PDA

View Full Version : 872 Pounds of The Green

RanchRadio
12-02-2008, 03:50 PM
(TEMPLE) A Temple Police Officer stopped an 18 wheeler Sunday on a traffic violation, a stop that led to a major drug bust. At about 10:50 am, thee Officer was observing traffic on northbound Interstate 35 when he noticed an 18-wheeler committing a traffic violation. The Officer became suspicious after stopping the vehicle and speaking to the driver. The driver gave permission to have the vehicle searched. After a thorough search, the Officer located 872 pounds of marijuana (with an estimated street value of $872,000) in the trailer compartment.

The driver was identified as Armando Chavarin, a 31-year-old Laredo man. He was arrested without incident and taken to Bell County Jail, where he faces Federal charges for narcotics trafficking. The vehicle and marijuana were seized.

pictures on www.kmil.com

HM33
12-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Nice size of cash he was carrying around. Don't really understand why he would say that they could look it there.

poisoned10
12-03-2008, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by HM33
Nice size of cash he was carrying around. Don't really understand why he would say that they could look it there.

What do you think's going to happen if he told them no?

Keith7
12-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
What do you think's going to happen if he told them no?

the police officer would have to get a warrant or bring in drug dogs to give him probable cause..

perhaps the truck driver thought the weed was hidden good enough the cop wouldn't see it, but I bet that amount you could probably smell as soon as you opened the door

poisoned10
12-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
the police officer would have to get a warrant or bring in drug dogs to give him probable cause..

perhaps the truck driver thought the weed was hidden good enough the cop wouldn't see it, but I bet that amount you could probably smell as soon as you opened the door

Seems like it would be pretty hard to hide almost 900 pounds of weed to me. Maybe not. I don't really know because I'm not a smuggler.

Keith7
12-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Well I would imagine he would have it in boxes or crates or something.. I wouldn't think he would have it out in the open.. but you never know some people are pretty stupid

Necks_Fan
12-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Well I would imagine he would have it in boxes or crates or something.. I wouldn't think he would have it out in the open.. but you never know some people are pretty stupid I think it's pretty stupid to have weed in the first place, much less, 872 lbs pounds of it.

HM33
12-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Bet he was getting paid good :P lol....