PDA

View Full Version : Mike Leach interviewing at Washington?????

TinyTim
12-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Anyone have any information? I can't see him as a Husky.

BOCEPHUS
12-03-2008, 02:43 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:devil:

GetRDoneStangs
12-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by TinyTim

KFYO radio from Lubbock has been reporting it all morning and they did verify he has spoken with U of W......:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

pirate4state
12-03-2008, 02:45 PM
probably just trying to get more $$$$$$$$

BOCEPHUS
12-03-2008, 02:45 PM
HE BE CLOSER TO THE WATER SO HE CAN LAUNCH HIS VESSEL:evilgrin:

BobcatBenny
12-03-2008, 03:01 PM
I think the guy is an insane genius.

He would tear the PAC 10 to shreds.

Remember when Cal was belly aching about not getting to play in the National Championship game ... and instead they got Tech in the Holiday Bowl? Ouch.

duckhunter
12-03-2008, 03:05 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6143711.html

lostaussie
12-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I think the guy is an insane genius.

[/i] never truer words spoken.............insane genius pretty much hits it on the head.

RMAC
12-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
probably just trying to get more $$$$$$$$

He's slated to get $2.4 million next year. . . how much more does he think he could get there? I don't think U-Dub can match that. I've heard a lot of UW alums have had to cut back on donations due to the downturn in the economy trickling down to the types of markets they have in the NW. While the economy might be down, it's not as bad here in Texas, and thus, alumni aren't holding back on donations just yet. Heck, we raised $28 million for a project that was supposed to cost $25 million in a little over 4 months. That should be some sort of indicator as to how the alumni are doing finacialy right now.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by TinyTim

ARRRRRRGGGHHHH

It's for the booty

3afan
12-03-2008, 06:27 PM
what more can he accomplish in Lubbock?

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
what more can he accomplish in Lubbock?

Maybe win a Big 12 championship to start with

Buccaneer
12-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Auburn is calling Leach now!

Emerson1
12-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
This year came and went

duckhunter
12-03-2008, 06:51 PM
its amazing, leech has one good year at tech when he is ranked in top-5 and wins big twelve, etc and all this people think he is the next great college coach. true his teams always score points, but imo he is no better than june jones. just look at what he accomplished this year at smu. true it will take a while to get his style of players there at smu, but leech has been at tech for quite some time and it took him this long to get a good defense and an actual running game going. imo next year, and the year after, and so on and on his teams will be back to normal to where they still score, but yet arent good enough defensivly to win the games that really matter.

one good year doesnt make a coach

eagles_victory
12-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
its amazing, leech has one good year at tech when he is ranked in top-5 and wins big twelve, I guess I missed the last part where they won the big 12

3afan
12-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud

no, he can't

STANG RED
12-03-2008, 07:14 PM
its amazing, leech has one good year at tech when he is ranked in top-5 and wins big twelve, etc and all this people think he is the next great college coach. true his teams always score points, but imo he is no better than june jones. just look at what he accomplished this year at smu. true it will take a while to get his style of players there at smu, but leech has been at tech for quite some time and it took him this long to get a good defense and an actual running game going. imo next year, and the year after, and so on and on his teams will be back to normal to where they still score, but yet arent good enough defensivly to win the games that really matter.

He has had several good years, if you'll just take a look. And he has managed to do it without the high profile recruits that OU, UT, ATM, and most others in the Big 12 can get. I think its amazing what he has accomplished without near the number of bluechippers those other schools get year in and year out. Give him a complete team of the talent the likes of what UT or OU has, and I dont know how he could ever lose a game.

duckhunter
12-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I guess I missed the last part where they won the big 12 big twelve south, might as well be the whole damn thing

eagles_victory
12-03-2008, 07:38 PM
big twelve south, might as well be the whole damn thing When did they win the big 12 south? I thought that was Oklahoma

wildstangs
12-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Don't see the Pirate leaving the plains, although Seattle would be better for launching his ship. Also hear the insane genius is a huge coffee lover, maybe a lifetime supply of Starbucks could swing the deal.

I really think this was Leech's year at Tech, and how far is he going? The Cotton Bowl. If Washington could pony up the money, he would be a fool not to leave. He will never out recruit Texas and Oklahoma here. On the West Coast, he could take everything that USC doesn't take. In a few years he would be beating everyone in the Pac 10 besides USC, and would even knock them off every couple of years. Much better shot at making a BCS bowl.

Necks_Fan
12-03-2008, 08:49 PM
When did they win the big 12 south? I thought that was Oklahoma Lol.

What is that guy talking about?

TTU didn't win anything.

raider red 2000
12-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

TTU didn't win anything.

i am pretty sure there is a trophy for winning the big 12 south....there will be one in lubbock, austin, and norman.

Pmoney
12-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Don't see the Pirate leaving the plains, although Seattle would be better for launching his ship. Also hear the insane genius is a huge coffee lover, maybe a lifetime supply of Starbucks could swing the deal.

I really think this was Leech's year at Tech, and how far is he going? The Cotton Bowl. If Washington could pony up the money, he would be a fool not to leave. He will never out recruit Texas and Oklahoma here. On the West Coast, he could take everything that USC doesn't take. In a few years he would be beating everyone in the Pac 10 besides USC, and would even knock them off every couple of years. Much better shot at making a BCS bowl.

you are right about never out recruiting texas or ou...but he can win every game but the usc game at uw and he still wont ever get the recognition that he is this year at ttu...because everyone knows the pac 10 is weak...and duckhunter leach has had many good years at tech and he has taken them from a avg team to a great team

lakers
12-03-2008, 09:17 PM

blah blah blah...:blahblah:
Are you talking out of your a$$, because it really sounds like it.:taunt:

Bubba-Joe
12-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Big 12 south tri=champs with tu and tu north

wildstangs
12-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
you are right about never out recruiting texas or ou...but he can win every game but the usc game at uw and he still wont ever get the recognition that he is this year at ttu...because everyone knows the pac 10 is weak...and duckhunter leach has had many good years at tech and he has taken them from a avg team to a great team

He has done great things at Tech, just think he has reached as high as its going to get. I think Tech has proven they can't beat BOTH Texas and OU in the same year. If you cant do that, you can't make it to the Big 12 championship and BCS championship. At Washington, he would get to beat up on the weak pac 10, and would probably beat USC 1 out of every 3 years. As long as he didn't blow games to Stanford, WSU, and Arizona like he has done with Tech (New Mexico, TCU, Okie State) and could beat USC on occassion, he would at worse go to the Rose Bowl, and possible BCS championship games.

Like I said, it will have to be a GREAT deal for him to leave an 11-1 team to an 0-11 place. But, I think he has reached his max at Tech, and the AD has basically taken a crap on him by not giving him his extension early in the season.

duckhunter
12-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Lol.

What is that guy talking about?

TTU didn't win anything. tech DID win the south along with ut, and ou. ou is just going to the title game cause they r ranked higher in the bcs. do some research before you start making fun of people.

duckhunter
12-03-2008, 10:56 PM
When did they win the big 12 south? I thought that was Oklahoma they won it in 2008.

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Interviewing? LOL! That's a far cry from "He's taking the Washington job". :doh: :doh:

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Interviewing? LOL! That's a far cry from "He's taking the Washington job". :doh: :doh:

That depends on how many are on the short list

Gobbla2001
12-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Why wouldn't he leave? Harrel and Crabtree are goners... and the talk about him being a high-profile coach isn't just coming up, it's been out for quite some time, even before this season...

I hate the guy because he's beat my Horns twice this decade, but he's a damn good coach and anyone will throw money at him...

was listening on the radio today... washington's gunna try to up Tech no matter the cost... not much recently, but usually Washington is a top 3 team in that confrence with a good number of Rose Bowl trips... why wouldn't Leach take it? He gets USC's leftovers...

Gobbla2001
12-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
He gets USC's leftovers...

oops, hope the NHL doesn't suspend me for that

Gobbla2001
12-04-2008, 12:12 AM

I hate the guy because he's beat my Horns twice this decade

actually, if it wasn't for that, I'm pretty sure I'd join the dude's fan-club and go to all of their meet and greets and stuff... the dude really cracks me up... college football is a better place because of his personality...

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-04-2008, 12:32 AM
actually, if it wasn't for that, I'm pretty sure I'd join the dude's fan-club and go to all of their meet and greets and stuff... the dude really cracks me up... college football is a better place because of his personality...

haha are you quoting yourself now?

Pmoney
12-04-2008, 02:56 AM
oops, hope the NHL doesn't suspend me for that
haha nice(he shouldn't have been suspended imo)...wildstang i believe he can beat Texas and OU in the same season...it didnt happen this season but he is going up against two heisman candidates(sp?), ya i know he has two on his team as well but those two qbs are going to be great NFL qbs so i can see why they couldn't beat both teams and also this year in the south was brutal on teams UT and TTU had murder row with multiple top 25 teams in a row and OU played UT, TTU, and OSU...and yes harrell and crabtree are gone after this year but they have potts, who will surprise a lot of people, and Lewis, who could be near, i said near, crabtree's talent, and who knows maybe potts and leong could get their rhythm back that they had in hs at abilene...and this season will bring in more recruits as well

BOCEPHUS
12-04-2008, 05:43 AM
MAYBE HE JUST NEEDS A NEW SHIP, HE GO OUT THAR, TALK TO THEM RAIN PEOPLE A WHILE, COME BACK TO WEST TEXAS AND SUMBODY MAY'U DUN FOUND OUT A WAY TO "FINANCE" A NEW SHIP........KNOE WHAT I MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOCEPHUS
12-04-2008, 06:23 AM
JUST SAW HEADLINES: "MYERS/TECH NEGOTIATING LEACH CONTRACT EXTENSION AND RAISE!!!!!!!

PRETTY SMART OLE PIRATE.........PLANE RIDE TO CHECK OUT NORTHWEST>FRESH STARBUCKS< BACK HOME TO A COUPLE MORE YEARS AND A FEW MORE MIL$$$$$$$$$$ MATEY!!!!!!!!!
BOOTY WAS IN LUBBOCK ALL ALONG, HE KNEW, JUST HAD TO FLUSH IT OUT OF THE LAST DUST STORM

3afan
12-04-2008, 06:38 AM
heard this AM that Auburn was interested in Leach

BOCEPHUS
12-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
heard this AM that Auburn was interested in Leach

THAT'LL GET HIM ANOTHER 250000K A YEAR OUTA LUBBOCK

jockcity33
12-04-2008, 09:46 AM
He has done great things at Tech, just think he has reached as high as its going to get. I think Tech has proven they can't beat BOTH Texas and OU in the same year.

And when has OU beaten both Tech and Texas in the same year?
And when has TU beaten both Tech and OU in the same year?

rcbulldog34
12-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33
And when has OU beaten both Tech and Texas in the same year?
And when has TU beaten both Tech and OU in the same year?

Texas beat both in 2005 for sure because they were 13-0 and National Champs

RMAC
12-04-2008, 10:33 AM
He has done great things at Tech, just think he has reached as high as its going to get. I think Tech has proven they can't beat BOTH Texas and OU in the same year. If you cant do that, you can't make it to the Big 12 championship and BCS championship. At Washington, he would get to beat up on the weak pac 10, and would probably beat USC 1 out of every 3 years. As long as he didn't blow games to Stanford, WSU, and Arizona like he has done with Tech (New Mexico, TCU, Okie State) and could beat USC on occassion, he would at worse go to the Rose Bowl, and possible BCS championship games.

Like I said, it will have to be a GREAT deal for him to leave an 11-1 team to an 0-11 place. But, I think he has reached his max at Tech, and the AD has basically taken a crap on him by not giving him his extension early in the season.

How can you say he's proven that he can't beat Tech and OU in the same year? He's just now getting Tech to the point where they have the talent (especially on defense) to compete with both of those schools on a consistent basis. 3-4 years ago, yeah they always had a chance to win if the offense clicked. Now they have a chance to win because they have a defense that can reasonably go up against those two schools..

Also in washington he wouldn't have near the talent to recruit that he does in Texas. Being 2nd or 3rd choice in Texas is a lot better than being 1st choice in Washington or Oregon. The tlaent is just better here.

pirate4state
12-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
He's slated to get $2.4 million next year. . . how much more does he think he could get there? I don't think U-Dub can match that. I've heard a lot of UW alums have had to cut back on donations due to the downturn in the economy trickling down to the types of markets they have in the NW. While the economy might be down, it's not as bad here in Texas, and thus, alumni aren't holding back on donations just yet. Heck, we raised $28 million for a project that was supposed to cost $25 million in a little over 4 months. That should be some sort of indicator as to how the alumni are doing finacialy right now. Not talking about him getting more $$$ somewhere else. Talking about him interviewing at other places to get more $$$$ out of Tech!

TigerDaddy
12-04-2008, 10:57 AM

I agree

raider red 2000
12-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Joe Schad reporting that Leach has removed his name from consideration for UW.