PDA

View Full Version : Boise State deserves to play in the Fiesta.

carter08
12-03-2008, 07:35 PM
and here is why.

Fiesta's going to end up having to choose between Ohio State (10-2), Boise State (12-0), and TCU (10-2).

Mountain West is tougher than the Big 10 this year. But, name recognition and TCU is out.

Boise State has beaten more bowl eligible teams than Ohio State. In fact, of the top 14 in the BCS, no one has beaten more bowl eligible teams.

8-0 against bowl eligible teams versus a 4-2 record by Ohio State.

Ohio State has lost its last 2 BCS games. Boise is 1-0 in BCS Bowl Games.

Boise State beat a Big 12 team. In the Fiesta Bowl. They would likely play Texas, barring a Missouri victory.

Ohio State lost 35-3 to USC. USC lost by 6 to Oregon State. Oregon State lost to Oregon. Oregon lost to Boise State. Boise State has not lost.

BSU beat Fresno State who beat UCLA who beat Tennessee who beat Mississippi State who beat Vanderbilt who beat Ole Miss who beat Florida. (Over 5000 posts and that may be the biggest stretch I've ever made)

Go Broncos!

TheDOCTORdre
12-03-2008, 07:38 PM
I agree!!!

headhunter
12-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Boise State deserves to be in a BCS game.

LionKing
12-03-2008, 09:28 PM
I agree with everyone.
But, it's all about money, Ohio State brings large fan base and media bias, along with their long history of being a top College program.
For Boise State, they need to join a BCS conference, probably the Pac 10, so they can compete top to bottom on a weekly basis with those schools, it's one thing to play and beat one BCS conference team, it's another to play them week in and week out, I do believe this season that Boise would be a top 2 or 3 Pac 10 team because how weak the Pac 10 is this year, but until they can jump to a BCS conference, they're gonna be on the outside looking in for most years for a BCS bowl.

alaskacat
12-03-2008, 09:55 PM
After beating Oklahoma I think they have earned a little love, unless the BCS thought hey gqave Oklahoma a patsy which bit thier butt.

I doubt they give them a chance to prove it again because they would beat Oklahoma again, or Texas.

Go Broncos!

I still have the Fiesta bowl and watch the 4th quarter every time I get depressed:)

LionKing
12-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
After beating Oklahoma I think they have earned a little love, unless the BCS thought hey gqave Oklahoma a patsy which bit thier butt.

I doubt they give them a chance to prove it again because they would beat Oklahoma again, or Texas.

Go Broncos!

I still have the Fiesta bowl and watch the 4th quarter every time I get depressed:) I was very happy what Boise did to OU, the trouble now is that Boise can no longer ''sneak'' up on an OU or Texas because of them beating OU 2 years ago, although possible, it would be very difficult for them to beat either two now.

DDBooger
12-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
I was very happy what Boise did to OU, the trouble now is that Boise can no longer ''sneak'' up on an OU or Texas because of them beating OU 2 years ago, although possible, it would be very difficult for them to beat either two now. they didn't sneak up on OU, they just outplayed them.

WylieBulldog92
12-04-2008, 08:17 AM
I was very happy what Boise did to OU, the trouble now is that Boise can no longer ''sneak'' up on an OU or Texas because of them beating OU 2 years ago, although possible, it would be very difficult for them to beat either two now.
I don't think its good idea to have the same quotes and thoughts of an ESPN analysts right now, people believe they are wrong over half the time and OU had the 4 or 5 weeks to prepare for BSU it's not like they didn't know what was coming?

LionKing
12-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
they didn't sneak up on OU, they just outplayed them. No, you're wrong, they outcoached them, outsmarted them, then outplayed them. Oh, then outscored them in the end.

LionKing
12-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
I don't think its good idea to have the same quotes and thoughts of an ESPN analysts right now, people believe they are wrong over half the time and OU had the 4 or 5 weeks to prepare for BSU it's not like they didn't know what was coming? They didn't know what was coming, OU thought they could just show up and Boise would go away, they didn't, now they're etched in BCS history.

TigerDaddy
12-04-2008, 10:53 AM
I agree

crzyjournalist03
12-04-2008, 11:01 AM
I know that it ultimately comes down to money, but don't TV ratings play a big part of that?

Personally, I've seen enough Texas-Ohio State games over the last few years, and the novelty has definitely worn off. I'm not sure that I'd even tune into that. Now, you put Boise State against Texas, and I'm all over that.

DDBooger
12-04-2008, 11:11 AM
No, you're wrong, they outcoached them, outsmarted them, then outplayed them. Oh, then outscored them in the end. semantics, you got the gist! ;)

Dogman_1969
12-04-2008, 12:13 PM
With all the boomer sooner folks singing the oklahoma fight song why not just let them have another crack at Boise State? Oh wait, they may not want that again.......

\m/ Hookem \m/
Headed for an uncrowned 2008 National Champs

eagles_victory
12-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Boise has 1 win of note the whole season and that was beating Oregon at Autzen which is a nice win but keep in mind same Oregon team had to go to OT to beat Purdue a Big Ten (which everyone is so down on) team who is near the bottom of that conference. People want to say Boise should be there because they are undefeated I bet there are 35 teams in the country who could of went undefeated against the teams they played. The BCS doesnt care about past results in bowl games so the OU win won't make much difference if past results mattered no way OU would be over UT.

There was a lot of talk about a Boise Ball St game if Boise missed the BCS but now they are saying that is highly unlikely.

WylieBulldog92
12-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Boise has 1 win of note the whole season and that was beating Oregon at Autzen which is a nice win but keep in mind same Oregon team had to go to OT to beat Purdue a Big Ten (which everyone is so down on) team who is near the bottom of that conference. People want to say Boise should be there because they are undefeated I bet there are 35 teams in the country who could of went undefeated against the teams they played. The BCS doesnt care about past results in bowl games so the OU win won't make much difference if past results mattered no way OU would be over UT.

There was a lot of talk about a Boise Ball St game if Boise missed the BCS but now they are saying that is highly unlikely.

The reason they wouldn't play Ball State is because they match the description of the teams you described in the first paragraph!

OrangeChamps
12-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Anyone who runs the hook & ladder and the statue of liberty in one series should definitly be in a BCS bowl. Just for entertainment purposes.

I mean what's next the boomerooski, the hideout, seriously the possibilities are endless with Peterson.

thumptbh
12-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by carter08
and here is why.

Fiesta's going to end up having to choose between Ohio State (10-2), Boise State (12-0), and TCU (10-2).

Mountain West is tougher than the Big 10 this year. But, name recognition and TCU is out.

Boise State has beaten more bowl eligible teams than Ohio State. In fact, of the top 14 in the BCS, no one has beaten more bowl eligible teams.

8-0 against bowl eligible teams versus a 4-2 record by Ohio State.

Ohio State has lost its last 2 BCS games. Boise is 1-0 in BCS Bowl Games.

Boise State beat a Big 12 team. In the Fiesta Bowl. They would likely play Texas, barring a Missouri victory.

Ohio State lost 35-3 to USC. USC lost by 6 to Oregon State. Oregon State lost to Oregon. Oregon lost to Boise State. Boise State has not lost.

BSU beat Fresno State who beat UCLA who beat Tennessee who beat Mississippi State who beat Vanderbilt who beat Ole Miss who beat Florida. (Over 5000 posts and that may be the biggest stretch I've ever mader.

Go Broncos!

Wouldnt Utah be considered for this spot also? They put TCU in the regular season, beat Oregon St. who beat USC this year, not to mention BYU who was considered the strongest of the Non-BCS conference teams at the beginning. I think Utah is more deserving this year than Boise St. I think Utah had the harder schedule and fought through it and now they deserve there shot. Possibly Boise could get a shot at the Sugar Bowl with Oregon St losing this past week, or maybe Utah will go there and Boise to the Fiesta. Who wants to see Ohio St in a bowl game anyway?:D