PDA

View Full Version : La Grange vs. Marlin Deja Vu all over again

Pudlugger
11-24-2002, 10:07 AM
Congratulations to Marlin. I figured yall would win. Marlin is a great football team and beating Newton proves it. I think the Leps are glad to have an opportunity to play the Bulldogs again in the play-offs. The last time we met was in 2001 when the Leps won in a thrilling back and forth game in Waco ISD. I'm sure the Bulldogs are looking forward to a chance for some payback! This will be another exciting game. I think the two teams match up well. The Marlin offense is noted to be one of the most powerful in state and the La Grange defense is one of the best in 3A. Like two runaway locomotives meeting head on these two teams will collide next week. No word yet on time and place. Good luck to the Leps! :) :) :)

MARLINFAN
11-24-2002, 10:25 AM
GOOD LUCK. ITS GOING TO BE AT TEXAS AXM

MARLINFAN
11-24-2002, 10:27 AM
I BET YOU THAT FORMER MARLIN QB JEREMY MODKINS AND FORMER LG QB TYE GUNN WILL BE COMING BACK FOR THIS ONE

MARLINFAN
11-24-2002, 10:29 AM
I BET YOU THAT FORMER MARLIN QB JEREMY MODKINS AND FORMER LG QB TYE GUNN WILL BE COMING BACK FOR THIS ONE FROM TCU

oldbuff78
11-24-2002, 01:57 PM
Marlin by 10

aamove
11-24-2002, 02:24 PM
I'll predict the Leps by 14.

Pudlugger
11-24-2002, 03:53 PM
MARLINFAN:
I BET YOU THAT FORMER MARLIN QB JEREMY MODKINS AND FORMER LG QB TYE GUNN WILL BE COMING BACK FOR THIS ONEWell I'm sure Tye will be there to see his Lil' bro Sam play at safety.
Does anyone have a date, time and place? I heard A&M but not sure. :)

BigStudLG
11-24-2002, 08:22 PM
Well I herd of 3 different fields. I herd Waco IDS, Westlake, and Texas A&M. I have no clue but to me I dont care cuz La Grange will come to play. Good job boys on a fine job. Good luck to Marlin. Because the game will be out doors I have a little tip for Marlin. Practice with the wind this week unlike 2 years ago.

BigStudLG
11-24-2002, 08:23 PM
Well I herd of 3 different fields. I herd Waco ISD, Westlake, and Texas A&M. I have no clue where for sure, but to me I dont care cuz La Grange will come to play. Good job boys on a fine game. Good luck to Marlin. Because the game will be outdoors I have a little tip for Marlin. Practice with the wind this week unlike 2 years ago.

eaglefan24
11-24-2002, 08:42 PM
I gotta agree w/ ya BigStudLG, I was a spectator at the game 2 yrs ago at WacoISD and I have never seen the wind play such a distinct and huge factor in such a big football game or any game for that matter. That was a classic game two years ago and I totally expect this one to be another one to remember. I think I'm gonna have to sit on it for a while before I actually make some sort of prediction on who is gonna take this matchup.

Brahma73
11-24-2002, 08:47 PM
Pudlugger:
Congratulations to Marlin. I figured yall would win. Marlin is a great football team and beating Newton proves it. I think the Leps are glad to have an opportunity to play the Bulldogs again in the play-offs. The last time we met was in 2001 when the Leps won in a thrilling back and forth game in Waco ISD. I'm sure the Bulldogs are looking forward to a chance for some payback! This will be another exciting game. I think the two teams match up well. The Marlin offense is noted to be one of the most powerful in state and the La Grange defense is one of the best in 3A. Like two runaway locomotives meeting head on these two teams will collide next week. No word yet on time and place. Good luck to the Leps! :) :) :) Hey Pudlugger, this one ought to be a classic. I'm not one to bash officials, but a friend of mine went to the Newton/Marlin game & said the refs really wacked Newton in a tight game & might have made a difference. Heard anything?
Good luck to the Leps and your youngster. Hope to see y'all in a couple of weeks.

MARLINFAN
11-24-2002, 08:53 PM
Im not under estimating LaGrange because i know that it will be a good game. everone from from lagrange is saying deja vu from two years ago. i watched the film from two years ago and going into the fourth quater the score was marlin 22 la grange 14. so if you dont remember that the only way they won was because of tha wind so they can talk all they want.it seems that everone is underestimating marlin thought. marlin 35 lagrange 29.

remember that score

MARLINFAN
11-24-2002, 08:59 PM
the only part of the game that the refs made calls was when a marlin rb ran out of bounce while on the other side of the field a newton lb got a cheap shot on a marlin lineman.after the call the player from newton that it was called on got another personal foul call.another moment in the game was when a marlin punt returner fumbled the ball and went to go get it in the endzone .a newton gunner was down their and spun him around and the ball went out of the endzone. so newton fans thought it was a saftey but it wasant thats all.

BigStudLG
11-24-2002, 09:06 PM
Im not under estimating LaGrange because i know that it will be a good game. everone from from lagrange is saying deja vu from two years ago. i watched the film from two years ago and going into the fourth quater the score was marlin 22 la grange 14. so if you dont remember that the only way they won was because of tha wind so they can talk all they want.it seems that everone is underestimating marlin thought. marlin 35 lagrange 29.

remember that score

look, wind or no wind it was a good game. i dont care if it rained all day. both teams had to play with the wind. not just yall. dont give me that crap about the wind is the only reason we won. who cares what the score at halftime time was. all that matters was that we won that game. thats why its called halftime, so both teams can get ready and fix what they did wrong.

MARLINFAN
11-24-2002, 09:36 PM
how i feel is that it was two years ago and its over. some players on our team was in junior high so foret it. to tell the truth i dont care anything about the game now, so if people would stop talking about the past but the future could someone tell me if the teams have confirmed a site and time

MARLINFAN
11-24-2002, 09:38 PM
how i feel is that it was two years ago and its over. some players on our team was in junior high so foret it. to tell the truth i dont care anything about the game now, so if people would stop talking about the past but the future could someone tell me if the teams have confirmed a site and time

leopards03
11-24-2002, 09:48 PM
I was at the Newton Marlin game and the refs did wack the eagles...everyone in the stadium knew that should have been a saftey...#5 dropped it picked it up started to run got hit the ball came loose and rolled out to the endzone what else do you call that...not a touch back like they did...newton got robbed i think...but its aight Lg will take care of it...

MARLINFAN
11-24-2002, 10:04 PM
newton got robbed,boy you people dont know S***.lets say the refs gave them the safety and they scored face it they still would have lost .do you need a recap of the game .WE DROVE THA BALL BACK AND FORTH DOWN THA FIELD WHY THEY DID NOTHING. THEIR OFFENSE WAS NOT READY THEY ONLY HAD 5 FIRST DOWNS TO OUR 18 . THE ONLY WAY THEY SCORED WAS ON A LUCKY TIPPED PASS,A LUCKY RUN UP THA MIDDLE BECAUSE OF A COVERAGE FLAW AND A MISCOVERAGE. SO JUST LIKE EVERONE ELSE SAID NEWTONS GOING TO BEAT MARLIN IT DIDT HAPPEN HAPPEN SO I WANT TO SEE YOU HANDLE IT

eaglefan24
11-24-2002, 10:27 PM
Look, whether the refs screwed up the game or not the bottom line is the game is over. Newton had a great year, and Marlin is continuing theirs. Personally I think Marlin was the better team and deserved to move on to play LaGrange. That's definitely going to be one of the premiere games of the weekend. Please, has anyone heard the time adn place of the game? I've heard Waco and possibly A&M but nothing definite.

Eagles44
11-25-2002, 12:19 AM
i was at the marlin/newton game and honestly didn't give a rats ass who won that game i just wanted to see a good football game. i was not disappointed. newton played a heck of a game. a lot better than when they played teague. marlin was just a better team. freeman is a heck of a quaterback. as for the refs i thought that they did a good job. the saftey call wasn't the greatest but if they were trying to screw newton then they wouldn't have called the intentional grounding call that put marlin out of field goal range. i hope that i can make it to the marlin/La Grange game. congrats to marlin on the win.

Goat70
11-25-2002, 12:57 AM
Personally I think Marlin is too strong and fast for LaGrange. I pick Marlin by 14. Good Luck Bulldogs

duckbutter
11-25-2002, 10:58 AM
Marlin has a good team and I think they deserved the win. I also think that the refs did make several bad calls. Anyway, I stated back in the summer that the Div II champ would be the winner of the Newton Marlin game and I will stand by my prediction.
Marlin by 2

LeopardGuard56
11-25-2002, 07:25 PM
First off, I haven't acually seen Marlin play. I have a tape, but I haven't watched it yet. So far I have heard only that Marlin is a great tema with talented players, so don't think that we will be taking them lightly. At this point in the season you can't take anyone lightly.

In case anyone hasn't heard yet, the game will be Saturday at 7:00 PM at Bryan ISD. Not my first choice, or second, but hey, we will play where ever.

MARLINFAN
11-26-2002, 09:09 AM
okay im throught trash talking because i know every week so far in the playoffs you said were going to lose. so im just going to stay quite and let things play out.but if we win saturday night im gone be back at full force.so to all the bulldog haters (hate on)

RBARKER
11-26-2002, 09:30 AM
I beleive that the winner of this game will be the Div II state champ. I also think that Marlin will win this one by 7, but you can never overlook or count out the Lep's. Lagrange has been to the State game two years in a row and can beat any team in the state if they let them stay in the game. Good luck to both teams. Marlin 21 Lagrange 14.

yoe_81
11-26-2002, 09:53 AM
Hey, i got my money on Marlin in this game and the rest of the games from here on out. Cameron played Marlin in the last game of the regular season, which they beat us by 1 point in OT. 2 weeks later we played Jasper which we got beat 46-0. Even after the Jasper game i have to say that Marlin is the FASTEST team still alive in both divisions. Go Bulldogs !!

P.S. how about another repeat of the district title game next year? just a suggestion. Go oYe !!

MARLINFAN
11-26-2002, 10:00 AM
hey yoe 81 how bout next year instead of playing in marlin lets play at a&m

bulldog04
11-26-2002, 01:45 PM
deja vu mi @$$... the only thing that will b 'deja vu' will b the score as it was 2 yrs ago @ halftime. and it don't matter what mother nature throws @ us eiter, marlin will b ready for anything. i'm not trying 2 put down LG tho... but m2 has a very strong, talented team this yr. and i expect the final for this game 2 be a shocker...

LG-all-the-way
11-26-2002, 05:11 PM
There's no way in the world this game will be a shocker both of these teams are good and I doubt it anyone knows what to expect! So please....stop saying this IS NOT GOING TO BE A SHOCKER BULLDOG04 !!

P.S.
Let's keep in mind RBARKER's comment:"but you can never overlook or count out the Lep's. Lagrange has been to the State game two years in a row and can beat any team in the state if they let them stay in the game"
BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!!

Pudlugger
11-26-2002, 06:16 PM
LG-all-the-way I am with you. This will be a close game. The time when Marlin could be underestimated and overlooked, granting them the element of surprise, ended when they bushwacked Ennis. Everyone in the state now knows how well this team can play and La Grange will prepare based on the highest expectations for Marlin. That means Marlin will need to prepare as well because the Leps will be expecting Marlin's best and will be ready for it. It should be a great game and I believe will decide the winner of DivII. I look for La Grange to win this by a td. Go Leps!!! :cool:

<small>[ November 26, 2002, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

MARLINFAN
11-27-2002, 12:43 AM
hey pudlugger i dont know why everone is trying to make it seem like marlin not praticing for lagrange. acutally i passed by their pratice tonight and with it being 39 degrees outside they were out -praticing at full force and loving it.I really dont know who will win but i do no that it will be a close game.theirs only one diffrence from our 1999,2000 teams and that its all their.this years team has alot of heart. the only game this year our team has played bad was aganist waco university.a bunch of people told malone his team sucked.but since that game we have had a big turn around.but if you dont already know its going to be hard to beat marlin.eventhought this is a round 3 game the playoff atmosphere around town is like its a state game.so to stop all of this about the teams preparing we know that both teams are praticing the hardest and may the best team/coacing staff win.

Pudlugger
11-27-2002, 01:30 AM
MARLINFAN:
hey pudlugger i dont know why everone is trying to make it seem like marlin not praticing for lagrange. acutally i passed by their pratice tonight and with it being 39 degrees outside they were out -praticing at full force and loving it.I really dont know who will win but i do no that it will be a close game.theirs only one diffrence from our 1999,2000 teams and that its all their.this years team has alot of heart. the only game this year our team has played bad was aganist waco university.a bunch of people told malone his team sucked.but since that game we have had a big turn around.but if you dont already know its going to be hard to beat marlin.eventhought this is a round 3 game the playoff atmosphere around town is like its a state game.so to stop all of this about the teams preparing we know that both teams are praticing the hardest and may the best team/coacing staff win.I have no doubt Marlin is preparing for this game. It will be the test of both teams, unfortunately only one will advance. Go Leps!!! :cool:

The8thLace63
11-27-2002, 01:21 PM
If the refs keep it fair, La Grange wins. If the refs are paid off like last week, Marlin wins. La Grange has everyone from Newton behind them and I hope yall take it to Marlin. Watch out for #1, #51, and #76, they play dirty and if they get a chance to clip or punch you under the pile they will.

Another thing, it is hard to stay in a good rythm against marlin because every two plays a marlin player gets hurt. I have never seen a bunch of babies like that in my life

LG-all-the-way
11-27-2002, 03:27 PM
YOUR RIGHT The8thLace63 TRUST ME THE LEPS ARE VERY FARMILAR WITH HOW DIRTY MARLIN PLAYS ESPECIALLY HOW THEY PLAYED TWO YEARS AGO (TWISTING ONE OF GUYS ANKLES WHILE ON THE GROUND) SO THEY KNOW PRETTY MUCH WHAT TO ESPECT IN THAT PERSPECTIVE OF COURSE.........BUT HEY MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN! :D

PigSkinPicker
11-27-2002, 06:26 PM
Ya need to quit making Marlin look bad. They are the best football team in State and if you cant take physical contact the go play golf or something. Yeah players get hurt, that is not an excuse to keep mementum. You need to find a new excuse book. The refs make the calls, and paying off the refs is just another excuse. Look at the teams Marlin has beat and tell me all of them were the Refs fault. This will be a good game and the best team will win. NO EXCUSES. GO DOGS

Pudlugger
11-27-2002, 08:54 PM
It will not likely come down to the Refs. This game will be won by the team that makes the fewest mistakes and best capitalizes on the mistakes of the other team. The Leopard defense scored three times last week against a powerful offense in Coldspring. They have faced several of the best backs in 3a and, except for Harrison in Yoakum in game 1 week zero, they shut them all down. The Marlin team has a good defense as well so this might be a low scoring game. I think the coaching and experience factors favor the Leopards and pick them by a td. I hope the game is played clean and injury free as that is the only way to truly find out who is the best. Good luck, Go Leps, win State!!! :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-27-2002, 10:06 PM
Marlin's defense is awesome, but their offense lacks in skill, but nonetheless, this is going to be an excellent match-up and good luck to both teams. I haven't seen La Grange play, but I've heard good things. I know that I'll be in Bryan for this one. Good luck ya'll.

Chris Hart
11-27-2002, 11:49 PM
Now this is going to be a GREAT matchup. Marlin has an excellent dfense and so does LaGrange. I believe the Marlin D may be a little better. IMO, the offenses are just the opposite. I give the nod to LaGrange on O, but not by much. I think a big special teams play will decide the winner in this one, if no team is -2 or more in the turnover ratio. I think LaGrange's power game will eventually outweigh the Marlin team. LaGrange is SO patient, therefore I see the Leopards pulling away in the late stages of the 3rd Quarter and on through the 4th. LaGrange 24-14!

MARLINFAN
11-28-2002, 07:34 PM
whys is everone trying to make marlin look so bad.you know its not nice to keep doubting a team thats keeps on wiining

Pudlugger
11-29-2002, 07:46 PM
Well the dye is cast. The Leps finished an intense week of preparation to play the most revered 3a team in DII, the Marlin Bulldogs. The Bulldogs are a complete team, great running game, plenty of speed, a quarterback that can scramble and pass very well. The Bulldog D is considered to be one of the toughest in the state. Tank Smith, the Bulldog fullback has raked up a ton of yards this season against many quality teams. Most folks pick the Bulldogs in this match. Man. I can't wait for the kick-off. I think this Leopard team is one of the best ever and they are primed and ready to prove it Saturday night. It will take their best game yet to win and they seem to be ready to deliver. Good luck, no injuries and a clean game to both sides. Go Leps, Win State!!! :cool:

Bulldog_fan_9
11-29-2002, 09:44 PM
Marlin is the best team in Div 2. No doubt about it. They took Burnet to overtime. The team is the fastest team in the state. Marlin will whipe the field with Lagrange. Oh and by the way Marlin fans, you have the support of everyone in Burnet. Get Em

Pudlugger
11-29-2002, 10:42 PM
Bulldog_fan_9:
Marlin is the best team in Div 2. No doubt about it. They took Burnet to overtime. The team is the fastest team in the state. Marlin will whipe the field with Lagrange. Oh and by the way Marlin fans, you have the support of everyone in Burnet. Get EmWhipe the field? I take it you meant 'wipe"? You know, its talk like that that makes me think there are way too many Bulldogs in the play-offs. Hopefully after this round there will only be one left, Yoakum. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bulldog_fan_9
11-30-2002, 08:58 AM
Hey puddlugger, i'm not even from Marlin. I'm from burnet. Marlin is gonna have a field day with ya'll. Marlin all the way to state. Oh and by the way you still have Bandera, Burnet, Jasper and so on and so forth.

Pudlugger
11-30-2002, 09:55 AM
Bulldog_fan_9:
Hey puddlugger, i'm not even from Marlin. I'm from burnet. Marlin is gonna have a field day with ya'll. Marlin all the way to state. Oh and by the way you still have Bandera, Burnet, Jasper and so on and so forth.That's what I meant fella. I know you're a Burnet fan, it is obvious from your bravado. Seems like humility is an unknown virtue among all sorts of Bulldog fans, with maybe an exception for La Vernia and Yoakum. Marlin, Burnet, Bandara and Jasper fans all get on here and brag about how their teams will blow-out the other teams "wipe the field" and easily win state (heck, in Jasper they have been celebrating winning the State Championship since week zero!). News flash for you, after today at least two and hopefully three of these Bulldog teams will be playing Basketball! Yes there are too many Bulldogs in the play-offs, but hopefully a lot fewer after today. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sinton by 14 over Burnet (Sinton will be Burnet's Waterloo)

Port Isabel by 17 over Bandara (too much speed and athleticism in PI)

La Grange by 7 over Marlin (Never underestimate the Leopards, talent pretty much equal but Leps have better coaching, and are more disciplined))

Bridge City by 3 over Jasper (this is admittedly an emotional pick. Make it a Christmas stocking stuffer for everyone Cards!) :cool:

MARLINFAN
11-30-2002, 10:47 AM
okay when have you heard someone from marlin say that we were going to blow someone out in the playoffs. it seems that no one really wants to play us. thats why everone picked us to lose aganist newton. you know when yall beat us in 2000 and went on to win state. if it wasnt for our mistakes yall wouldt have won. so u keep on talking about how hard la grange has praticied every team in the state pratices hard so thats bull.so this could just be my finial post of the year but if we do get beat tonight its because lg was a better team but to tell the truth you arent you never were better than marlin. so u can take it how you want it and like i said marlin gonna win state and like every week of thisyear we gone keep on shaking them haters off :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Pudlugger
11-30-2002, 11:10 AM
MARLINFAN:
okay when have you heard someone from marlin say that we were going to blow someone out in the playoffs. it seems that no one really wants to play us. thats why everone picked us to lose aganist newton. you know when yall beat us in 2000 and went on to win state. if it wasnt for our mistakes yall wouldt have won. so u keep on talking about how hard la grange has praticied every team in the state pratices hard so thats bull.so this could just be my finial post of the year but if we do get beat tonight its because lg was a better team but to tell the truth you arent you never were better than marlin. so u can take it how you want it and like i said marlin gonna win state and like every week of thisyear we gone keep on shaking them haters off :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: My case rests. Now we go to the jury, on the field of course. :cool:

Brahma73
11-30-2002, 02:58 PM
Pudlugger:

MARLINFAN:
okay when have you heard someone from marlin say that we were going to blow someone out in the playoffs. it seems that no one really wants to play us. thats why everone picked us to lose aganist newton. you know when yall beat us in 2000 and went on to win state. if it wasnt for our mistakes yall wouldt have won. so u keep on talking about how hard la grange has praticied every team in the state pratices hard so thats bull.so this could just be my finial post of the year but if we do get beat tonight its because lg was a better team but to tell the truth you arent you never were better than marlin. so u can take it how you want it and like i said marlin gonna win state and like every week of thisyear we gone keep on shaking them haters off :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: My case rests. Now we go to the jury, on the field of course. :cool:

Brahma73
11-30-2002, 03:01 PM
Pudlugger:

MARLINFAN:
okay when have you heard someone from marlin say that we were going to blow someone out in the playoffs. it seems that no one really wants to play us. thats why everone picked us to lose aganist newton. you know when yall beat us in 2000 and went on to win state. if it wasnt for our mistakes yall wouldt have won. so u keep on talking about how hard la grange has praticied every team in the state pratices hard so thats bull.so this could just be my finial post of the year but if we do get beat tonight its because lg was a better team but to tell the truth you arent you never were better than marlin. so u can take it how you want it and like i said marlin gonna win state and like every week of thisyear we gone keep on shaking them haters off :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: My case rests. Now we go to the jury, on the field of course. :cool: Hey Pud, lots of us BHS guys will be at the game this evening on the Leps side. We're pullin for you! Good luck to your son and the rest of the gang!! Beat Marlin!!

(Sorry 'bout the blank post above) wink

Pudlugger
11-30-2002, 03:25 PM
Thanks Brahma73, your support is appreciated. It would be great to get a match between our two teams. Nice game last night! :)

MARLINFAN
12-01-2002, 01:42 AM
yea you would be cheering for tha leps but what happend. like i said yall next and yall dont wanna see us

Bulldog_fan_9
12-01-2002, 01:50 PM
Hey pud,

Did I tell you or did I tell you. Marlin all the way to state.

Pudlugger
12-01-2002, 02:50 PM
Bulldog_fan_9:
Hey pud,

Did I tell you or did I tell you. Marlin all the way to state.Yes you told me, but I still had to see for myself. Marlin is tough, they hit hard, have plenty of speed and athleticism and they make the big plays (4 against us). I can see from their execution that they are well coached in the technical aspects of the game. I guess all that dancing, strutting and in your face stuff they do is a way for them to get the adrenaline flowing, but it comes off wrong making them look like an undisciplined bunch of showboaters. Put a State Championship ring on their fingers and you still get a bunch of showboaters but with nice jewelry. Its more than just winning, its about character and I was surprised that the Marlin coaches tolerate all that bad behavior. Certainly the Refs turned a blind eye as well. I hope Bellville is ready for them. Bellville can play tough too, so it will be a good game. I wouldn't try that dance thing right in front of the Bellville team like Marlin did to La Grange. They will surely be ready for it if they do.

reddie71
12-01-2002, 04:16 PM
hey, pud you really don't know a great deal about the game of football. That middle of the field dance was not for intimidation, in case you can't count we don't have a whole bunch of white boys on this team, it's called a motivational thing only for our benifit. It also seems to me you don't know distance either. the middle of the field is not 10 feet away from LG sideline, and # one your not going to intimidate someone such as LG that has won a state championship, state finals and regionals three years in a row with their record. Who in the hell are you to judge Marlin character? You can come over here and walk in these shoes if you can coach blacks, I'll match this programs character any day , with your team or anyone,s. I don't put up with bull**** and these students will do as i say, you don't like what i say then have your kids or players play harder as they did in 2000, did yiu see marlin cone on any message boards and belittle your team, and as far as Bellvill goes they have a very good football team and are respected by all in Marlin or we will get our butts beat. we will prepare hard ,just like bellvill will and may the best team will! You want to talk to me about the way these kids act*** call 254 883-3239 (ask) for jerry or otherwise shut the hell up! forget the spelling and grammer , i'm pretty pissed!!!!!

Pudlugger
12-01-2002, 04:44 PM
reddie71:
hey, pud you really don't know a great deal about the game of football. That middle of the field dance was not for intimidation, in case you can't count we don't have a whole bunch of white boys on this team, it's called a motivational thing only for our benifit. It also seems to me you don't know distance either. the middle of the field is not 10 feet away from LG sideline, and # one your not going to intimidate someone such as LG that has won a state championship, state finals and regionals three years in a row with their record. Who in the hell are you to judge Marlin character? You can come over here and walk in these shoes if you can coach blacks, I'll match this programs character any day , with your team or anyone,s. I don't put up with bull**** and these students will do as i say, you don't like what i say then have your kids or players play harder as they did in 2000, did yiu see marlin cone on any message boards and belittle your team, and as far as Bellvill goes they have a very good football team and are respected by all in Marlin or we will get our butts beat. we will prepare hard ,just like bellvill will and may the best team will! You want to talk to me about the way these kids act*** call 254 883-3239 (ask) for jerry or otherwise shut the hell up! forget the spelling and grammer , i'm pretty pissed!!!!!The players were over on the hash mark on the LG side of the field, check the films. Don't make this a race thing because all players should adhere to the same standards of behavior, black ,white or green. It was showboating I don't care what your excuse. You do everyone a diservice when you imply this sort of thing is necessary to coach African-American kids. La Grange and all the other 3A schools probably just don't understand that it is okay to allow showboating if your player belongs to a certain ethnic group. Maybe La Grange should allow some of their players to do a Czech folkdance on your side of the field before the kick-off and do Polka s after hard hits! Yes,I do know a lot about football and I know what is right and what is wrong. The Marlin coaches are to be commended for developing these kids' talent, but they need to do something about this "motivational routine" as it reflects poorly on the program IMO. Marlin is an excellent football team and I really wish them luck the rest of the way.

MARLINFAN
12-01-2002, 04:52 PM
okay why is it a big problem .newton did it the whole year and jasper did it. last week i guess the bulldogs surprised newton because the stalmate out of the helments and the circle in midfield was did by both teams so why is it a big problem now. hey puglugger you talked all the trash before tha game but like i said
AFTER WE BEAT LAGRANGE BOW DOWN TO THE CLASS 3A DIV 2 STATE CHAMPS

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
12-02-2002, 03:13 AM
what wuz da score?

marlin fan
12-02-2002, 10:41 PM
the score was 34-7

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
12-03-2002, 12:58 AM
I have to laugh.....lol...ha, ha, ha....yeah I know I'm from Giddings and we didn't even have a good year, but again ha, ha, ha. I don't like LG, and to my cousins, in LG....."wuz up ya!!.
Well hope Giddings has a good year next season. And 2 Marlin, good luck.

PigSkinPicker
12-04-2002, 12:16 AM
I am a student at Marlin and I know everyone of those players. Each one has their own battles they have to fight at home before they even step on the field. They have more emotional strength then physical and they are some of the strongest boys in central texas. Coach Malone treats each player like a son and will do anything he can for any of them. This is these boys opportunity and they should celebrate every moment. If anyone went to the UT-A&M game, they saw both teams showboating to make the game more exciting, it fires both teams up. Celebration is something that is deserved and Marlin showed they deserved it. I hope to see it again this Saturday again Bellville. GO DOGS