PDA

View Full Version : Best team that didn't make the Playoff

Too Fat
11-12-2003, 02:18 PM
My vote would be Bridge City!! NOT

BigRedfan
11-12-2003, 09:51 PM
Winnsboro Red Raiders. It is a shame that a team that had a 7 and 1 record going into the last two games would loss those two games and miss the playoffs for two years in a row.

Buckeye80
11-12-2003, 09:56 PM
I think we drove this topic into the ground the first time. The general consensus on this board was that Gatesville was the best team to stay home this year. Glen Rose and Winnsboro also got some votes. I think it was the Center Roughriders..LOL :D :D

Adidas410s
11-12-2003, 10:04 PM
I personally think that Clyde was. Now obviously these answers are going to be biased by what region you get to see play. In all honesty, I think that Clyde really took the next step and will be in the playoffs w/in the next 2 years.

oneheartbeat
11-12-2003, 10:43 PM
the lamesa golden tornados

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-12-2003, 11:18 PM
Gatesville

wildstangs
11-12-2003, 11:21 PM
oneheartbeat:
the lamesa golden tornadosLol, Lamesa was pretty dang good this year.

CHS_DT#75
11-12-2003, 11:25 PM
I vote Carter-Riverside, they just had a lot of tuff games this year.... jus kidding!!

<small>[ November 12, 2003, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: CHS_DT#75 ]</small>

j_dog
11-13-2003, 02:30 AM
I don't know anything about these other teams, but Kirbyville has to be in there somewhere. :) They played Newton and Diboll tough, and didn't do that badly against Jasper. Newton and Jasper are currently top ten teams and Diboll is certainly not shabby. Otherwise, Kirbyville was undefeated on the season. So, my vote goes to Kirbyville. :)

<small>[ November 13, 2003, 01:44 AM: Message edited by: j_dog ]</small>

SintonFan
11-13-2003, 04:28 AM
Too Fat:
My vote would be Bridge City!! NOTBridge City will be back! Count on it! Got some unresolved feelings there? That's a cheap shot.

Wildcat81
11-13-2003, 06:02 AM
j_dog:
I don't know anything about these other teams, but Kirbyville has to be in there somewhere. :) They played Newton and Diboll tough, and didn't do that badly against Jasper. Newton and Jasper are currently top ten teams and Diboll is certainly not shabby. Otherwise, Kirbyville was undefeated on the season. So, my vote goes to Kirbyville. :) Thank you at lest someone else thinks K-ville has
a good team.

exbccards76'smom
11-13-2003, 06:07 AM
SintonFan:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Too Fat:
<strong>My vote would be Bridge City!! NOTBridge City will be back! Count on it! Got some unresolved feelings there? That's a cheap shot.</strong>[/QUOTE}

Yes, we will be back!! Our "young" players now have some experiece behind them. We,also,have some freshman coming up that won their district this year(they beat Anahuac by forty points). we may be down, but we're not out!!

Old No. 7
11-13-2003, 09:13 AM
j_dog and Wildcat81, thanks for the honorable mention. K-ville's year is comeing.

Too Fat
11-13-2003, 02:31 PM
I'm so sick of hearing about Kirbyville. The bottom line is you will never be a Newton or Jasper. You will always be third best in that area. I'm sorry 4th best.You beat Huntington big deal.I guess next year Kirbyville going to win state.When that super sophomore group is seniors. Thats the same story out of Kirbyville every year.

oak flat
11-13-2003, 02:51 PM
Bridge City will be better but I dont believe they will reach the dominance they have had in the past few years. Remember, they may be in a district with WO-S and Jasper along with Silsbee and a much better Kirbyville program....Too Fat, who in the world are you behind. I think your a complete moron. That's just my opinion. Your blind if you don't think Coach Alvarez hasn't turned that place completely around. 4 years ago, they were 0-24. In his last two years they are 7-4, 7-3. You dont have to like them, but respect what is going on there. They may never beat a Jasper, but your team probably wont either. However, they are nearly on the same level as Newton (if you saw this year's game you'll know) and a respectable B.C. program. It wasn't long ago B.C. was the doormat of the area (for about 20 yrs.) but they turned their program around. The past is the past and this is a new Kirbyville. O.K. toooo dumb.

Old No. 7
11-13-2003, 03:25 PM
Too fat, you are truely a "piece of work". No one has said anything about K-ville winning state next year. We are starting to play better football but realise we have a long way to go. I said "K-ville's year is comeing". I didn't mean next year we would win state. Stars shine but teams win.When K-ville starts playing consitantly as a team, things will be different.

MonkeyJoe
11-13-2003, 03:50 PM
definately gatesville or winnsboro...

Too Fat
11-13-2003, 04:08 PM
Two OK years do make you a program.The big question will be can they win after they graduate their best group in years. Then you can start talking about building a program.

whtfbplaya
11-13-2003, 06:10 PM
Palacios. You did not say the best at what.