PDA

View Full Version : How many people actually went to UT?

Keith7
12-01-2008, 11:26 PM
And if not, how can you call yourself a longhorn?

discuss...

DDBooger
12-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
And if not, how can you call yourself a longhorn?

discuss... are you asking the same of the Aggies, Sooner and Tech fans?:thinking:

I'm a Bobcat!:D
we just got knocked out:rolleyes: lol

sinton66
12-01-2008, 11:30 PM
You don't have to go there to be a fan. I've never played for the Dallas Cowboys, but I'm a fan. You've never played for the Eagles, but you're a fan.

eagles_victory
12-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Never understood how people thought they had the right to tell people who they can and cannot be a fan of just doesn't make sense.

handNthedirt
12-01-2008, 11:32 PM
I was raised by an ol Ag...accepted scholarship to play ball as a Midwestern Indian.

Keith7
12-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
You don't have to go there to be a fan. I've never played for the Dallas Cowboys, but I'm a fan. You've never played for the Eagles, but you're a fan.

I don't say I'm an Eagle (well I guess I do sometimes in reference to UNT)..

But I also lived in Philadelphia as a kid so I have something to relate to.. I bet 90% of "longhorns" have never lived in Austin or even stepped foot on UT's campus, how can you truely be a longhorn fan? Is this the definition of bandwagon jumping?

TheDOCTORdre
12-01-2008, 11:36 PM
I did

DDBooger
12-01-2008, 11:37 PM

But I also lived in Philadelphia as a kid so I have something to relate to.. 90% of "longhorns" have never lived in Austin or even stepped foot on UT's campus, how can you truely be a longhorn fan? Is this the definition of bandwagon jumping?
you know empirically that 90% of fans have never done what you said? and again, why singling out UT? I know tons of Aggie fans just because a person is "country" lol and Tech fans because, well don't know why! haha sounds like you just want to :stirpot: and:1popcorn:

headhunter
12-01-2008, 11:37 PM
I agree it would be pretty bad if only people who went to UT bought the T-shits ans other merchandise. I would assume that the sales would take a hit, I don't think they let just anyone go to school their. I am not sure why you ask this question but I have a friend that everytime I wear a longhorn shirt he calls me a t-shirt fan, meaning I shouldn't really be wearing it and I am not a true supporter. I always tell him that would be pretty sad if you look down on people for being a fan of your team because they don't meet your qualifications of attending the University of Texas. I myself am a Texas State Bobcat and we welcome all fans and supporters.

Ranger Mom
12-01-2008, 11:38 PM
I have never claimed to be a "longhorn" but I am a longhorn fan!!

I HAVE stepped on the UT campus...heck, I have even stepped on the football field and took a pic with Big Earl!!:D

sinton66

But I also lived in Philadelphia as a kid so I have something to relate to.. 90% of "longhorns" have never lived in Austin or even stepped foot on UT's campus, how can you truely be a longhorn fan? Is this the definition of bandwagon jumping?

No, I've been to UT games at DKR. I've been to highschool games at DKR. I lived in Dallas and went to Cowboy games at Texas Stadium. I think I have every bit as much right as you do to call myself a fan of whomever I please. And exactly where do you come up with this 90% stuff? There's no way you could know that for fact.

DDBooger
Originally posted by headhunter
I myself am a Texas State Bobcat and we welcome all fans and supporters. :D ditto:clap: :thumbsup:

handNthedirt
12-01-2008, 11:39 PM
I live in Austin and horn fan is most definitely this biggest bandwagoner known to man....this weeks BCS standings is Christmas come early for this fella.

DDBooger
12-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
I live in Austin and horn fan is most definitely this biggest bandwagoner known to man.... like aggie fans of the 80s and 90s. its cyclical. Im sure its the same in okie land

handNthedirt
12-01-2008, 11:43 PM
horn fan needs something to latch onto to feel successful...it's hialarious when things go south for them...nothing but cryin. I'm a proud Ag by birth and while our football is miserable as of now, the Spirit of Aggieland remains undefeated.

TMer25
12-01-2008, 11:43 PM
2001 UT Grad

DDBooger
12-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
horn fan needs something to latch onto to feel successful...it's hialarious when things go south for them...nothing but cryin. I'm a proud Ag by birth and while our football is miserable as of now, the Spirit of Aggieland remains undefeated. lmao, are you serious. go to you own forums and tell me that isn't crying! its hilarious!!! Aggie fans aren't necessarily spirited as they are light-spirited about their situation ie, making jokes about themselves and team. Otherwise the diehards are very split on their situation and there is a lot of frustration. I think you need to take the maroon t*ttie out your mouth and quit sounding like a bitter old man. if anything seeing texas fans being excited about their team makes you sick. I could care less about how another set of fan acts, figured it only matters how you support your team?

handNthedirt
12-01-2008, 11:48 PM
looking at most of the vehicles around town with horn decals...the drivers either don't have a full set of teeth, or are in this country illegally...true stuff man...hilarious...goes right along with what you sayin Keith.

handNthedirt
12-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
lmao, are you serious. go to you own forums and tell me that isn't crying! its hilarious!!! Aggie fans aren't necessarily spirited as they are light-spirited about their situation ie, making jokes about themselves and team. Otherwise the diehards are very split on their situation and there is a lot of frustration. I think you need to take the maroon t*ttie out your mouth and quit sounding like a bitter old man. if anything seeing texas fans being excited about their team makes you sick. I could care less about how another set of fan acts, figured it only matters how you support your team?

while Aggie football was a huge part of my childhood, my life as an adult doesn't evolve around it. i'm an Aggie win or lose...saturday doesn't dictate my outlook on the next week. horn fans are hilarious man. fire mike sherman by the way...guy is a bum!

JR2004
12-01-2008, 11:52 PM
I like UT...I went to ACC in Austin my first year of college (The Rio Grande campus which was the original Austin High School. Old, but I loved the history of the campus), but was about a 1/4 mile away from the campus where I lived with my roommate who went to UT (he later finished up at UofH.). I spent everyday on the UT campus after I got out of class at ACC because I had a membership to Gregory Gym (Man that place is phenomenal.) I was going to just transfer my classes into UT after two years, but God had other plans so I wound up at SAGU instead playing football. It would've been nice to go to UT, but I'm glad with how things worked out. Maybe I'll eventually go back down to Austin one day and go to UT or maybe if I make the move to SoCal (hopefully sooner rather than later) I'll one day be a USC Trojan or UCLA Bruin. Who knows how things will work out... :)

sinton66
12-01-2008, 11:59 PM
I would have loved to go to UT. No way I could afford it. Grades might not have cut it either.

Necks_Fan
12-02-2008, 12:03 AM
I'll be honest, I grew up a Longhorn fan, well, just because.

I am NOT hater of other Texas schools though. I support Tech/UT/ and A&M.

I am GOING to A&M next fall, and will undoubtedly be a SUPREME aggie fan until then, but for now, I'm supporting UT because they DESERVED to play in the NC. I think they got screwed from someone who has no dog in this fight's opinon.

I will always be an Aggie after this coming year, so I will always support them, but I have always supported UT as well from a distance. I guess you could call me a bandwagon fan in that respect. I don't care one way or another what people think of me. I got alot more important things to woory about. :)

slpybear the bullfan
12-02-2008, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
like aggie fans of the 80s and 90s. its cyclical. Im sure its the same in okie land

The default football team in OKIE land is OU. So, they get lots of "non-attending" fans. Same with Arkansas in Arkansas... Nebraska... etc.

At least in Texas we have tons of teams for you to follow and root on.

Heck... I went to UTA. We were UT fans by default since we had no football program. :( :( :(

Txbroadcaster
12-02-2008, 12:21 AM
I have always found it funny that first people think they can tell others who they can or cannot root for and then those that look down on the "t-shirt" fan

I have always said this

who is a bigger fan?

Someone who grew up supporting the school lived and died with every win and loss basically from the time they started watching football as a kid...or someone who never cared till they became a student of the school?

Ranger Mom
12-02-2008, 12:32 AM
This is just a stupid argument to me!

By one of the analogies above, I should only be able to be a fan of Coahoma, where I went to school and Greenwood, because I live here?? And that's it??

What a bunch of hogwash!!!

CHS_CG
12-02-2008, 12:43 AM
I am an aggie fan... I live close enough to CS, I work in CS and my uncle went to A&M... I have been on campus many times, been to yell practices, been on the field, watched LH play there... Why in the heck would you have to go to the school or play sports there to be a fan..... stupid

Necks_Fan
12-02-2008, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

By one of the analogies above, I should only be able to be a fan of Coahoma, where I went to school and Greenwood, because I live here?? And that's it??

What a bunch of hogwash!!! I don't care either.

I'll support a team in our district, a team from this state, I'm a fan of any team that had established a great program. Will I root for a certain team over another, sure, but who says who I can and can't support when I want?

:confused:

NOONE in immediate family went to UT, BUT we ALL like UT and root for them to do well.

Same with A&M, except they are down right now, so not m,uch to root for.

sahen
12-02-2008, 12:48 AM
lol...this is a very strange thread...at Baylor we don't have t-shirt fans, everyone bleeds green and gold that is pulling for the bears, all the fence post sitters were gotten rid of long ago by our football program...gotta be a true bear fan (degree or no degree) to pull for the bears now...however, basketball is changing this...

BobcatBenny
12-02-2008, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

What a bunch of hogwash!!!
RM, clarify something about this discussion will you? I want to make sure I understand.

Since Keith7 is a douche.

Does that mean he uses feminine hygiene products? :D

Astrosdawg07
12-02-2008, 12:51 AM
I'm in the UT system at UT TYLER does that count for anything lol...

pirate4state
12-02-2008, 01:01 AM
:rolleyes: