POLL.

US Ranked 4th

After determining the Big-12 championship game participants the BCS computers were put to work on other major contests and today the BCS declared Germany to be the winner of World War II.

"Germany put together an incredible number of victories beginning with the annexation of Austria and the Sudetenland and continuing on into conference play with defeats of Poland, France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands. Their only losses came against the US and Russia; however considering their entire body of work--including an incredibly tough Strength of Schedule--our computers deemed them worthy of the #1 ranking."

Questioned about the #4 ranking of the United States the BCS commissioner stated "The US only had two major victories--Japan and Germany. The computer models, unlike humans, aren't influenced by head-to-head contests--they consider each contest to be only a single, equally-weighted event."

German Chancellor Adolph Hiter said "Yes, we lost to the US; but we defeated #2 ranked France in only 6 weeks." Herr Hitler has been criticized for seeking dramatic victories to earn 'style points' to enhance Germany's rankings. Hitler protested "Our contest with Poland was in doubt until the final day and the conditions in Norway were incredibly challenging and demanded the application of additional forces."

The French ranking has also come under scrutiny. The BCS commented " France had a single loss against Germany and following a preseason #1 ranking they only fell to #2."

Japan was ranked #3 with victories including Manchuria, Borneo and the Philippines Il bet OU ranked 5th.. Funny.

STANG RED
12-04-2008, 10:56 AM
So where did the Swiss finish? They declared neutrality early on, didn’t have to suffer a defeat, didn’t get all their stuff blown up, and came out smelling like a rose in the end. That had to score some very high wuss out points from the geniuses’ over at the BCS committee. ;)

Sudetenland???:confused: I'm not taking the time to look this up, but is this the Swiss? If so, I guess they could be called co-champs. If not, then nevermind. :D

Well my curiousity got the better of me, so here it is.
Sudetenland (Czech and Slovak: Sudety, Polish: Kraj Sudetów) is the German name used in English in the first half of the 20th century for the western regions of Czechoslovakia inhabited mostly by ethnic Germans, specifically the border areas of Bohemia, Moravia, and those parts of Silesia associated with Bohemia.

The name is derived from the Sudeten mountains, though the Sudetenland extended beyond these mountains which run along the border to Silesia and contemporary Poland. The German inhabitants were called Sudeten Germans (German: Sudetendeutsche, Czech: Sudetští Nìmci, Polish: Niemcy Sudeccy). The German minority in Slovakia, the Carpathian Germans, is not included in this ethnic category.

Who knew?:doh:

SWMustang
12-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
So where did the Swiss finish? They declared neutrality early on, didn’t have to suffer a defeat, didn’t get all their stuff blown up, and came out smelling like a rose in the end. That had to score some very high wuss out points from the geniuses’ over at the BCS committee. ;)

Sudetenland???:confused: I'm not taking the time to look this up, but is this the Swiss? If so, I guess they could be called co-champs. If not, then nevermind. :D

Switzerland was in a non-BCS conference. :D

crzyjournalist03
12-04-2008, 10:59 AM

Switzerland is like the Ball State of WWII...sure they went undefeated, but look at their schedule...they ended up ranked around 14, behind places like Nagasaki that performed well and had only one blowout loss.

Red&White_9x5
12-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Would Tech be the Japan of WWII?

STANG RED
12-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
Would Tech be the Japan of WWII?

Yeah, I think the OU bomb did them in.:(

Twirling Time
12-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Switzerland is Notre Dame.

NastySlot
12-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
Switzerland is Notre Dame.

Great Britain is the university of texas

poisoned10
12-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Well done!

:clap:

Keith7
12-04-2008, 03:53 PM
I guess that means that the U.S. lost to Texas T. uhem, Japan at the end of the war huh?

crzyjournalist03
12-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I guess that means that the U.S. lost to Texas T. uhem, Japan at the end of the war huh?

Nope...I believe the event you are referring to is known as Pearl Harbor.

Keith7
12-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Nope...I believe the event you are referring to is known as Pearl Harbor.

So when is Texas going to go and nuke Lubbock?

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2008, 04:07 PM

Have you seen Lubbock? Looks like someone already did

JasperDog94
12-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Nope...I believe the event you are referring to is known as Pearl Harbor. Bravo!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Keith7
12-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Bravo!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

why would you applaud something that doesn't make sense?

Emerson1
12-04-2008, 04:30 PM
I guess the nuke would be Texas going to a BCS bowl while Texas Tech gets the cotton bowl. In the end the better team/nation came out with a better result

Necks_Fan
12-04-2008, 04:31 PM
why would you applaud something that doesn't make sense? Why does everything that you say, or type, make no sense?

crzyjournalist03
12-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Why does everything that you say, or type, make no sense?

http://partlytruthpartlyfiction.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/pot-calling-the-kettle-black-734818.jpg

:p :D ;)

crzyjournalist03
12-04-2008, 05:09 PM

Wait...

You actually think that the rest of this thread DOES make sense??? :evil: :taunt:

Necks_Fan
12-04-2008, 05:13 PM
http://partlytruthpartlyfiction.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/pot-calling-the-kettle-black-734818.jpg

:p :D ;) It's my RIGHT!

And some of what I say makes sense sometimes.

I guess that's better than never making sense at all right?

Who-dun-it!!?
12-04-2008, 05:36 PM
:confused:

RMAC
12-04-2008, 05:49 PM
In a sense OU is like the Brits in that they had to get help from the US(Tech) to take care of the evil German(UT) Empire. . . but in the end the Germans just cried about it all and said they had no idea what kind of guy Hitler was.:p Anybody looking forward to the new Tom Cruise movie, "Valkyrie" about the plot by German officers to assassinate Mack Brown, oh, sorry, I mean Hitler.:D

SWMustang
12-04-2008, 05:55 PM

It makes sense - Tech's win is equated to Japan's victory at pearl harbor...

SWMustang
12-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
In a sense OU is like the Brits in that they had to get help from the US(Tech) to take care of the evil German(UT) Empire. . . but in the end the Germans just cried about it all and said they had no idea what kind of guy Hitler was.:p Anybody looking forward to the new Tom Cruise movie, "Valkyrie" about the plot by German officers to assassinate Mack Brown, oh, sorry, I mean Hitler.:D

ME! Say what you will about the Nazi's, but they did have cool uniforms...

slpybear the bullfan
12-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by RMAC

Methinks that Florida is like the Soviet Union. At the end, they were ready to take on anyone and tear 'em up.

RMAC
12-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Methinks that Florida is like the Soviet Union. At the end, they were ready to take on anyone and tear 'em up.

Ha, yeah, and USC, to me, is a lot like France. When the dust settled, they just wanted somebody to give a damn about them.:D

NastySlot
12-04-2008, 07:34 PM
so who woulld be poland? the aggies??????

NastySlot
12-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot

almost the same jokes...right????

charlesrixey
12-04-2008, 07:52 PM
\

Well my curiousity got the better of me, so here it is.
Sudetenland (Czech and Slovak: Sudety, Polish: Kraj Sudetów) is the German name used in English in the first half of the 20th century for the western regions of Czechoslovakia inhabited mostly by ethnic Germans, specifically the border areas of Bohemia, Moravia, and those parts of Silesia associated with Bohemia.

The name is derived from the Sudeten mountains, though the Sudetenland extended beyond these mountains which run along the border to Silesia and contemporary Poland. The German inhabitants were called Sudeten Germans (German: Sudetendeutsche, Czech: Sudetští Nìmci, Polish: Niemcy Sudeccy). The German minority in Slovakia, the Carpathian Germans, is not included in this ethnic category.

Who knew?:doh:

the sudetenland was the strip of land between germany and the rest of czechoslovakia

in 1938 Hitler annexed it, as a test to see the reaction of the other european powers as germany flexed its muscles for the first big time since WWI

based on this, and Chamberlain's "appeasement" strategy that resulted, gave Hitler the confidence to invade poland the next year, knowing that the allies were not in a mood or position to muster a strong resistance at that point in time

:)

i realize this is not football, but there's no doubt Texas will either win or share the national title:)

WylieBulldog92
12-04-2008, 08:04 PM
No North Texas...

Necks_Fan
12-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
It makes sense - Tech's win is equated to Japan's victory at pearl harbor... If you want to take it even further, it makes even more sense because then they both preceded to get completely blown off the map.

:doh: :D

handNthedirt
12-04-2008, 10:26 PM

obviously not til harrell and crabtree leave lubbock.

piratebg
12-04-2008, 10:30 PM
This is freakin HILARIOUS :D

Looking4number8
12-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
NEW BCS POLL.

US Ranked 4th

Japan was ranked #3 with victories including Manchuria, Borneo and the Philippines

Originally posted by piratebg
This is freakin HILARIOUS :D

:iagree: Dahop... very creative! One of my all time favorite post on the downlow!

NastySlot
12-05-2008, 12:27 PM
did the original poster come up with this himself?....i just got it as an email from a coaching buddy of mine.

DaHop72
12-05-2008, 03:13 PM
did the original poster come up with this himself?....i just got it as an email from a coaching buddy of mine. No I didn't, received it in an email just like you did and shared it here.

Maximus
12-08-2008, 04:54 PM
GERMANY WINNER OF WORLD WAR II
US Ranked 4th

" Germany put together an incredible number of victories beginning with the annexation of Austria and the Sudetenland and continuing on into conference play with defeats of Poland , France , Norway , Sweden , Denmark , Belgium and the Netherlands . Their only losses came against the US and Russia; however considering their entire body of work--including an incredibly tough Strength of Schedule--our computers deemed them worthy of the #1 ranking."

Questioned about the #4 ranking of the United States the BCS commissioner stated "The US only had two major victories-- Japan and Germany . The computer models, unlike humans, aren't influenced by head-to-head contests--they consider each contest to be only a single, equally-weighted event."

German Chancellor Adolph Hiter said "Yes, we lost to the US ; but we defeated #2 ranked France in only 6 weeks." Herr Hitler has been criticized for seeking dramatic victories to earn 'style points' to enhance Germany 's rankings. Hitler protested "Our contest with Poland was in doubt until the final day and the conditions in Norway were incredibly challenging and demanded the application of additional forces."

Japan was ranked #3 with victories including Manchuria, Borneo and the Philippines .

What a System!! Strenght of Schedule must have been affected by the Eastern Front.

Necks_Fan
12-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Wow...... this is late.

Keith7
12-08-2008, 05:03 PM
:doh:

Maximus
12-08-2008, 05:04 PM
...but still funny.

ronwx5x
12-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
...but still funny.

Was funny the first time it was posted, not second time.

Maximus
12-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Sure it is. But, so was Tech's performance against OU.

JR2004
12-08-2008, 05:07 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90183

ronwx5x
Sure it is. But, so was Tech's performance against OU.

At least we played them. I'm neither a player nor a student, just an alum. If that's all you got, go away and grow up.

jason
lame

Necks_Fan
12-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Lol. the respones on thsi thread are priceless.

Way to welcome the new guy...... :doh:

Seriously bro.... this thread was doomed from the get-go.

pirate4state
12-08-2008, 05:18 PM
merge

Necks_Fan
12-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Lol. It got merged.

:doh:

Maximus
12-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
At least we played them. I'm neither a player nor a student, just an alum. If that's all you got, go away and grow up.

I am an alum of the The University's Centennial Class, but thanks anyway.

Thanks also for the merge. I missed the thread the first time, but I am not new.:cool:

pirate4state
12-08-2008, 05:37 PM
I am an alum of the The University's Centennial Class, but thanks anyway.

Thanks also for the merge. I missed the thread the first time, but I am not new.:cool:

We know you aren't new. Frankly, I'm surprised you came back after all the nasty things you had to say about us in words & pictures! :rolleyes:

Maximus
12-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Please, get your facts straight. Do not confuse me with your boyfriend B!

Necks_Fan
12-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Aug 2008... I'd say that's pretty new.

20 posts... yep... I'd say that's pretty new.

Maximus
12-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Aug 2008... I'd say that's pretty new.

20 posts... yep... I'd say that's pretty new.

Then you'd be wrong. Just ask the ladies in charge. What difference does it make? I was just trying to discuss facts about a great game coming up. Doesn't seem like that is what matters here.

goosealaniz
12-09-2008, 11:21 AM
This thread is freaking hilarious!!!!!!! :) :D :D :D :D :)