View Full Version : RIII/RIV Semis: LaVega MODOC Pirates vs. Cuero Gobblers

Pages : 1 [2]

JT44
12-05-2008, 03:59 PM
How about a sign that says "lock'em up defense"

JT44
12-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Yup. Although that first touchdown, Mike just flat out ran everyone to the end zone.

I the possibility of La Vega flat out running roughshod in this one. I think La Vega will win, but it will be close. But one slip up by Cuero and you can kiss this one goodbye.

yes the first td was flat out Hicks outrunning everyone, his speed was very surprising to everyone on the team and in the stands. but our qb threw his first int's of the season that game and the young man got a little rattled, combine that with a tough CS run defense, and cuero was in for a long nigt.

I think our offense's capability to take what the D gives is it's best attribute this year. Not relying on one player(s), and spreading the ball around for yards, not always looking for the big play

gobbler grad
12-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
crap I gotta go back to work for "hopefully another hour and a half... you guys better have some nice signage up before I get back...

I can't wait for Gobbla to come back...he is on a roll, LV...be ready fo some excitement tonight...:clap:

gobbler grad
12-05-2008, 04:19 PM
"MODOC: Made Our Division On Chances"

now that's funny, I don't care who you are...:clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 05:59 PM
"Thanksgiving was last week, you can stop with the stupid signs now"... 'cos I know there will be a few "ew yay, we're gunna eat some turkey rah rah" signs....

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 06:00 PM
"Waco LV: We Ain't Coming Out aLiVe"

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 06:02 PM
"Leave it all out on the field, 'cos you won't need to take it home for basketball"

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 06:03 PM
"MmmmmmmMM, I'm hungry for some pirate"

ewww that sounds bad...

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 06:04 PM
"Piracy is illegal, you should all be ashamed" :mad:

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 06:08 PM
"Gas for the trip up to RR: $45.00... Ticket for the game: $8.00... Seeing Waco La Vega beat Cuero in the semi-finals? You better grab a snickers!"

44INAROW
12-05-2008, 06:29 PM
:clap: :clap: Gobbla
come on LV fans - join in the fun......... it will help the time pass;)

Mcguirk
12-05-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm pulling for a Cuero-Wylie rematch, though it's purely for selfish reasons. My company has scheduled a 4 day meeting next week in San Antonio including friday & saturday. If we play La Vega again there is no way I can make the game because it will be played too far north. My only hope to see the game is if we play Cuero and play somewhere farther south. Go Gobblers.......

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 07:03 PM
"Drive South a bit and help Keep Austin Weird"

Mcguirk
12-05-2008, 07:23 PM
"Drive South a bit and help Keep Austin Weird"
I love Austin, but it don't need my help to stay weird:)

Rabid Cougar
12-05-2008, 07:28 PM
It is JUST LaVega High School.

Not a Waco ISD school.

Not even in Waco.

Has nothing to do with Waco.

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
It is JUST LaVega High School.

Not a Waco ISD school.

Not even in Waco.

Has nothing to do with Waco.

From the school's website

"La Vega High School 555 North Loop 340. Waco, TX 76705"

most outside of that area refer to them as Waco La Vega... and I'm sure it's not because they are 80 miles away from Waco or anything...

Mean Green Fan
12-05-2008, 07:41 PM
La Vega is in Bellmead...a suburb of Waco.

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Mean Green Fan
La Vega is in Bellmead...a suburb of Waco.

I've been by the school... it's pretty much waco to me because I'm not from there...

Rabid Cougar
12-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Does being wrong make them right?

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Does being wrong make them right?

Huh? You just said they have nothing to do with Waco... their address is listed in Waco... apparently they have something to do with Waco... does that make you wrong? right!

I know that it's "technically" Bellmead, I've been there, trust me... but it's pretty much Waco to me and probably 99.9999% of the state...

I see what you're getting at, but you're pissin' on my fun with your technicalities...

Rabid Cougar
12-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Well I do apologize for pissing on your fun. At least I'm not pissing green cool aid.

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Well I do apologize for pissing on your fun. At least I'm not pissing green cool aid.

'least I'm not talkin' basketball :eek:

jambo67
12-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Gobbla2001 better tap the brakes a bit on the Cuero bandwagon. You dudes are facing a buzz-saw and one wrong step will get the Gobblers chewed to pieces, in the worst way. If a LV quick strike doesn't happen then a slow and agonizing power run game will suffocate you. Be cool and be calm and you just might win, maybe.

Rabid Cougar
12-05-2008, 08:06 PM
'least I'm not talkin' basketball :eek:
I'm not either. I refuse to. But you will be after tomorrow night.

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by jambo67
Gobbla2001 better tap the brakes a bit on the Cuero bandwagon. You dudes are facing a buzz-saw and one wrong step will get the Gobblers chewed to pieces, in the worst way. If a LV quick strike doesn't happen then a slow and agonizing power run game will suffocate you. Be cool and be calm and you just might win, maybe.

Hey man, I'm just trying to have fun here... aint gotta tap the brakes on anything, I'm about 50/50 on who'll win this game personally... you guys need to stop drinking the "oh crap, I forgot how to laugh and have fun" kool-aid and open up a can of Sensa Huma...

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm not either. I refuse to. But you will be after tomorrow night.

ewww... good comeback...

hey, so if a school's own website has their address listed in Waco, would that mean they have atleast SOMETHING to do with Waco? or are you ignoring the facts 'cos you don't like me or Cuero?

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Okay guys... I was just trying to start a bit of fun on a thread that has been pretty non-eventful.. usually there's pretty good arguement/laughter going on back and forth but no one seems to wanna play... there wasn't even ONE poster on this board from our last opponent...

BUTTTTTTTTT... I guess I'll stop posting :(

KingRob
12-05-2008, 08:12 PM
It's going to be a great game, and I'm going to stay up all night to listen to it!

Survey says:

Cuero - 26
La Vega - 21

LET'S GO CUERO!!!
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Sure do wish I could be there. I always get homesick this time of the year!!

jambo67
12-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Gobbla, I am having fun here. I think this is the best time of the year. Some good clean smack talk is what this site is all about. Goodluck. But the smack don't stop here!

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Gobbla, I am having fun here. I think this is the best time of the year. Some good clean smack talk is what this site is all about. Goodluck. But the smack don't stop here!

Good, that's what I wanna hear...

buff4ever
12-05-2008, 08:18 PM
If I have told yall this before I am not sure but Cuero wins this game

44INAROW
12-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
If I have told yall this before I am not sure but Cuero wins this game

I am listening to the pre-game show between Giddings and Bellville on the webcast and I hope I get to hear the Giddings Buffs win........;)

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I am listening to the pre-game show between Giddings and Bellville on the webcast and I hope I get to hear the Giddings Buffs win........;)

always liked Giddings... used to talk back and forth with one of their old school posters on here... nice fella...

buff4ever
12-05-2008, 08:23 PM
can you post the link to the webcast or where did you get it

KingRob
GO MEAN GREEN!!!

Gobbla2001
Originally posted by buff4ever
can you post the link to the webcast or where did you get it

44 just posted it on the game thread...

jambo67
12-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Every year an old power meets a new and up-and-coming power. The old school eventually gives up the tradition and has to start over. This will be the year LV establishes themselves dominant over the two regions enroute to a Title chance.

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 08:33 PM
The old school eventually gives up the tradition and has to start over.

gives up the tradition... nope... haven't since we got it... sure a bad year here and there... but it never leaves...

jambo67
12-05-2008, 08:35 PM
It doesn't just fade away. It gets taken.

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 08:36 PM
It doesn't just fade away. It gets taken.

well someone's about 38 years late on taking it...

jambo67
12-05-2008, 08:41 PM
It's been taken away many times. But what makes your program so special is you just keep rebuilding and coming back for more. Cuero is a unique program, even for Texas High School football. A very tradition rich team.

HM33
12-05-2008, 09:45 PM
The thing is Cuero is ALWAYS coming back. most dont. So maybe we get beat, but I promise we WILL be back. The other team is iffy if they have a chance of being back. BUT CUERO WILL ALWAYS BE AROUND KNOCKIN' HEADS :)

gobbler grad
12-05-2008, 09:47 PM
pep rally was loud and everyone was yelling...

GO MEAN GREEN

Them gobblers on the warpath...and them pirates will know when the gobblers enter the stadium...:clap: :clap:

GO MEAN GREEN... :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

44INAROW
12-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
pep rally was loud and everyone was yelling...

GO MEAN GREEN

Them gobblers on the warpath...and them pirates will know when the gobblers enter the stadium...:clap: :clap:

GO MEAN GREEN... :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

GO MEAN GREEN

Rabid Cougar
12-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Okay guys... I was just trying to start a bit of fun on a thread that has been pretty non-eventful.. usually there's pretty good arguement/laughter going on back and forth but no one seems to wanna play... there wasn't even ONE poster on this board from our last opponent...

BUTTTTTTTTT... I guess I'll stop posting :(

HOW can anyone talk smack about a forgone conclusion? It is obvious that EVERYONE on this board is picking Cuero to win.

Mean Green Fan
12-05-2008, 10:02 PM
HOW can anyone talk smack about a forgone conclusion? It is obvious that EVERYONE on this board is picking Cuero to win.

Look at the votes...Not Everyone

jambo67
12-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Not me. I subscribe to the Mike Tyson philosophy. "Everybody has a plan until they get smashed in the mouth." LeVaga is rearing back right now with a huge hay-maker. Better get your guard up!

gobbler grad
12-05-2008, 10:04 PM

yeah, looks like 46 on here don't like us...:( how can 46 wish the gobblers a loss...:(

Gobbla2001
12-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
yeah, looks like 46 on here don't like us...:( how can 46 wish the gobblers a loss...:(

46 people musta been backstage with willie pre-vote...

Mean Green Fan
12-06-2008, 03:36 AM
Proud defense keeps La Vega Pirates' ship afloat

Saturday, December 06, 2008

By Jason Orts

Tribune-Herald staff writer

If the ability to overcome adversity is the meaning of character, then the La Vega defense showed it has plenty of it in the Pirates’ 34-28 overtime win over Navasota.

La Vega was facing one of the most explosive offensive teams in the state that featured running back Dexter Pratt, an LSU commit, and wide receiver Brandal Jackson, a Texas A&M commit, leading the way. And that doesn’t include quarterback Jacolby Stokes, who is equally effective throwing and running.

That offense produced some big plays, the biggest of which was a 43-yard improvised hook-and-lateral on which Pratt was wrapped up and on his way down but was able to flip the ball to Jackson, who did the rest on a 45-yard touchdown that tied the game with 17 seconds left.

Danzel Wilson (4) not only leads La Vega as its quarterback, he is an important presence in the Pirates' secondary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

La Vega coach Willie Williams said the state semifinal is "uncharted territory for us. ... We want to get that state championship."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“When you’re playing against a team as explosive as Navasota, they’re going to get theirs,” La Vega coach Willie Williams said. “You’re not going to stop them, but you try to keep them from making big plays. They still made a couple of big plays on us, but that’s to be expected.”

But La Vega didn’t get a reputation for having one of the best defenses in the area for nothing. The Pirates might have been stunned, but they weren’t dropped to the canvas.

They won the overtime coin toss, elected to play defense, and cornerback Daxton Swanson made the play of the game — and perhaps the season — stepping in front of wide receiver Gaston Lamascus to make his second interception of the game.

“I was just thinking we had to stop them by any means possible (in overtime),” Swanson said. “I just pretend I’m playing receiver (when I see the ball coming my way). Most importantly, I try to keep the offensive player from making the catch, but if I can make a play on it, I’m going to go for it.”

That set up La Vega to score the winning touchdown, a one-yard run by quarterback Danzel Wilson, sending the Pirates into the state semifinals against Cuero today.

It was also sweet payback for Swanson, who tried to jump a hitch-and-go in the third quarter, only to watch Jackson get behind him and catch a 30-yard touchdown pass.

And it was no surprise Swanson made the big play.

The senior cornerback is tied for the area lead with seven interceptions this season and is one of the cornerstones of a defense that has allowed only 12 points per game this season despite being often forced to cover the opponent’s best receiver man-to-man.

“He’s our shutdown corner,” Williams said. “He has great athleticism, great speed, great ball skills and instincts, so if they throw at him enough, he’s going to pick it.”

Swanson and the rest of the La Vega defense face a similar, yet completely different, challenge against Cuero.

While both teams have the ability to run and throw, the Gobblers’ philosophy is more like La Vega’s. They want to pound the ball on the ground, hoping to open up opportunities in the passing game, and will only spread the field occasionally.

“If they get their running game going, they like to go to the play-action pass,” Williams said. “They’ve got a great quarterback (Tyler Arndt) with a heck of an arm and two good receivers (Robert Armstrong and Isaiah Glover) that have a lot of speed and can get behind you in the secondary, so we’ve got to keep that from happening.”

Williams said the Pirates will load the box and try to keep the Gobblers, especially freshman Trent Jackson, who had 1,209 yards and 17 touchdowns in the regular season and hasn’t slowed down at all in the playoffs, from getting the running game going.

That means the Pirates will be expecting big things from a defensive line that includes standout seniors in tackle Tim Kemp and end Walter Turner, as well as juniors in tackle Joe Davila and end Jose Fajardo.

When asked what makes the defensive line successful, Williams said, “You have to start with Timmy Kemp. He’s our best defensive tackle and a three-year starter. Then you have Walter Turner, who has great speed and athleticism. They all complement each other well.”

Kemp not only gets the recognition from his coach, but from opposing offensive lines who often double-team him. And Kemp has no problem with that.

“If I’m getting double-teamed, it means three of my teammates are being single-teamed and one of them is going to make the play,” he said.

A solid defensive line and senior leadership in the secondary with Swanson, Wilson and safety Reco Pardue, allowed the Pirates time to break in three new linebackers this season. C.J. Willis, Joe Stevens and Kenneth Coleman, who has started the last two weeks, have come together and helped solidify the Pirates’ defense.

In two playoff games before last week, the Pirates were absolutely dominant. They allowed Brownsboro seven points and limited Tyler Chapel Hill to eight. All told, the Pirates have surrendered 14 points or less to nine of their 13 opponents this season.

The reason for the Pirates’ success is simple, Kemp said.

“Everybody knows what to do, and we have faith in one another,” he said. “We know the person next to us is going to do his job, so we worry about doing our job. We work a lot on lining up correctly to the offense and making sure we do things right and communicate with one another.”

The defense has definitely had a big hand in getting the Pirates where they are, and they have no intention of stopping now.

“This is uncharted territory for us,” Williams said. “But you’ve got to keep your goal in sight, and right now it’s on the ring. We want to get that state championship.”

jorts@wacotrib.com

Mean Green Fan
12-06-2008, 03:38 AM
While both teams have the ability to run and throw, the Gobblers’ philosophy is more like La Vega’s. They want to pound the ball on the ground, hoping to open up opportunities in the passing game, and will only spread the field occasionally.

Well not quite....Cuero is more balanced.

gobbler grad
12-06-2008, 06:03 AM
for my 4700 post, i would like to say ...

GO MEAN GREEN :clap: :clap:

and were proud of you guys...so let's go out and play our best and see what happens...good luck tonight to both teams...

Gobblers head to semifinal

BY MIKE FORMAN - MFORMAN@VICAD.COM

December 05, 2008 - 11:36 p.m.

Cuero is an old hand at going deep into the playoffs, but each postseason is a new experience.

"It usually comes down to who makes the biggest plays and who doesn't make the mistakes," senior Jake Rangnow said. "This year feels the same as it has in years past, but in a way it's different. We've had the same test every year. We get almost there and we can't get over the hill. All we're talking about this time is getting over it."

The Gobblers (11-1) will make their fourth semifinal appearance in five years when they meet Waco La Vega (11-2) in a Class 3A, Division I game Saturday at 7 p.m. at Round Rock ISD Stadium.

Cuero has come up short in three of its previous four trips to the semifinals, including last year's 37-14 loss to China Spring.

The Gobblers turned the ball over four times and had three breakdowns in the secondary that resulted in touchdown passes.

"We found out that one mistake or two or anything like that can end your season," senior Jennings Boothe said. "It's got to be our emphasis this year. We can't make mistakes and we can't allow the big play."

La Vega has shown the ability to make the big play and drive the ball this season.

The Pirates' only losses came to Abilene Wylie (22-20) , which will play Prosper in Saturday's other Division I semifinal, and to Lorena (20-13) in their final District 17-3A game.

La Vega captured a 42-7 bi-district win over Brownsboro, a 56-8 regional win over Tyler Chapel Hill, and defeated Navasota 34-28 in overtime in the quarterfinals.

"They play good defense. This will be the best team we've played," Cuero coach Mark Reeve said. "They've got a big offensive line. They're huge. One guard is about 360 and the other is about 315."

The Gobblers have won eight straight since losing to La Vernia (21-6), including a 47-22 bi-district win over Somerset, a 56-24 regional victory over Sealy, and a 55-13 quarterfinal win over La Feria.

Cuero has been balanced on offense, rushing for 3,153 yards and passing for 2,141 yards, and stingy on defense, yielding an average of 241 yards and 13 points per game.

Cuero quarterback Tyler Arndt has passed for 2,095 yards and 24 touchdowns, and running back Trent Jackson, who missed the last two games with a hip flexor but is expected to play, has rushed for 1,332 yards and 19 touchdowns.

"I think we've got that feeling that this is the perfect team we could ever ask for," Boothe said. "We have all the weapons you could ever want and all the characteristics to do anything. I think this is the team we need."

A win would put Cuero in the championship game for the 11th time and the first time since 2004 when it lost to Abilene Wylie in the Division I final.

"The more times you have a chance to be in this situation, it obviously helps you," Reeve said. "These kind of games are about fighting for each other. For us, it's about staying together for another week, and everybody playing their best football game."

NOTES: Cuero will be the visitor...Tickets at the gate will be $10...The game will be broadcast on KBAR, 100.9 FM in Victoria.

TAMUGRAD
12-06-2008, 07:18 AM
Well, it's finally game day. This has been the longest week.

I'm too excited to sleep, so I guess I'll make something to take to the tailgating.

Let's go out and play our best game, mistake free, and injury free.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!

Gobbla2001
12-06-2008, 09:21 AM

Well not quite....Cuero is more balanced.

That was interesting quote to me as well... I've seen a lot of games where Cuero's first play is a bomb down the sideline... or drives where they'll use the pass to open up the run...

I think our stats may be misleading (3,000+ yards rushing, 2,000+ yards passing)...

I honestly believe had it not been for Trent Jackson coming in and scoring every time he's handed the freakin' ball, Arndt would be at or over 3,000 yards through the air right now...

if those are his true thoughts on our offense, I am VERY interested in seeing what Reeve does with the LV D that tries to stop that strategy that quite frankly, I don't see existing...

just me...

but either way, we've got to make some stops on the D... this is a hell of an offense, a damn good defense and will be a damn fine game I think...

Gobbla2001
12-06-2008, 09:26 AM

and two good receivers (Robert Armstrong and Isaiah Glover) that have a lot of speed and can get behind you in the secondary, so we’ve got to keep that from happening.”

UH OHHHHHHH :eek: :eek:

Call your bro HM33, let him know he aint gettin' no lovvvvvvin'

Cowboy_Up
12-06-2008, 09:59 AM
I've seen Cuero 4 times this year.

Their offense will be just fine. IMO, they put their most talented athletes on the offensive side of the ball. I expect them to score 35+.

Their defense flies to the ball, and gang tackles well, but I'm not impressed with their secondary. They are prone to giving up the big play, either thru the air or poor tackling. With the talent LV brings, you'd expect them to pop a few big ones, but more than 2 50yd+ plays and I think the gobblers are in trouble, because LV can also grind it out.

The Cuero D doesn't have to pitch a shutout as their O will put up points, but they need a stop or two each quarter. They do that, and the gobblers roll on.

gobbler grad
12-06-2008, 11:28 AM
loading up and fixing to head out...few stops on the way, but everyone travelling today , please be safe to and from whatever game you attend...good luck to all teams playing and let's go have some fun...:clap: :clap:

see you GOBBLER fans in RoundRock...

GO MEAN GREEN

44INAROW
12-06-2008, 11:48 AM
For you Gobbler fans havin anxiety before the game - go check out the gobblersports.com site - it's been updated this morning and it will get your juices flowing ;)

PS we don't need no stinking tunnel - (check out the site and you'll understand) :)

bobcat1
12-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Good luck to my Cuero Friends!:2thumbsup :2thumbsup

KingRob
12-06-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm going crazy over here! Hurry up already, I can't wait until the game!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

LET'S GO CUERO!!!

Gobbla2001
12-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
over here!

just go out and get ya some of that good beer...

KingRob
12-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Tempting....but if I drink I get sleepy, and there is still 440 minutes until kickoff! The wife wants to watch a movie, but I'm just too pumped up to sit still. I think I'll go for a short walk in the woods. So Gobbla2001, you going to the game?

KingRob
12-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Wave the flag for Cuero High!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgzSGqTNoR4

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

44INAROW
12-06-2008, 01:14 PM
King Rob - you gonna do updates? I'll be at the game - but it's always nice to come back and read the updates ;) We're planning on leaving @ 3:00 - that is provided Mr44 doesn't have a total meltdown before - he's been working on the outside lights since 8:30 am - he'll check each and every bulb in the string - plug them in and they work - puts them up and BAM - they don't work. we have lots of those pointy gable/eave thingys so it's not a straight roof line - it's just frustrating....... and to make matters worse - Victoria is sold out of the replacements he needs :doh: I am so glad we have a game to go to :p

speaking of the game........

GO MEAN GREEN GATA :)

LHexPlayer
12-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Today's the day Gobblers. Take it to em and show LV how to play some football. GO MEAN GREEN

rockdale80
12-06-2008, 02:11 PM
I am going to the game. Anyone else going to be there. I am too lazy to look for a link for the m&g...if there is even going to be one. I dont think there are many LV posters on here.

Gobbla2001
12-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I am going to the game. Anyone else going to be there. I am too lazy to look for a link for the m&g...if there is even going to be one. I dont think there are many LV posters on here.

there may be one behind the scoreboard on the sidewalk at halftime... not toooooo suuurrre if that's still going on or not, but Cuero folk are always game, we'll be around there I'm sure...

KingRob
12-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Yes, I'll be doing updates! Tell Mr. 44 to let those lights be and get ready! I sure do wish I could go. I think the wife is sick of me talking about it, but son is out and about, so I have no one else to talk to! Thank God for the DL!!

Be Safe, and do some hollering for me! Take Pics! Hopefully SFIA will take more short videos and post like he did for the La Feria game. THANKS SFIA!

LET'S GO CUERO!!!

jambo67
12-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Godspeed Cuero! I posted some smack with Gobbla but that was just to get him riled. Sorry, but it was entertaining for me to imagine his anticipation for the game getting out of control, I hope the clock to gametime slowed to a crawl, it was all in fun. The trophy case at Cuero has got to be one of the biggest in the State, I hope you have to make room for another.

mwynn05
12-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
LV by 3 or 4 touchdowns...wont be close hate to say i told you say...now what were you trying to tell me earlier this week hm33? don't question me i know my football

JR2004
12-06-2008, 10:41 PM
hate to say i told you say...now what were you trying to tell me earlier this week hm33? don't question me i know my football

Well it was 21 all after three quarters as Cuero came back from 21-7 down at the half. Just a huge 4th quarter for MODOC.

HM33
12-07-2008, 01:03 AM
hate to say i told you say...now what were you trying to tell me earlier this week hm33? don't question me i know my football

LOL, rrriiiggghhtttt.....

Anyways, LV had a good game and so did the gobblers. The Gobblers this year were a momentum team and that just hurt them. They thrived off of it and if it wasn't there in the big games they came up short. The Defense looked pitiful. I can't believe the defensive game plan. It was not good, IMO. Could I have done better? probably not, but I know I wouldn't take my two tackles out of the play by diving at ankles. Thats just two less players on the D and it is considered a block on O. Just dumb.

LV offense had a good game. They pounded out the run and it worked very well against Cuero's arm tackling. Parr is a good back. Is he the best I have seen all year? NO. He did have a great game. Cuero couldn't tackle him like they did against all the other backs ,minus Downey, this year.

Great game and good luck at State. I wish I could go and watch. Would like to see Prosper play.

Good Season Gobblers!! HM6 had a good senior year, and only has bigger things to worry about now. BASEBALL!!!!! We will see everyone in the playoffs in the spring.

mwynn05
12-07-2008, 03:02 AM
lol yeah maybe im being a bit immature but you have to understand i have VERY LITTLE of that left

headhunter
12-07-2008, 03:08 AM
All good points HM33. If you are going to dive at their ankles you better make sure you take them out of the play and NOT let them block you linebackers down field. We just got abused up front!