PDA

View Full Version : Giddings and Bellville Prove This To Be True...

Milk That Cow
12-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Region 3 is Far Superior to Region 4...

Gobbla2001
12-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow

okay

Necks_Fan
12-02-2008, 07:54 PM
If Bellville and or Giddings had played Cuero, they would be at home right now.

Gobbla2001
12-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Top to mid-level, Region 3 is better than Region 4 most year... we've always agreed on that... horse aint even there and it's gettin' beaten again...

duckhunter
12-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
If Bellville and or Giddings had played Cuero, they would be at home right now. :rolleyes: prove it.......who did west columbia play in the playoffs? i've looked at a bunch of sites and cant seem to find any info on it.

Panther One
12-02-2008, 08:25 PM
This shouldn't come as a surprise. Teams like Giddings, La Grange, Bellville, Sealy, etc have been in Region IV before and were some of the best teams. I think this was pretty much expected with them moving back south.

MJMbrahmas10
12-02-2008, 08:44 PM
all i know is district 25 is the best district in region 4 in volleyball two district teams competed for the region 4 championship and now in football and hopefully bellville will come away with both

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
This shouldn't come as a surprise. Teams like Giddings, La Grange, Bellville, Sealy, etc have been in Region IV before and were some of the best teams. I think this was pretty much expected with them moving back south.

V-Ball the last 2 standing in R4 was Bellville and Columbus.
F-Ball the last 2 standing in R4 was Bellville and Giddings.
Was said these teams were R3 rejects by a Sinton poster, looks that the R3 rejects Bellville ended Sintons seasons in both! How is the Baseball, Softball, Track,and Basketball teams look?

MJMbrahmas10
12-02-2008, 09:02 PM
not just cause im from bellville but last year basketball went three rounds into the playoffs and i believe they have gotten better they have ALOT of depth coach collier could probably have two teams and rotate them in as a unit instead of one by one. baseball went a couple of rounds in the playsoff not positive on how far though but they only lost three seniors who didnt contribute much of anything last year so i would look for pretty deep runs by basketball and baseball. and track is ALWAYS strong we will win district for the 12 straight year. i believe quentin runnels also the starting tailback will run at the state meet.and walter reese who i believe ran a 51 in the 400 as a freshman will also go

Necks_Fan
12-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
:rolleyes: prove it.......who did west columbia play in the playoffs? i've looked at a bunch of sites and cant seem to find any info on it. Yea, since WC has alot to do with what I said.

We didn't make the playoffs. Great.

Doesn;t change anything. Bellville and Giddings < Cuero.

44INAROW
12-02-2008, 09:07 PM

isn't if funny - last year when Cuero, Gonzales and Palacios were all 3 in the Reg IV finals - it was cause we were in a weak Region but when District 25 has 2 of 3 teams in the finals - it's cause they are superior.. Interesting :rolleyes: and I can't wait for the track and baseball seasons........ bring it on...........

MJMbrahmas10
12-02-2008, 09:11 PM
well last time i checked sinton and la vernia were no pushovers
we did it in two sports

pirate4state
12-02-2008, 09:13 PM
can't wait for the semi-final game when Giddings or Bellville will prove something else to be true...i'll let yall figure it out

gobbler grad
12-02-2008, 09:15 PM
If Bellville and or Giddings had played Cuero, they would be at home right now.

I totally agree with necks_fan...:thumbsup:

MJMbrahmas10
12-02-2008, 09:16 PM
if giddings does win they will be hard to beat... their offense is too hard to stop the only reason bellville can only semi stop them is cause we have been gettin our butts kicked by it for several years now

Panther One
12-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
can't wait for the semi-final game when Giddings or Bellville will prove something else to be true...i'll let yall figure it out
I think this would just further the point of the original post...

pirate4state
12-02-2008, 09:27 PM
I think this would just further the point of the original post... yes & no :cool:

Necks_Fan
12-02-2008, 09:28 PM
can't wait for the semi-final game when Giddings or Bellville will prove something else to be true...i'll let yall figure it out This is true.

Will be a rude awakening.

MJMbrahmas10
12-02-2008, 09:33 PM
if it is atleast we got this far... not many teams can say that...or the WC they cant even say they made the playoffs

Necks_Fan
12-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
if it is atleast we got this far... not many teams can say that...or the WC they cant even say they made the playoffs Yea since WC has alot to do with this thread again.

Well if you want to got that route though, we CAN say we donkey stomped Bellville in the playoffs when we were there.

:)

sinton66
12-02-2008, 09:51 PM
So, if this has ALWAYS been true, what happened in 2001?:D

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
and I can't wait for the track and baseball seasons........ bring it on...........
:clap: :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
horse aint even there and it's gettin' beaten again...
Poor guy.... http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/images/smilies/beatdeadhorse.gif

sinfan75
12-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
V-Ball the last 2 standing in R4 was Bellville and Columbus.
F-Ball the last 2 standing in R4 was Bellville and Giddings.
Was said these teams were R3 rejects by a Sinton poster, looks that the R3 rejects Bellville ended Sintons seasons in both! How is the Baseball, Softball, Track,and Basketball teams look? Baseball and softball in Sinton will be just fine. Sinton plays in title games in baseball as much as Cuero does in football. REJECTS!!:wave: :taunt: :taunt:

MJMbrahmas10
12-02-2008, 10:06 PM
well if it doesnt WC doesnt have anything to do with it why you hear...... and hear we go ramblin about the past

and 2001 that was before my time i was too young i couldnt tell you
what happend in 2008!?!?

MJMbrahmas10
12-02-2008, 10:08 PM
here**

duckhunter
12-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Yea since WC has alot to do with this thread again.

Well if you want to got that route though, we CAN say we donkey stomped Bellville in the playoffs when we were there.

:) if WC has nothing to do with it, than why bring cuero into the thread? i do not seem them mentioned at all with the title of this thread.

Necks_Fan
12-02-2008, 10:12 PM
well if it doesnt WC doesnt have anything to do with it why you hear...... and hear we go ramblin about the past

what happend in 2008!?!? It was actaully 06-07... but ya know.... it's all good.

The better question is why are YOU here?

I've been for a couple years.... how long have you been here? a month maybe?

Necks_Fan
12-02-2008, 10:14 PM
if WC has nothing to do with it, than why bring cuero into the thread? i do not seem them mentioned at all with the title of this thread. I'm saying we should let Cuero do the talking for Reg 4.

Buckeye80
12-02-2008, 10:14 PM
if giddings does win they will be hard to beat... their offense is too hard to stop the only reason bellville can only semi stop them is cause we have been gettin our butts kicked by it for several years now

I know somebody who can give it a go!:D

And Giddings would get plenty of opportunities to show that offense off! Of course, they'd be down another 7 points every time they got to try again, but hey! Here's to tryin; rhymes with dyin'.:D

Necks_Fan
12-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
I know somebody who can give it a go!:D

And Giddings would get plenty of opportunities to show that offense off! Of course, they'd be down another 7 points every time they got to try again, but hey! Here's to tryin; rhymes with dyin'.:D That's what I said about WO-S.

It was 14-3 and they turned the ball over.

The first thing I said to P4S was "It's fixin to be 21-3."

:doh:

MJMbrahmas10
12-02-2008, 10:21 PM
the past exactly and that was after we had our quarterback with a messed up hand the loss of our starting fb #5 couldnt do it all by himself

na a couple of months....good for you do you want a cookie....just cause i havent been on here for years like you that doesnt mean i dont konw anything about sports patna

Buckeye80
12-02-2008, 10:35 PM
patna

Anyone know what this word might be?

MJMbrahmas10
12-02-2008, 10:40 PM
i do i do it is the same thing as partner like as in friend, dude, homie, moron,
it came mean alarge variety of things
answer your question?

48minutes
12-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Anyone know what this word might be?

sure do. Just some common sense to figure that one out PATNA

sinton66
12-02-2008, 10:45 PM

what happend in 2008!?!?

I'll give you a clue, it wasn't D25 that went on.

duckhunter
12-02-2008, 10:48 PM
who freaking cares???? best of luck to the remaining teams in the playoffs, and also to those who are starting basketball.

48minutes
12-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

give me a clue please. Is Sinton or WC playing friday or saturday? I would like to go watch if so.

MJMbrahmas10
12-02-2008, 10:49 PM
thanks 48
this year it is though!!! haha
too bad a great team that has lots of heart has people posting for them like you

buff4ever
12-02-2008, 11:22 PM
This is pointless but here we go.

Let's say the winner of this game goes on and loses like so many of you are saying is a flat guarantee, may be. What is it that you are saying that proves.

Does it prove that Region 3 isn't better than Region 4, b/c I don't see that logic. First off, it would be a very good region 3 team beating a past region 3 team that walked through region 4. Basically this drives home the fact that region 3 is head and shoulders above region 4 for the most part. Let's assume that giddings and bellville if in region 3 would be just better than average and not quarterfinalist in that region necessarily, then remember they just walked through region 4 to the quarterfinals to play each other. Sometimes (Cuero, Wimberley, etc) top teams from region 4 can play with or beat region 3, but it is a flat guarantee that they didn't have as tough a road to get there.

Maybe I don't understand where this thread was suppose to go. But for how I read into it, above is my response.:thinking:

Gators17
12-03-2008, 12:04 AM

I think it's funny you're talking about D25 when Bellville ended your school's hopes in two different sports. :doh:

BOCEPHUS
12-03-2008, 07:14 AM
LETS ALL GO HAVE A COLE BEER AND TALK ABOUT IT, I BUY'N AND I GOT THE TIME, EVEN FOR U WOMEN THAT COME

scotty
12-03-2008, 08:00 AM
I believe that Region 3 is stronger in football than R-4. And I also believe that Cuero could very well be the best team out of R-4. After looking at the brackets, I felt that Bellville and Giddings would meet for the R-4, D-II championship. The one that survives will have a tough hill to climb, but the same was said when Sealy came out of R-4 in the ‘90’s and won a couple of state championships.
The reason I like Cuero is they have an outstanding offense, very diversified, and a quarterback who can hurt you in many ways. I’m not as high on their defense as many may be, they gave up a lot of yards against Sealy and their offense wasn’t all that powerful. This week against La Vega should give an indication how strong the Gobblers are.
Since our teams come out of R-4, good luck to all…represent us well!

Gobbla2001
12-03-2008, 08:09 AM
Like I said, most years I agree that Region 3 is top to bottom better than Region 4... but if these two teams, same players and everything had been moved down around '04-'05 they wouldn't be this deep... Liberty Hill, Wimberley, Cuero, Hondo, even RIO Hondo's '05 team was a lot better than this year's, Devine was taking LH to the wire a lot, Ingleside was pretty damn good themselves... even hallettsville was good in '04 until Liberty Hill got the buzzards on 'em... around '04 was Rice Consolidated still in 3A or had they just moved down? Port Isabel was damnnn good that year as well, SINTON in '04? are you kidding me? a hell of a lot better than they are this year, 10 times...

I will say though, this year, 2A region 4 is way above region 3 from what I have seen... my area ALONE had 4-5 teams that could win state...

44INAROW
12-03-2008, 08:30 AM
never mind - I read it wrong........... :p

also - nice post Scotty :)

Pudlugger
12-03-2008, 08:40 AM

In 2001 La Grange beat Wimberly in the D2 Region IV final and then beat Giddings in the Semis to go on to the State game losing a squeaker 14-11 to Commerce. D25 Champion Bellville, who beat La Grange in district, went to the Region IV D1 final and lost a close one to Sinton. D25 was very strong in 2001 just as it is in 2008.

Bellville, Giddings, Smithville, Columbus and La Grange go back and forth between Regions III and IV as they are geographically border region schools.

Every year we go through this Region III is stronger than Region IV argument but the state finals are never so one sided. When Region IV wins out the excuse is Region III beat themselves up LOL.

duckhunter
12-03-2008, 10:33 AM
one cannot make the conclusion that a region is better than another just by looking at playoff teams, and a small number of teams in general. the WHOLE region must be taken into account and clearly this is not the case in this situation. so either a) yall continue to ramble opinions that are seemingly worthless to proving yall's point on either side of the argument. or b) somebody post w/l records, ppg, etc. stats on all the teams in both regions and let the stats do the talking.

uh. i need some more of grandma's ole cough medicene this mornin

Johnny Utah
12-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Milk, Far superior?? NOT!

Giddings...talented, athletes out the whazoo!!! Beat a valley team 42-28..Superior???
Bellville...talented, athletes out the whazoo!! Beat a Coastal Bend team 43-36....Superior????

1999 Mathis made it to the State Finals....Beat Burnet in Regional Finals 39-21, Beat Gatesville(Region 3 Rep) in State Semis 19-14 and they had Taurean Henderson...Superior??? Maybe in talent and athleticism but not in anything else!

Great points about Wimberley as well.

Pulling for Cuero due to this stupid post! Go Gobblers!!!

Milk That Cow
12-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Both Bellville and Giddings would tell you it was much tougher going through District than getting to the 4th Round of the Playoffs...

Don't hate the messenger...

Hate on the message...

And the message is Region 3 is Far Superior to Region 4 when it comes to 3A Football...

but, this is just my humble opinion...

MJMbrahmas10
12-03-2008, 12:29 PM
my teacher told me anything is right as long as you can prove it and i see no proof of it untill we play region 3 so as of right now how can you proof it?

44INAROW
12-03-2008, 12:33 PM
isn't if funny - last year when Cuero, Gonzales and Palacios were all 3 in the Reg IV finals - it was cause we were in a weak Region but when District 25 has 2 of 3 teams in the finals - it's cause they are superior.. Interesting :rolleyes: and I can't wait for the track and baseball seasons........ bring it on...........

just cause I felt like it...... (slow morning)

Johnny Utah
12-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Milk, the statement you put out is FAR SUPERIOR....that is not true. Far Superior means...winning by SUPERIOR MARGINS!!! Cuero beating Sealy??? Giddings tied at half with Rio??? Bellville and Sinton in a Shootout??? They were all region 3 at one time....Region 3 teams are probably better athletically but FAR SUPERIOR??? You call out coaching when you say that, has nothing to do with it! I for one take offense to that statement. Regions change, teams change.......IF LH AND WYLIE WERE IN REGION 3 I WOULD AGREE!

Gobbla2001
12-03-2008, 01:10 PM
good point, Pud, I almost brought that point up this morning...

When a Region 4 beats a Region 3 in the semi's: "Region 3 is tougher, so they're beat up"

When a Region 3 beats a Region 4 in the semi's: "Region 3 is tougher, so they were more battle-tested"...

Translation: we're always the better team :hand:

Bull's-eye
12-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Both Bellville and Giddings would tell you it was much tougher going through District than getting to the 4th Round of the Playoffs...

One thing to remember is that most district teams have been playing each other for years. They are very familiar with their common opponents and their style of play. IMO, this tends to make district games a little more difficult, even though their may be a greater difference in the quality of teams.

I do think D25 was a very competitive district and had some very good teams.

Necks_Fan
12-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Maybe as whole, But Cuero could SMOKE most reg 3 teams.

zebrablue2
12-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Maybe as whole, But Cuero could SMOKE most reg 3 teams.

some years yes. like all schools, it runs in cycles.

scotty
12-03-2008, 06:11 PM
I have often wondered what keeps Cuero so strong year after year. What industry is there to support people in Cuero or do many commute to Victoria or Port Lavaca. I have also heard that some of their players come from Victoria because of the superior program at Cuero and they want to play for a winner; and that some of the kids just aren’t quite good enough to play at 5-A Victoria so they move to Cuero to get a chance to play. That same story went around when Sealy was winning, but in their case the kids were supposed to be coming from Katy. I can only remember one kid ever playing for Sealy who first played at Katy. I also heard that many of the Region 4 schools such as Cuero, Yoakum, Hallettsville and others were dropping in attendance, is that a fact?

Gobbla2001
12-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by scotty
I have often wondered what keeps Cuero so strong year after year. What industry is there to support people in Cuero or do many commute to Victoria or Port Lavaca. I have also heard that some of their players come from Victoria because of the superior program at Cuero and they want to play for a winner; and that some of the kids just aren’t quite good enough to play at 5-A Victoria so they move to Cuero to get a chance to play. That same story went around when Sealy was winning, but in their case the kids were supposed to be coming from Katy. I can only remember one kid ever playing for Sealy who first played at Katy. I also heard that many of the Region 4 schools such as Cuero, Yoakum, Hallettsville and others were dropping in attendance, is that a fact?

People just want to stay in Cuero I guess.. a lot of ranching, a lot work in Victoria, some work out at the plants, some work in the oil field, a ton of small businesses... you're not the first person to bring up this question, trust me...

My senior year we had one Victoria guy on our team, his parents just wanted him in a different school because they didn't agree with the consolidation... this has happened three times I can think of, only one of those was a true impact player, but he was hurt a lot...

As for the players not being good enough to play at Victoria, that's just a laugher as they are not very talented...

A lot of stuff factors into it... if a family has to move to the area and they have a son that they might want to play football one day, I'm sure they'd pick Cuero over other schools... plus when you're this good for so long you keep getting the best coaches I guess...

sinton66
12-03-2008, 07:29 PM
my teacher told me anything is right as long as you can prove it and i see no proof of it untill we play region 3 so as of right now how can you proof it?

Better watch out for Gilmer.;)

Necks_Fan
12-03-2008, 08:46 PM
my teacher told me anything is right as long as you can prove it and i see no proof of it untill we play region 3 so as of right now how can you proof it? As of right now, you can;t... but I'm pretty sure he was referencing the next week, when D 25 is done.

:)

Boomer
12-03-2008, 08:56 PM
People just want to stay in Cuero I guess.. a lot of ranching, a lot work in Victoria, some work out at the plants, some work in the oil field, a ton of small businesses... you're not the first person to bring up this question, trust me...

My senior year we had one Victoria guy on our team, his parents just wanted him in a different school because they didn't agree with the consolidation... this has happened three times I can think of, only one of those was a true impact player, but he was hurt a lot...

As for the players not being good enough to play at Victoria, that's just a laugher as they are not very talented...

A lot of stuff factors into it... if a family has to move to the area and they have a son that they might want to play football one day, I'm sure they'd pick Cuero over other schools... plus when you're this good for so long you keep getting the best coaches I guess...

Another thing is every little boy, including my own, wants to be a Gobbler. They want to continue the winning tradition. They grow up watching the older kids on Friday night hoping one day it will be their turn.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Baseball and softball in Sinton will be just fine. Sinton plays in title games in baseball as much as Cuero does in football. REJECTS!!:wave: :taunt: :taunt:

The R3 rejects will also be the last standing in the R4 finals Baseball and Softball. D25 will be very good in both.

buff4ever
12-03-2008, 10:44 PM
hey did yall know that the winner of this game still has to play gilmer before the state game, I think they beat carthage by 21 last night.:D :D

duckhunter
12-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
The R3 rejects will also be the last standing in the R4 finals Baseball and Softball. . pretty bold statment since it is only december.

CueroDad08
12-03-2008, 10:53 PM

If Reg. 4 is so bad. WHY is CUERO a game away from a STATE RECORD 12th STATE FINAL?

duckhunter
12-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
If Reg. 4 is so bad. WHY is CUERO a game away from a STATE RECORD 12th STATE FINAL? pull your head outa the gutter. last time i checked the region is composed of more teams than just quero :rolleyes:

buff4ever
12-03-2008, 11:05 PM
My goodness, the human race is getting dumber every day. I think several people have stated that you can have 1 or 2 or 3, maybe once in 10 years even 4, teams out of region 4 that could beat region 3 in the semifinals and advance and possibly win the state title.

Now, there is a flat guarantee that the semifinalist from region 3 playing a team that is better than them from region 4 has played a much harder playoff lineup. This really isn't that hard to comprehend people.

Cuero is good, they could most years play with region 3 very successfully. Now, I am not saying that they would necessarily stand out quite as much as they do in region 4 where they seemingly are alone in the way of competition. Hence, Cuero is the only team people can throw out as a region 4 is as good as region 3 example. Every year there will likely be Cuero and then some others that will take turns that can very likely play with region 3, but the number of quality teams just will not EVER be equal in number to region 3. PERIOD, some of you need to act as though you have an IQ at all.

CueroDad08
12-03-2008, 11:09 PM
pull your head outa the gutter. last time i checked the region is composed of more teams than just quero :rolleyes:

I think you need to go to bed early and get up and check on your Decoys "Duck Blind". You have yet to make your point stick.

CueroDad08
12-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
My goodness, the human race is getting dumber every day. I think several people have stated that you can have 1 or 2 or 3, maybe once in 10 years even 4, teams out of region 4 that could beat region 3 in the semifinals and advance and possibly win the state title.

Now, there is a flat guarantee that the semifinalist from region 3 playing a team that is better than them from region 4 has played a much harder playoff lineup. This really isn't that hard to comprehend people.

Cuero is good, they could most years play with region 3 very successfully. Now, I am not saying that they would necessarily stand out quite as much as they do in region 4 where they seemingly are alone in the way of competition. Hence, Cuero is the only team people can throw out as a region 4 is as good as region 3 example. Every year there will likely be Cuero and then some others that will take turns that can very likely play with region 3, but the number of quality teams just will not EVER be equal in number to region 3. PERIOD, some of you need to act as though you have an IQ at all.

My point was not all about Cuero, It was a team from Reg. 4. That is what the smack is all about. Really hard for me to find a team from Reg. 3 with 11 trips to state finals. So along the way over the years there had to be a Reg. 3 powerhouse go down I know of 11 times. there is knoway to prove your point or Duck Blinds other than on the field. And that would be the State Simis. AGREE?

Gobbla2001
12-03-2008, 11:37 PM
I also recall this Region 3 team in '06 blasting through Region 3 on its way to a State Championship... I believe it was the same team that lost to two Region 4 teams that season, their only losses of the season... yup... Liberty Hill had knocked on the door, only getting out of Region 4 in '04... didn't get out in '05 and got out of Region 3 in '06 and '07...

but we're not tough down here...

Gobbla2001
12-03-2008, 11:38 PM
If Reg. 4 is so bad. WHY is CUERO a game away from a STATE RECORD 12th STATE FINAL?

it'll tie for the 11th...

Gobbla2001
12-03-2008, 11:52 PM
I believe it was the same team that lost to two Region 4 teams that season, their only losses of the season...

And as I recall, neither of those two teams made it out of region 4 that year...

buff4ever
12-04-2008, 12:29 AM

My point was not all about Cuero, It was a team from Reg. 4. That is what the smack is all about. Really hard for me to find a team from Reg. 3 with 11 trips to state finals. So along the way over the years there had to be a Reg. 3 powerhouse go down I know of 11 times. there is knoway to prove your point or Duck Blinds other than on the field. And that would be the State Simis. AGREE?

okay turkeydad, did you really read what I wrote? I hope not, or else:D

Just in case you did, AND STILL DON'T GET IT. The 11 times a region 3 team went down to a always good Cuero team, it is still a fact that they had beaten tougher teams in the playoffs than Cuero did in region 4 those years. This doesn't mean that they were better than Cuero, it just means they had a much tougher journey through the playoffs.

buff4life
12-04-2008, 01:21 AM

you kind of proved the point there...

Cuero makes it that far SO many times because of how bad Region IV is in depth...they probably have twice that amount of semi finals appearances to due R4 being bad...and figuring they win half those games gives you your record and proving the point of this thread

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2008, 02:01 AM
2000's Semi-Finals

2000 D1 R3 Gatesville def. R4 Bandera 30-9 -----Gatesville won state 14-10, (their closes game in state playoffs.)
DII R4 La Grange def. R3 Marlin 35-29 --- La Grange won state 20-17 (closest game to R4 La Vernia 28-27)

2001 D1 R4 Sinton def. R3 Bridge City 38-0 ----Sinton lost to Everman state title game 25-14(Sinton closes game they won was 21-13 over Bellville.)
DII R4 La Grange def. R3 Giddings 21-13 ---Lost to Commerce 14-11 state title game.(closes R4 game won was to Wimberley 21-9)

2002 D1 R4 Burnet def. R3 Jasper 46-28 --- lost in state title game to Everman 35-14(closes R4 game won was to Sinton 19-7.)
DII R4 Bandera def. R3 Bellville 24-13---Bandera won state over Greenwood 27-24(2OT) Bandera had two games in R4 where they won by 3 points over Port Isabel and Rice.
DII

2003 D1 R4 Burnet def. R3 Jasper 21-14 -- Lost to Gatesville 35-24 state title game. Closes R4 game won was to Sinton 42-21.
DII R3 Marlin def. R4 Port Isabel 41-10 ---lost to Atlanta 34-0 in state title game.(Closes R3 game won was to Bellville 19-17)

2004 D1 R4 Cuero def. R3 Palestine 27-17 --- Lost to Abilene Wylie 17-14 state title game.(closes R4 game won was to Wimberley 21-17)
DII R3 Jasper def. R4 Liberty Hill 35-27 ---Lost to Gilmer 49-47.(closes R3 game won was to Dibol 13-0.

2005 D1 R4 Wimberley def. R3 West Orange Stark 52-29 --Won state over Gainsville 21-7. Closes R4 game won was to La Vernia 42-7.
DII R3 Hutto def. R4 Cuero 23-21 ---Lost to Tatum state title game 38-34. Close R3 game was to Altair Rice 20-16.

2006 D1 R3 Robinson def. R4 Ingleside 62-21. Lost to Liberty-Eylau 35-34 state title game. Closes R3 game won was to Columbia 41-35.
DII R3 Liberty Hill def. R4 Hondo 35-19 ---Won state over Celina 22-19.(closes R3 game won was to Giddings 35-28.

2007 D1 R3 Liberty Hill def. R4 Pleasanton 49-7. Won state 38-13 over Gilmer.(closes R3 game won was to Carthage 41-14.
DII R3 China Springs def. R4 Cuero 37-14. Lost to Celina 21-14 state title game.(Closes R3 game won was to two 3 point games to La Vega and Rockdale.

Head to Head- Wins
Region IV---------9
Region III---------8
Longest win streaks
Region IV ---- 6
Region III ---- 5 (current)

So how is RIII superior?

BOCEPHUS
12-04-2008, 05:39 AM
hey did yall know that the winner of this game still has to play gilmer before the state game, I think they beat carthage by 21 last night.:D :D

AND THE WINNER OF THAT THAR GAME GETS TO PLAY LH, MAYBE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! BY GAWD...................FREAK'N FOOT!!!!!!! 2 D@M POINTS

BOCEPHUS
12-04-2008, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
2000's Semi-Finals

2000 D1 R3 Gatesville def. R4 Bandera 30-9 -----Gatesville won state 14-10, (their closes game in state playoffs.)
DII R4 La Grange def. R3 Marlin 35-29 --- La Grange won state 20-17 (closest game to R4 La Vernia 28-27)

2001 D1 R4 Sinton def. R3 Bridge City 38-0 ----Sinton lost to Everman state title game 25-14(Sinton closes game they won was 21-13 over Bellville.)
DII R4 La Grange def. R3 Giddings 21-13 ---Lost to Commerce 14-11 state title game.(closes R4 game won was to Wimberley 21-9)

2002 D1 R4 Burnet def. R3 Jasper 46-28 --- lost in state title game to Everman 35-14(closes R4 game won was to Sinton 19-7.)
DII R4 Bandera def. R3 Bellville 24-13---Bandera won state over Greenwood 27-24(2OT) Bandera had two games in R4 where they won by 3 points over Port Isabel and Rice.
DII

2003 D1 R4 Burnet def. R3 Jasper 21-14 -- Lost to Gatesville 35-24 state title game. Closes R4 game won was to Sinton 42-21.
DII R3 Marlin def. R4 Port Isabel 41-10 ---lost to Atlanta 34-0 in state title game.(Closes R3 game won was to Bellville 19-17)

2004 D1 R4 Cuero def. R3 Palestine 27-17 --- Lost to Abilene Wylie 17-14 state title game.(closes R4 game won was to Wimberley 21-17)
DII R3 Jasper def. R4 Liberty Hill 35-27 ---Lost to Gilmer 49-47.(closes R3 game won was to Dibol 13-0.

2005 D1 R4 Wimberley def. R3 West Orange Stark 52-29 --Won state over Gainsville 21-7. Closes R4 game won was to La Vernia 42-7.
DII R3 Hutto def. R4 Cuero 23-21 ---Lost to Tatum state title game 38-34. Close R3 game was to Altair Rice 20-16.

2006 D1 R3 Robinson def. R4 Ingleside 62-21. Lost to Liberty-Eylau 35-34 state title game. Closes R3 game won was to Columbia 41-35.
DII R3 Liberty Hill def. R4 Hondo 35-19 ---Won state over Celina 22-19.(closes R3 game won was to Giddings 35-28.

2007 D1 R3 Liberty Hill def. R4 Pleasanton 49-7. Won state 38-13 over Gilmer.(closes R3 game won was to Carthage 41-14.
DII R3 China Springs def. R4 Cuero 37-14. Lost to Celina 21-14 state title game.(Closes R3 game won was to two 3 point games to La Vega and Rockdale.

Head to Head- Wins
Region IV---------9
Region III---------8
Longest win streaks
Region IV ---- 6

So how is RIII superior?

THIS HERE NEEDS TO BE POSTED A FEW MO TIMES

CueroDad08
12-04-2008, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
2000's Semi-Finals

DII

Head to Head- Wins
Region IV---------9
Region III---------8
Longest win streaks
Region IV ---- 6

So how is RIII superior?

You cant spell it out any other way but on the field. Thanks SintonFan_Austin. He is just upset for some reason, Maybe a Game Wardon Looked at his shotgun and got him with his Plug out.

Gobbla2001
12-04-2008, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by buff4life

they probably have twice that amount of semi finals appearances

Nope, we've only lost to Sealy, Hutto and China Spring in the semi's, making that 10 wins in 13 trips... I believe two of those semi wins were over Giddings... atleast the one in '98 was...

but those 10 wins do not matter, the Region 3 team was wore out and tired because they played a tougher schedule...

those 3 losses are all that matter because the Region 3 teams were better because they played a tougher schedule...

buff4ever
12-04-2008, 09:12 AM
While we are spelling things out:rolleyes:

Two years ago when giddings lost in the quarterfinals to LH in Region 3, Giddings had played in 3 of 4 games WOS, La Vega and LH.

The year before that they had played WOS, and last year we lost to WOS in the second round who went on to lose to La Vega who lost to china spring. These are some seriously good teams that Cuero hasn't had to face untill they get to the semifinals.

I am dumber for participating in this thread.

BOCEPHUS
12-04-2008, 09:15 AM

I am dumber for participating in this thread. [/B]

is that thar possible:evillol: :evil: :evilgrin:

buff4ever
12-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
is that thar possible:evillol: :evil: :evilgrin:

For one of us it is, and one of us maybe not:D

44INAROW
12-04-2008, 10:10 AM

Two years ago when giddings lost in the quarterfinals to LH in Region 3, Giddings had played in 3 of 4 games WOS, La Vega and LH.

Is that the year Cuero and Wimberley - (both Reg IV at the time) beat LH? I get my years mixed up, so I might be wrong.. Just asking - but if it is - that is the year Hutto beat us - so I guess it's a wash LOL

continue........

Gobbla2001
12-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Is that the year Cuero and Wimberley - (both Reg IV at the time) beat LH? I get my years mixed up, so I might be wrong.. Just asking - but if it is - that is the year Hutto beat us - so I guess it's a wash LOL

continue........

it's the year Cuero and Wimberley beat LH, yes, but that was the year Wimberley actually beat Cuero ('06)...

Hondo then beat Wimberley I believe, then LH beat Hondo...

Gobbla2001
12-04-2008, 01:40 PM

ohhh, well then y'all should have been battle-tested and ready to go for LH...

you get a week to rest as does everyone else...

44INAROW
12-04-2008, 02:13 PM
it's the year Cuero and Wimberley beat LH, yes, but that was the year Wimberley actually beat Cuero ('06)...

Hondo then beat Wimberley I believe, then LH beat Hondo...

do I get an E for effort? :D :D For OBVIOUS reasons, I put the Wimberley loss out of my memory bank :eek: :)

Gobbla2001
12-04-2008, 06:34 PM
For OBVIOUS reasons, I put the Wimberley loss out of my memory bank :eek: :)

ooooh crap... my bad my bad :doh:

44INAROW
12-04-2008, 06:56 PM
ooooh crap... my bad my bad :doh:

no, you were right - I was wrong - just had my years mixed up - this getting old crap sucks :D

CueroDad08
12-04-2008, 07:12 PM

The year before that they had played WOS, and last year we lost to WOS in the second round who went on to lose to La Vega who lost to china spring. These are some seriously good teams that Cuero hasn't had to face untill they get to the semifinals.

I am dumber for participating in this thread.

Bottom line is, what your trying to say is you were really tierd of getting your butt kicked, and finally this year you got past those probs. in the past, and you want the whole world to know....
OK GREAT JOB BUFFS..... Will this help now?

GreenMachine
12-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Region 3 is the toughest. Always have been, always will be :rolleyes:

48minutes
12-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Region 3 is the toughest. Always have been, always will be :rolleyes:

True statement. If you don't realize that you are blind.

Necks_Fan
12-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by 48minutes
True statement. If you don't realize that you are blind. All this means is that there are more pissed off bandwagon fans in Reg 3.

IHStangFan
12-04-2008, 09:56 PM
can't wait for the semi-final game when Giddings or Bellville will prove something else to be true...i'll let yall figure it out LOL....hmmm.....whatever could you mean?

N_F.....I agree w/ you

Bellville/Giddings < Cuero

:D

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

Bellville/Giddings < Cuero

:D

ya know, I just don't know... I watched the stuff Sinton Fan in Austin put up on the Giddings/Rio Hondo game and Giddings didn't look too shabby...

In a regular season game, it seems the game would maybe be a toss up, I dunno, didn't see 'em then... but from what I saw of 'em in the RH game, I think they'd get a 21-24 on us... maybe 28... but man, the way our O's been playing, I don't think their D could handle it... it coulda been an exciting game...

Bellville I just can't say... yah Sealy beat 'em and we killed Sealy... but they beat LV who beat us, granted we weren't near as good and motivated then as we are now...

just can't say

buff4ever
12-05-2008, 01:06 AM
It says nothing at all, but we beat sealy and la vernia as well. I will say the best 3 teams in region 4 are still standing no question.

Cuero will be La Vega, I been saying that all week.

Giddings/Bellville will have a tough go with Carthage/Gilmer.

Still saying though that Giddings/Bellville/Cuero all had it easier than gilmer/carthage/la vega(well maybe not la vega, they took the easy road)

This doesn't mean necessarily that the region 3 teams will be too beat up to play or any of that nonsense. But, ask Texas Longhorns how hard it is to win 4 big games in a row against very high quality opponents. Texas actually lost the 4th game of that run this year to the easiest of the 4 great teams (texas tech).

Panther One
12-05-2008, 01:28 AM
Well, Region I is obviously the toughest region this year...:D

BOCEPHUS
12-05-2008, 06:23 AM
Well, Region I is obviously the toughest region this year...:D

BY GAWD, THAT OUGHT TO SHUT'EM UP.

FUNNY RITE THAR, DON'T CARE WHO U ARE........................GOT THEM DAD BLAME RINGS ON HIS SIG...............TOUGHEST REGION IS REGION 1................LMAO.

WHATCHA GOT NOW REGION 3????????????????

U SHUT'EM UP

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 07:59 AM
ha

Milk That Cow
12-05-2008, 10:20 AM
But, ask Texas Longhorns how hard it is to win 4 big games in a row against very high quality opponents. Texas actually lost the 4th game of that run this year to the easiest of the 4 great teams (texas tech).

That quote in a nutshell is what I'm talking about...

Giddings in '06 went through that type of gauntlet when they got beat by Liberty Hill after going through an unbelievable stretch in Region 3...

Cuero is a Great Football Powerhouse and has Great Tradition.

But, they are like USC in the Pac-10...

and Region 3 is like the Big 12 South...

buff4ever
12-05-2008, 11:37 AM
That quote in a nutshell is what I'm talking about...

Giddings in '06 went through that type of gauntlet when they got beat by Liberty Hill after going through an unbelievable stretch in Region 3...

Cuero is a Great Football Powerhouse and has Great Tradition.

But, they are like USC in the Pac-10...

and Region 3 is like the Big 12 South...

Not that there is a man who knows what he is talking about.

And I will agree that Region 1 is tougher than region 4:D

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2008, 12:00 PM

Yeah, and we just had Region III cupcakes up until the semis. :devil: :p

pirate4state
12-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Yeah, and we just had Region III cupcakes up until the semis. :devil: :p :confused: :confused: Surely you are mistaken! There are NO cupcakes in Region III!!

buff4ever
12-05-2008, 03:18 PM
:confused: :confused: Surely you are mistaken! There are NO cupcakes in Region III!!

Now you are getting it!:D