southeastfootball
11-11-2001, 05:47 PM
Does anyone know anything about them??

netgif
11-11-2001, 06:27 PM
i do, what do u want to know about them

bccards
11-11-2001, 06:39 PM
If you're asking about the Playoff location, and who they're playing.. here's the answer:

Woodville vs. Barbers Hill
Lumberton Raiders Stadium
Friday, 7:30 PM

3Aroy
11-11-2001, 09:15 PM
They are not going to be any competition for Barbers Hill.

Husker98
11-11-2001, 09:21 PM
I think you're right 3Aroy. Hamshire-Fannett beat Woodville in the preseason, and Barber's Hill beat H-F in district. Barely, but they did.

TRY ME - I'LL MAKE YOU FAMOUS

Old Cardinal
11-11-2001, 09:24 PM
I agree with 3ARoy, BH always wins that 22-AAA Dist. but never gets anywhere. They should take Woodville but Newton will beat them as bad as Curtis Barbay wants to, if they get that far.

RBARKER
11-11-2001, 10:30 PM
Old Cardinal, I see you are still a little sad about Newton killing Bridge City but do not confuse Bridge City with Barbers Hill. We unlike Bridge City do have a good team and will give Newton a good game. As far as Newton if Sealy dont get them then the winner out of Rice and BH will give them the fight of their season.Good luck to all in the Playoffs.

[This message has been edited by RBARKER (edited November 11, 2001).]

southeastfootball
11-11-2001, 11:02 PM
Hey old cardinal is back i have missed your negative comments about barbers hill I was wondering is woodville going to give bh a game are will it not even be a game

Old Cardinal
11-12-2001, 08:33 AM
Boy this was a setup, I was trying to rattle the cage of ole "BH 146" and get him started again....no I don't think Woodville will take BH. Ya'll beat H-F by 3 points and they beat Woodville in preseason. But remember, these are HS kids and postseason stirs some real emotions. We could all be going to the house earlier than we expect in postseason.

BH_146
11-12-2001, 10:33 AM
I totally agree with you Old Cardinal about the fact that these are kids and sometimes they do things that are out of character. Which may be good but sometimes not as we found out last year against Sweeny. Check back with you later, I just heard another plane went down in New York City.

classof 85
11-12-2001, 04:03 PM
I have to say Woodville is a football team with a lot of weeknesses. My prediction is Barbers hill 42----Woodville 0

Husker98
11-13-2001, 10:43 AM
My prediction is more like 28-0 Barber's Hill. Maybe 42-0 if they play their starters the whole game. I think Barber's Hill's record has a lot of people fooled. They will win this week, but Rice will end their season next week.

TRY ME - I'LL MAKE YOU FAMOUS

grayfox
11-13-2001, 02:10 PM
Don't sell Woodville short. They have some really good skill people and are huge on the offensive line.
By the way is this Husker98 person an expert on High School Football or just famous?
By the way Bridge City had to move down to 3A to win a few games and to get into the play-offs. I don't believe that they play any 4A schools and from what I understand, they don't want to.
They were good in baseball last spring, But I believe they lost out in baseball to Barbers Hill.
By the way I understand that Bridge City did not want to play Barbers Hill in a nondistrict game in football.

southeastfootball
11-13-2001, 02:21 PM
Very ture gray fox finally someone with a little knowledge

Husker98
11-13-2001, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by grayfox:
Don't sell Woodville short. They have some really good skill people and are huge on the offensive line.
By the way is this Husker98 person an expert on High School Football or just famous?
By the way Bridge City had to move down to 3A to win a few games and to get into the play-offs. I don't believe that they play any 4A schools and from what I understand, they don't want to.
They were good in baseball last spring, But I believe they lost out in baseball to Barbers Hill.
By the way I understand that Bridge City did not want to play Barbers Hill in a nondistrict game in football.

Yes, I am an expert and I'm also famous.LOL... If Barber's Hill is as good as they are supposed to be, Woodville can't stay on the field with them. You said that Bridge City didn't play any 4A teams, well that's all they played in non-district, except Kelly who is a 5A private school. BC beat Kelly 36-0, Silsbee 14-3, LC-M 14-7, and lost in OT to Vidor 24-21. I'll have to admit that none of these teams made the playoffs, but look at the teams that are in their district. As for that BC didn't want to play BH crap, that's the craziest thing I've heard of. I don't think BC would turn down a chance to play BH. From the looks of the BH and H-F game, BH would get embarassed by BC. I wish BH would play BC and Newton in nondistrict, then BH would NOT have a 10-0 regular season.

[This message has been edited by Husker98 (edited November 13, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Husker98 (edited November 13, 2001).]

footballfan
11-13-2001, 02:57 PM
Actually, Silsbee is in the playoffs and I hear that there may be some stink of some ineligible players at Ozen which may put Vidor in the playoffs. This of course may be just rumor but I am hearing it alot from different sources. Liberty was also on BC's schedule and they are also in the playoffs.

Husker98
11-13-2001, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the information. I forgot all about BC playing Liberty. I heard something about Ozen might be disqualified and that would put Vidor in the playoffs, also. I guess we will have to wait to find out the truth.

footballfan
11-13-2001, 03:15 PM
Also, since BC has moved down they have played and beaten some 4A teams in the preseason. Some of the same ones they lost to before they moved down. I'm not trying to sling mud...just giving some info. Who has Barbers Hill played this year in non-district games that made it to the playoffs?

Husker98
11-13-2001, 03:17 PM
I heard that Dickinson made it in 4A. Whoever that is.

RBARKER
11-13-2001, 03:49 PM
Dickenson is a prety good team they are not known as well because of the district they are in. they are in Texas City, Friendswood and La Marque's district. those teams are #2,3 & 6 in the Houston area for 4A teams.

Old Cardinal
11-14-2001, 07:39 PM
Footballfan, Yes Bridge City was 0-10 three years ago in 4A under a new Coach; however being one of the very smallest of all 4A's- before that they competed pretty well. In fact they blew a District Championship in the last 4 minutes against WOS in 4A. They have a good defense today shutting out, I think, six teams this season remember the score was 11-0 into the fourth quarter against Newton and BC fumbled well inside the 10 yard line of Newton. Newton completely stopped "Predictable Conway's" bull plunges up the middle-leaving the defense to stay on the field way too much. Getting beat by Newton is a good lesson in re-evaluating your offense, if you choose to. Newton is incredably strong, I think they will blast through BH, Rice, Sealy, etc: like a dose of salts through a widow woman.

bccards
11-14-2001, 09:04 PM
Correction Old Cardinal, that game wasn't against WOS, it was against PNG

Backwoods
11-14-2001, 10:02 PM
As to the 11-0 going into the fourth quarter Old Card. Remember it ended 32- zip. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades and it wasn't close.

grayfox
11-15-2001, 01:33 PM
Many coaches that are defensive minded(yes, defense wins championships) run a ball control offense, keep the game close and win the game in the fourth quarter. Sounds like the Bridge City coaches have done a pretty good job over the last few years.
Even Steve Spurier runs a ball control offense. His just uses the passing game to control the game - they still play great defense.
Good High School Coaches coach what they know and use the talent they have to the best of their ability.
Many championship coaches are not "GURUS"' they just know how to get the best out of their players.

Husker98
11-15-2001, 01:41 PM
Well said grayfox. That's the way you win ball games. Control the ball and play good defense. If the other team can't score, they can't win.