PDA

View Full Version : BCS

Astrosdawg07
11-30-2008, 04:36 PM
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2571/picture4mf4.png

OU will play Missouri in the Big 12 Championship.

3afan
11-30-2008, 04:37 PM
go Mizzou?

Emerson1
http://cfn.scout.com/a.z?s=451&p=2&c=557949

Top 25

lbjacj
Originally posted by 3afan
go Mizzou?

I agree!!!

turbostud
11-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Booooooooo!

turbostud
11-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Florida is playing good right now to. Why didnt they move up?

DDBooger
11-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
1. BAMA
2. OU
3. TEXAS
4. FLORIDA

OU give to big 12 title game. with so many teams with 1 loss AP may just give it to someone other than the bcs champ, barring an undefeated Alabama does not win it.

turbostud
11-30-2008, 04:41 PM
I see another BCS Bowl Flop by OU in our future.

michaelp23
Unbelievable! How could anyone possibly defend this screwed up nonsense that lets championships be decided not by a playoff but by voters and computers. I'm about fed up with it.

pirate4state
what a crock of crap

lbjacj
11-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Blake gideon.If only!!

Necks_Fan
11-30-2008, 04:45 PM
The Computer polls have OU at #1?

WTH?

Astrosdawg07
11-30-2008, 04:45 PM
Not much separation from OU and Texas. A bad showing from OU in the BIG 12 CCG, we could see Texas & OU flip flop again.

DDBooger
11-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
I see another BCS Bowl Flop by OU in our future. if it's Florida, OK will be humiliated. No defense and Florida is good enough to limit OU's scoring.

turbostud
11-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

WTH? A

And Florida at #6????????????

WHS02
11-30-2008, 04:50 PM
AS JOHNNY CASH ONCE SAID, CRY CRY CRY. GO SOONERS!! YOU THINK TEXAS COULD DO ANY BETTER AGAINST FLORIDA? CRY ALL YOU WANT THE BCS DOESN'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK. HA HA HA

BOOMER SOONER!!!

Emerson1
11-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Alabama is going to beat Florida

wildstangs
Originally posted by WHS02
AS JOHNNY CASH ONCE SAID, CRY CRY CRY. GO SOONERS!! YOU THINK TEXAS COULD DO ANY BETTER AGAINST FLORIDA? CRY ALL YOU WANT THE BCS DOESN'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK. HA HA HA

BOOMER SOONER!!!

Two teams that Texas crushed will be playing for the Big 12. Sooners need to think Stoops' boys Leach and Mangino for springing them in the coaches poll. Unbelievable that a major college sports championship is decided by a bunch of goons.

Astrosdawg07

BOOMER SOONER!!!

For someone that hasn't been on this board very long you sure do run your mouth and stir the pot often. :thinking:

DukeNukem
11-30-2008, 04:54 PM

WTH?

I saw that. I am a Texas fan, but can see why OU is ranked higher. What I can't understand is how they are ranked higher than Alabama. Of course the AP and Coaches' poll both have people giving OU, Florida, and Tech 1st place votes. Last I checked, Alabama is the only undefeated in a major conference and therefore should have all the 1st place votes. There is too much bias and favoritism that goes into this.

WHS02
11-30-2008, 04:56 PM
I DON'T REALLY THINK TEXAS CRUSHED OU. YES THEY DID OUTPLAY THEM AND DESERVED THE W, BUT THEY DID NOT CRUSH OU. CRUSHING IS WHAT OU DID TO TT. DON'T GET ALL MAD AT ME. I AM AN OU FAN AND AM GLAD WHAT HAPPENED, HAPPENED. I SEE IT OK TO TALK CRAP ABOUT OU BUT WHEN SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT TEXAS EVERYONE STARTS CRYING. OH WELL JUST LOOK AT THE BCS RANKINGS. HA HA HA

turbostud
Originally posted by Emerson1
Alabama is going to beat Florida

No way.

forum_guy
Originally posted by DDBooger
if it's Florida, OK will be humiliated. No defense and Florida is good enough to limit OU's scoring.

and u really think that wouldnt happen to texas...lol u guys are so funny...if it turns out to be OU and florida that is going to be an awesome championship game

pirate4state
11-30-2008, 04:59 PM
I DON'T REALLY THINK TEXAS CRUSHED OU. YES THEY DID OUTPLAY THEM AND DESERVED THE W, BUT THEY DID NOT CRUSH OU. CRUSHING IS WHAT OU DID TO TT. DON'T GET ALL MAD AT ME. I AM AN OU FAN AND AM GLAD WHAT HAPPENED, HAPPENED. I SEE IT OK TO TALK CRAP ABOUT OU BUT WHEN SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT TEXAS EVERYONE STARTS CRYING. OH WELL JUST LOOK AT THE BCS RANKINGS. HA HA HA It's not okay to talk crap about any college and crying is done by BOTH sets of fans! :rolleyes:

bobcat1
11-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Not much separation from OU and Texas. A bad showing from OU in the BIG 12 CCG, we could see Texas & OU flip flop again. Keep hope Alive! (http://www.entertonement.com/clippr/9168)

WHS02
11-30-2008, 05:00 PM
TRUE, VERY TRUE. I REALLY DID NOT CARE WHO WAS GOING I JUST WANTED THEM TO REPRESENT THE BIG 12 WELL, AS OU OR TEXAS WOULD HAVE

mustang04
11-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
I saw that. I am a Texas fan, but can see why OU is ranked higher. What I can't understand is how they are ranked higher than Alabama. Of course the AP and Coaches' poll both have people giving OU, Florida, and Tech 1st place votes. Last I checked, Alabama is the only undefeated in a major conference and therefore should have all the 1st place votes. There is too much bias and favoritism that goes into this.

just cuz alabama is undefeated does not make them a sure candidate for being number 1....i promise you if they had to play a gauntlet of teams including Texas, OU, TT, OSU, and Mizzou...they'd have a couple of losses on their hands....GO BIG 12!!!!!!!!

Astrosdawg07
11-30-2008, 05:02 PM
You know who I really feel for is Blake Gideon, I'm sure he blames this on himself after failing to make that pick. If that happens the polls would be Bama & Texas 1 & 2, with no-one questioning the rankings.

RMAC
11-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Two teams that Texas crushed will be playing for the Big 12. Sooners need to think Stoops' boys Leach and Mangino for springing them in the coaches poll. Unbelievable that a major college sports championship is decided by a bunch of goons.

Yeah, but had UT been on top, they would've been the smartest people ever. You guys knew this was going to happen, whether or not you wish to admit it. Look on the bright side, OU might(will, in my opinion), choke again this year and you can all cry about it until March.

Necks_Fan
11-30-2008, 05:10 PM
Emerson, I respect your opinion, but I think Florida is just too much for the Tide. JMO.

It's ALMOST conceivable for OU to be ahead of Ut in the computer polls...... but how the hell did they get ahead of an UNDEFEATED Bama team that is in the SEC, which ain't no punk, in the computer rankings??????

forum_guy
11-30-2008, 05:10 PM
i can see it now all the ut fans saying ou choked in the title game just because florida beat them and we get to hear the fans playing the what if game about if texas would have gotten to play florida what would have happened

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
i can see it now all the ut fans saying ou choked in the title game just because florida beat them and we get to hear the fans playing the what if game about if texas would have gotten to play florida what would have happened

And it would be exact same if you flipped the two teams

That is what amazes me about this..Each side acts like their fanbase is the more mature of the two, when in reality both have chest thumped, cried and acted like kids...No one side has been above it

forum_guy
11-30-2008, 05:14 PM
im talkin about peoples definition of choking is wrong...OU and florida has the making of being one of the best championship games ever...

bigwood33
11-30-2008, 05:15 PM
OK, Texas is considerably ahead of Fla in the BCS standings, .9223 to .8851. If Fla beats Ala and OU beats Mizzou is there a reasonable chance that Texas and OU go to the top of the BCS? I know that the polls will change and Fla might jump ahead of the 'Horns but this looks like a possibility.

Astrosdawg07
11-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
OK, Texas is considerably ahead of Fla in the BCS standings, .9223 to .8851. If Fla beats Ala and OU beats Mizzou is there a reasonable chance that Texas and OU go to the top of the BCS? I know that the polls will change and Fla might jump ahead of the 'Horns but this looks like a possibility.

I think Mizzou will beat OU, it will basically be a home game for Mizzou

bobcat1
11-30-2008, 05:19 PM
I know one way that might work so http://www.entertonement.com/clippr/9168

WHS02
11-30-2008, 05:19 PM
that is what everyone thought last year, twice. What happened OU won pretty convincingly both times. Remember that?

forum_guy
11-30-2008, 05:23 PM
the only way texas has a chance to go is if mizzou beats ou which will not happen...

Astrosdawg07
11-30-2008, 05:24 PM
that is what everyone thought last year, twice. What happened OU won pretty convincingly both times. Remember that?

True, but Mizzou is coming of a embarrassing loss to Kansas this time. Look for Mizzou to come out looking to prove that they deserved the earlier rank they had before the lost their first game.

forum_guy
11-30-2008, 05:25 PM
lol this is too funny...now we got people saying mizzou will beat ou

Astrosdawg07
11-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Anytime you put Chase Daniel on the field with Jeremy Maclin (sp?), you better watch-out. Oh and that guy from Jasper (Sean Weatherspoon) on the defensive side of the ball is kinda good to.

lbjacj
11-30-2008, 05:27 PM
im talkin about peoples definition of choking is wrong...OU and florida has the making of being one of the best championship games ever...

You're puttin the cart ahead of the horse here!They gotta beat mizzou 1st!:D

WHS02
11-30-2008, 05:28 PM
YEA PRETTY FUNNY. THEY ALL THE SUDDEN THINK MIZOU WILL BEAT OU JUST BECAUSE OF A BCS RANKING. I DON'T THINK SO. SORRY!!!

Bull Butter
11-30-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
And Florida has to beat Bama

forum_guy
11-30-2008, 05:29 PM

well since i do not play for a team i am allowed to look ahead to a florida ou championship

bobcat1
11-30-2008, 05:31 PM
well since i do not play for a team i am allowed to look ahead to a florida ou championship Not without permission from UT first.:p

forum_guy
11-30-2008, 05:33 PM
ut doesnt have a say so in anything remember they gave away title hopes with loss in lubbock?

Necks_Fan
11-30-2008, 05:52 PM
ut doesnt have a say so in anything remember they gave away title hopes with loss in lubbock? Just like OU SHOULD have had their chances at a NC taken away from them on a neutral field, back a month or so ago.

augie97
11-30-2008, 06:11 PM
First I would like to say that I am a Horn fan but I must say this, win all your games then you have nothing to complain about. The Horns are going to get a nice bowl out of things. They were picked tenth at the begining of the year and way over achieved this year. Good season for the Horns. The only people to blame for this is the system itself not the Sooners, they did what they had to do, and that was win late, and win impressive, and thats what they did. If that is what the current system requires then thats what you need to do. I didn't say it was fair, that's just life. I am so tired of hearing adults whine like a bunch of children. If you don't like it, the only way to change it is do not invest your money in their product. Since that will not happen, we can talk about our impending match up with Utah. Here's a thought, what if OU and Texas go to their respective bowls and both get beat then who has the arguement as to who belongs and who doesn't. The greatest thing about football to me is that no matter talent, skill, scheme, or coach any team can be beaten on any given night at any given field. That is what makes football great.

sinton66
11-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Should be settled on the field of play. No arguments with that. BCS is a bunch of crap, period. Why is the NCAA the ONLY sports association in the world that doesn't have a playoff system?

augie97
11-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Should be settled on the field of play. No arguments with that. BCS is a bunch of crap, period. Why is the NCAA the ONLY sports association in the world that doesn't have a playoff system?

That's easy, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

WHS02
11-30-2008, 06:43 PM
good post augie97. They are both great teams and i wish luck to al big 12 south teams!!

SpursFan
11-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Just like OU SHOULD have had their chances at a NC taken away from them on a neutral field, back a month or so ago.
I was going to post the same thing!

45-35 Neutral Field!

This BCS Computer System is CRAP!!

SpursFan
11-30-2008, 07:07 PM
lol this is too funny...now we got people saying mizzou will beat ou

With this CRAP system anything is possible!!!

When you let a computer decide instead of the field!!!!!!!

Bull Butter
11-30-2008, 07:07 PM
This is about who is the best team right now, not 50 days ago

Red&White_9x5
11-30-2008, 07:21 PM
I know this ended in a three way tie and many are saying you can't look at head to head. If the BCS had OU 2nd, Texas 3rd, and Tech 4th I may be able to live with it. BUT, Tech got blown out late in the season and is ranked 8th while you have Texas and OU Battling it out for the 2nd and 3rd spots. How in the world does Texas not hold the trump card with a 10 point victory over OU on a NEUTRAL FIELD?????

augie97
11-30-2008, 07:31 PM
As much as it pains me to say it, it is true, and one other thing that this system does do is it takes good coaches and makes them do things that you are taught from a young age not to do when it comes to sportsmanship, but I have to give Coach Stoops credit. He understands the system that is laid to us currently and played it well. That sometimes hurts coaches like Coach Brown who is old school. Once again, not saying that I like it, but it is sad to say that is how it is. Also I think that the current state of football in college has totally taken away from one of the most important phases of football that there is, and that is defense. All these gaudy numbers that are being put up in the Big XII. It's not just the Big XII it's all over the place. I will say this, I would much rather have the Steel Curtain than 60 points a game. Defense wins championships its a proven fact time and time again. You don't stop Lindell White on fourth and 1 VY never becomes a Rose Bowl legend. In the end I do think that OU will play Florida and that the speed of the Florida defense will elevate them past the Sooners in a very close game but with a huge score something like what you saw last night in the Bedlam game.

NastySlot
11-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
I know this ended in a three way tie and many are saying you can't look at head to head. If the BCS had OU 2nd, Texas 3rd, and Tech 4th I may be able to live with it. BUT, Tech got blown out late in the season and is ranked 8th while you have Texas and OU Battling it out for the 2nd and 3rd spots. How in the world does Texas not hold the trump card with a 10 point victory over OU on a NEUTRAL FIELD?????

a lot things don't make sense about it...everyone has a great arguement for why texas is better or ou is better......idk...but isn't ou the only one of those teams that defeated a a ranked conference foe on the road? A lot of people always say rankings don't mean squat until the final one after the games have been played....now many of those same people are talking about strength of schedule and home, road or neutral fields.....one week the polls are bs the computer is better the next it's how the heck do the computers work and the polls are better......what ever it is......all knew what the factors were and we all have known for sometime with this system if your going to lose...lose early.....blame the aggies...if they had only been ranked texas would have probably held their spot in this mess and stayed ahead of ou.

NastySlot
11-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by augie97
As much as it pains me to say it, it is true, and one other thing that this system does do is it takes good coaches and makes them do things that you are taught from a young age not to do when it comes to sportsmanship, but I have to give Coach Stoops credit. He understands the system that is laid to us currently and played it well. That sometimes hurts coaches like Coach Brown who is old school. Once again, not saying that I like it, but it is sad to say that is how it is. Also I think that the current state of football in college has totally taken away from one of the most important phases of football that there is, and that is defense. All these gaudy numbers that are being put up in the Big XII. It's not just the Big XII it's all over the place. I will say this, I would much rather have the Steel Curtain than 60 points a game. Defense wins championships its a proven fact time and time again. You don't stop Lindell White on fourth and 1 VY never becomes a Rose Bowl legend. In the end I do think that OU will play Florida and that the speed of the Florida defense will elevate them past the Sooners in a very close game but with a huge score something like what you saw last night in the Bedlam game.

talking about good defense...whats you take on defense in high school ball........was speaking with a guy i used to coach with and we both felt like you just don't see good defense on the high school level anymore...............now as soon as we had that conversation on friday night at the navasota/lavega game...i saw liberty hill play some really good d last night........just wondering what you think.

augie97
11-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
a lot things don't make sense about it...everyone has a great arguement for why texas is better or ou is better......idk...but isn't ou the only one of those teams that defeated a a ranked conference foe on the road? A lot of people always say rankings don't mean squat until the final one after the games have been played....now many of those same people are talking about strength of schedule and home, road or neutral fields.....one week the polls are bcs the computer is better the next it's how the heck do the computers work and the polls are better......what ever it is......all knew what the factors were and we all have known for sometime with this system if your going to lose...lose early.....blame the aggies...if they had only been ranked texas would have probably held their spot in this mess and stayed ahead of ou.

Win all your games and nothing can be said.

NastySlot
11-30-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by augie97
Win all your games and nothing can be said.

that is true...but ou didn't and what about those three other undefeated teams...utah, boise state and ball state..........two of those teams would have loved to have been considered.

lepfan
11-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
It's not okay to talk crap about any college and crying is done by BOTH sets of fans! :rolleyes: I agree with him...sometimes it appears that 'crap'...or whatever you want to call it....will sling around until it hits some in the eye and then the crying starts...yes on both sides......but I see more crying from one side....*DISCLAIMER* This is my opinion only...and we all know I can be somewhat opionated. :)

WylieBulldog92
11-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
This is about who is the best team right now, not 50 days ago
actually it is about 50 days ago too, we should just have a 4 game season then right?

sinton66
11-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
.....but I see more crying from one side....

Of course you do.;) But, Texas is better than Oklahoma, they proved it on the field 45-35.

Dogman_1969
11-30-2008, 07:53 PM
I DON'T REALLY THINK TEXAS CRUSHED OU. YES THEY DID OUTPLAY THEM AND DESERVED THE W, BUT THEY DID NOT CRUSH OU. CRUSHING IS WHAT OU DID TO TT. DON'T GET ALL MAD AT ME. I AM AN OU FAN AND AM GLAD WHAT HAPPENED, HAPPENED. I SEE IT OK TO TALK CRAP ABOUT OU BUT WHEN SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT TEXAS EVERYONE STARTS CRYING. OH WELL JUST LOOK AT THE BCS RANKINGS. HA HA HA

You'd better hope that this screwed up mess doesn't pair OU and Texas up again in a BCS bowl game. If that happens, ou is going to have another BCS implosion, only this time the Longhorns will be the one that hangs half a hundred on them.........

augie97
11-30-2008, 07:54 PM
talking about good defense...whats you take on defense in high school ball........was speaking with a guy i used to coach with and we both felt like you just don't see good defense on the high school level anymore...............now as soon as we had that conversation on friday night at the navasota/lavega game...i saw liberty hill play some really good d last night........just wondering what you think.

I think that there are a few teams here in 3A that play really good defense at times, but as a whole the emphasis is totally on offense. I'm a defensive guy, have been all my life. Although I am a Horns fan what the Aggies of the late 80's early 90's and also Nebraska did I thought was the greatest football. The black shirts, the wreckin crew. Run the football, triple option, absolutely love it. Good stuff. That's why teams like Liberty Hill do so well. Old school tactics. Also too I will have to "defend" offense to an extent and say that it has evolved better than defense has.

lepfan
11-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Of course you do.;) But, Texas is better than Oklahoma, they proved it on the field 45-35. In that one game they were. Later in the season OU improved and stomped a team that beat Texas. THIS WEEK we are better and you are still just Texas...with the 45-35 bragging rights of that ONE GAME. Had Texas done their job on the field and beat Tech then we would not be having this issue!!! The entire season counts...not just one game!!! Again... this is only my opinion..some will agree and many will disagree. :) BOOMER SOONER!!!

lepfan
11-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
You'd better hope that this screwed up mess doesn't pair OU and Texas up again in a BCS bowl game. If that happens, ou is going to have another BCS implosion, only this time the Longhorns will be the one that hangs half a hundred on them......... IMO you are getting really comical...

augie97
11-30-2008, 08:03 PM
that is true...but ou didn't and what about those three other undefeated teams...utah, boise state and ball state..........two of those teams would have loved to have been considered.

Playing some quality opponents along the way would probably not hurt.

sinton66
11-30-2008, 08:06 PM
In that one game they were. Later in the season OU improved and stomped a team that beat Texas.

Yep, and then gave up 41 points to a team that Texas beat handily.

WHS02
11-30-2008, 08:09 PM
handily, in texas? by 5 i think it was? The OU-osu game is a huge rivarly. Stop crying, and know that OU came out with a win and they are ahead of texas in the bcs. suck it up babies it is what it is!!!

lepfan
11-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Yep, and then gave up 41 points to a team that Texas beat handily. Yep...sure did...but Oklahoma won that one. :)

sinton66
11-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Yep...sure did...but Oklahoma won that one. :)

and Texas beat both of them on the field where it's supposed to count. That's the whole point here.;)

Phil C
11-30-2008, 08:16 PM
TRUE, VERY TRUE. I REALLY DID NOT CARE WHO WAS GOING I JUST WANTED THEM TO REPRESENT THE BIG 12 WELL, AS OU OR TEXAS WOULD HAVE

STOP SHOUTING! ARE YOU DEEF!

:)

WHS02
WELL I AM DONE ARGUING HERE, WHEN ALL YOU CRYBABY LONGHORNS WAKE UP IN THE MORNING OU WILL STILL BE AHEAD
of texas IN THE BCS. SO LAY YOUR HEAD ON YOUR LITTLE UGLY LONGORN PILLOW TONIGHT AND CRY CRY CRY BECAUSE IT IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING. BOOMER SOONER!!!!!

Phil C
Unfortunately Missouri will probably be Colorado of 2005 against Oklahoma.

cshscougar08
11-30-2008, 08:19 PM
Ok people, I'm just gonna throw my two cents in here and before you jump all over me, yes I know I would probably be whining if OU was on the outside looking in. But I'm just gonna say what I want to say here and then you can rip me up if you want to.

First off, I want to say that Texas is a fantastic team and in every possible way, deserved to be playing in Kansas City next week. They proved it on the field, where it SHOULD matter. Now, we can all agree that this totally sucks. The winner of a CONFERENCE DIVISION should not be decided by the BCS rankings that are already screwy enough when dealing with things on a national scale. But ya know what? There isn't a dang thing we can do about it. We can whine, we can swear, we can cheer, we can cry, but nothing will change the way that the BCS is set up nor can we change how the BCS deals with ties (although hopefully that gets changed in the offseason). So let's look at it this way. Texas people, don't hang your heads because some inanimate object kept your school out of the Big 12 and possibly national title game. And OU people, including myself, we shouldn't be proud that we were put in by an inanimate object.

One thing is to be certain can be taken away from this. TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS!!! Neither Texas nor Oklahoma did all the things that they needed to do to avoid this scenario. So, that being said, let's just sit back and enjoy next weekend and the rest of the season. Texas people, learn Mizzou's fight song and do what you do best: hate OU. And I'll be supporting my Sooners.

Please understand that I hate this system as much as any of you and feel lucky that Oklahoma is going to the Big 12 Championship game.

lepfan
11-30-2008, 08:20 PM
and Texas beat both of them on the field where it's supposed to count. That's the whole point here.;) That is how you see it...I see it in a different way. OU beat the team that beat Texas and the stats that pushed them over...We can just agree to disagree...like most OU/UT fans do :)

G'night...I have some work to do before tomorrow morning... :)

lepfan
11-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Ok people, I'm just gonna throw my two cents in here and before you jump all over me, yes I know I would probably be whining if OU was on the outside looking in. But I'm just gonna say what I want to say here and then you can rip me up if you want to.

First off, I want to say that Texas is a fantastic team and in every possible way, deserved to be playing in Kansas City next week. They proved it on the field, where it SHOULD matter. Now, we can all agree that this totally sucks. The winner of a CONFERENCE DIVISION should not be decided by the BCS rankings that are already screwy enough when dealing with things on a national scale. But ya know what? There isn't a dang thing we can do about it. We can whine, we can swear, we can cheer, we can cry, but nothing will change the way that the BCS is set up nor can we change how the BCS deals with ties (although hopefully that gets changed in the offseason). So let's look at it this way. Texas people, don't hang your heads because some inanimate object kept your school out of the Big 12 and possibly national title game. And OU people, including myself, we shouldn't be proud that we were put in by an inanimate object.

One thing is to be certain can be taken away from this. TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS!!! Neither Texas nor Oklahoma did all the things that they needed to do to avoid this scenario. So, that being said, let's just sit back and enjoy next weekend and the rest of the season. Texas people, learn Mizzou's fight song and do what you do best: hate OU. And I'll be supporting my Sooners.

Please understand that I hate this system as much as any of you and feel lucky that Oklahoma is going to the Big 12 Championship game. DITTO

scrub c
11-30-2008, 08:31 PM
well I guess the bcs gave ou the conference championship (because Missouri SUCKS!!!) and yes ou will destroy mizzou.

I guess the only consolation to every non-ou fan is the satisfaction of seeing ou CHOKE IT OFF in the big game... and I will root against them...

I'm not a die hard UT fan, but its hard not to like UT because of Mack Brown. The man is just flat out good for texas hs football.

sinton66
11-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Maybe we need to scrap the State Fair game and schedule OU the FINAL week of the season.

Phil C
11-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Now now. Just go ahead and watch OU against Missouri and enjoy the game in the "We Lost to Texas Bowl."

:)

Red&White_9x5
11-30-2008, 08:52 PM
WELL I AM DONE ARGUING HERE, WHEN ALL YOU CRYBABY LONGHORNS WAKE UP IN THE MORNING OU WILL STILL BE AHEAD
of texas IN THE BCS. SO LAY YOUR HEAD ON YOUR LITTLE UGLY LONGORN PILLOW TONIGHT AND CRY CRY CRY BECAUSE IT IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING. BOOMER SOONER!!!!!

I agree that no matter how much we don't like it or how much we complain, tomorrow morning we will wake up and Bobby and the boys will still be getting ready to play Saturday night just like when all you Boomer Sooners wake up in the morning you will still remember we beat you by 10 on a neutral field!!!!!

lbjacj
11-30-2008, 09:07 PM

What a ....
:rolleyes:

29-3aFAN
11-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Maybe we need to scrap the State Fair game and schedule OU the FINAL week of the season.

I agree.

eagles_victory
11-30-2008, 09:42 PM
What a ....
:rolleyes: Don't worry about him you should of saw the douchebag he was being in the game thread between Texas and Oklahoma he was just in shock his Sooners were losing.

scrub c
11-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
douchebag

LOL he said douchebag...

WHS02
11-30-2008, 09:49 PM
oh, i did not know we called eacother names on here?

sinton66
11-30-2008, 09:52 PM
oh, i did not know we called eacother names on here?

You mean like "crybaby"?

WHS02
11-30-2008, 09:54 PM
no i mean like douchbag.
It is a good thing that I am not on the same level as someone who calls another member on the board a douchebag

slingshot
11-30-2008, 09:56 PM
oh, i did not know we called eacother names on here? Thank you for finally taking off your caps lock!

carter08
Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer.

WHS02
sorry about the caps

WHS02
11-30-2008, 09:57 PM
I love the rammer jammer yellow hammer!!!

sinton66
11-30-2008, 09:59 PM
no i mean like douchbag.
It is a good thing that I am not on the same level as someone who calls another member on the board a douchebag

"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." Or, in other words, if you don't want no crap, don't start any.

carter08
11-30-2008, 10:01 PM
I love the rammer jammer yellow hammer!!!

Roll Tide Roll.

Astrosdawg07
11-30-2008, 10:17 PM
"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." Or, in other words, if you don't want no crap, don't start any.

That a babe Sinton66 show them family jewels :D

blaster
11-30-2008, 10:21 PM
ABT!!!!

Anyone but Texas! Gig 'Em!

bobcat1
11-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Of course you do.;) But, Texas is better than Oklahoma, they proved it on the field 45-35. Ancient History. Night and Day difference in those teams now.

sinton66
11-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Ancient History. Night and Day difference in those teams now.

Don't think so. Oklahoma State didn't hang 41 on Texas and Oklahoma dang sure didn't hang 61 on Texas. I'm not knocking Oklahoma, they have a great team, but in the head to head Texas beat them, and that's what should count.

lepfan
11-30-2008, 11:01 PM
Maybe we should buy a big block of cheese!!!!

Astrosdawg07
11-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Don't think so. Oklahoma State didn't hang 41 on Texas and Oklahoma dang sure didn't hang 61 on Texas. I'm not knocking Oklahoma, they have a great team, but in the head to head Texas beat them, and that's what should count.

If they had not both played Tech that argument would stand better, due to OU beat Tech and Texas lost it just goes round and round.. It is what it is, I do think Texas got screwed though...

Necks_Fan
11-30-2008, 11:19 PM
Maybe we should buy a big block of cheese!!!! to go with that whine?

NastySlot
11-30-2008, 11:19 PM
my final take......texas is sitting good right now...try to post this on another topic...but it was closed.........history tends to be on the side of the underdogs when the championship is played outside the state of texas........and regardless if its ou or would have been texas........i think missouri has a good chance to win in the cold of "neutral" arrowhead stadium..................so all isn't a loss for the horns just yet.

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
OU blowing out Tech did not help UT at all, since they actually lost to Tech, particularly since Tech barely ( :( ) managed to beat Baylor. If it had been a close game, you might have a good argument.

Necks_Fan
11-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Go Mizzou!

augie97
11-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Here is an interesting scenario, just by some miracle Mizzou does pull an upset and Bama beats Florida. I mean Bama would be an obvious #1. Then who do you send? I think that would create a bigger mess for the BCS than what happen in the Big XII south. The mess that happened with the Big XII south is no ones fault but the conference itself with their tiebreaker rules. Would it be USC, maybe Utah, Texas, Penn State. Just a thought.

Bull Butter
11-30-2008, 11:42 PM

Texas didn't hang 65(in 3 quarters) on Tech either

RMAC
11-30-2008, 11:47 PM
Texas didn't hang 65(in 3 quarters) on Tech either

Good point.

eagles_victory
11-30-2008, 11:55 PM
Ill be the first one to admit what Gary said and a couple of other people said is right if Texas handles their bussiness in Lubbock this is not even being discussed. But if you remove all your bias and look at the big picture it is hard to put a one loss team (Oklahoma) ahead of another one loss team who defeated Oklahoma (Texas)

Bull Butter
12-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Ill be the first one to admit what Gary said and a couple of other people said is right if Texas handles their bussiness in Lubbock this is not even being discussed. But if you remove all your bias and look at the big picture it is hard to put a one loss team (Oklahoma) ahead of another one loss team who defeated Oklahoma (Texas)

Then I guess it's also hard to put a one loss team (Texas) ahead of a one loss team who defeated Texas (Texas Tech)

Txbroadcaster
12-01-2008, 12:51 AM
Then I guess it's also hard to put a one loss team (Texas) ahead of a one loss team who defeated Texas (Texas Tech)

If we are talking a 3 way tie ur right..but the simple fact HOW TTech loss put them out of the discussion, fair or not

eagles_victory
12-01-2008, 12:57 AM
Then I guess it's also hard to put a one loss team (Texas) ahead of a one loss team who defeated Texas (Texas Tech) When you lose by 44 points in the second to last week of the season your irrelevant.

bobcat1
12-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Still a loss is a loss no matter what. If I look at it unbiased now and really be fair, the BCS rankings are about right except I see Florida ahead of OU and Texas and Bama behind them as football teams. So I have the top 4 as follows:

1) Florida
2) OU
3) Texas
4) Alabama

If I had to choose the teams I see as the most difficult to beat it is in that order. I know Alabama has not lost yet but it is coming IMO.

OldBison75
12-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Florida beats Alabama, OU beats Missouri. Oh Crap, what do the computers do now. Does that leave Texas and OU as #1 and #2.
Or does the computer drop Alabama to 4 or 5 and jump Florida to Number 2. Now you have a real mess. It just might end up with OU ranked #1 and Texas ranked #2. Then the BCS championship becomes a rematch and the real best team will be decided on the field, like it was in Dallas.

jockcity33
12-01-2008, 09:42 AM
I agree with Mike Leach on the three way tie breaker. Coach Leach said that a three way tie should be broken by those three schools graduation rates, which would put Tech #1, Texas which is number 11 at the second spot, and OU which is number 12 at the third spot.

BobcatBenny
12-01-2008, 09:44 AM
All I know for certain ... is that the Big XII has some sort of fouled up tie breaker.

I know they never intended for it to come down to it nor expected it, but it did.

I think I remember when Texas Tech went to the Cotton Bowl against USC and were trounced, the tie breaker was "the team that had not been the conference champion most recently" won the tie breaker.

That would have been better than this tie breaker.

Of course that would not help the BCS either. But ... I am not sure the BCS could ever really be helped.

cshscougar08
12-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
All I know for certain ... is that the Big XII has some sort of fouled up tie breaker.

I agree. I think it should be point differentials. It makes sense and it's objective.

jockcity33
12-01-2008, 09:59 AM
A point diferential would still put OU in the Big XII title game. They lost to UT by 10 and beat Tech by 44 giving them a 34 point differential. Texas beat OU by 10 and lost to Tech by 6 giving them a 4 point differential. And Tech beat UT by 6 and lost to OU by 44 giving them a - 38 differential.

lbjacj
12-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Florida beats Alabama, OU beats Missouri. Oh Crap, what do the computers do now. Does that leave Texas and OU as #1 and #2.
Or does the computer drop Alabama to 4 or 5 and jump Florida to Number 2. Now you have a real mess. It just might end up with OU ranked #1 and Texas ranked #2. Then the BCS championship becomes a rematch and the real best team will be decided on the field, like it was in Dallas.

Florida would jump texas when it beats alabama.Horns fans have to root for mizzouri to somehow beat ou!

cshscougar08
12-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33
A point diferential would still put OU in the Big XII title game. They lost to UT by 10 and beat Tech by 44 giving them a 34 point differential. Texas beat OU by 10 and lost to Tech by 6 giving them a 4 point differential. And Tech beat UT by 6 and lost to OU by 44 giving them a - 38 differential.

So? What's wrong with OU in in that case? That's a whole lot more objective than human polls and a flawed computer system.

JasperDog94
12-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Texas didn't hang 65(in 3 quarters) on Tech either That's because that's not Texas' offense. Texas doesn't score by throwing the deep ball like OU or Tech. Texas has a short passing game with a little bit of run mixed in and then relies on their defense to play well. Something OU would know little about.

JasperDog94
12-01-2008, 10:12 AM
I agree. I think it should be point differentials. It makes sense and it's objective. All this would do is promote running up the score. Bad idea.

Eagle 1
12-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Anybody else heard this rumor?

"Rumor has it that Mack Brown will decline Texas' BCS invite in order to allow Texas Tech to accept an invitation. Mack has said that without OU in the equation anymore, he believes that the matter was clearly settled on the field.

Expect Mack to be calling in during the big xii championship game to politick for Texas Tech."

RMAC
12-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Anybody else heard this rumor?

"Rumor has it that Mack Brown will decline Texas' BCS invite in order to allow Texas Tech to accept an invitation. Mack has said that without OU in the equation anymore, he believes that the matter was clearly settled on the field.

Expect Mack to be calling in during the big xii championship game to politick for Texas Tech."

I don't know why he would do that. Yeah, they got screwed by the 3-way action in the South, but I don't think UT would let him turn down a game that gets the school, what, like 7 or 8 million dollars? It's all about the money in college football guys, we all know that. Now if that's the truth, then I will take back every mean thing I've ever said about him, :D , but I just don't see that happening.

RMAC
12-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33

I said this in another thread, but since UT still wouldn't make it, it was an unfair and nonobjective way to settle things. I actually said make it a point differential between common opponents, giving you 5 games to account for, as they all played the 5 other teams in the South. That's almost half of the games, so I don't see how it wouldn't be better than what we have in place right now.

JasperDog94
12-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
I said this in another thread, but since UT still wouldn't make it, it was an unfair and nonobjective way to settle things. I actually said make it a point differential between common opponents, giving you 5 games to account for, as they all played the 5 other teams in the South. That's almost half of the games, so I don't see how it wouldn't be better than what we have in place right now. Because it promotes unsportsmanship. Plus why should you be punished if you have a really good defensive team and produce just enough offense to win?

Texasfootball2
12-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
just cuz alabama is undefeated does not make them a sure candidate for being number 1....i promise you if they had to play a gauntlet of teams including Texas, OU, TT, OSU, and Mizzou...they'd have a couple of losses on their hands....GO BIG 12!!!!!!!!

I seriously doubt that they would have two losses. The SEC is just as competitive as the Big 12 especially since the Big 12 North is just average. The SEC is strong in both East and West divisions, Even Vanderbilt was good enough to beat you this year if you didn't bring your "A" game with you. Alabama deserves to be unanimous #1 until someone beats them.

forum_guy
12-01-2008, 11:05 AM
in my opinion the system did the right thing...i think you have to favor in the SOS and who plays who...OU has crushed 4 of the nations top 14 teams and is about to crush the 20th ranked team...look at their non conference record...they played 2 ranked opponents in cincinnati and tcu and crushed them...they have to get credit for scheduling those games and accounting for the SOS is the way to do it...after OU lays the law down on mizzou
-OU will have the only win over a ranked opponent on the road.
-OU will have beat more ranked opponents than UT or TT.
-OU will have played more ranked opponents than UT or TT.
you cant sit here and say OU doesnt deserve it, u just have to live with it

RMAC
12-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Because it promotes unsportsmanship. Plus why should you be punished if you have a really good defensive team and produce just enough offense to win?

I'm saying it would be better than having people who have seen a handful of Big 12 games, at best, this year decide. It would be decided 'On the Field', which, from what I've gathered, is what all the UT fans want. In terms of sportsmanship, I don't see how it'd be any worse. Every coach in the Top 10 has been crying at one point or another this season. You can be PC and call it 'lobbying', a term I use very loosely, if you want, but that's just denial if you ask me. I think a scenario of this type would help that to be eliminated. Besides, nobody in the Big 12 has, from what we've seen this year, a very stellar defense. Now, again, that may very well be due to the amazing offenses in the conference, but until the lines on Big 12 games are less than 60-70, you can't make much of an arguement that a really good defensive team with just enough offense will win the Big 12.

NastySlot
12-01-2008, 11:15 AM
any one know what the other conference do to break ties........sec, conference usa, acc, mac all have title games.

BobcatBenny
12-01-2008, 11:16 AM
JDog94, not to derail the thread, but I love your sig! :D

NastySlot
12-01-2008, 11:19 AM
any one know what the other conference do to break ties........sec, conference usa, acc, mac all have title games.

nevermind........

Texas coach Mack Brown had suggested using a model like the Atlantic Coast or Southeastern Conferences, which use the BCS only to eliminate one team and then shifts to head-to-head competition.

RMAC
12-01-2008, 11:27 AM
nevermind........

Texas coach Mack Brown had suggested using a model like the Atlantic Coast or Southeastern Conferences, which use the BCS only to eliminate one team and then shifts to head-to-head competition.

What Brown wants to do is use the system the screwed UT over only to his advantage. He wants to use it to eliminate the team he lost to and then use the head to head which he won. I honestly don't see how that is any better than what we have now. If you're a UT fan, then yes, it is much better, but if you're not. . .:confused:

I'm not saying what the SEC or ACC have is bad, but personally, I don't mind the concept of don't lose late in the season. My team lost late, but I'm not complaining about the fact that we weren't even mentioned. You can't say well if you hadn't have lost by 44, because come one people, lets be honest; If it comes down to Tech and either OU/UT, the latter will win out in the media every time and you know it. The Big 12 decides who plays who when. Now, maybe, JUST MAYBE, OU and UT play early enough that even though one of them will lose, it won't be too late to climb back into the polls(see OU). Hell, UT lost a month later, and they're still #3 in the country. It's always about the $$ with college football, not just the Big 12.

Phil C
12-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Is WHOS02 Chief?

NastySlot
12-01-2008, 11:35 AM
What Brown wants to do is use the system the screwed UT over only to his advantage. He wants to use it to eliminate the team he lost to and then use the head to head which he won. I honestly don't see how that is any better than what we have now. If you're a UT fan, then yes, it is much better, but if you're not. . .:confused:

I'm not saying what the SEC or ACC have is bad, but personally, I don't mind the concept of don't lose late in the season. My team lost late, but I'm not complaining about the fact that we weren't even mentioned. You can't say well if you hadn't have lost by 44, because come one people, lets be honest; If it comes down to Tech and either OU/UT, the latter will win out in the media every time and you know it. The Big 12 decides who plays who when. Now, maybe, JUST MAYBE, OU and UT play early enough that even though one of them will lose, it won't be too late to climb back into the polls(see OU). Hell, UT lost a month later, and they're still #3 in the country. It's always about the $$ with college football, not just the Big 12.

changes need to be made....the current tie-breakers were voted on a long time ago by the athletic directors who never thought that two teams would both be ranked as high as 2 and 3......I think the system mentioned by brown used by the acc and sec contradicts what horns fans are saying let it be broken on the field...well imo if thats the case the only thing i see to break the tie after other methods couldn't do it...would be have a point differential or a plus minus point system...with a cap on points like some high school district use......then if you can't break it go to the acc/sec systems.

RMAC
12-01-2008, 11:39 AM
changes need to be made....the current tie-breakers were voted on a long time ago by the athletic directors who never thought that two teams would both be ranked as high as 2 and 3......I think the system mentioned by brown used by the acc and sec contradicts what horns fans are saying let it be broken on the field...well imo if thats the case the only thing i see to break the tie after other methods couldn't do it...would be have a point differential or a plus minus point system...with a cap on points like some high school district use......then if you can't break it go to the acc/sec systems.

That's where I came up with my idea of a point differential between ALL common opponents, giving 5 games to work with. Cap it at like 28 or so, that way everybody doesn't get their feelings hurt by running up the score.:( We all have to be nice and not step on anybody's toes.:rolleyes: That's what I was pointing out about what the UT fans are saying, as you said as well. If you hate the BCS system so much, you can't use it just for you're advantage.

JasperDog94
12-01-2008, 11:43 AM
in my opinion the system did the right thing...i think you have to favor in the SOS and who plays who...OU has crushed 4 of the nations top 14 teams and is about to crush the 20th ranked team...look at their non conference record...they played 2 ranked opponents in cincinnati and tcu and crushed them...they have to get credit for scheduling those games and accounting for the SOS is the way to do it...after OU lays the law down on mizzou
-OU will have the only win over a ranked opponent on the road.
-OU will have beat more ranked opponents than UT or TT.
-OU will have played more ranked opponents than UT or TT.
you cant sit here and say OU doesnt deserve it, u just have to live with it The only problem with your system is you're counting the Big 12 Championship Game as a game against a ranked opponent. When comparing SOS you can't look at that game in determining who should go to the conference championship game.

If you look at SOS, both Texas and OU are in the top 5 in just about ranking out there. If there was a vast difference then you might have an argument. But as it stands now, both teams have played tough competition. OU's offense is a little bit better than Texas' (hence the point differential) but Texas' defense is much better than OU's.

JasperDog94
12-01-2008, 11:46 AM
If you hate the BCS system so much, you can't use it just for you're advantage. I don't know of any Texas fan that likes the BCS. The problem is we're stuck with it so we might as well try to determine the best deserving team with it. Unfortunately that has not happened this year. (IMO)

Imagine if the BCS was used in other arenas. What if after the NFL season was done, people got to vote on who made the playoffs? It would be a complete joke.:crazy1:

RMAC
12-01-2008, 11:49 AM
I don't know of any Texas fan that likes the BCS. The problem is we're stuck with it so we might as well try to determine the best deserving team with it. Unfortunately that has not happened this year. (IMO)

Imagine if the BCS was used in other arenas. What if after the NFL season was done, people got to vote on who made the playoffs? It would be a complete joke.:crazy1:

I never said you liked it, only that you want to use it only to your advantage, which, if I'm not mistaken, is unfair; something you are very much against. Gotta get to class, or I'd continue with the discussion. Have a nice day.

JasperDog94
12-01-2008, 11:50 AM
I never said you liked it, only that you want to use it only to your advantage, which, if I'm not mistaken, is unfair; The entire system is unfair.

BobcatBenny
12-01-2008, 11:52 AM
I think Mike Leach was in favor of an offensive line pie eating contest to settle the tie? :confused:

un b weavable
12-01-2008, 11:54 AM

At least there would still be a playoff to determine a champion. ;)

cameron91
12-01-2008, 11:55 AM
being a longhorn fan.I'm not upset with the BCS.the big 12 made this three way tie rule up not the BCS. so why blame the BCS for something the BIG 12 did. the BCS is glad , the BIG 12 let them off the hook again this year.

with that said good luck to all the gooner fans this week..

Black_Magic
12-01-2008, 11:58 AM

BOOMER SOONER!!! TEXAS could do better. They did beat OU by 10.... IF texas is not in the BCS chanpionship game and OU is they it will TOTALY lose all credibility. TEXAS beat them head to head and it was not even a close game. TEXAS beat the everloving snot out of OU (UT at Norman) all game long..:rolleyes:

NastySlot
12-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
TEXAS could do better. They did beat OU by 10.... IF texas is not in the BCS chanpionship game and OU is they it will TOTALY lose all credibility. TEXAS beat them head to head and it was not even a close game. TEXAS beat the everloving snot out of OU (UT at Norman) all game long..:rolleyes:

wasn't a close game?....i thought texas trailed in this game and came back with a vengence.

BobcatBenny
12-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Probably should have let LHPM settle this dispute like we do here on the 3ADL.

Who do you think should go to the BIG XII Championship mom? ;)

Texasfootball2
12-01-2008, 12:09 PM
TEXAS could do better. They did beat OU by 10.... IF texas is not in the BCS chanpionship game and OU is they it will TOTALY lose all credibility. TEXAS beat them head to head and it was not even a close game. TEXAS beat the everloving snot out of OU (UT at Norman) all game long..:rolleyes:

Texas outscored OU 15-7 in the "FOURTH" quater to win by "10". Either your out of your mind or the reason that Snyder is not playing in December, or BOTH!

"Texas beat the everloving snot out of OU"????????????????:doh:

Your wearing blinders man, and I'm not an OU fan, but there was no correct solution in this situation and the system sucks. But you need to take of the burnt orange glasses your wearing be realistic.

And just for good measure here are your "beat the ever living snot out of them stats"! Total yards in the game. UT - 438 total yards, OU - 435 total yards. "AND" OU scored with 11:42 left in the game to take a 35-31 lead. Yes they lead in the fourth quater of a game that you say they got the "ever living snot beat out of them".

Here is some more stuff you can put in your pipe and smoke! From reading your post I think you've already smoked some this morning.

Everybody acts like Tech was lucky to pull out a victory and it was some sort of fluke. Well the fact is UT lead for 1 min and 28 seconds. Here are some stats that show that UT really got the ever living snot out of them.

First downs Tech - 31 UT - 18
Time of Possesion Tech - 36:53 UT - 23:07
Total Yards Tech 579 ( 474 passing 105 rushing) UT 374 ( 294 passing 80 rushing).

Tech whipped UT from start to finish. Funny thing is if Tech had kicked the 43 yard FG to win the game, even though it would have only been a two point victory in stead of a six point victory people probably would have seen it in a totally different light. Except those who look through burnt orange glasses.

Since Tech beat UT , maybe they should get the other Big 12 BCS bowl since they beat UT head to head.

JasperDog94
12-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Texas outscored OU 15-7 in the "FOURTH" quater to win by "10". Either your out of your mind or the reason that Snyder is not playing in December, or BOTH!

Your wearing blinders man, and I'm not an OU fan, but there was no correct solution in this situation and the system sucks. But you need to take of the burnt orange glasses your wearing be realistic. While I don't think that Texas thrashed OU, they did beat them. If it is a decision between two schools and they played head to head, how in the world do you not send the school that won?

That would be like saying WOS should continue in the playoffs even though Gilmer beat them. It makes no sense.

Black_Magic
12-01-2008, 12:17 PM

Your wearing blinders man, and I'm not an OU fan, but there was no correct solution in this situation and the system sucks. But you need to take of the burnt orange glasses your wearing be realistic. TEXAS blew OUs doors off late in the 3rd and in the 4th. As I remember it OU scored the 7 in the 4th to make it atleast a game that was not humiliating. OU LOST TO TEXAS BY 10.. BOTTOM LINE..... Head to head Texas spanked them. BCS must do math like Wylie enrolment #s or someting. just does not seem to add up....

NastySlot
12-01-2008, 12:18 PM

Your wearing blinders man, and I'm not an OU fan, but there was no correct solution in this situation and the system sucks. But you need to take of the burnt orange glasses your wearing be realistic.

that post you quoted is just so typical....stats were pretty much even....typical texas fan can't even tell you that the game was even and the the true difference was special teams....if i remember right shipley took one back on a kickoff and the horns moved the ball to kick a field goal as time expired in the first half(both took place in the 2nd qtr)...........theres the ten point difference......the horn defense did a great job in the second half.......all the horn fans want bash the sooners about their weak defense but if im right i think they have given up 4 td's on kickoff returns.

Texasfootball2
12-01-2008, 12:39 PM
TEXAS blew OUs doors off late in the 3rd and in the 4th. As I remember it OU scored the 7 in the 4th to make it atleast a game that was not humiliating. OU LOST TO TEXAS BY 10.. BOTTOM LINE..... Head to head Texas spanked them. BCS must do math like Wylie enrolment #s or someting. just does not seem to add up....

No need to remember, re-read my edited post (if your capable) and you'll see that OU scored with 11:42 left in the fourth quater to "LEAD" 35-31. I guess it was at this moment that they started kicking Snot?

It is official though. We all know why Snyder isn't playing football in December. There to busy wandering about Wylie's enrollment #'s and the BCS to concentrate on winning playoff games. Good Luck watching basketball, or keeping the clock for a small fee, or keeping the books, or what ever you do with your time after football. Oh, by the way, if you buy your tickets to the 3A D1 semi finals between Wylie and Prosper at the Wylie athletic office, it will save you a couple of bucks instead of buying them at the gate. And while your there you can go to the attendence clerk and check to see how many we have in school. It is public knowlege afterall.:D

JasperDog94
12-01-2008, 12:48 PM
:hijacktd: :hijacktd:

NastySlot
12-01-2008, 12:55 PM
:hijacktd: :hijacktd:

i still believe texas has a shot at the title game......correct me if im wrong...missouri wins and texas is in................i wouldn't count out missouri in a game played in kansas city....also i believe the underdogs have fared well in title games not played in texas....am i right............texas over nebraska, kansas state over oklahoma and my favorite a&m over kansas state.........i could be wrong but if i were a horn fan i would be hanging on to that one chance....( believe it or not i was a die hard fan growing up....use to watch games with an uncle that went to law school at texas)

RMAC
12-01-2008, 01:03 PM

If only the whole world was as dumb as BM. . .:rolleyes: OU led in the 4th quarter of the game, which I guess you forgot about. Oh, and that "dominant" game involving UT; it happened in Lubbock, not Dallas. You are so quick to forget that. I know you don't like to look at numbers, probably because you can't read or write, but they don't lie. The UT/OU game was as even as could be and UT got dominated by Tech. Again, look at the numbers. I'm sure there's some teachers on here that are good at working with children that would love to help you with it.

Texasfootball2
12-01-2008, 01:06 PM
If only the whole world was as dumb as BM. . .:rolleyes: OU led in the 4th quarter of the game, which I guess you forgot about. Oh, and that "dominant" game involving UT; it happened in Lubbock, not Dallas. You are so quick to forget that. I know you don't like to look at numbers, probably because you can't read or write, but they don't lie. The UT/OU game was as even as could be and UT got dominated by Tech. Again, look at the numbers. I'm sure there's some teachers on here that are good at working with children that would love to help you with it.

Good job RMAC, maybe Black Magic will come back out and play. I think I may have scared him off with some realism. Or, maybe he went off to smoke some more of what ever it is they smoke in Snyder:D

Black_Magic
12-01-2008, 01:34 PM
And while your there you can go to the attendence clerk and check to see how many we have in school. It is public knowlege afterall.:D Oh we all know what it "shows" LOL:clap: must be legit..:rolleyes: You can try to turn this into any kind of pissing match all you want. BOTTOM LINE while I cut though your total BS.... TEXAS BEAT OU 10!!!! 10 !!!!! If you want say they got lucky fine.... what ever.. TEXAS beat them by 10...

NastySlot
12-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Oh we all know what it "shows" LOL:clap: must be legit..:rolleyes: You can try to turn this into any kind of pissing match all you want. BOTTOM LINE while I cut though your total BS.... TEXAS BEAT OU 10!!!! 10 !!!!! If you want say they got lucky fine.... what ever.. TEXAS beat them by 10...

i think you said this"TEXAS beat them head to head and it was not even a close game. TEXAS beat the everloving snot out of OU (UT at Norman) all game long".... i'm not against you but the game was closer then you think.

Texasfootball2
12-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Oh we all know what it "shows" LOL:clap: must be legit..:rolleyes: You can try to turn this into any kind of pissing match all you want. BOTTOM LINE while I cut though your total BS.... TEXAS BEAT OU 10!!!! 10 !!!!! If you want say they got lucky fine.... what ever.. TEXAS beat them by 10...

They did beat them by 10, I'm glad you can read. And Tech beat Texas by 6 "Bottom line as you put it", so maybe Tech should get the other BCS bowl bid?:thinking: Bottom Line.

You really are shollow minded for someone who is suppose to have an education:doh:

Black_Magic
12-01-2008, 01:56 PM
They did beat them by 10, I'm glad you can read. And Tech beat Texas by 6 "Bottom line as you put it", so maybe Tech should get the other BCS bowl bid?:thinking: Bottom Line.

You really are shollow minded for someone who is suppose to have an education:doh: Shallow minded in thinking UT should not drop in ranking one spot after winning, or be passed by a team they beat??? your clearly the shallow minded one. If your talking about who is better, OU or Texas. The only way you decied that is to let them play... So I think they should play... OH wait!!!:doh: they already did play!!!:doh: :clap: :clap: :clap: oh but dont count that ay??

DDBooger
12-01-2008, 01:58 PM
why does tech keep coming up? had they lost to OU by the same amount texas lost to them or OU to Texas or at least within the same margin, I'd see, but 44 pts? lol no, they don't belong in the BCS with the possibility of that happening again away from Lubbock against a good to great team!

bobcat1
12-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Texas Tech 1 loss
Texas 1 loss
Oklahoma 1 loss

Tech beat Texas who beat Oklahoma. If Texas wanted it bad enough they should have beat Tech. But no matter how much they whine, the loss reamins to Tech.

In Texas OU game, OU lost their starting senior MLB and had to insert Box who has steadily improved. He ran around staring like a cow at a new gate in the 2nd half allowing Texas to do what it wanted up the middle. That won't happen now with Box's improvement IMO. OU wins.

DaHop72
12-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Texas Tech 1 loss
Texas 1 loss
Oklahoma 1 loss

Tech beat Texas who beat Oklahoma. If Texas wanted it bad enough they should have beat Tech. But no matter how much they whine, the loss reamins to Tech.

In Texas OU game, OU lost their starting senior MLB and had to insert Box who has steadily improved. He ran around staring like a cow at a new gate in the 2nd half allowing Texas to do what it wanted up the middle. That won't happen now with Box's improvement IMO. OU wins. Good thoughts bobcat, but Box is out now.:doh:

DDBooger
12-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Texas Tech 1 loss
Texas 1 loss
Oklahoma 1 loss
too bad that doesn't equate with the voters who saw OU's margin of victory as reasoning for bumping them over texas and how bad tech lost for dropping them below so many other 1 loss teams.

Tech beat Texas who beat Oklahoma. If Texas wanted it bad enough they should have beat Tech. But no matter how much they whine, the loss reamins to Tech. same could be said for OU vs Texas

In Texas OU game, OU lost their starting senior MLB and had to insert Box who has steadily improved. He ran around staring like a cow at a new gate in the 2nd half allowing Texas to do what it wanted up the middle. That won't happen now with Box's improvement IMO. OU wins. injuries part of the game. OU defense has improved since then? lol:thinking:

bobcat1
12-01-2008, 02:55 PM
OU defense has improved since then? lol:thinking:

By your own admission. They held Tech to a season low. Something Texas could not do.

Dang Hop, I didn't realize that.

DDBooger
12-01-2008, 03:00 PM
By your own admission. They held Tech to a season low. Something Texas could not do.

Dang Hop, I didn't realize that. yet gave up 41(?) to a team Tech stomped!? and more points to A&M? :thinking: seems like Tech just fell apart out of Lubbock against a hostile atmosphere and a pretty good team.

DDBooger
12-01-2008, 03:02 PM
bah, who cares, it's over with. Next week should feature some good games. :) won't be surprised if there are still some shakeups to come.

bobcat1
12-01-2008, 04:05 PM
bah, who cares, it's over with. Next week should feature some good games. :) won't be surprised if there are still some shakeups to come. There is no doubt about that. These are still very young men playing this game and idiots running the rankings. :p

DDBooger
12-01-2008, 04:12 PM
There is no doubt about that. These are still very young men playing this game and idiots running the rankings. :p
anyone else think that Florida vs Alabama has the makings for a classic? If 'Bama loses a close tough ball game, how far do they fall?

Will Charlie Weis be fired?

Does Monte Kiffen go to Tennessee to assist his son?:thinking: (weird).

USC vs Penn St...good game for the Rose?

If OU wins out, who does Texas get? Alabama? non-bcs(Boise or Utah)?

will we have split national champions if the team who wins the BCS is not undefeated?

so many questions Phil must be going crazy!!! but I hear there is a band in Port Isabel that cheers him up...refresh our memory Phil!:D

Snydertigersrul
12-01-2008, 04:59 PM
TEXAS blew OUs doors off late in the 3rd and in the 4th. As I remember it OU scored the 7 in the 4th to make it atleast a game that was not humiliating. OU LOST TO TEXAS BY 10.. BOTTOM LINE..... Head to head Texas spanked them. BCS must do math like Wylie enrolment #s or someting. just does not seem to add up....

I heard from a little birdie that the same person who compiles Wylie's "3A" enrollment number is the same one who "fixed" the BCS formula to favor the Sooners, who were BEATEN and handily. A late touchdown made the score look closer than it really was.

XtremeCouture
12-01-2008, 05:03 PM
i can see a split championship if the bcs title game is between florida and OU, and texas plays alabama. if texas wins, then i dont think u can give florida the AP title and definitely cant give it to OU if they win.

nfury900
12-01-2008, 05:17 PM
thats rong leavin texas out like that we beat ou and missouri:confused: :mad:

nobogey72
12-01-2008, 05:50 PM
I seriously doubt that they would have two losses. The SEC is just as competitive as the Big 12 especially since the Big 12 North is just average. The SEC is strong in both East and West divisions, Even Vanderbilt was good enough to beat you this year if you didn't bring your "A" game with you. Alabama deserves to be unanimous #1 until someone beats them.

Just because you have a "bootlegin'" uncle or cousin in Alabama. Man, just when you think you know somebody.....:D Runnin' down the big12 in favor of the SEC. I've got an aunt that lives in Indiana, but you won't catch me rootin' for Notre Dame.:D

nobogey72
12-01-2008, 06:03 PM

Give it up TF2. Like "H" says, "Let's don't get into a pissing contest with people that practice it 24 hrs a day. We won't win.":rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OldBison75
12-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Well the computers have spoken and as usual, they are full of pooh-pooh. Lets just look at the whole season for example:

Oklahoma has played 12 games and the won-lost record of their opponents is a whopping 78 wins and 62 losses.

Texas has played 12 games and the opponent won-lost record is 82 wins and 56 losses.

How in the hell does that come out to Oklahoma have a tougher schedule rating in the computer?

My guess is that the computer did not measure overall won loss records, but has a built-in number for any team that falls below number 40 and regardles of their record, they get rated as equals. No other reasonable explanation for the Longhorns playing a tougher schedule and being rated lower.

DDBooger
12-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Well the computers have spoken and as usual, they are full of pooh-pooh. Lets just look at the whole season for example:

Oklahoma has played 12 games and the won-lost record of their opponents is a whopping 78 wins and 62 losses.

Texas has played 12 games and the opponent won-lost record is 82 wins and 56 losses.

How in the hell does that come out to Oklahoma have a tougher schedule rating in the computer?

My guess is that the computer did not measure overall won loss records, but has a built-in number for any team that falls below number 40 and regardles of their record, they get rated as equals. No other reasonable explanation for the Longhorns playing a tougher schedule and being rated lower. they lost later and played the tougher teams too early! sux!:rolleyes:

WylieBulldog92
12-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
I heard from a little birdie that the same person who compiles Wylie's "3A" enrollment number is the same one who "fixed" the BCS formula to favor the Sooners, who were BEATEN and handily. A late touchdown made the score look closer than it really was.
This from the same little birdie who said Snyder was better than Wylie and said their playoff run would end last weekend....:rolleyes: I will preach to those not to respond to STR until he makes some kind of reasonable statement, or a near truthful one.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Just because you have a "bootlegin'" uncle or cousin in Alabama. Man, just when you think you know somebody.....:D Runnin' down the big12 in favor of the SEC. I've got an aunt that lives in Indiana, but you won't catch me rootin' for Notre Dame.:D

Of course not! I see you more as a 'Hoosier' Guy....:D

JasperDog94
12-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Texas Tech 1 loss
Texas 1 loss
Oklahoma 1 loss

In Texas OU game, OU lost their starting senior MLB and had to insert Box who has steadily improved. He ran around staring like a cow at a new gate in the 2nd half allowing Texas to do what it wanted up the middle. That won't happen now with Box's improvement IMO. OU wins. Funny that you mention injuries about Texas' win against OU but fail to mention Texas' injuries in the loss to Tech.:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

JasperDog94
12-01-2008, 07:20 PM
they lost later and played the tougher teams too early! sux!:rolleyes: The computer doesn't care when you play a team...unlike human voters.

JasperDog94
12-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
i can see a split championship if the bcs title game is between florida and OU, and texas plays alabama. if texas wins, then i dont think u can give florida the AP title and definitely cant give it to OU if they win. If Texas wins their bowl game and OU wins the championship game, I could very well see a split national champion.

Gobbla2001
12-01-2008, 07:22 PM
The computer doesn't care when you play a team...unlike human voters.

IT looks to me like the human voters helped Texas stay this close to OK in the BCS... or am I missing something?

JasperDog94
12-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
IT looks to me like the human voters helped Texas stay this close to OK in the BCS... or am I missing something? You're correct. Texas picked up a bunch of votes in the coaches poll...just not enough.

BTW - Love the new sig!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
12-01-2008, 07:25 PM
You're correct. Texas picked up a bunch of votes in the coaches poll...just not enough.

BTW - Love the new sig!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yah, I kept telling folks the humans would come 'round...

I love my new sig also :D

WylieBulldog92
12-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Yah, I kept telling folks the humans would come 'round...

I love my new sig also :D
I agree I thought it was very funny and creative.

sweetwater07
12-01-2008, 07:59 PM
if it's Florida, OK will be humiliated. No defense and Florida is good enough to limit OU's scoring.

and texas wont??
ou is playing much better ball right now than texas, yeah they lost 45-35 in a heads up contest but that was weeks ago, ou has put up 60 points in the last four games, not to mention knocking off the #2 and #13 team in the country by 20 plus points, can we say the same about UT??....NO...ou deserves they're spot, but regardless florida is going to donkey punch ou or texas....

bobcat1
12-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
and texas wont??
ou is playing much better ball right now than texas, yeah they lost 45-35 in a heads up contest but that was weeks ago, ou has put up 60 points in the last four games, not to mention knocking off the #2 and #13 team in the country by 20 plus points, can we say the same about UT??....NO...ou deserves they're spot, but regardless florida is going to donkey punch ou or texas.... :ditto: :iagree: :2thumbsup

bobcat1
12-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Funny that you mention injuries about Texas' win against OU but fail to mention Texas' injuries in the loss to Tech.:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Why would I? I don't like them. :doh: :hand:

DDBooger
12-01-2008, 08:16 PM
and texas wont??
ou is playing much better ball right now than texas of course they are, they're playing the teams Texas beat later in the season, so it looks that way

yeah they lost 45-35 in a heads up contest but that was weeks ago again, why play the whole season if we are only looking at the last few weeks, shouldn't it be the body of work?

ou has put up 60 points in the last four games
and how many have they gave up?

not to mention knocking off the #2 and #13 team in the country what rank was ou, osu and mizzou when Texas beat them?

by 20 plus points, can we say the same about UT??....NO how many points have they given up? can we say the same for UT? I think not! aside from holding Tech to 21, Texas defense is much better.

...ou deserves they're spot, but regardless florida is going to donkey punch ou or texas.... entirely subjective, just as my opinion was ;)

handNthedirt
12-01-2008, 08:29 PM
on the upside, bonghorns, y'all only had a couple players arrested this season...there's something y'all can brag about at least.

DDBooger
12-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
on the upside, bonghorns, y'all only had a couple players arrested this season...there's something y'all can brag about at least. that and not going to the cotton bowl or holiday bowl this season, what 10-1 team is? :D
haha gotta be a classy guy to point out arrests. But you know they had to be down this year, haven't heard from g$$ :thinking:

handNthedirt
12-01-2008, 08:43 PM
in the words of jim carrey's character in Liar Liar...."stop breakin the law, a**hole!!!"

DDBooger
12-01-2008, 08:45 PM
in the words of jim carrey's character in Liar Liar...."stop breakin the law, a**hole!!!"
and in the words of Brodie from Mallrats, " i can explain myself monosyllabically enough for you to understand!" :D :p

bobcat1
12-01-2008, 08:48 PM
handinthedirt dude. Are you breakin' the law with the Longhorns nickname due to felonious arrests and the looks like cursing? Just askin':thinking:

handNthedirt
12-01-2008, 08:48 PM
mallrats? Ha!!! I'm now havin visions of stoners and mouth breathers.

DDBooger
12-01-2008, 08:51 PM
mallrats? Ha!!! I'm now havin visions of stoners and mouth breathers. having visions? shroomer? ;) haha

handNthedirt
12-01-2008, 08:52 PM
handinthedirt dude. Are you breakin' the law with the Longhorns nickname due to felonious arrests and the looks like cursing? Just askin':thinking:

yes i am...drugs, firearms, alcohol while driving to name a few.

racism in the last couple weeks to boot...but that;s merely a moralistic issue.

sinton66
12-01-2008, 08:58 PM
If Oklahoma wins, Texas will play Ohio State or so the news said at 6:00., and I think they said Fiesta Bowl.

Emerson1
12-01-2008, 09:05 PM
The Fiesta bowl gets its choice of Utah and Ohio State. CFN says it will likely be Utah because their fans will not travel as well to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl

NastySlot
12-01-2008, 09:16 PM
the san antonio express news projections:

Staff writer Mike Finger projects the matchups in games tied to the Bowl Championship Series, the Big 12 and the Big Ten.

BCS TITLE GAME: Oklahoma (BCS auto.) vs. Florida (BCS auto.)

FIESTA: Texas (BCS at-large) vs. Ohio State (BCS at-large)

SUGAR: Alabama (BCS at-large) vs. Utah (BCS at-large)

ORANGE: Boston College (BCS auto.) vs. Cincinnati (BCS auto.)

ROSE: Southern California (BCS auto.) vs. Penn State (BCS auto.)

COTTON: Texas Tech (Big 12) vs. Mississippi (SEC)

HOLIDAY: Missouri (Big 12) vs. Oregon (Pac-10)

CAPITAL ONE: Michigan State (Big Ten) vs. Georgia (SEC)

OUTBACK: Iowa (Big Ten) vs. South Carolina (SEC)

GATOR: Nebraska (Big 12) vs. Georgia Tech (ACC)

ALAMO: Oklahoma State (Big 12) vs. Northwestern (Big Ten)

After the five BCS bowls are filled with the six BCS conference champions and four at-large teams, the Valero Alamo Bowl gets the third remaining selection from the Big 12 and the third remaining selection from the Big Ten. The Gator Bowl has the option of moving ahead to pick a team from either of those conferences, or taking Notre Dame.

DDBooger
12-01-2008, 09:19 PM
the san antonio express news projections:

Staff writer Mike Finger projects the matchups in games tied to the Bowl Championship Series, the Big 12 and the Big Ten.

BCS TITLE GAME: Oklahoma (BCS auto.) vs. Florida (BCS auto.)

FIESTA: Texas (BCS at-large) vs. Ohio State (BCS at-large)

SUGAR: Alabama (BCS at-large) vs. Utah (BCS at-large)

ORANGE: Boston College (BCS auto.) vs. Cincinnati (BCS auto.)

ROSE: Southern California (BCS auto.) vs. Penn State (BCS auto.)

COTTON: Texas Tech (Big 12) vs. Mississippi (SEC)

HOLIDAY: Missouri (Big 12) vs. Oregon (Pac-10)

CAPITAL ONE: Michigan State (Big Ten) vs. Georgia (SEC)

OUTBACK: Iowa (Big Ten) vs. South Carolina (SEC)

GATOR: Nebraska (Big 12) vs. Georgia Tech (ACC)

ALAMO: Oklahoma State (Big 12) vs. Northwestern (Big Ten)

After the five BCS bowls are filled with the six BCS conference champions and four at-large teams, the Valero Alamo Bowl gets the third remaining selection from the Big 12 and the third remaining selection from the Big Ten. The Gator Bowl has the option of moving ahead to pick a team from either of those conferences, or taking Notre Dame.
wow, no Boise St any where there?

NastySlot
12-01-2008, 09:22 PM
wow, no Boise St any where there?

i think these are just big xii and bcs tie ins.....hey wouldn't it be great if the fiesta chose utah and boise state and after the bcs championship (if alabama were to lose along the way)...the winner of utah/boise state was the only undefeated team left and the human polls gave them the championship.....fiesta bowl could make a lot of money for the phoenix area with those to teams.

Texasfootball2
12-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul

They must sell a lot of burnt orange glasses in Snyder. Either that or your smoking the same thing Black Magic smokes.

Are you refering to the fourth quater TD that gave OU a 35-31 lead with 11:42 remaining in the game as the Touchdown that made it look better or were you watching another game by mistake. Trash touchdowns usually happen in the last minute or two of a game that you are down two or more scores to make the score look closer. Scoring in the fourth quater to take the lead is not a "late" trash TD.

Black_Magic
12-02-2008, 12:35 PM
They must sell a lot of burnt orange glasses in Snyder. Either that or your smoking the same thing Black Magic smokes.

Are you refering to the fourth quater TD that gave OU a 35-31 lead with 11:42 remaining in the game as the Touchdown that made it look better or were you watching another game by mistake. Trash touchdowns usually happen in the last minute or two of a game that you are down two or more scores to make the score look closer. Scoring in the fourth quater to take the lead is not a "late" trash TD. OU LOST TO TEXAS ... LOST to them the only time they played this year. Call it what ever you want. They got beat by them. say it was close.. I Dont really care. OU LOST TO TEXAS.... you cant justify puting OU ahead of Texas I dont care what you want to say. By the way. You wylie folks. I looks like you dont mind taking a shot at Snyder or Bwood folks or who ever but when someone mentions or fires back with a remark about Wylies #s then you cry about it . Your the wylie poster who wanted to make it out to be something other than a UT OU deal. SO, lets not put the cart before the horse.....

Texasfootball2
All-State

Member #: 6689

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TEXAS could do better. They did beat OU by 10.... IF texas is not in the BCS chanpionship game and OU is they it will TOTALY lose all credibility. TEXAS beat them head to head and it was not even a close game. TEXAS beat the everloving snot out of OU (UT at Norman) all game long..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DDBooger
12-02-2008, 12:41 PM

Are you refering to the fourth quater TD that gave OU a 35-31 lead with 11:42 remaining in the game as the Touchdown that made it look better or were you watching another game by mistake. Trash touchdowns usually happen in the last minute or two of a game that you are down two or more scores to make the score look closer. Scoring in the fourth quater to take the lead is not a "late" trash TD. sounds like your smoking one of those joints from Oklahoma, you know, they roll em wrong!
:smoker: :doh: :D

Texasfootball2
12-02-2008, 12:48 PM
sounds like your smoking one of those joints from Oklahoma, you know, they roll em wrong!
:smoker: :doh: :D

No, actually I'm a Horns fan. Can't stand OU personally but it drives must nuts when people want to hammer on things that are obviously not true and this isn't something that is subjective. Yes, UT won head to head, but they didn't beat the snot out of OU as some want us to believe, nor did they whip them handily. I wasn't pleased either to see them jump UT in the BCS standings either, but I can see why a computer would ranked them their, and some of the posters on here are blind and way over bias. It's one thing to be a Fan (which is short for Fantatic) a support your team, but seeing things from only one side is rediculus. An besides, it's Black Magic and his girl Snydertigergirl, so it makes it that much more fun.

:D

DDBooger
12-02-2008, 12:55 PM
No, actually I'm a Horns fan. Can't stand OU personally but it drives must nuts when people want to hammer on things that are obviously not true and this isn't something that is subjective. Yes, UT won head to head, but they didn't beat the snot out of OU as some want us to believe, nor did they whip them handily. I wasn't pleased either to see them jump UT in the BCS standings either, but I can see why a computer would ranked them their, and some of the posters on here are blind and way over bias. It's one thing to be a Fan (which is short for Fantatic) a support your team, but seeing things from only one side is rediculus. An besides, it's Black Magic and his girl Snydertigergirl, so it makes it that much more fun.

:D man i understood that, i just wanted to say that :) I think UT fans should just be patient, things may turn out for the best. If anyone other than Alabama wins the BCS, still a chance at a split national champion.

Texasfootball2
12-02-2008, 01:00 PM
man i understood that, i just wanted to say that :) I think UT fans should just be patient, things may turn out for the best. If anyone other than Alabama wins the BCS, still a chance at a split national champion.

Very possible, I hope they don't get matched up with Utah in the Fiesta bowl. Not real sure that a win over Utah would garner voters attention, even though their undefeated. I hope they play Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl. A convincing win over Ohio St. (just becasue of the name) might get them some votes if everyone has one loss.

I must confess though, that I have been an Alabama fan my whole life and now that Tech is out of the picture I have to pull hard for the Tide. If Alabama loses, I think the best bowl matchup would be Alabama/Texas in the Sugar bowl. The winner of this game could have a chance at a split championship.

cshscougar08
12-02-2008, 01:04 PM
If Texas wins their bowl game and OU wins the championship game, I could very well see a split national champion.

Split championship? Are you serious? Let's think about this. Texas is in front of OU by 8 points in the AP poll this week. Texas sits in Austin on Saturday while OU goes and plays Mizzou. Unless people are utter morons, which is possible, OU will jump back up with a win. And after that, what's done is done. OU will have won their conference and deserved to be in the national championship game. End of story. There won't be any controversy as to who should be in the NATIONAL championship game. It won't be about the Big 12 anymore. Split won't happen. If it does, then the media is more in Texas' jock than I thought they were.

DDBooger
12-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Split championship? Are you serious? Let's think about this. Texas is in front of OU by 8 points in the AP poll this week. Texas sits in Austin on Saturday while OU goes and plays Mizzou. Unless people are utter morons, which is possible, OU will jump back up with a win. And after that, what's done is done. OU will have won their conference and deserved to be in the national championship game. End of story. There won't be any controversy as to who should be in the NATIONAL championship game. It won't be about the Big 12 anymore. Split won't happen. If it does, then the media is more in Texas' jock than I thought they were. said through the eyes of a sooner! lmao no controversy? NONE? UT beat mizzou, UT beat OU. Even if OU beats Mizzou, why wouldn't voters consider the fact that UT did also? Sorry partner, if both teams end up with 1 loss at the end of the season, their will be controversy, I'm not a UT fan any more than I'm a Aggie fan, but lets be real here, OU backed in to the championship game based on a tie breaking system, not on heads up with UT. Controversy will follow OU despite a victory, Unless Alabama wins it all, their will be speculation as to who is the REAL national champion, don't for one second think the AP will automatically award the BCS to any one team with 1 loss that the BCS declares the winner.

cshscougar08
12-02-2008, 01:19 PM
said through the eyes of a sooner! lmao no controversy? NONE? UT beat mizzou, UT beat OU. Even if OU beats Mizzou, why wouldn't voters consider the fact that UT did also? Sorry partner, if both teams end up with 1 loss at the end of the season, their will be controversy, I'm not a UT fan any more than I'm a Aggie fan, but lets be real here, OU backed in to the championship game based on a tie breaking system, not on heads up with UT. Controversy will follow OU despite a victory, Unless Alabama wins it all, their will be speculation as to who is the REAL national champion, don't for one second think the AP will automatically award the BCS to any one team with 1 loss that the BCS declares the winner.

Well what I meant was, that if you SOLELY look at the conference championships and WHO PLAYED IN THEM, then there won't be any question of who should be in it. Oh I know that people are going to continue to whine and moan that Texas should be there and such.

DDBooger
12-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Oh I know that people are going to continue to whine and moan that Texas should be there and such. It will be more than just Texas fans, sport analysts, sport writers etc will also bring up the issue for a variety of reasons. Not the least of which to bring the BCS system down by pointing out its glaring issues. oh, and I'm sure Oklahoma would stand by and be quiet had they not been chosen! ;) :rolleyes: all hell would have broke loose in Norman and any where land thieves are nestled:D lmao j/k ;)

Gobbla2001
12-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Oh I know that people are going to continue to whine and moan that Texas should be there and such.

damn right we are, because we make sense and this doesn't... atleast we don't have to see Bob Stoops whine and moan anymore...

oh, and by the way, you guys have the thread title wrong for the Cuero game this week... they're playing Navasota... despite losing to Waco LV, Navasota was ranked higher at the end of the year...

Hook 'Em Tigers!!!

Gobbla2001
12-02-2008, 01:38 PM
It will be more than just Texas fans, sport analysts, sport writers etc will also bring up the issue for a variety of reasons.

already has happened... PTI guys: "Texas got hosed"... Jim Rome: "Texas got hosed"... Around the Horn guys (minus Woody Paige): "Texas got hosed"... this has exposed the system for what it is, messed up...

no longer can the BCS folk say "The regular season is the playoffs", because it isn't, this is now how playoffs work...

I know this all could have been avoided had the Big 12 gone into the year with a better tie-breaking system, but this is still the BCS's problem because this could have easily effected the national championship picture DIRECTLY had it been presented with a different scenerio...

Say the teams suffered their losses early in confrence play... same teams lost to the same teams except for Tech not losing by 987,234 points... going into this week the rankings could look like this:

1.Bama
2.Texas Tech
3.Florida
4.Oklahoma
5.Texas

Obviously Tech goes to the confrence championship, maybe the same controversy as there is with UT/OU right now... but Tech never jumped OU, OU lost to UT more recently so they were knocked back...

BUT, the previous rankings had Texas ahead of OU and OU jumped them... weird seeing how Texas defeated Oklahoma, but oh well, Tech will end up winning the confrence championship and going anyway, right?

Well, Mizzou beats Tech in the confrence championship and Bama beats Fla in the sec championship... now you have

1. Bama
2. OU

this would directly impact the national championship game...

that's where it's screwed up, because an even more deserving team with the same record and a head to head win over OU was jumped...

So yes, the Big 12's tie-breaking policy is what directly screwed this up, but you see where everyone else's interest is spurred by it because it could easily and directly screw-up a national championship picture... a computer should never do that...

Gobbla2001
12-02-2008, 01:56 PM
this is what it all boils down to, kids...

Texas should be there... you cannot give us any reason why they shouldn't be except for the fact that Oklahoma looks like the hottest team in the country right now... well, they did before playing Texas too, which is why OU was #1 back then and Texas was further back in the human polls... but we saw what happened...

we know, we're whining, we're crying, we're red-hot mad and want some damn heads... but you would be too, and you guys would be doing the sammmme thing if it were you...

now me, I'm an honest man, had OU beaten UT head to head this year and UT jumped OU the last minute, I'd admit that it's screwed up and not the right thing... I'd still take the offer to the championship, but still, I call spades spades...

cshscougar08
12-02-2008, 01:57 PM
oh, and I'm sure Oklahoma would stand by and be quiet had they not been chosen! ;) :rolleyes: all hell would have broke loose in Norman and any where land thieves are nestled:D lmao j/k ;)

Never saw my first post on this I guess. I admitted that I would probably be complaining too.

To Gobbla: Nowhere did I say that Texas was undeserving. I feel that this whole scenario sucks as well. We just happened to benefit from it.

Jim Rome? He sucks totally. A third grader could talk about things better than him.

Bob Stoops whine? Might I remind you that Stoops declined an interview during the UT A&M game on Thursday. Mack sure as heck didn't turn that down.

Gobbla2001
12-02-2008, 02:01 PM

Jim Rome? He sucks totally. A third grader could talk about things better than him.

Bob Stoops whine?

I didn't say Rome was anything special though I enjoy his show.... I'm just saying it has drawn national interest and the majority of those talking about it believe the system screwed things up for Texas...

And Bob Stoops wasn't crying or anything, but he was whining about how his team should get in all last week...

And I'da taken the interview so I could whine some more if I were him... might not be right, but you gotta have your own back sometimes...

Gobbla2001
12-02-2008, 02:02 PM
and honestly I really wasn't addressing you in that reply anyway... I was replying to booger...

cshscougar08
12-02-2008, 02:03 PM

Texas should be there... you cannot give us any reason why they shouldn't be except for the fact that Oklahoma looks like the hottest team in the country right now... well, they did before playing Texas too, which is why OU was #1 back then and Texas was further back in the human polls... but we saw what happened...

now me, I'm an honest man, had OU beaten UT head to head this year and UT jumped OU the last minute, I'd admit that it's screwed up and not the right thing... I'd still take the offer to the championship, but still, I call spades spades...

Shoot, I'll be honest right now and say the system sucks and it's sad that a quality team like Texas had to get left at home because of some inanimate objects. I agree that Texas is every bit as deserving as us to be playing Mizzou on Saturday. Unfortunately, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Just gotta move on.

Black_Magic
12-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Shoot, I'll be honest right now and say the system sucks and it's sad that a quality team like Texas had to get left at home because of some inanimate objects. I agree that Texas is every bit as deserving as us to be playing Mizzou on Saturday. Unfortunately, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Just gotta move on. EVEN OU folks can see that its screwed up. Needs fixing and not next year. These seniors cant wait till next season to fix it.

cshscougar08
12-02-2008, 02:56 PM
EVEN OU folks can see that its screwed up. Needs fixing and not next year. These seniors cant wait till next season to fix it.

Yes we see it too. If anyone honestly thinks this works and is fair and objective, they are high on something.

JasperDog94
12-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Split championship? Are you serious? Let's think about this. Texas is in front of OU by 8 points in the AP poll this week. Texas sits in Austin on Saturday while OU goes and plays Mizzou. Unless people are utter morons, which is possible, OU will jump back up with a win. And after that, what's done is done. OU will have won their conference and deserved to be in the national championship game. End of story. There won't be any controversy as to who should be in the NATIONAL championship game. It won't be about the Big 12 anymore. Split won't happen. If it does, then the media is more in Texas' jock than I thought they were. I'm as serious as a heart attack. If OU wins the NC game and Texas wins their bowl game, Texas will get some votes for National Champions. After all, they did beat OU head to head. Some voters will take into consideration the screwed up way the tie breaker was in the Big XII and vote Texas number 1. It may not be enough to create a split championship, but it will be enough to put a scare into OU.

Hide and watch.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-02-2008, 05:47 PM
on the upside, bonghorns, y'all only had a couple players arrested this season...there's something y'all can brag about at least.

Who got arrested this year?

And the racism guy was kicked off the team immediately, so how does that reflect the team, other than a no tolerance to that kinda crap?

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2008, 07:32 PM
While I don't think that Texas thrashed OU, they did beat them. If it is a decision between two schools and they played head to head, how in the world do you not send the school that won?

That would be like saying WOS should continue in the playoffs even though Gilmer beat them. It makes no sense.
But it's NOT a decision between two schools! How do some of you keep forgetting that? :doh: :doh:

Gobbla2001
12-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
But it's NOT a decision between two schools! How do some of you keep forgetting that? :doh: :doh:

we're not saying that's how it is, we're saying that's how it should be... we're saying the BCS sucks...

LEAVE US ALONE!!!

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2008, 07:48 PM
we're not saying that's how it is, we're saying that's how it should be... we're saying the BCS sucks...

LEAVE US ALONE!!!
LOL! Well, if your team had taken care of business that one week, NONE of us would be having this discussion. Stop leaving us out of it. :p

Txbroadcaster
12-02-2008, 07:48 PM

Actually it was..once it came down to the 5th tie breaker BCS ranking dtermined it..TTech was not going to be close in that one so it DID fall to OU vs Texas

in EVERY other major conference Texas would have advanced on the tie breaker

Gobbla2001
12-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Actually it was..once it came down to the 5th tie breaker BCS ranking dtermined it..TTech was not going to be close in that one so it DID fall to OU vs Texas

The Big 10's tiebreaker is different from anything I've ever seen...

before any head to head it goes to which team played more Division 1A schools... UT would have advanced there as well

Sincerely,
U Tennessee Chatanooga or however you spell it

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I understand all that! Have these same tie breaker rules been in place since the Big XII started? And this is the first time it's been a problem! Like I said yesterday on another thread, win and there's backdoor to depend on.

Gobbla2001
12-02-2008, 07:56 PM
LOL! Well, if your team had taken care of business that one week, NONE of us would be having this discussion. Stop leaving us out of it. :p

nobody's leaving you guys out of it... you guys lose by 100 fair and square :p

nah, this'll all be fixed next year and hopefully this gets us pro-playoff folks a tad closer to realizing the dream...

I'm almost happy this has happened, I believe it has to take a team of Texas' caliber (on the field and in the media) getting screwed to get things to rolling...

To continue with the BCS but get off of Texas/OU for a minute, I'm thinking this weekend's SEC Championship may help get it rolling as well...

I will guarantee you this will be one of the if not THE most highly-rated confrence championship game EVER... Normally I'd just watch OU/Mizzou or something, but if I had the chance this year it'd be Bama/Florida... reason why is because it's a playoff game... it's the semi's...

Necks_Fan
12-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Gobbla.... Nice sig.

cshscougar08
12-02-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm almost happy this has happened, I believe it has to take a team of Texas' caliber (on the field and in the media) getting screwed to get things to rolling...

An undefeated Auburn team not making it in the national championship in 2005 didn't do anything. I sure don't think this will have more of an impact.

Gobbla2001
12-02-2008, 08:06 PM
An undefeated Auburn team not making it in the national championship in 2005 didn't do anything. I sure don't think this will have more of an impact.

That's an apple while this year is an orange...

Auburn didn't beat either team that made it...

HOWEVER, that game DID help gather supporters of a playoff... so it will help in the long-run... if we ever get it straight...

Simple Man
12-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Mack Brown can whine all he wants, Oklahoma wins the next two games and they are BCS champions. If Texas gets the AP championship so be it. There were three teams in this tiebreaker not two. Texas fans seem to have trouble comprehending.

DDBooger
12-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Simple Man
Mack Brown can whine all he wants, Oklahoma wins the next two games and they are BCS champions. If Texas gets the AP championship so be it. There were three teams in this tiebreaker not two. Texas fans seem to have trouble comprehending. yeah but only one got the crap kicked out of em

sinton66
12-02-2008, 10:05 PM
I understand all that! Have these same tie breaker rules been in place since the Big XII started? And this is the first time it's been a problem! Like I said yesterday on another thread, win and there's backdoor to depend on.

I believe this is the first time there was a three way tie. Yes, the rules have been in effect since the Big 12 was formed, but that doesn't mean they can't come up with something better. My only complaint is that the BCS crap shouldn't have anything to do with in-conference results. Polls don't mean squat.

If the present system doesn't change, the only thing I could suggest to Mack Brown is to switch the scheduling between A&M and Oklahoma. If you beat Oklahoma in the final week, no way they jump anybody.

HM33
12-02-2008, 10:13 PM
GO SOONERS GO!!!!!!

:inlove:

JasperDog94
12-02-2008, 11:00 PM
I was listening to a sports radio station earlier today and one of the guys mentioned that one of the computer polls actually gives more weight to winning in November than it does in September and October. I've never heard this before. If this is true then that is total garbage.

sinton66
12-02-2008, 11:06 PM
FULL DISCLOSURE, we demand FULL DISCLOSURE!!!!:D

Red&White_9x5
12-03-2008, 09:45 AM

we know, we're whining, we're crying, we're red-hot mad and want some damn heads... but you would be too, and you guys would be doing the sammmme thing if it were you...

This is the number one problem I have right now. Both OU and Techies keep telling us to quit crying, whinning, whatever else because they are not the one's that got screwed. Tech is sitting down in the 7th spot and has no room to grip after getting blown out by 44 points. OU fans are acting like there is big difference between them and Texas and that the outcome of this fiasco is justified. BUT..... If OU would have beat us and we jumped them by a slip margin to get into the Big12 championship game I GUARANTEE that they would be doing the same thing. Let's all just be honest no matter who your team is and say that this was not right or fair in any way. I know it can't be fixed now, but hopefully this causes the Big12 to examine it and fix it for the future

NastySlot
12-03-2008, 09:49 AM
I was listening to a sports radio station earlier today and one of the guys mentioned that one of the computer polls actually gives more weight to winning in November than it does in September and October. I've never heard this before. If this is true then that is total garbage.

i read that yesterday....i think in was actually in the kerrville daily times.

so no matter what there is a human element in the computer system also. i think the more points awarded late was based on how human voters tended to vote as the year went on ...i think it was a formula for the AP poll.