PDA

View Full Version : Region I GotW: Battle of the Undefeateds: Bridgeport vs Liberty Hill

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

BullsFan
11-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Next Saturday, 7:30 pm, Floyd Casey in Waco.

Start making your travel plans now. :)

Hill Man
11-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan

Home field advantage LH...:clap:

Necks_Fan
11-29-2008, 10:45 PM
I wonder how far Floyd Casey is from my house.

This game in Waco, Carthage/Gilmer in the Woodlands (BY FAR the closet game to my house), or Cuero/LaVega in RR???

I wonder where to go.

44INAROW
11-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

This game in Waco, Carthage/Gilmer in the Woodlands (BY FAR the closet game to my house), or Cuero/LaVega in RR???

I wonder where to go.

come to the Cuero/ La Vega game - :)

Necks_Fan
11-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
come to the Cuero/ La Vega game - :) I would have to get me a kellye(Or however you spell it) green shirt! ;) :D

eagles_victory
11-29-2008, 10:57 PM

I wonder where to go. Carthage and Gilmer is in Nacogdoches( 20 minutes from Lufkin) so not much farther than you came today maybe a little closer not sure as to where you are coming from.

44INAROW
11-29-2008, 11:25 PM
I would have to get me a kellye(Or however you spell it) green shirt! ;) :D
that is totally "doable"

shamu85
11-29-2008, 11:27 PM
come to the Cuero/ La Vega game - :)

Is it Friday? If so, I'll be at that one for sure.

Necks_Fan
11-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Yea. My bad. Is it the Giddings/Bellville game in the Woodlands?

Nacodoches is about 20 miles futher for me. I already drove 3 hours to this one. :doh:

44INAROW
11-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
Is it Friday? If so, I'll be at that one for sure.
I've heard Cuero vs La Vega is Saturday in Round Rock......

Originally posted by BullsFan

Good Luck Panthers ;)

shamu85
11-29-2008, 11:31 PM
I've heard Cuero vs La Vega is Saturday in Round Rock......

Good Luck Panthers ;)

Cove vs Klein Oak is at the Palace next weekend, too. Not sure when though. Hopefully, one of them is Friday night.

shamu85
11-29-2008, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
Cove vs Klein Oak is at the Palace next weekend, too. Not sure when though. Hopefully, one of them is Friday night.

Well, never mind about Cove-KO. I hear now they are playing in Corsicana Friday.

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 09:46 AM
And so it begins.......

The reigning 3A king vs a young contender.
Thunder vs Lightning
Slot-T vs The Spread
Deception vs Variety
Clock control vs quick-tempo
Pouncing Panthers vs Killer B's

Super_R
11-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Some of us have been looking forward to this game for a few reasons.
1. It would be for the Region 1 Championship.
2. It would be a matchup between 2 good football teams.
3. Both are undefeated and that makes from some good football.

Come on
11-30-2008, 10:09 AM
I guess

Super_R
11-30-2008, 10:11 AM
With all the talk between our 2 towns I'm surprised that there wasn't a poll started about 3 weeks ago. Well it's here now!

Will the Bulls D be able to stop the rushing attack of the Panthers O. Will the Panther D be able to stop the balanced attack of the Bulls O. Only time will tell.

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Super_R
With all the talk between our 2 towns I'm surprised that there wasn't a poll started about 3 weeks ago. Well it's here now!

Will the Bulls D be able to stop the rushing attack of the Panthers O. Will the Panther D be able to stop the balanced attack of the Bulls O. Only time will tell.

That's the prob, Super R---I think everybody shot up all the good smack in the last week or two. Don't worry---Budman will be along shortly to set you LH folks straight about a lot of things.
BTW--The answwers to the questions in your post:

1.Yes
2. No

:D

(I know, I took advantage of you when you were trying to be nice.)

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2008, 10:27 AM
No, yes & clock is ticking. :D

Super_R
11-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
That's the prob, Super R---I think everybody shot up all the good smack in the last week or two. Don't worry---Budman will be along shortly to set you LH folks straight about a lot of things.
BTW--The answwers to the questions in your post:

1.Yes
2. No

(I know, I took advantage of you when you were trying to be nice.)

I wasted no smack talk...I have a plethora. I wasn't trying to be nice...just opening the door for Bull fodder....and you obliged.

You Steers might hate me before the week is through. If that is the case then you know we had a good week on the message boards.

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 10:46 AM
I wasted no smack talk...I have a plethora. I wasn't trying to be nice...just opening the door for Bull fodder....and you obliged.

You Steers might hate me before the week is through. If that is the case then you know we had a good week on the message boards.

Why would we not like you Super R? We like and respect everybody we beat. :D

8HR
11-30-2008, 10:48 AM

Exactly, Super R...This quote explains why they may not like you after this week.

Super_R
11-30-2008, 10:51 AM

Exactly my point. We won't fall into that catagory.

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Liberty Hill playbook:

1. Left
2. Right
3. Middle
4. Repeat

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Liberty Hill playbook:

1. Left
2. Right
3. Middle
4. Repeat
Nope - there was a HUGE change in the playbook this season. :p

1. Right
2. Middle
3. Left
4. Repeat

There really is a good reason it's called misdirection. :devil:

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Nope - there was a HUGE change in the playbook this season. :p

1. Right
2. Middle
3. Left
4. Repeat

There really is a good reason it's called misdirection. :devil:

Misdirection--means running in the wrong direction? Like backwards a lot?

8HR
11-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Post season scoring: Bridgeport/Liberty Hill

BP in two games has scored 77 points and given up 55

LH in three games has scored 106 and given up 14

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by 8HR

And LH's record this season is the same as ours---Imagine that.

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by 8HR
LH in three games has given up 14
:clap: :clap: :clap: Our defense doesn't get enough credit. That is HUGE!

8HR
11-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Speaking of the LH defense here are some interesting stats:

This year the defense has held 7 opponents under 200 yards per game including 6 of the last 7 games. The only exception was Llano who had 226 yards.

LH has given up over 300 yards in four games this year. 3 of the four came during the first four weeks of the season.

Lion_Addict
11-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Don't know a thing about Bridgeport (had to ask where it even was) and have seen Liberty Hill twice now. No way I will pick against 'em......GO PANTHERS!

Yes, I'm aboard the wagon......sue me :p :D

All out CAT
11-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by 8HR

ouch!!

LHPfactory
11-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Liberty Hill playbook:

1. Left
2. Right
3. Middle
4. Repeat

Deja Vu..... where have I heard this before...... oh yeah: on any given post for any big game..... Bulls Defense should know what to do then.....;)

charlesrixey
11-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Liberty Hill 38, Bridgeport 28

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Deja Vu..... where have I heard this before...... oh yeah: on any given post for any big game..... Bulls Defense should know what to do then.....;)

Yep, same ol' things they have been doing pretty well so far. LH folks will be asking each other "They keep scoring more than we do---maybe we need to run faster."

8HR
11-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Any word on injuries for Bridgeport. It sounded like they got dinged up pretty well against Monahans.

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by 8HR
Any word on injuries for Bridgeport. It sounded like they got dinged up pretty well against Monahans.

Won't know anything until Monday---but we're keeping our fingers crossed and hoping for good reports.

All out CAT
11-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Won't know anything until Monday---but we're keeping our fingers crossed and hoping for good reports.

Ours are crossed also...won't want any excuses running around here come this time next sunday.:stirpot:

J/K would like to see everyone healthy to make for a better game.

Panther Dad X 2
11-30-2008, 12:37 PM

Already with excuses?????
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Panther Dad X 2
Already with excuses?????
:confused: :confused: :confused:

how was that an excuse?

Someone asked him a question, he answered

Come on
11-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Liberty Hill playbook:

1. Left
2. Right
3. Middle
4. Repeat

It's worked pretty well, 37 in a row and Back to Back State Champs DI and DII! I will say it now, Bridgeport has had a good year but it WILL End Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DukeNukem
11-30-2008, 01:31 PM
LH 35 Bridgeport 17 if QB is healthy

if not LH 42 Bulls 7

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Come on
It's worked pretty well, 37 in a row and Back to Back State Champs DI and DII! I will say it now, Bridgeport has had a good year but it WILL End Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not if you can't put up 40+ points in a hurry.....

Panther Dad X 2
11-30-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
how was that an excuse?

Someone asked him a question, he answered

That's how excuses start. We all hope all players are healthy. No excuses in this game. LH by 21!!!!

Super_R
11-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Not if you can't put up 40+ points in a hurry.....

Why would we need to put up 40+ points in a hurry? The Bulls point totals have gone down each game for the past 3 games. Your salty O had to use overtime to crack into the 30s.

The Panther D has given up fewer yards in the past 3 playoff games than your Bull D has given up in the past 2.

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2008, 02:00 PM
I wasted no smack talk...I have a plethora.
I can attest to that. :D :kiss:

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Your salty O had to use overtime to crack into the 30s.

Outscoring a plenty good Monahans team 24-0 from 3:49 in the 3rd Qtr thru Overtime is pretty salty offense AND defense. Might be pretty hard for a bunch of clock-eaters to duplicate. :D

Budman007
11-30-2008, 02:13 PM
No excuses from Bull fans in this one regardless of the outcome. We know to be the best, you must beat the best. Although, odds may be against the Bulls in this one and very few may even give them a chance, I have known most of these boys back to their pee wee days and I have known one since the day he was born. This team will absolutely fight to the bitter end through any pain or other adversity that comes their way, and they will give LH all they want next Saturday and maybe a little extra.

2008 Bridgeport Bulls-Stampeding to State!!!

BTW, word is the Bulls will be 100% healthy and ready for battle!

pirate4state
Bulls fans yall need to come up with some new material. What I've read so far is no bueno! :tisk:

LH keeps rolling.

I'm looking forward to a Gilmer/LH rematch!

turbostud
. Might be pretty hard for a bunch of clock-eaters to duplicate. :D
LOL,:D

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Budman007
No excuses from Bull fans in this one regardless of the outcome. We know to be the best, you must beat the best. Although, odds may be against the Bulls in this one and very few may even give them a chance, I have known most of these boys back to their pee wee days and I have known one since the day he was born. This team will absolutely fight to the bitter end through any pain or other adversity that comes their way, and they will give LH all they want next Saturday and maybe a little extra.

2008 Bridgeport Bulls-Stampeding to State!!!

BTW, word is the Bulls will be 100% healthy and ready for battle!

Dangit! Stop telling them the truth, Budman---I was just getting started with the good stuff. :D

Great news, Budman---its going to be quite a game against a great team.

Super_R
11-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Outscoring a plenty good Monahans team 24-0 from 3:49 in the 3rd Qtr thru Overtime is pretty salty offense AND defense.

Chalk 10 of those to the fact that you had to go 14 yards for 7 points and 5 yards for 3 points.

If anyone had to only travel a total of 19 yards for 10 points I wouldn't be patting my self on the back and saying saltyness had anything to do with it.

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Bulls fans yall need to come up with some new material. What I've read so far is no bueno! :tisk:

LH keeps rolling.

Hey!---How much you paying for this entertainment? :D

8HR
11-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Chalk 10 of those to the fact that you had to go 14 yards for 7 points and 5 yards for 3 points.

If anyone had to only travel a total of 19 yards for 10 points I wouldn't be patting my self on the back and saying saltyness had anything to do with it.

Ouch...Maybe it was salty (like salt in a wound) because it hurt/burned to not be able to get their offense on track.

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2008, 02:32 PM
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/syrup-questions-1.jpg

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 02:40 PM
http://www.pcpros-tx.com/bullfightbutt.jpg

Go Bulls!

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 02:59 PM
How many spread teams has LH played, and what were the scores? The Bulls have played 1 Slot-T team, Llano, and won 41-27.

pirate4state
11-30-2008, 03:08 PM
How many spread teams has LH played, and what were the scores? The Bulls have played 1 Slot-T team, Llano, and won 41-27. Brownwood was a spread team and damn good (offensively :D ) and that was way back in week 2 or 3 !!!

Score was 59 to 40 something

Budman007
11-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Don't know a thing about Bridgeport (had to ask where it even was) and have seen Liberty Hill twice now. No way I will pick against 'em......GO PANTHERS!

Yes, I'm aboard the wagon......sue me :p :D

LH is doomed now. The Brownwood folks are joining up with you.;)

I believe LH beat Brownwood 56-49, but Bridgeport has a Defense especially when it counts.

GO BULLS!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2008, 03:17 PM
How many spread teams has LH played, and what were the scores? The Bulls have played 1 Slot-T team, Llano, and won 41-27.
Let me just say that we are not Llano. ;)

I'm sure I'll screw it up on answering who runs what so someone else will have to fill you in on others. I am positive about Brownwood, score was 56-49. (Yeah, lots of "clock control" ;) going on, & our 56 included 2 pick 6's.)

Necks_Fan
11-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Who was the last team to beat LH?

Just curious.

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2008, 03:23 PM

Just curious.
Wimberley, 48-44, September 29, 2006 (at least I think it was the 29th haha)

Necks_Fan
11-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Wimberley, 48-44, September 29, 2006 (at least I think it was the 29th haha) Was that in the Pre-district?

Didnt LH win state in 06? For some reason I thought y'all were undefeated in 2006 as well.

Wimberley won state in 2005, and they beat y'all in the next regular season after Buse and co. graduated? :thinking:

Budman007
11-30-2008, 03:29 PM

Just curious.

Did 'nt Wimberley run the spread?;)

OldBison75
11-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Okay Bridgeport, this is the week. I have said it before and been blasted by you guys about everything from sucking up to LH to being a closet LH Panther. Well, this week you will get to feel the magic that is Liberty Hill Panther football.

The question was asked about how many teams the LH Panthers had played against spreads offenses. This was exactly what Navasota fans said last year in the quarterfinals. All I'll say is that the spread accounted for 14 points in the entire game, the problem was that LH, with that ball control offense, put up about 34 in the first half. The LH defense almost never get mentioned, but they play extremely good against the run and put alot of pressure in the backfield of the opponent. In addition, the secondary is better than you realize because they keep receivers in front of them and break on the ball well. They are also great tacklers. The linebackers are fast, big , and vicious. I guarantee you that they make the defense work.

I think that you guys will play a great game against the Panthers and keep it respectable, but I don't think you can beat the mystique. Play smarter than Navasota did against them, use the quick passes and force them to slow down pursuit or it will be a long night. When you are on defense, tackle hard and sure because they very seldom go down on first contact.

MY pick: LH 35
Bridgeport 21

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Was that in the Pre-district?

Didnt LH win state in 06? For some reason I thought y'all were undefeated in 2006 as well.

Wimberley won state in 2005, and they beat y'all in the next regular season after Buse and co. graduated? :thinking:
Yes, it was pre-district.

Yes, we did win state in '06.

No, Buse had not graduated at the time. He graduated Spring '07.

Necks_Fan
11-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Yes, it was pre-district.

Yes, we did win state in '06.

No, Buse had not graduated at the time. He graduated Spring '07. Oh. I thought they had lost him to grad. :doh:

Thanks for the info.

So, how far did Wimberley make it in 2006?

8HR
11-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Oh. I thought they had lost him to grad. :doh:

Thanks for the info.

I think they lost in the Alamodome to Hondo in the Quarterfinals. They were winning big at halftime but failed to show up in the second half.

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2008, 03:47 PM

Thanks for the info.

They lost to Hondo the week before we played the Owls in the Semis, so Quarterfinals. I don't remember the exact details, but it seems like Hondo was down a BUNCH at the half and scored some unreal amount of points in the second half to win. (Final was 42-35)

pirate4state
11-30-2008, 03:47 PM

Thanks for the info.

So, how far did Wimberley make it in 2006? http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/playoffs/wimberley.gif

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 04:01 PM

Ahhh---It was a straight-up question, folks. What you want to read into it is up to you. All I was looking for was a little historical data to offset some of the fantasy and hype.

LHexPlayer
11-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Ahhh---It was a straight-up question, folks. What you want to read into it is up to you. All I was looking for was a little historical data to offset some of the fantasy and hype.

Here it is. Everyone was a spread team except Giddings, Llano, Vernon, and Sweetwater.

DATE
OPPONENT
TIME
RESULT
SCORE

Aug 9
Inner-squad (scrimmage)
9:00am

Aug 16
@ LaGrange (scrimmage)
10:30am

Aug 21
Waco Connally (scrimmage)
7:00pm

Aug 29
@ Giddings
7:30pm
WIN
28-26

Sep 5
@ Abilene Wylie
WIN
28-25

Sep 11
@ Manor
WIN
49-7

Sep 19
Brownwood
WIN
56-49

Sep 26
@ Fredericksburg
WIN
38-0

Oct 3
Burnet
WIN
36-29

Oct 10
@ Ingram
WIN
64-0

Oct 17
Canyon Lake (homecoming)
WIN
56-0

Oct 24
@ Wimberley
WIN
49-21

Oct 31
Open Date

Nov 7
Llano
WIN
28-17

END OF REGULAR SEASON

Nov 14
West (Wildcat Stadium, Temple)
WIN
27-0

Nov 22
Vernon (Ram Stadium, Mineral Wells)
4:00pm
WIN
31-7

Nov 29
Sweetwater (Gordon Wood Stadium, Brownwood)
5:30pm
WIN
38-7

Dec 6
Bridgeport (Baylor Stadium, Waco)

Looking4number8
11-30-2008, 04:07 PM

All I can tell you is Brownwood runs a spead and was able to put a lot of ponts without running much time off the clock. While this may sound great, really all it is, is an oppertunity for LH to score even more points with that incredible offense that they have.

I am not saying you guys cant beat them because I think the only way a team has a chance against them is with the spread. Their run D is very impressive. However I am saying it will be very very difficult. LH finds way to win games (Ask Burnet)

Good luck to both teams next week!

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Ahhh---It was a straight-up question, folks.
Well, I answered the ONLY team I was positive about. LHex confirmed what I thought but wasn't sure.

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Here it is. Everyone was a spread team except Giddings, Llano, Vernon, and Sweetwater.

DATE
OPPONENT
TIME
RESULT
SCORE

Aug 9
Inner-squad (scrimmage)
9:00am

Aug 16
@ LaGrange (scrimmage)
10:30am

Aug 21
Waco Connally (scrimmage)
7:00pm

Aug 29
@ Giddings
WIN
28-26

Sep 5
@ Abilene Wylie
WIN
28-25

Sep 11
@ Manor
WIN
49-7

Sep 19
Brownwood
WIN
56-49

Sep 26
@ Fredericksburg
WIN
38-0

Oct 3
Burnet
WIN
36-29

Oct 10
@ Ingram
WIN
64-0

Oct 17
Canyon Lake (homecoming)
WIN
56-0

Oct 24
@ Wimberley
WIN
49-21

Oct 31
Open Date

Nov 7
Llano
WIN
28-17

END OF REGULAR SEASON

Nov 14
West (Wildcat Stadium, Temple)
WIN
27-0

Nov 22
Vernon (Ram Stadium, Mineral Wells)
4:00pm
WIN
31-7

Nov 29
Sweetwater (Gordon Wood Stadium, Brownwood)
5:30pm
WIN
38-7

Dec 6
Bridgeport (Baylor Stadium, Waco)

Thanks for the info.

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Thanks! That's what I thought so I guess I'm smarter than I gave myself credit for. :D :nerd:

LHexPlayer
11-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks! That's what I thought so I guess I'm smarter than I gave myself credit for. :D :nerd:

You know your stuff. Have they started the name change of Baylor stadium to Panther Stadium North yet? And who is the home team this week?

Necks_Fan
11-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the good info guys...... and gals.

I had no idea Wimberley did that good in 06.

I thought it was all about 05 for them. For some reason I thought they were senior heavy in 2005 and after they won state graduated a bunch and never really got back to where they were, but they did well in 2006 also. :clap:

All I remember is us getting SMOKED by Wimberley in area in 2005.

Damn, they were good.:doh:

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2008, 04:13 PM
You know your stuff. Have they started the name change of Baylor stadium to Panther Stadium North yet? And who is the home team this week?
It's in the works, according to the rumor mill. ;) Bridgeport is home, so we'll have to be Runnin' up the Purple in White. :D

solocam
11-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Panthers offense and Defense are much better than LLano
Cats by 14

Budman007
11-30-2008, 04:21 PM
It's in the works, according to the rumor mill. ;) Bridgeport is home, so we'll have to be Runnin' up the Purple in White. :D

So, visitors in your own stadium?;)

clemsmarina
11-30-2008, 04:49 PM
So, visitors in your own stadium?;)

Good one...

Actually we play just as good from that side, as the other!!!

Panther One
11-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Bridgeport seems to be putting much of their stock into their offense, and with good reason. After the past two weeks, I wouldn't exactly be brimming with confidence about the Bull defense facing the best rushing offense in the state. I hope you feel good about getting some stops against Llano. Ask that undefeated Hondo team how that worked out for them in 2006. Llano and Monahans are good, but Liberty Hill they are not. You were a holding call away from not even being here this week. One penalty won't give you the win this week.

Sweetwater's defense was everything they said it was. It was probably the best we've faced this year. Our offense is just that tough to defend. I know the Bulls will bring in one of the better offenses we've faced this year, but it's nothing we haven't seen before. We're not going to pitch a shutout, but we won't have to, because we will score. With Llano and Monahans both scoring four TDs against Bridgeport, five or six is not out of the question for the Panthers, and that should be enough to win this game.

More to come. It's still early...

pirate4state
11-30-2008, 05:03 PM
So, visitors in your own stadium?;) Both visitors that day (Everman/LH) will be WINNERS!!

:clap:

slpybear the bullfan
11-30-2008, 05:12 PM
That's how excuses start. We all hope all players are healthy. No excuses in this game. LH by 21!!!!

Nawww.... no excuses. None. We will play with the team we bring and...

WIN with the team we bring!

Go Bulls... this is gonna be a long week. :D

slpybear the bullfan
11-30-2008, 05:16 PM

Punting is part of the game... ;)

Saltiness, toughness, luck... whatever. We put 'em up there. Great comeback during adversity...

But that was last week and this is this week. GO BULLS!

slpybear the bullfan
11-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Bridgeport seems to be putting much of their stock into their offense, and with good reason. After the past two weeks, I wouldn't exactly be brimming with confidence about the Bull defense facing the best rushing offense in the state. I hope you feel good about getting some stops against Llano. Ask that undefeated Hondo team how that worked out for them in 2006. Llano and Monahans are good, but Liberty Hill they are not. You were a holding call away from not even being here this week. One penalty won't give you the win this week.

Sweetwater's defense was everything they said it was. It was probably the best we've faced this year. Our offense is just that tough to defend. I know the Bulls will bring in one of the better offenses we've faced this year, but it's nothing we haven't seen before. We're not going to pitch a shutout, but we won't have to, because we will score. With Llano and Monahans both scoring four TDs against Bridgeport, five or six is not out of the question for the Panthers, and that should be enough to win this game.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Panther One!

I am sure the vast majority of folks will look at the Bulls games vs. the Panthers games and already be looking ahead to the next game. We realize we have a big task this week. But the boys will be ready.

I am so glad we are playing Liberty Hill. If you want to be the best, you have to be tested by the best. Good luck to both teams!

GO BULLS!

Budman007
11-30-2008, 05:47 PM

Pride comes before the fall! I would think you LH folks might be a little more humble about THIS YEAR"S LH team after only beating a 5-6 Burnet team and a 3-7 Brownwood team by a TD??? Not too impressive?

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 06:05 PM

Odd that you guys only stomp the teams who have the "best this" or "best that" but don't seem to be able to do it to the teams that move the ball pretty well like Llano and Brownwood. If it hadn't been for a late 68yd punt return LH would have barely squeaked by Llano.

Balcones fault
11-30-2008, 06:23 PM
LH has a better defense. LH 35-24.

Panther One
11-30-2008, 06:47 PM
If you guys haven't noticed, we're in the playoffs now, so don't get too caught up looking at regular season performances. We've been down that road the last two playoff runs. During our championship season in '06, we lost two games. Last year we had games during the season that weren't very becoming of a state champ, either. If it makes you feel better, judge us by those games, but as the past two years would indicate, it has very little bearing come playoff time.

Things change come week eleven. When you win a title and return a dominant team, you'll understand how getting up for regular season games isn't always easy. We've had let downs. I'm not going to deny that. But if you haven't noticed, we've picked up our intensity a little bit more each week of the playoffs, as the opponents have gotten tougher. We're not squeaking by with OT field goals. We're making statements and working towards another title, just as we did last year.

Ask some of our opponents from last year if our regular season games matter come playoff time. Ask Sweetwater if the same team that stumbled through the Llano game showed up to play last night. I can understand why you'd hope that would happen. It's just not going to...not when the games mean something. If Bridgeport has been sleepwalking through the playoffs, I hope last week woke you up, because if you play like you did last week against us, it'll be over by the fourth quarter. There will be no comeback.

lbjacj
11-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

LH keeps rolling.

I'll have to say I agree!!

Budman007
11-30-2008, 07:12 PM
If you guys haven't noticed, we're in the playoffs now, so don't get too caught up looking at regular season performances. We've been down that road the last two playoff runs. During our championship season in '06, we lost two games. Last year we had games during the season that weren't very becoming of a state champ, either. If it makes you feel better, judge us by those games, but as the past two years would indicate, it has very little bearing come playoff time.

Things change come week eleven. When you win a title and return a dominant team, you'll understand how getting up for regular season games isn't always easy. We've had let downs. I'm not going to deny that. But if you haven't noticed, we've picked up our intensity a little bit more each week of the playoffs, as the opponents have gotten tougher. We're not squeaking by with OT field goals. We're making statements and working towards another title, just as we did last year.

Ask some of our opponents from last year if our regular season games matter come playoff time. Ask Sweetwater if the same team that stumbled through the Llano game showed up to play last night. I can understand why you'd hope that would happen. It's just not going to...not when the games mean something. If Bridgeport has been sleepwalking through the playoffs, I hope last week woke you up, because if you play like you did last week against us, it'll be over by the fourth quarter. There will be no comeback.

Talk about needing some new material!

Yawn.:blahblah:

Daddy D 11
11-30-2008, 07:19 PM

Bridgeport sucks:thumbsup:

slpybear the bullfan
11-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Bridgeport sucks:thumbsup:

Stay classy Daddy D 11. :rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
11-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Stay classy Daddy D 11. :rolleyes:

You know I'm only teasing Slybear.

Red&White_9x5
11-30-2008, 07:27 PM
Some of the Bull faithful have been rattling on for weeks about they are every bit as good as the Hill. Well now it is here, and although I think it may be a good game, I will take the Panthers. I have seen both teams play and I honestly feel like the Bulls can't hold Liberty Hill under 400 yards and 40 points. I will say the Bull offense is good, but at the same time I think many either downplay or underestimate the Liberty Hill defense. To make a long story short, Panthers 49 Bridgeport 21. Not a knock on the Bulls, just an honest prediction. I do think it will be well worth the drive for anyone who heads to Waco Saturday night

Daddy D 11
11-30-2008, 07:29 PM
49-28 LH rolls.

Budman007
11-30-2008, 07:48 PM
49-28 LH rolls.

Yeah, rolls over and dies.

Hey, Daddy D11 one of your LH opponents told me that if this LH team fell into a barrel of boobies, they'd come out sucking their thumbs!;)

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 07:51 PM

I've got to hand it to you, Panther One---you've got a real knack for story telling. Is there anything you want to tell us other than you guys have been where we have not a couple of times? Do you really, really think that we are not capable of beating you? I think we could lose---that can happen to anyone when you are playing Quarterfinal opponents in the playoffs--and I mean anyone. You sound like a camp counselor telling scary ghost stories to a bunch of kids around a campfire.

Budman007
11-30-2008, 08:01 PM
I've got to hand it to you, Panther One---you've got a real knack for story telling. Is there anything you want to tell us other than you guys have been where we have not a couple of times? Do you really, really think that we are not capable of beating you? I think we could lose---that can happen to anyone when you are playing Quarterfinal opponents in the playoffs--and I mean anyone. You sound like a camp counselor telling scary ghost stories to a bunch of kids around a campfire.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Daddy D 11
11-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Yeah, rolls over and dies.

Hey, Daddy D11 one of your LH opponents told me that if this LH team fell into a barrel of boobies, they'd come out sucking their thumbs!;)

Well, unless that opponent played us way back in 2005, they probably lost to us. So that would explain the dumb comment by him/her:)

And your poor little linebackers don't stand a chance.
And I think I'm going to bring my shotgun to this one, because last game against Llano when the Bulls had the ball I thought it was DUCK season:eek:

Budman007
11-30-2008, 08:29 PM
Well, unless that opponent played us way back in 2005, they probably lost to us. So that would explain the dumb comment by him/her:)

And your poor little linebackers don't stand a chance.
And I think I'm going to bring my shotgun to this one, because last game against Llano when the Bulls had the ball I thought it was DUCK season:eek:

Our awesome LB's are still licking their chops and your wimpy backfield are the only ones that will be DUCKing!

The shotgun is probably not a bad idea, maybe you can use it on the sloppy Slot-T since it will need to be put out of its misery by halftime. :ack!: :ack!: :ack!:

Daddy D 11
11-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Our awesome LB's are still licking their chops and your wimpy backfield are the only ones that will be DUCKing!

The shotgun is probably not a bad idea, maybe you can use it on the sloppy Slot-T since it will need to be put out of its misery by halftime. :ack!: :ack!: :ack!:

Right:rolleyes:

orange machine
11-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Gonna go with Bridgeport to pull off the upset.

Come on
11-30-2008, 08:44 PM

Hey woman, Not the rumor mill, straite from the top! Thats the only place I get my info from.;)

Daddy D 11
11-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Gonna go with Bridgeport to pull off the upset.

That's just wishful thinking coming from Celina:devil:

I'm looking forward to rematches with Celina AND Gilmer. It's going to be another fun December:D

knucklehead
11-30-2008, 08:48 PM
But if you haven't noticed, we've picked up our intensity a little bit more each week of the playoffs, as the opponents have gotten tougher. We're not squeaking by with OT field goals. We're making statements and working towards another title, just as we did last year.

Maybe so, but two of your three playoff opponents were .500 teams.

BEAST
11-30-2008, 08:49 PM
I havent seen Bridgeport this year so I know little about them, but here is my take. Brownwoods record aside, we had the #1 offense in all of 3A and ranked in the top 10 of offenses in the state, any classification. Bridgeport, your offense may be good, but not as good as ours was. And just to cut you off before you get there, we played as hard a schedule as anyone in the state.

IF your offense has 2 very big and fast and strong WRs and atleast one really quick slot receicer, you have a chance to exploit LHs secondary. If not you will find it tough. They will blitz every dang play if need be, can your oline handle it? Ours did for most of the game.

Now you must score on LH dang near everytime you have the ball, I promise you they will score in bundles. Your run defense will have to fight the urge to attack and instead play completely disciplined. Thats what makes their offense so good, your defense has to fight the urge to chase and attack, they have to try not to do what they have been trained to do. Sounds simple, but it isnt. That being said, our defense was very, very bad this year. If yours can be disciplined and let the play come to them, you have a shot. Good Luck.

BEAST

Daddy D 11
11-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by knucklehead
Maybe so, but two of your three playoff opponents were .500 teams.

And in both of your wins you gave up 4 TD's to running oriented teams. Good luck knucklehead.

orange machine
11-30-2008, 08:52 PM
That's just wishful thinking coming from Celina:devil:

I'm looking forward to rematches with Celina AND Gilmer. It's going to be another fun December:D

I dont care who we play i just think Bridgeport will win this game. They have played good all year this year and are a very solid team. Anyways may the best team win.

Super_R
11-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
I dont care who we play i just think Bridgeport will win this game. They have played good all year this year and are a very solid team. Anyways may the best team win.

In your 1st post you said upset...And now you say I think Bridgeport will win. What a terrible poker face. Such an easy tell.

Super_R
11-30-2008, 09:13 PM

You and Bullaholic have names that are derived from an alcoholic beverage. I bet you guys distill mountain oysters for your brew.

How is the steer business?

pirate4state
11-30-2008, 09:19 PM
this is gonna be a looooooooooong week

i'm looking forward to watching Bridgeport play

i already know what LH brings to the table

Daddy D 11
11-30-2008, 09:19 PM
What's your take on the game Super?

Super_R
11-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Pride comes before the fall! I would think you LH folks might be a little more humble about THIS YEAR"S LH team after only beating a 5-6 Burnet team and a 3-7 Brownwood team by a TD??? Not too impressive?

I think the saying is the silence before the storm. And Purple Thunder will be in Waco around 5 on Saturday.

Watch both films and see if you feel as comfortable afterwards as you do now. Brownwood had the best QB and trio of receivers that I have seen on one team ever.

We put 3 td's on Burnet in about 8 minutes...then dropped our guard. Burnet went for on-side kicks the entire game...fake punts...you name it they tried it...and still they fell short.

Humble...that word could work...appreciative of what we have gotten to be a part of is more what I was thinking.

Impressive...that word could work...dynamic of what you will finally get to witness is more what I was thinking.

Budman007
11-30-2008, 09:27 PM
You and Bullaholic have names that are derived from an alcoholic beverage. I bet you guys distill mountain oysters for your brew.

Super, I'd be glad to share some of that brew with you in Waco if you think you're man enough?

You should know more about the steer business since you're a lot closer to Austin than me.

2008 Bridgeport Bulls-Stampeding to State

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 09:28 PM

Well, whatever we distill can't be as intoxicating as that purple panther pee that you, DaddyD11, and Panther One are drinking all the time. :D

Super_R
11-30-2008, 09:28 PM
What's your take on the game Super?

I feel pretty good. I feel better about this match up this week then our good buddies over in Bridgeport do.

There sure was a lot more "Bring on the Hill" talk a few weeks back before their D started have track meets ran against them.

Daddy D 11
11-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Well, whatever we distill can't be as intoxicating as that purple panther pee that you, DaddyD11, and Panther One are drinking all the time. :D

It's not pee, it's kool-aid.

Super_R
11-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Super, I'd be glad to share some of that brew with you in Waco if you think you're man enough?

Thanks for the invite...how the hell am I supposed to know what kind of man you like?

You might want to have a few before the game...it will make the beat down a lot less painless for you.

Budman007
11-30-2008, 09:32 PM
I feel pretty good. I feel better about this match up this week then our good buddies over in Bridgeport do.

There sure was a lot more "Bring on the Hill" talk a few weeks back before their D started have track meets ran against them.

BRING ON THE HILL!!! We're not skeeeeerd!!!

Go Bulls!!!

Super_R
11-30-2008, 09:33 PM

I haven't read the by-laws on here...but I do believe that you are not allowed to use the word pee on here...poop is another word that is unacceptable. So don't even try it.

Bull_Guy
11-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Ok, so i've been reading the posts for a while... just now got an account... so alot of pent up thoughts... here are a few...

Liberty HAS only allowed 14 points in the playoffs, but like it was said before 2 of your games were against .500 teams and the other agaisnt a sweetwater team that i was not very impressed with during the game not putting down sweetwater, was only the first time i saw them this year and i do remember the whooping the handed us last year. And maybe liberty hill IS that good.... but that is to be seen by us.

The sweetwater game was a respectable win against a good team yes. But partly because of an interception during the game that looked more like a punt return... not gonna happen from the bport qb.. and a couple long runs that really turned the momentum

And to tell the truth... i wasnt even that impressed with the legendary slot-t, i did notice not alot of misdirection was used and yall mainly just handed it and let #22 run (who i was impressd with) but nothing we havn't seen before... Interested to compare the trickery with llano's.

Now it is true, if bridgeport comes out in the first half like we did against monahans, or the beginning of the second half like we did against llano, we stand a chance to be beaten soundly. But hearing from these boys and from watching the season that they have had, i doubt it happens. We have been looking forward to this since before the playoffs, me more that some because we have close friends from liberty hill. I think both teams will play one of the best games of there lives and it will be an honor to be there and experience it.

But everything aside, what is going to take place in Waco saturday is going to be remembered for a long time by myself atleast and i believe its going to be an amazing game, either team could win, either team could lose. It will be a clash of two undefeated and completly different teams. And i believe the both of the two offenses will be put to the test against a fired up defense, and vice versa.

Good luck to both teams and i pray no harms come to anyone on either team!

Daddy D 11
11-30-2008, 09:34 PM
BRING ON THE HILL!!! We're not skeeeeerd!!!

Go Bulls!!!

I wouldn't be scared either if I was completely oblivious to what is coming.

knucklehead
11-30-2008, 09:37 PM

The Bridgeport kids did bring home all the medals in those track meets.

Come on
11-30-2008, 09:38 PM
It's not pee, it's kool-aid.

And don't leave me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pirate4state
11-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the invite...how the hell am I supposed to know what kind of man you like?

You might want to have a few before the game...it will make the beat down a lot less painless for you.

:spitlol: :spitlol:

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 09:40 PM
I haven't read the by-laws on here...but I do believe that you are not allowed to use the word pee on here...poop is another word that is unacceptable. So don't even try it.

Anymore that you know of? You only gave two examples--I need more direction and education....

Budman007
11-30-2008, 09:40 PM

Nah, I actually look forward to the beat down and the end of the LH streak. :kiss:

Daddy D 11
11-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by knucklehead
The Bridgeport kids did bring home all the medals in those track meets.

Medals? Are those the gold things you get when you win state?:confused:

If so, we have 2 of them:)

Super_R
11-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Bull_Guy

Nice 1st post Bull_Guy.

LH's O gives the misdirection when it is called for...and pounds the rock when it need be done. What did you think about that 2-2 passing for 60+ yards and a TD...not bad huh?

Daddy D 11
11-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Nice 1st post Bull_Guy.

LH's O gives the misdirection when it is called for...and pounds the rock when it need be done. What did you think about that 2-2 passing for 60+ yards and a TD...not bad huh?

+1 on that one Bull_Guy.

Super_R
Nah, I actually look forward to the beat down and the end of the LH streak. :kiss:

So have 37 people before you.

Bull_Guy
Nice 1st post Bull_Guy.

I actually called the td pass... after that penalty that moved them back... personally i would have declined it would have been fourth and 5 i belive... but with their field goal kicker i see the strategy of the move... But like i said i told my gf right before the play that they would score because of the second chance.

Come on
11-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Nice 1st post Bull_Guy.

I can't waite for saturday, I was going to miss this game but not after reading some these posts! Budbeer and Bull licker or whatever their called have got me interested in this glorified scrimmage. They just have NO clue whats fixing to take place.

Blue 200

Budman007
11-30-2008, 09:52 PM
I can't waite for saturday, I was going to miss this game but not after reading some these posts! Budbeer and Bull licker or whatever their called have got me interested in this glorified scrimmage. They just have NO clue whats fixing to take place.

Blue 200

I love how we Bridgeport fans are so clueless and oblivious. NOT!!! We're also not intimidated by a bunch of pompous, arrogant cat lovers! Our Bulls will bring it this game the likes you've not yet seen this season.

Come on
11-30-2008, 09:57 PM
I love how we Bridgeport fans are so clueless and oblivious. NOT!!! We're also not intimidated by a bunch of pompous, arrogant cat lovers! Our Bulls will bring it this game the likes you've not yet seen this season.

But limping home to Wise Co.

Bull_Guy
11-30-2008, 10:00 PM

Ya... but the limp will go away... our trophy will be around for a while... lol
:p :D

Come on
11-30-2008, 10:01 PM
Ya... but the limp will go away... our trophy will be around for a while... lol
:p :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Budman007
11-30-2008, 10:01 PM

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Daddy D 11
11-30-2008, 10:02 PM
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

You've got to have something better than that:evillol:

Let's hear it Buddyman007.

blaster
11-30-2008, 10:10 PM
My Opinion for Wht it is Worth.

I said back earlier in the year that I wanted the Bulls to end up playing Liberty Hill in the playoffs. I will give Liberty Hill folks their props. They are the defending champs! My exact words back earlier was If the Bulls win Great!!! If not then it took the Best to knock them off!!

I do not have kids playing at this level. Some youth from my Church is about as close to family on the field that I have. The Bulls seem to be pretty humble at this point and look forward to taking the field against a "legend" (my choice of words).

Yes, the Bulls are pretty banged up but there will be no excuses. A chain is only as strong as the weakest link and those who come in as a backup are part of the "TEAM" as well. I have confidence in the depth of the Bull sideline.

I know 99% of those who post are parents or fans just like me. But, if the Liberty Hill players have the same feelings as those who are posting then I see something I knda like!!

The advantage to me that is in Bridgeport's favor is that the Bulls know that they COULD LOSE this game if they are not playing like they should. Liberty Hill thinks there is no way they can lose and that is exactly how good teams do lose.

Not trying to make enemies, just know from personal experience that being over confident can be a curse that jumps up and "Horns you right in the backside"

I pray for no injuries and a clean game between the boys!

Love my Bulls!!! Go play your hearts out and if you lose....Little Blaster and I will still be your biggest fans...Just play your best!

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Ok, so i've been reading the posts for a while... just now got an account... so alot of pent up thoughts... here are a few...

Liberty HAS only allowed 14 points in the playoffs, but like it was said before 2 of your games were against .500 teams and the other agaisnt a sweetwater team that i was not very impressed with during the game not putting down sweetwater, was only the first time i saw them this year and i do remember the whooping the handed us last year. And maybe liberty hill IS that good.... but that is to be seen by us.

The sweetwater game was a respectable win against a good team yes. But partly because of an interception during the game that looked more like a punt return... not gonna happen from the bport qb.. and a couple long runs that really turned the momentum

And to tell the truth... i wasnt even that impressed with the legendary slot-t, i did notice not alot of misdirection was used and yall mainly just handed it and let #22 run (who i was impressd with) but nothing we havn't seen before... Interested to compare the trickery with llano's.

Now it is true, if bridgeport comes out in the first half like we did against monahans, or the beginning of the second half like we did against llano, we stand a chance to be beaten soundly. But hearing from these boys and from watching the season that they have had, i doubt it happens. We have been looking forward to this since before the playoffs, me more that some because we have close friends from liberty hill. I think both teams will play one of the best games of there lives and it will be an honor to be there and experience it.

But everything aside, what is going to take place in Waco saturday is going to be remembered for a long time by myself atleast and i believe its going to be an amazing game, either team could win, either team could lose. It will be a clash of two undefeated and completly different teams. And i believe the both of the two offenses will be put to the test against a fired up defense, and vice versa.

Nice post Bull_Guy---I missed it earlier. Glad to have you with us. This is going to be a fun week on the board.

Budman007
11-30-2008, 10:15 PM
You've got to have something better than that:evillol:

Let's hear it Buddyman007.

The week is young. All bantering aside (temporarily), I actually look forward to a heckuva game and maybe getting to meet you, Super and LH Panther Mom.

Bull_Guy
11-30-2008, 10:16 PM
Nice post Bull_Guy---I missed it earlier. Glad to have you with us. This is going to be a fun week on the board.

Yes it is! looking forward to finally be able to put in my own two cents on some of these topics... just hope i can keep my cool on some of them... :p

blaster
11-30-2008, 10:17 PM
If there is a M & G at this game will someone come slap me on the back of the head so I do not forget like I did at Sweetwater last week!!!!!?

Ranger Mom
11-30-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm curious to see if any of the Bulls posters here were the ones that were at the game last night!!!

LHPM made a comment to them about seeing them next week (can't remember the exact wording) and they made the same comment back to her.

What was funny is I was walking a ways behind her and saw all the face making and rolling of eyes after she had passed them!!

It was pretty humorous to say the least!

blaster
11-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm curious to see if any of the Bulls posters here were the ones that were at the game last night!!!

LHPM made a comment to them about seeing them next week (can't remember the exact wording) and they made the same comment back to her.

What was funny is I was walking a ways behind her and saw all the face making and rolling of eyes after she had passed them!!

I hope you will not judge us all by the actions of some! Most of us Bull faithfull are pretty friendly! Sorry you met some of the few rude ones!

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by blaster
If there is a M & G at this game will someone come slap me on the back of the head so I do not forget like I did at Sweetwater last week!!!!!?

I'll get you reminded, blaster---I'll just point at you and tell everyone that you're Budman. :D

It is always a pleasure to get to meet these folks at M&G's, blaster.

blaster
11-30-2008, 10:23 PM
I guess I was still in the fetal position when it was taking place!!

slpybear the bullfan
11-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Hmmm... not sure who was at the LH game... would love to have gone, but we had the Thanksgiving at our house... and about 20 more people over than should fit in here... :(

Cannot wait for this game... been looking forward to it for a long time!

GO BULLS!

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Dang! That was y'all??? :D

Seriously, like Blaster said, I hope they were not rude. Every town has a few of whom they are not always proud.

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by blaster
Liberty Hill thinks there is no way they can lose and that is exactly how good teams do lose.
Actually, our team knows very well that each week they could be the one "going home". You're not reading posts on here from any of the team.

Necks_Fan
11-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Wow! This thread is rocking and rolling!

Geez. It's only sunday people. :eek:

Bullaholic
11-30-2008, 10:40 PM

Maybe we ought to put up the _"WARNING: Faint of heart read no further" warning, Necks. :D Hang on and hope you and everybody else enjoys the ride.

Bull_Guy
11-30-2008, 10:42 PM
only sunday!!!!

why thats only 6 days aways...
actually... 141 hours and 50 minutes...

thats 8510 minutes!

and that means its only 510,600 seconds from kick-off!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2008, 10:43 PM

Shoot, the "unofficial" smack down has been going on since the playoffs started. Where have you been????? :p

Come on
11-30-2008, 10:54 PM
only sunday!!!!

why thats only 6 days aways...
actually... 141 hours and 50 minutes...

thats 8510 minutes!

and that means its only 510,600 seconds from kick-off!!!

It will be here before you know it so just enjoy the time leading up to it, because the high comes to an end quickly and you won't be ready for it.

Come on
11-30-2008, 11:25 PM
It will be here before you know it so just enjoy the time leading up to it, because the high comes to an end quickly and you won't be ready for it.

I don't want any Bridgeport fans to take my post the wrong way, yes I believe LH will win this one, but my point was we tend to want the next game to be here and not enjoy the last victory and the time between. Im speaking from experience as some of the LH posters on here understand. The 04 Run was a GREAT one and probably the best, No it was the best offense LH has ever had anyway we lost. I have tried to enjoy the moment since then because we are not sure that there will be another game.

Blue 200

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2008, 11:28 PM
I don't want any Bridgeport fans to take my post the wrong way, yes I believe LH will win this one, but my point was we tend to want the next game to be here and not enjoy the last victory and the time between. Im speaking from experience as some of the LH posters on here understand. The 04 Run was a GREAT one and probably the best, No it was the best offense LH has ever had anyway we lost. I have tried to enjoy the moment since then because we are not sure that there will be another game.

Blue 200
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

turtletank2009
12-01-2008, 12:40 AM
liberty hill wins and bullaholic has to find something else to do

5wide
12-01-2008, 12:41 AM
LH way to cocky for your own good....trust me you can be beat any time you suit up..it happened to us the past couple of times(Decatur). Bulls pull the upset...our style of offense way to good fpr that boring stuff yall run ;)

Daddy D 11
12-01-2008, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by 5wide
LH way to cocky for your own good....trust me you can be beat any time you suit up..it happened to us the past couple of times(Decatur). Bulls pull the upset...our style of offense way to good fpr that boring stuff yall run ;)
Oh, we know we can be beat.

It just hasn't happened in 37 games.

5wide
12-01-2008, 12:47 AM
If you played in our area...it would happen trust me....

Daddy D 11
12-01-2008, 12:50 AM
That's the qoute of the year right there.

BullsFan
12-01-2008, 12:50 AM
Thanks, 5wide! It's nice to see you hanging around here, especially in this thread. :) (Not that I'll be posting here much, since smack talk gives me the hives. I'll let Bullaholic and Budman lead the charge on that one...)

5wide
12-01-2008, 12:51 AM
;) ;)

Daddy D 11
12-01-2008, 12:53 AM

How many state championships have been won by teams in your area in the past couple years?

turtletank2009
12-01-2008, 12:57 AM
HOLY CRAP! DONT PLAY IN THEIR AREA!

5wide
12-01-2008, 01:01 AM
here you go daddy....

Everman '01

Everman '02

Gainsville '03

Celina '05

Celina '06

Tailback
12-01-2008, 01:04 AM
here you go daddy....

Everman '01

Everman '02

Gainsville '03

Celina '05

Celina '06

Might want to check your stats 5wide. Liberty Hill beat Celina in 2006 to win LH's first title. Celina won again in '07. Besides that, not a bad list.

5wide
12-01-2008, 01:06 AM
yep that was a def typo...

turtletank2009
12-01-2008, 01:08 AM
Liberty hill is gonna have a steak dinner saturday night

Stownhorse
12-01-2008, 01:09 AM
I use to not like Bridgeport very much because of the posters. But I suddenly have a feeling of hate toward LH and their posters.

Go Bulls!

Daddy D 11
12-01-2008, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
I use to not like Bridgeport very much because of the posters. But I suddenly have a feeling of hate toward LH and their posters.

Go Bulls!

You'll get over the loss eventually.

5wide
12-01-2008, 01:13 AM
I guess that answered daddy??

Tailback
12-01-2008, 01:15 AM

Go Bulls!

Sorry you feel that way.

turtletank2009
12-01-2008, 01:18 AM
ok guys just found out Liberty Hill vs. Celina saturday dec. 16 at 7:30. Any bridgeport fans need a ride, im taking the van.

Daddy D 11
12-01-2008, 01:21 AM
I'll see your 4 titles in 7 years and raise you 3 titles in 3:)

Wimberley in 2005.
LH in 2006.
LH in 2007.

But more importantly, Bridgeport has 14 playoff victories since 1948, LH has 14 since 2006. Nice try though 5wide.

Tailback
12-01-2008, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by turtletank2009
ok guys just found out Liberty Hill vs. Celina saturday dec. 16 at 7:30. Any bridgeport fans need a ride, im taking the van.

Don't get ahead of yourself there turtle. We still have to take care of business this saturday.

turtletank2009
I'll see your 4 titles in 7 years and raise you 3 titles in 4:)

Wimberley in 2005.
LH in 2006.
LH in 2007.

But more importantly, Bridgeport has 14 playoff victories since 1948, LH has 14 since 2006. Nice try though 5wide.
i concur

Stownhorse
You'll get over the loss eventually.

Too bad that happened last night. There was no need for that remark.

turtletank2009
12-01-2008, 01:24 AM
ok so i can tell we are getting a little off topic

Daddy D 11
12-01-2008, 01:24 AM
Too bad that happened last night. There was no need for that remark.
There was no need for your remark either:) Call it even.

turtletank2009
12-01-2008, 01:26 AM
There was no need for your remark either:) Call it even. Call it even? What are you seven?

Stownhorse
12-01-2008, 01:26 AM
good one

Tailback
12-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Prediction:

Liberty Hill 49
Bridgeport 21

Daddy D 11
12-01-2008, 01:31 AM
5 wide?

turtletank2009
12-01-2008, 01:33 AM
Bridgeport scoring 21 points sounds right. honestly i was gonna say lower. Our D is well over looked

turtletank2009
12-01-2008, 01:34 AM

He restated his statement! :eek:

Stownhorse
12-01-2008, 01:38 AM
Bridgeport scoring 21 points sounds right. honestly i was gonna say lower. Our D is well over looked

Who is dumb enough to overlook it? What streak are yall on? 37?

turtletank2009
12-01-2008, 01:44 AM
Who is dumb enough to overlook it? What streak are yall on? 37?
Ha, so how many points will bridgeport land on liberty hills d

Bullaholic
12-01-2008, 10:25 AM
liberty hill wins and bullaholic has to find something else to do

Why turtletank--I'm touched---I didn't know you cared. Besides, there is nothing more fun than pulling the tails of Panther fans. :D

Red&White_9x5
12-01-2008, 10:38 AM

21 at most

Budman007
12-01-2008, 10:57 AM

As many as needed to humble the Mighty Panthers!

GO BULLS!!!

Runnin Panther
12-01-2008, 11:22 AM
It really funny how many of you Bridgeport posters are coming on here accusing LH of being cocky, arrogant and over confident, when we have had to listen to you guys for weeks now boasting about how great your team is and how nobody can play with ya’ll. Now that the week you guys have been looking forward to is finally here, you are trying to play the humble card. Maybe it’s because all the confidence ya’ll were spouting a few weeks ago evaporated now that the week for talking on the field is here. I think the bulls maybe a little scared. :eek: :D

Daddy D 11
12-01-2008, 11:26 AM
I don' think the Bulls are scared at all, they are just simply oblivious to what's coming.

Budman007
12-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
It really funny how many of you Bridgeport posters are coming on here accusing LH of being cocky, arrogant and over confident, when we have had to listen to you guys for weeks now boasting about how great your team is and how nobody can play with ya’ll. Now that the week you guys have been looking forward to is finally here, you are trying to play the humble card. Maybe it’s because all the confidence ya’ll were spouting a few weeks ago evaporated now that the week for talking on the field is here. I think the bulls maybe a little scared. :eek: :D

Think again, Panther with the Runs. The Bulls are'nt afraid of anyone and will be well prepared for battle come Saturday!

GO BULLS!!!

Bullaholic
12-01-2008, 11:34 AM
I don' think the Bulls are scared at all, they are just simply oblivious to what's coming.

Eeeeeeek! Run for you lives, children---the Slot-T boogie-man monster is coming! :D

Daddy D 11
12-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Eeeeeeek! Run for you lives, children---the Slot-T boogie-man monster is coming! :D

Yep:thumbsup:

Runnin Panther
12-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Think again, Panther with the Runs. The Bulls are'nt afraid of anyone and will be well prepared for battle come Saturday!

GO BULLS!!!

Whooo looks whose cocky now!:rolleyes: And your right about the Panthers having the runs, they will show you Saturday night as the run up and down the field on the Bulls. :D

Bull_Guy
12-01-2008, 12:19 PM
I'll see your 4 titles in 7 years and raise you 3 titles in 3:)

Wimberley in 2005.
LH in 2006.
LH in 2007.

Well hey, yall enjoy your 14 wins over the past 3 seasons... we will enjoy our third THIS season Saturday night =]
:p :cool:

but seriously... stats don't count yall said it yourself.. This is playoffs... its all up to who wants it more...

Daddy D 11
12-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Well hey, yall enjoy your 14 wins over the past 3 seasons... we will enjoy our third THIS season Saturday night =]
:p :cool:

but seriously... stats don't count yall said it yourself.. This is playoffs... its all up to who wants it more...

I'll beg to differ on the last one, you can believe that all you want but every team wants it the same amount. It's about who plays better for 48 minutes.

Bull_Guy
12-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Wow, just saw Floyd Casey stadium for the first time... Really looking forward to the game now! will be a great atmosphere!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

All out CAT
12-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Wow, just saw Floyd Casey stadium for the first time... Really looking forward to the game now! will be a great atmosphere!!!

I've been there twice. It is nice...can be extreemly cold during the STATE games.

turtletank2009
12-01-2008, 12:51 PM

Floyd Casey stadium is very nice. But at the same time what do you expect out of a D1 college stadium. I believe we have played there 3 times in the past two years if I am correct.

Bull_Guy
12-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by All out CAT
I've been there twice. It is nice...can be extreemly cold during the STATE games.

Thanks for the warning... i'll be sure to bundle up that saturday....

But as for this week... ill keep my short sleeves...

turtletank2009
12-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the warning... i'll be sure to bundle up that saturday....

But as for this week... ill keep my short sleeves...
i concur

swstangs001
12-01-2008, 01:17 PM

Why would they be oblivious to what's coming? sweetwater had every chance to win that game until they gave up a big play and lost momentum.....if bridgeport can put the same pressure on LH that sweetwater did in the first half they can win the game

turtletank2009
12-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by swstangs001
Why would they be oblivious to what's coming? sweetwater had every chance to win that game until they gave up a big play and lost momentum.....if bridgeport can put the same pressure on LH that sweetwater did in the first half they can win the game

Your right! 37 other teams had every chance of beating us as well! :)

clemsmarina
12-01-2008, 01:19 PM

We know stats don't matter, but lets hear what Bridgeport will bring to the game, player and stats wise...

What type of offense? Who should we watch for in warmups and during the game?

How about defense? Same as above, who should us fans look for?

Any two way starters? How many, and what positions?

swstangs001
12-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Your right! 37 other teams had every chance of beating us as well! :)

that's not what i'm saying

LH_Tuff
12-01-2008, 01:22 PM
What pressure? Sweetwater's only score came after a busted coverage that got them in the red zone. The first half was a defensive struggle for the most part. I guess if the game ended after the 1st qtr then I would agree with your assertion that Sweetwater had every chance to win.:rolleyes:

clemsmarina
12-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
What pressure? Sweetwater's only score came after a busted coverage that got them in the red zone. The first half was a defensive struggle for the most part. I guess if the game ended after the 1st qtr then I would agree with your assertion that Sweetwater had every chance to win.:rolleyes:

No kidding.... :thinking:

turtletank2009
12-01-2008, 01:26 PM

Sweetwater got shut down but they "did have their chance"

swstangs001
12-01-2008, 01:31 PM

i'm not trying to get into an arguement with y'all im not taking anything away from liberty hill, so what if it was busted coverage that happens thats just football....all i'm saying is sweetwater was in the game and had a good chance at the game until that 94 yard run, i know LH dominated the second half and i knew liberty hill was going to win that game sweetwater was driving to who says they wouldnt have scored on that possesion? get off my back that game is over i was jsut using the first half of it as a reference

LH_Tuff
12-01-2008, 01:32 PM
i'm not trying to get into an arguement with y'all im not taking anything away from liberty hill, so what if it was busted coverage that happens thats just football....all i'm saying is sweetwater was in the game and had a good chance at the game until that 94 yard run, i know LH dominated the second half and i knew liberty hill was going to win that game sweetwater was driving to who says they wouldnt have scored on that possesion? get off my back that game is over i was jsut using the first half of it as a reference
You brought it up! :p

turtletank2009
12-01-2008, 01:32 PM
If that was all you had to say, then you should of just said it! DUH

swstangs001
12-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Sweetwater got shut down but they "did have their chance"
all i'm saying is that if bridgeport can get some stops and keep up with liberty hill(like sweetwater did right up until about 40 seconds before halftime) then they can win the game

swstangs001
12-01-2008, 01:35 PM
If that was all you had to say, then you should of just said it! DUH
well most posters on here would have understood my statements earlier, but those of you that are just on here to argue can't seem to comprehend simple statements

turtletank2009
12-01-2008, 01:37 PM
One stop wont make a game changing impact. Bridgeport is going to have to make multiple stops against liberty hills high powered offence. And on top of that there gonna have to put up numbers on the board. Which is tough against a good defense that liberty hill maintains week in and week out. And there going to have to do it consistently all game! Not just the first quarter, or even the first half. Liberty Hill is notorious for being a powerhouse in the 4th quarter.

turtletank2009
12-01-2008, 01:40 PM
well most posters on here would have understood my statements earlier, but those of you that are just on here to argue can't seem to comprehend simple statements

most posters? hmmm

Pick6
12-01-2008, 01:40 PM

Evidently you don't know Bullaholic. If Bridgeport has to use the 3rd string QB he will not use that as an excuse. The man shines with dignity.

swstangs001
12-01-2008, 01:42 PM
One stop wont make a game changing impact. Bridgeport is going to have to make multiple stops against liberty hills high powered offence. And on top of that there gonna have to put up numbers on the board. Which is tough against a good defense that liberty hill maintains week in and week out. And there going to have to do it consistently all game! Not just the first quarter, or even the first half. Liberty Hill is notorious for being a powerhouse in the 4th quarter.
damn did i not just say if they can get SOME stops....and when did i say anything about beating liberty hill just because you play good in the first quarter of first half? you have to play good the whole game i understand that....I'm so sorry i used part of a previous game as a reference of how a team needs to play to beat liberty hill

swstangs001
12-01-2008, 01:43 PM
most posters? hmmm
you havent even been on here for a whole month do you not understand people are on here to talk football, not to talk crap?

Bullaholic
12-01-2008, 01:46 PM

Turtletank---I think this is a good, no-nonsense post. That is exactly what the Bulls will need to do to be in this game. The converse to this is that LH will need to keep the Bulls "O" down for 4 quarters, not just part of the game. This offense is capable of scoring incredibly quickly multiple times if they are in rhythm and "clicking". Bottom Line: He who punts the most loses this one. (Turnovers are the 1 factor that could offset this).

DaHop72
12-01-2008, 01:52 PM
One stop wont make a game changing impact. One stop sure changed the Bridgeport/Monahans game. :doh: :doh:

BILLYFRED0000
12-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Turtletank---I think this is a good, no-nonsense post. That is exactly what the Bulls will need to do to be in this game. The converse to this is that LH will need to keep the Bulls "O" down for 4 quarters, not just part of the game. This offense is capable of scoring incredibly quickly multiple times if they are in rhythm and "clicking". Bottom Line: He who punts the most loses this one. (Turnovers are the 1 factor that could offset this).

Bull I have seen LH this year and of course ya'll came by our place for a scrum. I think Bport has a chance at this game but the trick will be giving your quick qb room to work. Give him time and space enough and your O will work. LH tends to be a team you have to outscore. They rarely punt cause you never keep them far enough away from the sticks. Almost nobody stops them in four downs on a regular basis. That is the task set out for you.
That being said, I believe the LH club this year is not quite as good as last years. But last year they were the best in 3a. This year they still may be best in div2 and arguably at the top.

midline
12-01-2008, 02:02 PM
In order to beat a team with a win streak like Liberty Hill you will have to play as close to perfect as possible. No turnovers, score on the first possession of each half, stop them on the first possession of each half, put points on the board 100% of the time you get in the red zone (preferrably TDs). The ball will seem to bounce there way in crucial situations (that's usually what happens to GREAT teams). When it does - HANDLING ADVERSITY will be the other key component.

Bridgeport - what you have done in the past 13 weeks will not be the deciding factor in this football game. This game will hinge on what you did in offseason. Hopefully the emphasis of your foundation was discipline, character, and toughness. That's what it will take to beat Liberty Hill. JMO

good luck to both teams

Runnin Panther
12-01-2008, 02:05 PM
How many two way starters does Bridgeport have?

Sweetwater Red
12-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
One stop sure changed the Bridgeport/Monahans game. :doh: :doh:

:clap: :D :clap:

Ranger Mom
12-01-2008, 02:08 PM

That is why we play 4 quarters of balls. LOTS of games look pretty evenly matched at halftime (example, Greenwood and Sweetwater were tied up at the half)...but then the 2nd half rolls around and, if they are lucky, halftime adjustments are made....that is when the games are won or lost, IMO!

But what do I know?:p

Bullaholic
12-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
How many two way starters does Bridgeport have?

Practically none. We may put in a WR at DB to help out on passing situations if we are playing a passing team. Other than that we are pretty much 2 separate platoons.

turtletank2009
12-01-2008, 02:10 PM
you havent even been on here for a whole month do you not understand people are on here to talk football, not to talk crap?
I havent been on here? just because it states i have 10 posts? wow! i have been talking football. where have you been

16 4ever
12-01-2008, 02:38 PM
After watching a disappointing defeat at the hands of Bridgeport on Friday, I needed another football fix and decided to make the long trip to Brownwood and see the Slot T in person.

Pretty much grind it out football on steroids. Perfectly designed to play keep away.

LH obviously runs it to perfection. Very sound line play with quickness in the backfield that will make you pay if not prepared.

Bridgeport does have the defense to stay with LH. Playing against the Slot T and Wing T back to back should have prepared them for this test. The key will be to stay disciplined with their reads. Whatever defensive call is made in the huddle BP will have to stay with. There is no time for adjustments once LH breaks the huddle. They average 2 to 3 seconds at the most from time they break until the snap.

LH defense is very similar to Bridgeport’s. Their LB #14 is a hoss that can take over a game. They will swarm to the ball with better than average speed.

My take is…..If the BP QB comes back at full speed he could very well be the deciding factor. With the downfield threat as well as his mobility it should give LH a run for their money.

Bridgeport 38
LH 35

slpybear the bullfan
12-01-2008, 02:39 PM
do you not understand people are on here to talk football, not to talk crap?

LOL... yeah, but crap = smack talk and that is about all most want to do on here. It gets really BOOOOOOOOOOORRRRING.

OrangeChamps
12-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Both teams have good offenses that have proven themselves. Game will be decided by which team has the better defense. If the Bulls don't turn the ball over I think they have a shot. If they do LH pulls away in 2nd half.

Liberty Hill - 35
Bridgeport - 31

DaHop72
12-01-2008, 02:40 PM
LOL... yeah, but crap = smack talk and that is about all most want to do on here. It gets really BOOOOOOOOOOORRRRING. Any word on the Green brothers??

Keystonepride
12-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by 8HR
Speaking of the LH defense here are some interesting stats:

LH has given up over 300 yards in four games this year. 3 of the four came during the first four weeks of the season.

Even more specific...

2 of those 3 teams the LH beat are still alive for State Titles...Giddings and Abilene Wylie and both of those wins were on the road

The other one, Brownwood, managed to drop 7 TDs on the Panthers...They are possibly the best passing offense in the state.....and the Panthers still won that game....not a good Omen for the spread offense of Bridgeport....also a great majority of those yards and TD's were due to the size difference of the Brownwood WR's (Two 6'4" and one little quick one) and the Liberty Hill DB's.....

Does Bridgeport have Two 6"4" WR's and a Div 1 QB?

The secondary of LH and front 7 have developed greatly since then....I think this one stays close early but LH opens it up in the second half.

Libery Hill 38
B-Port 17

Daddy D 11
12-01-2008, 02:42 PM

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with Sweetwater. Thanks for chiming in though:)

Stownhorse
12-01-2008, 02:42 PM

Give credit where credit is due. And you need to give up that 'holier than thou' air. It wont get you anywhere.

And turtle, I havent seen one post from you that hasnt made me feel dumber for reading it.

turtletank2009
12-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by 16 4ever
After watching a disappointing defeat at the hands of Bridgeport on Friday, I needed another football fix and decided to make the long trip to Brownwood and see the Slot T in person.

Pretty much grind it out football on steroids. Perfectly designed to play keep away.

LH obviously runs it to perfection. Very sound line play with quickness in the backfield that will make you pay if not prepared.

Bridgeport does have the defense to stay with LH. Playing against the Slot T and Wing T back to back should have prepared them for this test. The key will be to stay disciplined with their reads. Whatever defensive call is made in the huddle BP will have to stay with. There is no time for adjustments once LH breaks the huddle. They average 2 to 3 seconds at the most from time they break until the snap.

LH defense is very similar to Bridgeport’s. Their LB #14 is a hoss that can take over a game. They will swarm to the ball with better than average speed.

My take is…..If the BP QB comes back at full speed he could very well be the deciding factor. With the downfield threat as well as his mobility it should give LH a run for their money.

Bridgeport 38
LH 35

tell me more about bridgeports qb. i watched him against llano, and he looked average. im my opinion he threw alot of ducks when it came to throwing down field but.... tell me more about him please..

falcon66
12-01-2008, 02:44 PM
We played both and it should be a great game. I believe Bridgeport has a small advantage on offense with alot of speed and weapons, Hill is methodical and posesses a great oline. The difference will be defense, the Hill has a much better defense than Bridgeport. These are my opinions, so take it for what it is worth.

L. Hill 35
Bridgeport 14

slpybear the bullfan
12-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Any word on the Green brothers??
So far the word is decent. Won't know for sure until game time gets closer.

Or, we could be sandbagging.

Or, we could be lying.

;)

turtletank2009
12-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Give credit where credit is due. And you need to give up that 'holier than thou' air. It wont get you anywhere.

And turtle, I havent seen one post from you that hasnt made me feel dumber for reading it.
well im sorry for u feeling dumb?

DaHop72
12-01-2008, 02:47 PM
So far the word is decent. Won't know for sure until game time gets closer.

Or, we could be sandbagging.

Or, we could be lying.

;) :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: Or you could PM me.:D

slpybear the bullfan
12-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by midline
In order to beat a team with a win streak like Liberty Hill you will have to...

Bridgeport - what you have done in the past 13 weeks will not be the deciding factor in this football game...

LOL... sorry, just thought that was funny.

In reality it was a good post you made.

Stownhorse
12-01-2008, 02:49 PM
well im sorry for u feeling dumb?

likewise my friend.

Daddy D 11
12-01-2008, 02:49 PM
:clap: :clap: :thumbsup: Or you could PM me.:D

And then you could PM me :devil: :p

DaHop72