PDA

View Full Version : Madison 75 Adamson 54

JR2004
12-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Well KA that was a fun visit to y'alls tiny gym...lol. I got to watch the 2nd half of the longest JV game in history (seriously it should've just end in a tie...lol.) and we didn't get out of there until about 10:15 or so. Man that gym has NO ROOM at all. I don't know how kids keep from getting hurt in there.

#3 and your boy Palmer had the best moments. 3 got crossed over by our point guard and he fell right in front of the scorer's table and Palmer had a wide open dunk on a break and he popped the rim down (He did make the dunk). If that had been before breakaway rims, y'all would be buying a new backboard! That seven footer was good, but not spectacular. He tried hard, but he doesn't run the floor well.

kaorder1999
12-03-2008, 11:44 AM
yeah...Palmer is a big strong boy. He is committed to Baylor to play football. He needs to get a LOT tougher!!!

Not sure who #3 is but it doesnt surprise me. Can you believe that gym? I have no idea why they play ANY games there

kaorder1999
12-03-2008, 11:45 AM
did yall beat Lincoln?

JR2004
12-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
yeah...Palmer is a big strong boy. He is committed to Baylor to play football. He needs to get a LOT tougher!!!

Not sure who #3 is but it doesnt surprise me. Can you believe that gym? I have no idea why they play ANY games there

He does need to get tougher. He sure is big though and I'll bet Briles can turn him into a pretty good one! He's got nice explosion off the floor for a kid his size. We had our kid from Detroit guarding Palmer and he played him alright. The 6'1" forward we have from Spruce came in off the bench early and got rough with him and Hornstein. We haven't had a junkyard dog like that in years. It was fun watching him mix it up with Palmer and Hornstein. He was pushing Hornstein around so badly that the ref called a couple of fouls on him for pushing him all the way out beyond the 3 point line...lol.

I don't know if this kid plays football for you or not, but #4 on the JV was a pretty good athlete. He was sporting the Kid N Play haircut...lol. Don't know his name, but I'm sure he's not hard to spot at school!

That gym though is absolutely ridiculous and shouldn't be used for anything except practice, if that. I mean if a kid from either team would've dove for a loose ball on the sideline they'd be in the hospital right now! Both teams would've done better to just play the game outside!

JR2004
12-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
did yall beat Lincoln?

We did beat Lincoln about a week and a half ago at Cobb. It was 76-74. You talk about some angry Purple Tiger fans...lol. I think what really hacked them off is that our SG who averaged 24ppg last year as a sophomore didn't even play and won't play his first game this season until probably next week due to a knee bruise. Oh boy were they hot to lose to us! We hadn't beaten them since the 4A Region II final in 2000 (Back when Bosh was still there.)...If we beat Mesquite Horn and then Skyline we'll play them again in the DISD Coca-Cola. I'm sure they want us again...lol.

LB Nash is ridiculously talented though. We played him physical and got him away from the goal so he only put up 19. I say only because he torched SOC for 30 two nights before that. I may not like Lincoln, but Good Lord for a kid that's 6'7" that can shoot and handle the ball like that...Whew! I believe he's one of the top 3 recruits in the country for the Class of 2011. He'd be one heck of a QB or TE if he still played football.