PDA

View Full Version : 3A DII Champion Will Be/Play Gilmer, Part Deaux

Pawdaddy
12-01-2008, 11:42 AM
"All you wannabes can line up behind Gilmer."

2 Weeks ago, a lot of you did not think that Gilmer would still be here today. One heckuva effort on both sides of the ball put away a very good WOS team.

Gilmer scored almost as many points as WOS allowed in 8 regular season games and held a very potent WOS offense in check for all but about 6 minutes of the game. The Buckeyes are coming.
Be afraid......Be very afraid!!!

Daddy D 11
12-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Oh, so should we be afraid like we were supposed to be afraid last year?

Pawdaddy
12-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Oh, so should we be afraid like we were supposed to be afraid last year?

Keep thinking about last year.

Keystonepride
12-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy

2 Weeks ago, a lot of you did not think that Gilmer would still be here today. One heckuva effort on both sides of the ball put away a very good WOS team.

Gilmer scored almost as many points as WOS allowed in 8 regular season games and held a very potent WOS offense in check for all but about 6 minutes of the game. The Buckeyes are coming.

Be careful what you wish for...

A rematch with the 2-time defending state champs is a possibilty still...they have won 37 games in a row

Plus Bridgeport is 12-0

Carthage has put up 166 points in 3 games so far....

and anybody that thinks playing Giddings will be a walk in the park is sadly mistaken...

Celina is the defending state champs as well

Bellville and Kaufman are all ready to step up as well...

I would think some tact is in order for the Gilmer Buckeyes and their fans. Referring to the rest of 3A as "wannabes" is not the way to go in my opinion.

If we are talking about actual "wannabes"....I think I remember what happened to Gilmer last year in that state final.

Pawdaddy
12-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Keystonepride
Be careful what you wish for...

If we are talking about actual "wannabes"....I think I remember what happened to Gilmer last year in that state final.

You are right. No team gets to this point without being very good. Some teams peak at the right time and make a run. Some teams are perennial powerhouses and another team has to have a herculean effort or a beneficial bounce go their way to beat them. As I have told a friend of mine, if you want to be the best, you have to play the best.

I stand by the prediction the if Gilmer does not win out, the eventual champ will be who knocks them out.

Keystonepride
12-01-2008, 12:49 PM
You are right. No team gets to this point without being very good. Some teams peak at the right time and make a run. Some teams are perennial powerhouses and another team has to have a herculean effort or a beneficial bounce go their way to beat them. As I have told a friend of mine, if you want to be the best, you have to play the best.

I stand by the prediction the if Gilmer does not win out, the eventual champ will be who knocks them out.

Thats a little better...everyone loves a good little smack talk but let's be real about it...

These 8 teams that are left are the cream of the crop for schools of their size across the nation. I would bet all 8 of them would be able to beat the best of many other states across the country....

Good luck to Ol Stumpy and the Buckeyes....hopefully the Panthers are waiting for you at the State Final.

easttexas3a
12-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Gilmer does not support the messages of pawdaddy lol. I feel we have done an outstanding job this year considering what we lost. I am glad to be where we are and feel that Carthage is going to be a huge test for us. I am glad to be playing, and want to win one game at a time. I'll worry about everything else saturday night at 11 oclock.

Aesculus gilmus
12-01-2008, 01:19 PM
I feel "they" have done an outstanding job. I had nothing to do with their success at all.

This "we" versus "they" terminology reminds me of the 1970s, the worst decade in Gilmer football history (being in that era's equivalent of 4A today didn't help matters).

The Buckeyes back then were universally referenced/reviled by the townfolk and students as "they."

Silverback 04
12-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
Gilmer does not support the messages of pawdaddy lol. I feel we have done an outstanding job this year considering what we lost. I am glad to be where we are and feel that Carthage is going to be a huge test for us. I am glad to be playing, and want to win one game at a time. I'll worry about everything else saturday night at 11 oclock.

I gotta be honest with you, I was very surprised that Gilmer was able to reload as well as you have after the amount of talent you guys lost last year. It looked to be Stump plus a couple coming back but they have been amazing to this point. Congrats and good luck against Carthage. I say this because during the state game last year, your kids were awesome in the way they handled defeat. Good kids every last one of them. I can say the same thing about Celina in '06. It takes special kids to be like that and only hope that when our time comes to taste defeat we react with the same class.

Pawdaddy
12-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
I gotta be honest with you, I was very surprised that Gilmer was able to reload as well as you have after the amount of talent you guys lost last year. It looked to be Stump plus a couple coming back but they have been amazing to this point. Congrats and good luck against Carthage. I say this because during the state game last year, your kids were awesome in the way they handled defeat. Good kids every last one of them. I can say the same thing about Celina in '06. It takes special kids to be like that and only hope that when our time comes to taste defeat we react with the same class.

From what I have heard, LH had a similar event to what Gilmer had with Roosevelt last year. Maybe not to the degree of publicity, but not a classy ending to the game. I personally hope both Gilmer and LH survive to the Championship game. "You have to play the best if you want to be the best."

Silverback 04
12-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Well it wasn't quite as bad as that, it was just the 1 SW kid getting ejected due to some frustration. I have heard good things about the kid in the past so I don't think he has been thru that before, unlike the Roosevelt guys which seems systemic, if you look at what happened to them again when they lost this years playoff game.

Daddy D 11
12-01-2008, 05:50 PM
From what I have heard, LH had a similar event to what Gilmer had with Roosevelt last year. Maybe not to the degree of publicity, but not a classy ending to the game. I personally hope both Gilmer and LH survive to the Championship game. "You have to play the best if you want to be the best."

Did a Roosevelt player jump on top of a Gilmer player and start punching him, then when penalized shove the ref and start cussing him out? Then have to be dragged off the field while still cussing?

alaskacat
12-01-2008, 06:08 PM
If I was a betting man, I would lay odds the final may not include LH. I dare say people in higher places than me have learned a bunch about LH in a couple years.

Should make a dandy semi-though. I just dont think they can do it twice in a row

Aesculus gilmus
12-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Did a Roosevelt player jump on top of a Gilmer player and start punching him, then when penalized shove the ref and start cussing him out? Then have to be dragged off the field while still cussing?

No, the Roosevelt player slugged a Gilmer coach, IIRC. You can probably still find a video of it on some Web sites if you look long enough.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j261/hoku945/?action=view&current=MOV00044.flv
Here, I found a view of the melee from the stands. This doesn't show the roundhouse punch to the coach, but it gives you an idea of the extracurricular activities that went down.

Daddy D 11
12-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
No, the Roosevelt player slugged a Gilmer coach, IIRC. You can probably still find a video of it on some Web sites if you look long enough.

:eek: That's horrible!
And Alaskacat, you very well might be right. I'll tell you this much, as much as I respect Celina, I hope we play Prosper if we win. I can't take another game like the last one, Celina's defense was ridiculous.

IHStangFan
12-01-2008, 07:19 PM

Be afraid......Be very afraid!!! You are the main reason I would like to see Gilmer go down...and BELIEVE me....you will hear from me WHEN they do. :)

pirate4state
12-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
You are the main reason I would like to see Gilmer go down...and BELIEVE me....you will hear from me WHEN they do. :) oh sweet 8lb baby jesus :doh:

IHStangFan
12-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
oh sweet 8lb baby jesus :doh: hey now....I can have my fun too!! BOOOOOO!!!! Gilmer!!!! :D

pirate4state
12-01-2008, 07:40 PM
hey now....I can have my fun too!! BOOOOOO!!!! Gilmer!!!! :D ahhhhhh i just remembered you are a fan of the 'Stangs. i am too, but Gilmer is just so much damn fun to watch!

had wos caught a few passes in the 1st half we could easily not seen pawdaddy 'til next year lol

Gobbla2001
12-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
I dare say people in higher places than me have learned a bunch about LH in a couple years.

there's nothing to learn, everyone already knows... all that's left is stopping it...

IHStangFan
12-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
ahhhhhh i just remembered you are a fan of the 'Stangs. i am too, but Gilmer is just so much damn fun to watch!

had wos caught a few passes in the 1st half we could easily not seen pawdaddy 'til next year lol theres no doubt about it....Gilmer is good! I said in the actual game thread for this weeks matchup how I was impressed w/ them. Just like to get after this guy when he toots his horn, LOL. BOOOOO GILMER!! :D

I believe they will be the favorite going into this week's game.

Pawdaddy
12-02-2008, 09:39 AM
You are the main reason I would like to see Gilmer go down...and BELIEVE me....you will hear from me WHEN they do. :)

And you, my friend, are the reason I write as I do. If someone does not stir the pot, where is the fun. But since you bring it up, IF Gilmer gets beat, I still say whoever beats them will be the eventual State Champ. If I am wrong, I will be here to listen to all you have to say.

Who does your team play this weekend?

marler1972
12-02-2008, 11:05 AM
:eek: That's horrible!
And Alaskacat, you very well might be right. I'll tell you this much, as much as I respect Celina, I hope we play Prosper if we win. I can't take another game like the last one, Celina's defense was ridiculous.

Prosper is Div 1

Daddy D 11
12-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by marler1972
Prosper is Div 1
You are very right indeed, I'm not familiar with my North Texas towns. Celina plays Kaufman and Wylie plays Prosper. NOW I've got it:2thumbsup

Dogman_1969
12-02-2008, 01:03 PM

I haven't seen the Buckeyes but I did get a really good look at Carthage and they are for real and I'd be very leary of making any plans other than playing Carthage my friend.....

That may be the end of the road.......................................

Pawdaddy
12-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
I haven't seen the Buckeyes but I did get a really good look at Carthage and they are for real and I'd be very leary of making any plans other than playing Carthage my friend.....

That may be the end of the road.......................................

Might be.....Then in a couple of weeks, I will be congratulating Carthage on a State Championship, as I have previously said. If not Gilmer as Champ, then the team that beats Gilmer.

OrangeChamps
12-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Prediction is looking a lot better now than a couple weeks ago. Maybe your not full of you know what after all. Can't really argue otherwise at this point. There are some very good teams on that side of the bracket. However, there are some very good teams on the other side as well. I will jump on a little bit and agree as far as Gilmer or the team that beats Gilmer will PLAY for a title.

RPF2666
12-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Not looking like too much of a stretch at this point, but you could have said that on the other side of the bracket with either LH or Celina and felt pretty decent about your chances!

Pawdaddy
12-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps
Prediction is looking a lot better now than a couple weeks ago. Maybe your not full of you know what after all. Can't really argue otherwise at this point. There are some very good teams on that side of the bracket. However, there are some very good teams on the other side as well. I will jump on a little bit and agree as far as Gilmer or the team that beats Gilmer will PLAY for a title.

I am full of you know what. Full of Lumberjacks, Mexia and WOS whatevertheyares. I do appreciate you appreciating the prediction, even if you are late arriving. It will look better and better each week.

I guess I will have to wait until Week 16 to get ALL of the kudos!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

OrangeChamps
12-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666
Not looking like too much of a stretch at this point, but you could have said that on the other side of the bracket with either LH or Celina and felt pretty decent about your chances!

If Giddings, Wylie, and LH advance this week as they are expected to, then LH will represent 3 of 6 teams left in the playoffs with respect to your post. LH would be my 1st pick to have played the team that will win state. Possibly even in both divisions.

Originally posted by OrangeChamps
You gotta love the homers. Let's see in about 4 weeks if Pawdaddy is still posting or not. If so, then I'll entertain his enlightened predicting skills. Until then, it's just another overblown opinion.

Late arriving, I have been there since the beginning. You're half-way there though!

Pawdaddy
12-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a

You should. You East Mountain folks are just slow to catch up.:eek: :eek: :eek:

BuckeyeNut
12-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Funny thing is that we were not to be here. We should be playing Basketball if we went bye what was picked when all this started. 2 returning starters on OFFENSE. 1 on DEFENSE.

Don't ride the fence and pick us to lose then come back the next week talking noise.

Love it or leave it

poisoned10
12-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag
Funny thing is that we were not to be here. We should be playing Basketball if we went bye what was picked when all this started. 2 returning starters on OFFENSE. 1 on DEFENSE.

Don't ride the fence and pick us to lose then come back the next week talking noise.

Love it or leave it

Actually, we had 1 starter on offense and about 4 on defense.

Stump was the lone offensive returner while Vance Green, Tristan Holt, Zack Jones and Paul Chesnut returned on defense.

BuckeyeNut
12-03-2008, 01:20 PM
one of the wide outs played a lot last year

poisoned10
12-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag
one of the wide outs played a lot last year

Yeah. Half of the kids on this year's team played a lot last year. That just how we do.

Seniors that had significant playing time as Juniors:

Zach Jones - WR/DB
DJ Stanley - DB/WR
Hunter Harrison - WR
Josh Thompson - RB

Juniors that had significant time as Sophmores:

Kedon Franklin - WR/RB/DB
Tristan Holt - DB/WR
Braylon Webb - DB/WR
Vance Green - LB
Darian Godfrey - QB
Paul Chesnut - DB/WR
Jeremy Jackson - RB
Mikey Wilson - LB

I'm sure there are more in each category but I'm just going off the top of my head.