PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget to watch OU vs Missouri in the "We lost to Texas Bowl"

Phil C
11-30-2008, 08:47 PM
:)

WHS02
11-30-2008, 08:48 PM
get a freakin frappin life!!!!CRYBABY!!

RMAC
11-30-2008, 08:56 PM
http://www.39-33.com/Images/Screenshot2b.jpg

WHS02
11-30-2008, 08:56 PM
good one!!

pirate4state
11-30-2008, 08:59 PM
:sleeping: :blahblah:

DDBooger
Originally posted by WHS02
good one!! will they rush the field at the Holiday Bowl:thinking:
LOL ;)

WylieBulldog92
45-35 (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=47933394560)

DDBooger
11-30-2008, 09:01 PM
21-65 lmao

sinton66
Originally posted by RMAC

What does this have to do with OU/Missouri? Did Tech beat both of them?

Emerson1
So Oregon State should be ranked ahead of USC? TT is irrelevant now stop bringing it up.

Keystonepride
I think the title of the game should be extended to:

The "We lost to & Got all of our best players from Texas" Bowl

WylieBulldog92
11-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Keystonepride
I think the title of the game should be extended to:

The "We lost to & Got all of our best players from Texas" Bowl
TRUE

WHS02
11-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
What does this have to do with OU/Missouri? Did Tech beat both of them?

Aww, is someone mad, just think if your longhorns would have taken care of business they would not be in this situation!!

sinton66
11-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by WHS02
Aww, is someone mad, just think if your longhorns would have taken care of business they would not be in this situation!!

And if OU had "taken care of business" and not gotten beaten by Texas, they wouldn't have had to stumble into the championship on popular "opinion". I'm not mad, just firmly believe the BCS is a joke.

GreenMachine
11-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
45-35 (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=47933394560) Old news. Get over it.

GreenMachine
11-30-2008, 09:39 PM
If Texas were ahead in the BCS, the BCS would suddenly look a lot better :rolleyes:

eagles_victory
11-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Old news. Get over it. 49-9 is a little newer news

pirate4state
this is why we allowed college talk back on the board ????

:rolleyes:

slpybear the bullfan
Phil C wins the creative thread title award... 2008 edition!

lbjacj
11-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
this is why we allowed college talk back on the board ????

:rolleyes: Don't ban them all just because of a few jerks!

sinton66
11-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
If Texas were ahead in the BCS, the BCS would suddenly look a lot better :rolleyes:

No, unfortunately it wouldn't. It would still be crap. It should be settled on the field in a playoff system just like every other organized championship. We've said it a million times on here, polls don't mean squat. The NCAA has playoffs in every other college sport, why NOT football?

GreenMachine
11-30-2008, 09:49 PM
No, unfortunately it wouldn't. It would still be crap. It should be settled on the field in a playoff system just like every other organized championship. We've said it a million times on here, polls don't mean squat. The NCAA has playoffs in every other college sport, why NOT football? Oh believe me, I will agree with you on a playoff system. ONLY fair way to decide.:thumbsup:

sinton66
11-30-2008, 09:50 PM
I know UT fans would be happier if Texas was on top, but the system would still be a joke.

GreenMachine
11-30-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
49-9 is a little newer news 1st in last 3.

GreenMachine
11-30-2008, 09:56 PM
I know UT fans would be happier if Texas was on top, but the system would still be a joke. Agree ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-30-2008, 10:40 PM
If Texas would have won out then they would have deserved to have played in the Big XII Championship, plain and simple. Win and you don't have to worry about anything. Lose and complain and make up excuses as to why you aren't there.

sinton66
11-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
If Texas would have won out then they would have deserved to have played in the Big XII Championship, plain and simple. Win and you don't have to worry about anything. Lose and complain and make up excuses as to why you aren't there.

That sounds very good and proper, but it isn't that "plain and simple" when you consider that Texas has beaten BOTH teams that ARE there. Even you can't believe that OU deserved this more than Texas.

Ranger Mom
11-30-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
Don't ban them all just because of a few jerks!

We won't, we will just thread ban those "jerks"

King_LeYoeNidas
11-30-2008, 10:57 PM

This picture is brought to you by Summer's Eve.

NastySlot
11-30-2008, 10:59 PM
That sounds very good and proper, but it isn't that "plain and simple" when you consider that Texas has beaten BOTH teams that ARE there. Even you can't believe that OU deserved this more than Texas.

what you have posted is just one example of the flawed system...it also allowed an ou that that got blown out in the conference championship a few years ago to play for the bcs title...it allowed for a nebraska team that didn't even play in the conference championship to play for the title...it allows for coaches to lobby for positioning........this system that all horns fans are complaining about even gives the horns one more shot at playing in the bcs championship........will they be whinning next weekend if ou loses or just saying its the way the system is?

skins4life
11-30-2008, 10:59 PM

That's what happens when 2 true freshmen are covering one of the best if not the best receiver in the nation and don't make the tackle. That's what happens when 2 true freshmen don't make the interceptions when the balls hit them in the hands to give TT another shot at the end zone. I believe the Big 12 needs to go back to the drawing board and rethink their tie-breaker system.

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2008, 11:05 PM
:foul: :foul: OU/Missouri - stay on topic and keep all the rest of the crap off.

NastySlot
11-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
That's what happens when 2 true freshmen are covering one of the best if not the best receiver in the nation and don't make the tackle. That's what happens when 2 true freshmen don't make the interceptions when the balls hit them in the hands to give TT another shot at the end zone. I believe the Big 12 needs to go back to the drawing board and rethink their tie-breaker system.

wow you make it sound like those true freshmen shouldn't have been on the field. They play for the university of texas...they are good regardless of class...it wasn't the first game of the season......my take...if the horns had played a full game...they stunk in the first half......the game wouldn't have come down to that touchdown with one second......where was the longhorn offense in the first half of that tech game?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-30-2008, 11:08 PM

I think that OU is the better team, even though Texas beat them. I also believe that Texas is a better team than Tech even though that Tech beat them. That's just my opinion though, not everyone has to share it. If Texas would have taken care of business then they would have never had anything to worry about. If Texas had been going to the Big XII title game then Tech fans could make the same argument that you guys are towards Oklahoma. I agree that it is a flawed system and it needs work, but this is the way the cards have been dealt and we have to accept it for now.

sinton66
11-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
what you have posted is just one example of the flawed system...it also allowed an ou that that got blown out in the conference championship a few years ago to play for the bcs title...it allowed for a nebraska team that didn't even play in the conference championship to play for the title...it allows for coaches to lobby for positioning........this system that all horns fans are complaining about even gives the horns one more shot at playing in the bcs championship........will they be whinning next weekend if ou loses or just saying its the way the system is?

IF it were to happen that way, wouldn't it just illustrate the point that Texas probably should have been there to start with? I'll admit, I'd be happy as all get out if Texas gets in that way, but I will still say this system is pure crap.

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
We won't, we will just thread ban those "jerks"
That leaves about 3 people able to post on this thread! ;)

RMAC
11-30-2008, 11:13 PM
I think that OU is the better team, even though Texas beat them. I also believe that Texas is a better team than Tech even though that Tech beat them. That's just my opinion though, not everyone has to share it. If Texas would have taken care of business then they would have never had anything to worry about. If Texas had been going to the Big XII title game then Tech fans could make the same argument that you guys are towards Oklahoma. I agree that it is a flawed system and it needs work, but this is the way the cards have been dealt and we have to accept it for now.

:clap: Love it G. I could wine on here, but nobody would put any stock in it because of where I go to school. YOU, however, have such ability as to be unbiased, but don't worry, they won't listen, and UT will still be the greatest everything in the history of ever.

Keith7
11-30-2008, 11:13 PM
perhaps Texas should have taken care of business and beat Texas Tech and they wouldn't have to cry now because they are being left out..