What about em?

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2008, 01:08 AM
Great O...TERRIBLE D

t-bird
11-30-2008, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
What about em?

Just wanted to see what people's thoughts about them were.

t-bird
11-30-2008, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Great O...TERRIBLE D

Idk if you have to have that great of D if your O scorers 60 pts. a game.

CueroDad08
11-30-2008, 01:12 AM
ESPN really thinks The LONGHORNS need to be there, Not OU

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2008, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by t-bird

except when they cant score that 60..sorry but a great team has to at least be average on one side of the ball if great on the other and OU imo is not an average D, they are a terrible D

JR2004
11-30-2008, 01:15 AM
Let's see...My opinion of OU is pretty close to what Herbstreit said today during and after the game. They're extremely hot right now offensively. I honestly don't know how Muschamp's defense held those guys to 35 points, but he's worth every penny for doing it.

Defensively, well, OU is horrific right now. That about sums up that side of the ball.

WHS02
11-30-2008, 01:17 AM
Heck yea BOOMER SOONER!!! Are you talking about the great Defense that texas has played? The same Texas that got beat in the last minute and some odd seconds by TT!!Oklahoma all the way.

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2008, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by WHS02
Heck yea BOOMER SOONER!!! Are you talking about the great Defense that texas has played? The same Texas that got beat in the last minute and some odd seconds by TT!!Oklahoma all the way.

I am sorry this post makes no sense

Texas is a better D than OU..cannot even begin to argue that one

OU has maybe the worst D of a top 5 team in the last 40 years

NastySlot
Originally posted by CueroDad08
ESPN really thinks The LONGHORNS need to be there, Not OU

no way is the same espn that loves usc so much....they're actually giving the horns credit??????what will the horn fans say about espn now?

t-bird
I don't think its that OU's defense horrible, as much as it is that they're playing some of the best offenses in the nation. If they were a horrible defense then Tech would have scored more than 21 points on them.

NastySlot
11-30-2008, 01:22 AM
I don't think its that OU's defense horrible, as much as it is that they're playing some of the best offenses in the nation. If they were a horrible defense then Tech would have scored more than 21 points on them.

thats a very good point...and the last tech t.d was trash points.

WHS02
11-30-2008, 01:23 AM
every team gets better later in the season. If texas was to play Osu they might have got served the 41 points also ya never know.

t-bird
11-30-2008, 01:27 AM
I think OU's D is capable of doing what they have to do to win, which when your offense scores 61 points may not look impressive if you give up 41. Point is, they still won the game.

NastySlot
11-30-2008, 01:30 AM
I think OU's D is capable of doing what they have to do to win, which when your offense scores 61 points may not look impressive if you give up 41. Point is, they still won the game.

i think some in this post aren't giving the cowboy offense and kids enough credit.....i think they were 9-2 with some talent.

t-bird
11-30-2008, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
i think some in this post aren't giving the cowboy offense and kids enough credit.....i think they were 9-2 with some talent.

You right.

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2008, 01:45 AM

OU D gave up 35 points to K-State..28 Points to Nebraska..28 points to A&M..31 points to Kansas

only Kansas of those have what would be called a good O

NastySlot
11-30-2008, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
OU D gave up 35 points to K-State..28 Points to Nebraska..28 points to A&M..31 points to Kansas

only Kansas of those have what would be called a good O

you also make a good point...but...if i can remember right the only game with the teams mentioned that was even close at half time was kansas game....the k-state game was 55-28 at half.....a&m i believe scored once on a kickoff return.......and ou defense like all those of the big xii give up big plays....long td passes....fact is texas does have probably the best defense in the conference...but this really isn't a conference known for it's defense.

NastySlot
11-30-2008, 02:09 AM
you also make a good point...but...if i can remember right the only game with the teams mentioned that was even close at half time was kansas game....the k-state game was 55-28 at half.....a&m i believe scored once on a kickoff return.......and ou defense like all those of the big xii give up big plays....long td passes....fact is texas does have probably the best defense in the conference...but this really isn't a conference known for it's defense.

also another sad fact is the two best teams in the conference play in the same division.

Gobbla2001
11-30-2008, 02:13 AM
OU defense did a damn job against Tech, that's the only reason I won't call their D horrible... but it seems to me Texas has the better of the two... not because I'm a homer, just saying that's what it seems like to me...

NastySlot
11-30-2008, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
OU defense did a damn job against Tech, that's the only reason I won't call their D horrible... but it seems to me Texas has the better of the two... not because I'm a homer, just saying that's what it seems like to me...

i agree texas does have the better of the two.....not a horn fan or hater..but i think the horns problem was early they tended to be a second half team...worked well for them against ou but not against tech....they were awful in the first half against tech...and really not much better in the second half.....questionable punt return ( i thought i saw two blocks in back) and a busted coverage by tech for a long t.d.

Gobbla2001
11-30-2008, 02:22 AM
and a busted coverage by tech for a long t.d.

those things usually do factor into scoring, winning and losing ha...

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2008, 02:24 AM
i agree texas does have the better of the two.....not a horn fan or hater..but i think the horns problem was early they tended to be a second half team...worked well for them against ou but not against tech....they were awful in the first half against tech...and really not much better in the second half.....questionable punt return ( i thought i saw two blocks in back) and a busted coverage by tech for a long t.d.

busted coverage or not it was still a 91 yard TD pass

never been a fan of ..team A played great D EXCEPT for a long pass or run..those plays still count in the game

Ttech won the first half of that game..Texas won the 2nd half..difference was TTech won their half just a little bit more

NastySlot
11-30-2008, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
those things usually do factor into scoring, winning and losing ha...

got that right......sad thing about this mess someday there will be a playoff in college football and the teams of this season (as well as some others)...more so will miss out.........this would have been a great year for a playoff.

Gobbla2001
11-30-2008, 02:33 AM
got that right......sad thing about this mess someday there will be a playoff in college football and the teams of this season (as well as some others)...more so will miss out.........this would have been a great year for a playoff.

I hope you're right about the first part, and I agree on the last...

I forget if it was versus or whatever channel, but they showed an 8 team bracket of the top 8 bcs team had the playoffs began today...

WOWWWW... tell me that wouldn't have been soooo sweet...

slingshot
11-30-2008, 04:17 AM
How 'bout them Sooners, folks!? How 'bout them getting crushed and embarrased by Florida in the NC game... bank on it. Sponge Bob Bowl Flop won't disappoint... just look at his bowl record over the last 7 years. At least Texas would of had a shot. :rolleyes:

bobcat1
11-30-2008, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by slingshot
How 'bout them getting crushed and embarrased by Florida in the NC game... bank on it. Sponge Bob Bowl Flop won't disappoint... just look at his bowl record over the last 7 years. At least Texas would of had a shot. :rolleyes: Florida looked awesome yesterday in a pouring rain. I was really impressed with Tebow yesterday. That dude is a hoss!. Seems almost unfair. I saw him make a tackle on a turnover and he almost jarred he ball loose hitting the LB from FL State that hard. They have team speed over Texas or Oklahoma in my opinion. Texas certainly couldn't hang. Oklahoma's offense might be able to do so. Florida has one little hurdle in Alabama to overcome and Oklahoma has to get by Missouri. Then the stage will be set for a great game.

augie97
11-30-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Florida looked awesome yesterday in a pouring rain. I was really impressed with Tebow yesterday. That dude is a hoss!. Seems almost unfair. I saw him make a tackle on a turnover and he almost jarred he ball loose hitting the LB from FL State that hard. They have team speed over Texas or Oklahoma in my opinion. Texas certainly couldn't hang. Oklahoma's offense might be able to do so. Florida has one little hurdle in Alabama to overcome and Oklahoma has to get by Missouri. Then the stage will be set for a great game.

Great Game, yeah right, like the mentioned above Oklahoma couldn't even come close to matching the speed and the talent of the Florida Gators, not to mention the lack of effort from their special teams. OU vs Florida equals bad television, bad BCS championship game and a rout. Let Bradford see the pass rush of the Gators. You still can't throw touchdowns from your back.

VAMike
11-30-2008, 09:26 AM

To quote something we pound into official's heads during training..."If you THOUGHT you saw a foul, you did NOT!"

Point is that to be a foul it has to be obvious and not "close".

Looking4number8
11-30-2008, 09:29 AM

Us Brownwood people (and 7 of the teams that played us) can tell you the answer to that question.

OU must play better defense to win it all!

t-bird
11-30-2008, 12:01 PM
If Florida is that much better, then why did they lose to Ole Miss?

slingshot
11-30-2008, 12:06 PM
If Florida is that much better, then why did they lose to Ole Miss? Then why did ou lose to Texas ON A NEUTRAL FIELD!

t-bird
11-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
Then why did ou lose to Texas ON A NEUTRAL FIELD!

Because Texas is a good team. Idk what Florida's excuse is.

Emerson1
11-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Texas would score 60 points a game too if there D was complete crap like OUs.

t-bird
11-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Texas would score 60 points a game too if there D was complete crap like OUs.

No. Not necessarily.