PDA

View Full Version : Why don't men read instructions???

Ranger Mom
12-01-2008, 07:45 PM
GRRRR!!!!:flaming: :foul: :mad:

pirate4state
12-01-2008, 07:50 PM
:D

run Jimmy!!!

IHStangFan
12-01-2008, 07:50 PM
because with a few modifications w/ simple hand tools we can make it work w/out them.......and a few parts that originally came with it.......sometimes :D

coach
12-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

bc a woman probably worte them

garciap77
12-01-2008, 10:13 PM

And waste time?;)

DaHop72
12-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Instructions are like directions to men, who needs them.:devil: :devil:

Looking4number8
12-01-2008, 11:05 PM

because we are all brilliant!

Ranger Mom
12-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
because with a few modifications w/ simple hand tools we can make it work w/out them.......and a few parts that originally came with it.......sometimes :D

Yeah....well his "modifications" ruined my transition molding for my wood floor!

When the instructions CLEARLY state SEVERAL times, "DO NOT remove molding from track as this can result in irreparable damage to the molding".....you would think you would know NOT to put it all together first, so you could "see what it looks like!" :doh:

Originally posted by garciap77
And waste time?;)

He wasted my time, that's for sure!!

Needless to say, I STILL don't have any transition molding on the floor because now I have to go buy another set!!

:mad:

I should have know just to do it myself! That's what I get for trying to get my tree decorated and leaving him alone with his own "devices!":eek:

It's all good now, we are friends again!:p

thatboiwes
12-02-2008, 12:02 AM
What are, as you put it, 'instructions'? I don't think I've ever heard of that before.

Ranger Mom
12-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by thatboiwes
What are, as you put it, 'instructions'? I don't think I've ever heard of that before.

Now how come that doesn't surprise me??:p

thatboiwes
12-02-2008, 12:07 AM
Now how come that doesn't surprise me??:p

Maybe because I don't speak French? "Instructions" is a French word, right?

RedWhiteBlue
12-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Ranger Mom..... surely after all this time you know that men screw things up on purpose. They learn at a very early age that if they mess something up- a woman will either get frustrated enough or angry enough to just take it over. Then the man never has to worry about having to do it again- because the woman won't want it screwed up again. It is a conspiracy!!!!:rolleyes: :doh:

Looking4number8
12-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Ranger Mom..... surely after all this time you know that men screw things up on purpose. They learn at a very early age that if they mess something up- a woman will either get frustrated enough or angry enough to just take it over. Then the man never has to worry about having to do it again- because the woman won't want it screwed up again. It is a conspiracy!!!!:rolleyes: :doh:

You know RWB you are right. My 2nd wife was a real sucker some times. She used too get real lazy on the laundry. She was a stay at home mom and I managed a restaurant working over 80 hours a week. When she did this I would do a load of laundry and include one of her favorite pieces of clothing on hot water, completly screwing it up! Then for about 6 months she would not let let me in the laundry room and stay up on the laundry. Process repeated about every 6 months.

Also firgured out (by accident ) when she got mad, she cleaned the house... real good! Well, we somehow had a fight every couple of weeks! That one was fun! She loved to vacum under my feet while I watched a game... funny she thought I really liked the NBA! LOL

Lion_Addict
12-02-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Also firgured out (by accident ) when she got mad, she cleaned the house... real good!

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif That is sooooo very true! Our house has been way clean lately :D

Looking4number8
12-02-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif That is sooooo very true! Our house has been way clean lately :D

Its really not a bad thing. The house is clean, they are not talking to you all the time and wanting you to go shopping with you! They also pick up your dishes real quick just to make a point. All you get is a "your a sorry sob look" ... I can live with that as long as I know where the remote is!

RedWhiteBlue
12-02-2008, 09:54 AM
You know RWB you are right. My 2nd wife was a real sucker some times. She used too get real lazy on the laundry. She was a stay at home mom and I managed a restaurant working over 80 hours a week. When she did this I would do a load of laundry and include one of her favorite pieces of clothing on hot water, completly screwing it up! Then for about 6 months she would not let let me in the laundry room and stay up on the laundry. Process repeated about every 6 months.

Also firgured out (by accident ) when she got mad, she cleaned the house... real good! Well, we somehow had a fight every couple of weeks! That one was fun! She loved to vacum under my feet while I watched a game... funny she thought I really liked the NBA! LOL
I told you!! My husband's big 'faker' thing is the laundry, too. Funny thing is..... I figured this out about 13 years ago and he can't mess it up now without getting in big trouble!!:eek: He has also figured out that if he does'nt help me around the house that I will hire someone to do it and that just costs him in the end. :D

Trashman
12-02-2008, 12:20 PM

It gives women something to gripe about?:D

garciap77
12-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Yeah....well his "modifications" ruined my transition molding for my wood floor!

When the instructions CLEARLY state SEVERAL times, "DO NOT remove molding from track as this can result in irreparable damage to the molding".....you would think you would know NOT to put it all together first, so you could "see what it looks like!" :doh:

He wasted my time, that's for sure!!

Needless to say, I STILL don't have any transition molding on the floor because now I have to go buy another set!!

:mad:

I should have know just to do it myself! That's what I get for trying to get my tree decorated and leaving him alone with his own "devices!":eek:

It's all good now, we are friends again!:p

Was there beer involved during the installation?:D

thatboiwes
12-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
It gives women something to gripe about?:D

Like women need anything else to gripe about.

A woman can find the "rusty lineing" of even the best of things and turn it into a 3-day fight.

Ranger Mom
12-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Was there beer involved during the installation?:D

Not a drop! He normally doesn't do anything without my supervision, because he knows I am always right!!:D

For some reason, he just wanted to see what all the molding looked like when it was put together, but you can't get it apart after you put it together...which, was PLAINLY written in the instructions!!!

I must admit, the man can clean a kitchen though! He does a way better job than I do, so on his days off, that is his one and only "house chore!"

Ranger Mom
12-02-2008, 10:51 PM

A woman can find the "rusty lineing" of even the best of things and turn it into a 3-day fight.

After reading this board for over 6 years, I have come to the conclusion that MEN gripe WAY more than a woman ever could!!!

:doh:

sinton66
12-02-2008, 10:54 PM

And remind you of it 25 years later.:D

poisoned10
12-03-2008, 08:26 AM
After reading this board for over 6 years, I have come to the conclusion that MEN gripe WAY more than a woman ever could!!!

:doh:

Well when the women are outnumbered, what?, 750 to 1, then it probably does sound that way.

But when you go out with another married woman, do you not at some point, have something to gripe to her about that your husbands did or didn't do? It's pretty much a garunteed topic of discussion.

poisoned10
12-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
And remind you of it 25 years later.:D

Great! This is what I have to look forward to 25 years from now? What we argued about this month? :doh:

Looking4number8
12-03-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
Great! This is what I have to look forward to 25 years from now? What we argued about this month? :doh:

No my young friend, you do not have to look forward to it "25 years from now"..... you have to look forward to it "for the next 25 years"

Women with their memories are like squirles with there acorns. They have them stored and pull them out anytime they need them!

poisoned10
12-03-2008, 09:01 AM
No my young friend, you do not have to look forward to it "25 years from now"..... you have to look forward to it "for the next 25 years"

Women with their memories are like squirles with there acorns. They have them stored and pull them out anytime they need them!

Even better.:helpme:

Ranger Mom
12-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Well when the women are outnumbered, what?, 750 to 1, then it probably does sound that way.

But when you go out with another married woman, do you not at some point, have something to gripe to her about that your husbands did or didn't do? It's pretty much a garunteed topic of discussion.

750 to 1??

We only have 1749 members....and we have WAY over 2 women!!

:p

poisoned10
12-03-2008, 10:19 AM
750 to 1??

We only have 1749 members....and we have WAY over 2 women!!

:p

I was going by the member number of myself which is 8627. So that gives you 11.5 women on the board.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2008, 10:21 AM
I was going by the member number of myself which is 8627. So that gives you 11.5 women on the board.

Even using that analogy, there are still way over 11.5 women here!!

I just sat here and named 13 of them off the top of my head!

poisoned10
12-03-2008, 10:30 AM

I wasn't trying to be precise. The 750 to 1 was an exaggeration. All I was trying to say is that there are more guys then girls, therefore there will be more guys to complain.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2008, 10:46 AM
I wasn't trying to be precise. The 750 to 1 was an exaggeration. All I was trying to say is that there are more guys then girls, therefore there will be more guys to complain.

and exaggerate!!:p :p

Looking4number8
12-03-2008, 11:05 AM

See poisoned... now you have another woman with a memory that will be used against you in the future... good luck with your life!:ack!:

Reds fan
12-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue

:iagree:

As Bill Cosby said about men- "we are dumb, but not so dumb":D

poisoned10
12-03-2008, 01:02 PM
See poisoned... now you have another woman with a memory that will be used against you in the future... good luck with your life!:ack!:

It's a vicious cycle.

garciap77
12-04-2008, 08:40 PM

But, how many times do posters think "She is a He"?

Ranger Mom
12-04-2008, 09:12 PM
But, how many times do posters think "She is a He"?

Doesn't matter...I KNOW who is a he and who is a she!!

sinton66
12-04-2008, 09:33 PM

Oh, trust me, it can completely disappear and jump up 25 years later with no provocation at all.:D

Ranger Mom
12-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Oh, trust me, it can completely disappear and jump up 25 years later with no provocation at all.:D

That seriously made me laugh!!!

Ain't that the truth????

poisoned10
12-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Why can't the past be left in the past?

Nooooo! Every thing a man ever thinks about doing that the woman considers wrong is noted and stored in a part of the brain that some how never forgets anything.

Me, I have a hard time remembering important things from 2 days ago. Much less UNimportant things from several years ago.