PDA

View Full Version : When will LH go 4A?

Fletch
12-02-2008, 04:34 PM
This from a newsletter I get:

SMALL TOWN ENJOYS HOUSING BOOM

LIBERTY HILL (Austin American-Statesman) – The quiet Texas town just north of Cedar Park and Leander is buzzing with new home construction and sales, making it an exception to the current norm of the real estate industry.

Liberty Hill is the only real estate zone in Travis, Williamson, Bastrop and Hays counties where more homes have sold this year than last. Through October, 150 homes have sold there, with a median price of $217,000, compared with 112 homes sold through October 2007, with a median price of $229,840.

New developments in the works include Stone House Estates, Cierra Springs, Cierra Vista, Sundance Ranch, Gabriel's Overlook, Stonewall Ranch and Rio Ancho Ranch.

Looks like they aren't long for 3A. What's their enrollment now?

jason
12-02-2008, 04:36 PM
their enrollment was 704 the last go around...

Super_R
12-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Fletch

LIBERTY HILL (Austin American-Statesman) – The quiet Texas town just north of Cedar Park and Leander is buzzing with new home construction and sales, making it an exception to the current norm of the real estate industry.

Liberty Hill is the only real estate zone in Travis, Williamson, Bastrop and Hays counties where more homes have sold this year than last. Through October, 150 homes have sold there, with a median price of $217,000, compared with 112 homes sold through October 2007, with a median price of $229,840.

New developments in the works include Stone House Estates, Cierra Springs, Cierra Vista, Sundance Ranch, Gabriel's Overlook, Stonewall Ranch and Rio Ancho Ranch.

The influx seem to be a lot of young couples with no or very young kids. The HS probably wont feel the increase for some time.

duckpluck
12-02-2008, 04:51 PM
My guess is 6 years.

JR2004
12-02-2008, 04:52 PM
They'll eventually move up and get to see how much fun big school football can be. I would guess they'll make it through at least 3 more realignments, possibly 4.

DDBooger
12-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
They'll eventually move up and get to see how much fun big school football can be. I would guess they'll make it through at least 3 more realignments, possibly 4.
by that time Lake Travis will be a big 5A. they may run the show there too, at least in that area, maybe the state.

charlesrixey
12-02-2008, 04:56 PM
5 years

Emerson1
12-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
The influx seem to be a lot of young couples with no or very young kids. The HS probably wont feel the increase for some time.
Sounds like Forney. I had always heard it was starter homes and families moving this way. Next thing I know we have 2000 students in the HS

Super_R
12-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Sounds like Forney. I had always heard it was starter homes and families moving this way. Next thing I know we have 2000 students in the HS

Say it ain't so. That would be terrible. I like the small town atmosphere.

Panther One
12-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Leander is going to be opening up a fifth high school, so the growth is headed our way. I would guess the 2014 realignment or maybe even 2016 if the top of 3A keeps going up. We could always put a stop to open enrollment to keep the numbers down...not so much for realignment reasons, but for growth and lack of space reasons.

I don't think moving up to 4A is going to end our run of success, as long as the current system stays in place. I think one thing that is going to make it hard for Coach Vance to retire is seeing all the good classes that keep coming up through the ranks. Unless Coach Vance retires and we bring in a spread coach, we should continue our winning ways for years to come.

Emerson1
12-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Say it ain't so. That would be terrible. I like the small town atmosphere.
I think any place in the hill country will always have a small town feel. The chances of a new stadium will get slimmer though.

Come on
12-02-2008, 06:50 PM
It won't be until after they beat Bridgeport:D

Gobbla2001
12-02-2008, 06:50 PM
whenever they want to...

Panther One
12-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
whenever they want to...
That would be nice...maybe Wylie can share their secret. :D

headhunter
12-02-2008, 07:10 PM
It would be a good idea to get a bigger stadium, it is one of the smallest around.

Also by going up to 4A it will be harder to be successful with just running the ball, schools will have bigger kids and more of them to put a solid 11 on the field. I'm not saying they can't be successful but as you move up you don't see offenses like LH's win to many championships.

slingshot
12-02-2008, 07:19 PM
No secret at Wylie... our enrollment keeps going up--slowly. The UIL has just raised the upper limit of 3A faster than our enrollment growth.

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Fletch

It's kind of funny that they're saying "new" developments about Sundance, since they've been building homes there since we moved here in '95. I heard a while back that one of the Cierra developers (not sure which one) filed bankruptcy.

I want to say that the beginning of school numbers were 50 kids total, all grades combined, more than last year. :thinking:

OrangeChamps
12-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Not soon enough. 2006 would have been just about perfect.

Panther One
12-02-2008, 07:33 PM
I almost forgot, we're getting our first fast food franchise...a Sonic. There's no telling how many families that will attract to the area.

We have a dominos and Subway, too, but I don't consider that fast food.

solocam
12-02-2008, 07:41 PM
McDonalds to,they bought the property that Star burger is on

Super_R
12-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
It would be a good idea to get a bigger stadium, it is one of the smallest around.

Also by going up to 4A it will be harder to be successful with just running the ball, schools will have bigger kids and more of them to put a solid 11 on the field. I'm not saying they can't be successful but as you move up you don't see offenses like LH's win to many championships.

Isn't U Trinity primarily a run team? They won 5A in 07'.

Super_R
12-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by solocam

Doesn't Sonic have something in the works. We need a DQ...for "Big game of the week" reasons.

Matthew328
12-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Trinity is primarily run as is Everman both of whom have had success in higher levels. It can be done.

solocam
12-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Doesn't Sonic have something in the works. We need a DQ...for "Big game of the week" reasons.
Yep,they will be on the other side of 29 i believe

Panther One
12-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Trinity is primarily run as is Everman both of whom have had success in higher levels. It can be done.
If you have the right athletes, you can win with any system.

solocam
12-02-2008, 08:29 PM
HEB bought the property on the southeast corner of 29 and 183 at seward junction behind where Don's BBQ used to be
I hear it will be a few years before they build though

MJMbrahmas10
12-02-2008, 11:05 PM
hopefully before the state game so if bellville wins out we wont have to face them

Twirling Time
12-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Sounds liike LH and Celina have a lot in common. LH has a head start in enrollment but Celina seems ticketed for 4A in the next 5-7 years or so also.

Celina will do well in this area in 4A, although Sherman and Denison will have an edge for a while. The Frisco schools are weak and McKinney schools are so-so. Every time Denton rises up, they open a new high school and dilute the talent.

Celina just got a Sonic a couple of years ago, a Church's Chicken at the convenience store, and a Brookshires. No DQ yet, but I'm hoping someone opens a Subway either in Celina or Gunter.

Stownhorse
12-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
That would be nice...maybe Wylie can share their secret. :D

The Wylie area isnt blowing up like anything out your way.

I usually make the trip to Austin about 3 or 4 times a year and every time i roll through the cedar park/leander area it looks different.

I know Liberty Hill is about 40 min. north but I can still imagine since that area is exploding out there.

firstcat
12-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by solocam

I read that McDonalds, Sonic, Starbucks, Bush's Chicken, and CVS Pharmacy have already bought land in LH.

LHexPlayer
12-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by firstcat
I read that McDonalds, Sonic, Starbucks, Bush's Chicken, and CVS Pharmacy have already bought land in LH.

Great just great:rolleyes:

kepdawg
12-03-2008, 08:12 PM
So far this season:

Euless Trinity

Rushing Yards: 3002
Passing Yards: 2183