PDA

View Full Version : Why is OU in the bcs title game if they win?

XtremeCouture
12-01-2008, 01:42 PM
what happens if they go to overtime with missouri and win by a field goal? couldn't that possibly help move texas up in the polls?

NastySlot
12-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
what happens if they go to overtime with missouri and win by a field goal? couldn't that possibly help move texas up in the polls?

idk know if it matters as long as they win....they are playing in a conference title...that has to count for something.

XtremeCouture
12-01-2008, 01:46 PM
i think margin of victory will affect the human polls. i dont know how much help texas need to move up .01 points though

NastySlot
12-01-2008, 01:59 PM
i think margin of victory will affect the human polls. i dont know how much help texas need to move up .01 points though

but i really don't know if an ou win helps with their sos...but it would be another ranked team they beat.

DDBooger
12-01-2008, 02:01 PM
OU wins they're in, no use in hoping for any help there.

NastySlot
12-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
OU wins they're in, no use in hoping for any help there.

i've said it and many may think im crazy...but i wouldn't count out a missouri win.......in kansas city.....underdogs have fared well in title games when played outside of texas............ie...texas over nebraska, k-state over ou and a&m over k-state...............missouri is a good team.

an ou loss i think is the only hope for texas to jump up....if i were a horn fan...i would be holding out for that.

DDBooger
12-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
i've said it and many may think im crazy...but i wouldn't count out a missouri win.......in kansas city.....underdogs have fared well in title games when played outside of texas............ie...texas over nebraska, k-state over ou and a&m over k-state...............missouri is a good team.

an ou loss i think is the only hope for texas to jump up....if i were a horn fan...i would be holding out for that. i'm not a horn fan, as much as I'm a TEXAS(the state) fan. System sux and no matter how much we complain, its humorous thinking it will change anything. I believe earliest it could happen is 2014. Sad times bro, sad times! :rolleyes: :cool: ;)

cshscougar08
12-01-2008, 02:31 PM

No because the fact that OU is actually playing a game and Texas is not is enough to say that Texas won't move up.

95mustang
12-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
No because the fact that OU is actually playing a game and Texas is not is enough to say that Texas won't move up.

The same can be said about dropping then. If OU loses then they can drop and Texas doesn't have to move up they are already there.

forum_guy
12-01-2008, 02:42 PM

that would only improve their SOS and they would still recieve a bunch of the human votes so the answer is no