PDA

View Full Version : Lane Kiffen is...

lakers
12-01-2008, 05:55 PM
the new head coach at The Univeristy of Tennessee...

FYI...

injuredinmelee
12-01-2008, 06:09 PM
and his daddy will be his D.C. I bet he puts together a pretty good staff there.

beartwin
12-01-2008, 07:17 PM
I think he will do a good job. Here he will be given a far chance that Al Davis never really gave him in Oakland.

TheDOCTORdre
12-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
and his daddy will be his D.C. I bet he puts together a pretty good staff there.
monty is the man

gobbler grad
12-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by lakers
the new head coach at The Univeristy of Tennessee...

FYI...

Sorry to hear that...:dispntd:

lakers
12-01-2008, 09:01 PM
I was excited to hear that with all the rumors that Mike Leach was interested...;)

beartwin
12-01-2008, 11:29 PM
He's already being accused of a recruiting violation. How can you get in trouble on your first day at the job?

Bull Butter
12-02-2008, 12:41 AM
On working for the Raiders........"You can't go to school and learn crisis management like working for that franchise"

Good one, Lane!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Best of luck in Knoxville!:)

WTF-82
12-02-2008, 12:45 AM
This is big he will become another Pete Carroll one day. He will also fight of some recruits from Alabama,and Flordia,and Lsu keeping them from just easily load up this is great for College ball. He is a great offensive mind.

3afan
12-02-2008, 07:29 AM
from Yahoo!

Welcome to the SEC, cheater. Signed, Ol' Ball Coach.
By Matt Hinton
Welcome to Tennessee, Lane Kiffin. Your grace period ended 12 hours ago:

South Carolina’s Steve Spurrier questioned whether new Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin broke an NCAA rule when he called a recruit a day before he was introduced as the Volunteers’ new coach.

According to a story published on VolQuest.com, part of the Rivals’ network, Kiffin and former Gamecocks recruiting coordinator David Reaves called Tampa running back Jarvis Giles on Sunday and left him voice messages.
[...]
"You’re supposed to have passed the NCAA test and be on board, I think. But maybe he was just calling him as an interested observer," Spurrier said today, laughing. "I don’t know. But technically to be able to recruit you’re supposed to pass the NCAA test."

Wow, kid. Unless you're Nick Saban, it usually takes at least a winning season before opposing coaches start accusing you of recruiting violations. They're already accepting you in the club! (If you're going to get accused, anyway, just make sure your next alleged violation really counts).

Meanwhile, Kiffin was determined to show during his introduction today that he may be naive and unprepared to lead a major program, but he's not backing down: Echoing Jim Tressel's "In 310 days in Ann Arbor" speech at Ohio State, Kiffin told reporters "It's going to be fun hearing 'Rocky Top' after we beat Florida next year." Cute, but a little forced.

I'm not saying Tennessee's not going to beat Florida next year in Gainesville. But has Lane Kiffin ever heard "Rocky Top"? Played 200 times over the course of three hours? He's not from Tennessee, you know; he hasn't been immunized to the repetition, or bred to appreciate the intricate sublimity of "Corn from a jar." Win or lose, by the end of the game, he'll be calling his agent about NFL openings just to get away from it.

UPDATE: A couple very concerned Vol fans have asked me to note that Kiffin addressed the test in question at his press conference, and said he took it last week. So there you go. The post is about Spurrier, since -- like most allegations of recruiting malpractice within the ranks -- this barb would be exceedingly petty even if true. But for what it's worth: Kiffin said he passed the test.

link (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Welcome-to-the-SEC-cheater-Signed-Ol-Ball-Co?urn=ncaaf,125819)

Phil C
12-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Gee he may have set a record for the soonest to get in hot water and this is right at the start of winter. :)