PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed in Arp,Troup and Overton

orange machine
12-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Just found this out

Tonight in the Overton Xmas parade A car ran thru the barricades hitting 7 Boy scouts and possibly killing one. They are being carried by life flight as of now and the total of injuries as not been acounted for as of yet.

eagles_victory
12-03-2008, 07:10 PM
I think this actually happened on Monday night it was on the news here... defintely sad news

orange machine
12-03-2008, 07:13 PM
I heard that all the boys are doing much better except for a boy named Colby who has been flown to Dallas. Report that i got was he was doing well and slippedoff into a coma and is not doing good. Also the driver was a 82 year old man who turned his drivers license over and stated that he did not want to drive anymore. So keep the boys and the older man in your prayers.

Gobbla2001
12-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Also the driver was a 82 year old man who turned his drivers license over and stated that he did not want to drive anymore. So keep the boys and the older man in your prayers.

if this is the same thing I heard about on the radio today, the man was charged with reckless driving and released on 500 dollars bond (which probably only ran him around 50 bucks)...

in Texas, reckless driving is almost like a DWI when it comes to the initial arrest and punishment, you have your license pulled regardless and if it's the first offense it will be suspended 90 days (after a 40 day grace-period)... that's just the base of it... depending on the situation, most reckless driving charges do not carry the probation/community restitution and higher fines that a DWI would...

OldBison75
12-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Prayers are flowing from Navasota for those injured and the families affected. Also prayers for the man that caused this tragedy, as he has to live with the damage he has done.

Gobbla2001
12-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Prayers are flowing from Navasota for those injured and the families affected. Also prayers for the man that caused this tragedy, as he has to live with the damage he has done.

for sure the man who did it as well... that can't be a good feelin'...