PDA

View Full Version : 2008-09 State Farm Lone Star Update and Analysis (12-1-08)

Phil C
12-01-2008, 03:08 PM
The competition won't be resumed again until November 23, 2009. Remember in the event of a 9.5 all tie A&M retains the cup since they won it last year even though I know both schools would rather win it outright. Right now UT leads 3.5 to 1.5 but I expect it to be a close one again. I expect the Aggies to get the complete 4 points in the remaining track and field competitions because they have recruited well in these sports and have gone all out in them too. I also expect the Aggies to get the softball point as UT hasn't done well against the Aggies since CAT left. I think Texas will get the two tennis points and one of the golf (men's) points. I am hoping the our men's basketball team can sweep the Aggies and our women's basketball team can at least get one game against the Lady Aggies. I think UT men's swimming and diving will take it but I am not about the women's swimming and diving. Both teams (women's swimming and diving) are good and I think UT will start to dominate with the great recruiting classes they have been getting but they may be a year away from claiming this point. It should be close.
It is possible that the deciding point will be the last one in baseball and both teams seem to be fairly even right now on paper. We will see.

Please respond with sincere viewpoints and analysis. I don't want this to be a we are better than you thread but rather insiteful viewpoints and information. This competition overall this year is going to be a close one.

Phil C
12-01-2008, 03:49 PM
I can't edit but it should have read the competition resumes again on Jan. 23, 2009.

WylieBulldog92
12-01-2008, 06:44 PM
I hope the Aggie find a way to bounce back in Men's basketball, Mark Turgeon was the wrong choice not vocal enough of a leader for my taste.