PDA

View Full Version : Experienced Fantasy Players: HELP

RanchRadio
12-02-2008, 03:36 PM
For all of you seasoned fantasy football owners, I'm in kind of a bind, and need your advice.

In my league you have the option for an Offensive Player, where you can start an extra offensive weapon. It's often smarter to start a Quarterback in that offensive position. Going into the final week of the regular season, I desperately need a win this week. Right now I have Drew Bree's and Tyler Thigpen at my quarterbacks. right now i have the option to pick up a QB.

Should I pick Joe Flacco VS. Washington, Trent Edwards VS Miami, Kerry Collins VS Cleveland, Gus Frerotte vs DET or Jeff Garcia VS Carolina

Red&White_9x5
12-02-2008, 03:58 PM
That is a unique league setup. Here is my take for what it's worth:
Collins won't have to throw much this week and his two back will run wild over Cleveland and the same could be said about Frerotte against the Lions. Edwards is facing a decent defense and he hasn't been very productive this season on top of that. So that leaves you with a choice between Garcia and Flacco. I think both will have to throw the ball to get a win this week.Baltimore is at home and Tampa is on the road

RanchRadio
12-02-2008, 04:26 PM
The problem with Flacco is that he actually has to play a defense with a pulse this week. I'm thinkin a little bit more about Frerotte last time they played detroit he threw for 300 yards.

goosealaniz
12-02-2008, 04:36 PM
i would go with flaco... i have him starting in two of my leagues

Texasfootball2
12-02-2008, 04:39 PM
I think Flacco is definitley your best options. He's had quality games against some pretty good defenses including Pittsburg earlier this year.

48minutes
12-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Flacco would be my choice as well, I start Peyton and have Rodgers as my back up. Thats a pretty good two to have. :)

I have never heard of this type of setup though, kind of odd. I imagine everyone in your league uses the qb at that position?

HM33
12-02-2008, 05:19 PM
I would go with Frerotte and then my second choice would be Edwards. and Flacco would be number three.

Emerson1
12-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Josh Cribbs

RanchRadio
12-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by 48minutes
Flacco would be my choice as well, I start Peyton and have Rodgers as my back up. Thats a pretty good two to have. :)

I have never heard of this type of setup though, kind of odd. I imagine everyone in your league uses the qb at that position?

Yeah if they don't their just stupid. We didn't mean to set it up like that. We wanted an extra offensive position but, we couldn't get it to work with ESPN to only be a RB/WR and not a QB.

HM33
12-03-2008, 12:44 PM
So you will have 3 QBs starting??? thats not even fun.

RanchRadio
12-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by HM33
So you will have 3 QBs starting??? thats not even fun.

what? where did you get that?
no we have
QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
OP
TE
D/ST
K

HM33
12-03-2008, 01:10 PM
awww misread the first post.... Thats how our league was last year. The teams scored to many points so we cut back....
QB
RB
RB/WR
WR
WR
TE
D/Spt
K

RanchRadio
12-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Yeah, i doubt we'll do it next year. Its just unfair if both of your QB's are playing, but if your opponent's QB's has an off week.

But if there were no off weeks we wouldn't have that problem. haha

sahen
12-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by 48minutes

I have Brees starting with Rodgers as my backup...cant say i can complain about that...

Red&White_9x5
12-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Got Warner with Peyton as his backup. I would have never dreamed that I would have Peyton Manning and have kept him on the bench for 90% of the season. Especially in place of old man Warner

crzyjournalist03
12-03-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm fretting between starting Tony Romo or Shaun Hill in the first round of the fantasy playoffs...Romo got me where I am, but Pittsburgh on Sunday is going to be about 20 degrees at kickoff, snowy, and going against the league's number one defense.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by RanchRadio
For all of you seasoned fantasy football owners, I'm in kind of a bind, and need your advice.

In my league you have the option for an Offensive Player, where you can start an extra offensive weapon. It's often smarter to start a Quarterback in that offensive position. Going into the final week of the regular season, I desperately need a win this week. Right now I have Drew Bree's and Tyler Thigpen at my quarterbacks. right now i have the option to pick up a QB.

Should I pick Joe Flacco VS. Washington, Trent Edwards VS Miami, Kerry Collins VS Cleveland, Gus Frerotte vs DET or Jeff Garcia VS Carolina

Personally I'd go with Collins against Cleveland. Even though I expect them to RUN all over the Browns, I'd also expect Collins to have a good day as well.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I'm fretting between starting Tony Romo or Shaun Hill in the first round of the fantasy playoffs...Romo got me where I am, but Pittsburgh on Sunday is going to be about 20 degrees at kickoff, snowy, and going against the league's number one defense.

How dare you consider going against Romo!, Except for against the steelers in Pittsburg. I thin the streak stops here this weekend. I absolutely hope I'm wrong. He'll have to have a great day to win in pittsburg. So If your confident that the Boyz will roll, stick with him!!

Keith7
12-04-2008, 04:08 AM
Jeff Garcia