If OSU could play defense just one series.:clap:

cr180t
11-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Great effort

shamu85
11-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
Great effort

By the OU gremlins! How many tipped passes is Grisham gonna catch tonight?

Nobody is playing defense.

eagles_victory
11-29-2008, 11:26 PM
Someone please inform Musberger USC is not already a lock for the Rose Bowl.

Bull's-eye
11-29-2008, 11:26 PM
Will a shootout win, say by 3 points, help or hurt Oklahoma in the BCS? Enough to get Texas in the Big 12 Championship?

NastySlot
11-29-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

19) Oregon 65
(17) Oregon St 38

i believe the pac10 and big10 tie still.

mchavez
11-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Texas needs OU to win by 7 or less. If OU if scores a field goal on this drive it's pretty much over.

shamu85
11-29-2008, 11:29 PM

Musberger, he's my favorite announcer:doh:

NastySlot
11-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Will a shootout win, say by 3 points, help or hurt Oklahoma in the BCS? Enough to get Texas in the Big 12 Championship?

texas had a tough time with osu at home....an ou win imo...bumps them ahead........but what about florida's win?

so who knows?

mchavez
11-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Hate to say it: OU scores a TD they jump Texas.

BTownVBall3
11-29-2008, 11:42 PM
Yet another Texas letdown..First Baylor losing a big lead, now OSU turning the ball over.

lbjacj
11-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Mack woulda took a knee:mad:

mchavez
11-29-2008, 11:44 PM
Of course Stoops runs it up!

Eagle 1
11-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
Mack woulda took a knee:mad:
Yea right.:rolleyes:

eagles_victory
11-29-2008, 11:47 PM
I wonder if Stopps dad or grand dad coached pee wee hockey in Minnesota?

Eagle 1
11-29-2008, 11:48 PM
"Mike Leach had a novel idea about how to break a possible three-way tie in the Big 12 South following No. 7 Texas Tech's 35-21 win against Baylor.

Forget the BCS and head-to-head matchups. Go to the report cards, Leach suggested.

They are STUDENT-athletes.

"I think they should break that three-way tie based on a graduation rate. I think the Big 12 conference should have an executive session tonight," the Texas Tech coach said Saturday. "And I think when they do that they will find that no one's more deserving than the Red Raiders to win Big 12 South."

Tech last month announced that an NCAA report showed its football team had a graduation rate of 79 percent to lead the Big 12. The NCAA report showed the football rate for Texas at 50 percent and Oklahoma at 46 percent - at the bottom of the Big 12.

The Red Raiders are really good on the field, too. "

Emerson1
11-29-2008, 11:50 PM
What is the significance of the numbers OU fans were holding?

lepfan
11-29-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by mchavez
Of course Stoops runs it up! Runs it up???

It's a ballgame...waaaa waaaa waaaa

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

DDBooger
11-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
Runs it up???

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D 45-35

eagles_victory
11-29-2008, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
"Mike Leach had a novel idea about how to break a possible three-way tie in the Big 12 South following No. 7 Texas Tech's 35-21 win against Baylor.

Forget the BCS and head-to-head matchups. Go to the report cards, Leach suggested.

"I think they should break that three-way tie based on a graduation rate. I think the Big 12 conference should have an executive session tonight," the Texas Tech coach said Saturday. "And I think when they do that they will find that no one's more deserving than the Red Raiders to win Big 12 South."

Tech last month announced that an NCAA report showed its football team had a graduation rate of 79 percent to lead the Big 12. The NCAA report showed the football rate for Texas at 50 percent and Oklahoma at 46 percent - at the bottom of the Big 12.

The Red Raiders are really good on the field, too. " Game was 35-28. Consider the number of players leaving early Texas and OU to go play in the NFL and factor those numbers I bet things get a lot closer.

lepfan
11-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
What is the significance of the numbers OU fans were holding? OU and Tech score and Texas and Tech scores...I think...if I saw the same thing you saw

mchavez
Runs it up???

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

45-35!!!

DDBooger
So Ok goes to the big 12 championship, UT goes to a bcs game, where does that leave Tech?

BreckTxLonghorn
11-29-2008, 11:55 PM

The Red Raiders are really good on the field, too. "

Unfair to schools who have athletes good enough to go to the NFL and doesn't take into affect said athletes who graduate a few years down the road.

eagles_victory
11-29-2008, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Unfair to schools who have athletes good enough to go to the NFL and doesn't take into affect said athletes who graduate a few years down the road. Also when you do that your looking at stuff that has happened in the past if you want to do that why dont you just make the tie breaker who had the better football team last year. Why punish UT and OU players for what guys in front of them did and reward Tech players who are yet to graduate.

lepfan
11-30-2008, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
45-35 Yes sir...that was the score of that game...just ONE game for the season!!! An important game, but not the ONLY game...be proud of THAT game you deserve it...but then look at the season...that puts things in perspective for me

Eagle 1
11-30-2008, 12:02 AM
Yes sir...that was the score of that game...just ONE game for the season!!! An important game, but not the ONLY game...be proud of THAT game you deserve it...but then look at the season...that puts things in perspective for me

Yea played at a neutral site.
Style points = BCS standings.
The way the BCS is setup teams have to win and win big just to get the necessary votes. There is no room for error. Home field advantage has really become an important factor.
Now having said that, I believe that OU and UT should have to play each other in Austin and Norman every other year.
By playing at a neutral site every year both teams are beating the odds by not having to play at the other teams home and the games are usually not one sided.

NastySlot
11-30-2008, 12:09 AM
The way the BCS is setup teams have to win and win big just to get the necessary votes. There is no room for error. Home field advantage has really become an important factor.
Now having said that, I believe that OU and UT should have to play each other in Austin and Norman every other year.
By playing at a neutral site every year both teams are beating the odds by not having to play at the other teams home and the games are usually not one sided.

i really think the bcs is set up so a team can lose early and still have a shot in the end.....ou lost early and then came back with a vengence..........style points...idk...about points scored running it up theres no style to that...but what ou did to tech with the score was style...cause it was total dominance and execution.....sort of like texas over a&m on thursday.

BreckTxLonghorn
11-30-2008, 12:10 AM

Tech and Oklahoma State are in preparations of doing the exact same thing in Jerryworld. Only thing not set are start dates.

Also, if anything, UT was home team this year in the RRS, so they effectively lost the home field advantage that would have come from playing a home/home. And no, we're not complaining, but it's a tradition that's been since before UT & OU were in the same conference.

EDIT: By having the games usually not one-sided, doesn't that usually hurt the winning team? Every argument that can be made for why it should go to home/home provides an equal argument showing why it doesn't really matter.

EDIT 2: Links for TTU/OKState game moving to Dallas.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/topstories/stories/040208dnspotechosu.3289a2b.html --showing agreement to move game to NEUTRAL site
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/112008dnspofinalfour.1ca859430.html - shows it's been moved to Jerryworld.

NastySlot
11-30-2008, 12:12 AM
Also when you do that your looking at stuff that has happened in the past if you want to do that why dont you just make the tie breaker who had the better football team last year. Why punish UT and OU players for what guys in front of them did and reward Tech players who are yet to graduate.

you're probably not old enough to remember the tie breaker for the southwest conference champion and the cotton bowl invite....it was head to head if it still couldn't break the tie then it came down to the team that hadn't been to the cotton bowl in the longest. wonder what the acc and sec do?

lepfan
11-30-2008, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
about points scored running it up theres no style to that...but what ou did to tech with the score was style...cause it was total dominance and execution.....sort of like texas over a&m on thursday. Well said...

Eagle 1
11-30-2008, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Tech and Oklahoma State are in preparations of doing the exact same thing in Jerryworld. Only thing not set are start dates.

Also, if anything, UT was home team this year in the RRS, so they effectively lost the home field advantage that would have come from playing a home/home. And no, we're not complaining, but it's a tradition that's been since before UT & OU were in the same conference.

EDIT: By having the games usually not one-sided, doesn't that usually hurt the winning team? Every argument that can be made for why it should go to home/home provides an equal argument showing why it doesn't really matter.

I havent heard anything about Tech and OSU doing the same thing but if they are then it only proves my point.
I understand its a traditional game but just saying home field advantage is a definate. Look what Tech did to OSU in Lubbock.

BreckTxLonghorn
11-30-2008, 12:24 AM
I havent heard anything about Tech and OSU doing the same thing but if they are then it only proves my point.
I understand its a traditional game but just saying home field advantage is a definate. Look what Tech did to OSU in Lubbock.

1) I edited my post above to show links for that. Sorry for not originally putting it in.
2) Tech & OSU are doing it for money. Just like aTm/Arkansas. I can see your point, but I still say that for every time a team gets a little easier time by not having to go to the other field, the opposing team gets it tougher by not having it home. Then the next year the roles reverse. However, each year you know that the team that won earned it. They had no natural advantage or disadvantage; they proved it on the field. IMO, it counts more than winning a measly home game. Of course, it counts less than winning an away game, but still, it's sort of an away game in its own right.

Emerson1
11-30-2008, 12:28 AM
OU and Tech score and Texas and Tech scores...I think...if I saw the same thing you saw
That might be the lamest thing ever

bobcat1
11-30-2008, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by mchavez
45-35!!! 39-33!!!:p

DDBooger
11-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
39-33!!!:p
21-65 lmao
That just looks horrible!
Crazy year, thanks BCS!

Emerson1
11-30-2008, 10:41 AM

bobcat1
11-30-2008, 11:42 AM
21-65 lmao
That just looks horrible!
Crazy year, thanks BCS!
No matter what you put up, it will still not cover up the 39-33. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

DDBooger
11-30-2008, 11:52 AM
No matter what you put up, it will still not cover up the 39-33. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D I'm sure it will comfort you in the Holiday Bowl, and 21-65 assured that lmao!!!!!:p

bobcat1
11-30-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm sure it will comfort you in the Holiday Bowl, and 21-65 assured that lmao!!!!!:p No Matter if UT wins the National Championship, there will always be the asterick 39-33 LMAO!

Emerson1
11-30-2008, 11:56 AM
No Matter if UT wins the National Championship, there will always be the asterick 39-33 LMAO!
No. If OU wins there will be the 45-35 asterisk. Texas Tech is irrelevant now, there is a reason they are the only one of the 3 who are not in the MNC picture anymore

bobcat1
11-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
No. If OU wins there will be the 45-35 asterisk. Texas Tech is irrelevant now, there is a reason they are the only one of the 3 who are not in the MNC picture anymore Not as far as Texas 2008 win loss record goes. It Goes: TTU 39 UT 33 forever and ever. Never to be erased. :D :p

Gobbla2001
11-30-2008, 11:58 AM
No Matter if UT wins the National Championship, there will always be the asterick 39-33 LMAO!

asterick?

let's say Celina wins it all this year... will there be an asterick because they didn't have a perfect season?

No, Celina will have won down the stretch when it mattered...

bobcat1
11-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
asterick?

let's say Celina wins it all this year... will there be an asterick because they didn't have a perfect season?

No, Celina will have won down the stretch when it mattered...

Kinda like Oklahoma?????

DDBooger
11-30-2008, 12:00 PM
No Matter if UT wins the National Championship, there will always be the asterick 39-33 LMAO! I'm sure Florida and LSU worry about asterisks the last couple years! :) oh well, San Diego is nice in December! ;)

Gobbla2001
11-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Kinda like Oklahoma?????

Exactly, like Oklahoma and Texas...

answer the question...

If Celina were to win state, would there be an astrick because the season wasn't perfect and they lost to 2A Dangerfield?

bobcat1
I'm sure Florida and LSU worry about asterisks the last couple years! :) oh well, San Diego is nice in December! ;) Are y'all headed to the Cotton again?

DDBooger
Kinda like Oklahoma????? is that your new bandwagon? ;) lmao

Gobbla2001
11-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Are y'all headed to the Cotton again?

UT's going to a BCS bowl pardna

bobcat1
11-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Exactly, like Oklahoma and Texas...

answer the question...

If Celina were to win state, would there be an astrick because the season wasn't perfect and they lost to 2A Dangerfield? Nobody mentioned Texas because Kansas and A&M ain't like Texas Tech and OSU right. And yes in Celina's mind their would be a huge asterisk there just as there will be in Colt and Mack's mind every time they see or think TTU, just like you, emerson and ddboogers do. :p

DDBooger
11-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Are y'all headed to the Cotton again? no silly that's the red river shootout:D you know the game Texas won. By the way not a Texas fan, just fun to see how much a person will hate one team rather than support theirs! :clap:

DDBooger
11-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Nobody mentioned Texas because Kansas and A&M ain't like Texas Tech and OSU right. And yes in Celina's mind their would be a huge asterisk there just as there will be in Colt and Mack's mind every time they see or think TTU, just like you, emerson and ddboogers do. :p nobody is thinking Tech lmao, not even you with all the OK endorsing you have been doing!

bobcat1
is that your new bandwagon? ;) lmao Anyone that can rain on Mack's parade other than his own tears. I don't bandwagon, I root against Texas Longhorns Football with Mack Brown coaching. If he retires, I will root for them again, but until then NFL Cowboys, NCAA Division 1 TTU, NCAA Division 2 Midwestern State University. High School Celina.

Gobbla2001
Nobody mentioned Texas because Kansas and A&M ain't like Texas Tech and OSU right. And yes in Celina's mind their would be a huge asterisk there just as there will be in Colt and Mack's mind every time they see or think TTU, just like you, emerson and ddboogers do. :p

Ohhh, but Baylor is like Tech and OU now? A team Texas didn't struggle with...

And NO, there would not be an asterisk on Celina... it's a season, not a game... that's why we have playoffs here, because we know teams progress and lessons are learned...

Celina would be the state champs, minus the *

bobcat1
11-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Ohhh, but Baylor is like Tech and OU now? A team Texas didn't struggle with...

And NO, there would not be an asterisk on Celina... it's a season, not a game... that's why we have playoffs here, because we know teams progress and lessons are learned...

Celina would be the state champs, minus the *
Who is Cuero's most hated rival?

DDBooger
11-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Anyone that can rain on Mack's parade other than his own tears. I don't bandwagon, I root against Texas Longhorns Football with Mack Brown coaching. If he retires, I will root for them again, but until then NFL Cowboys, NCAA Division 1 TTU, NCAA Division 2 Midwestern State University. High School Celina. did he wrong you? :thinking:

bobcat1
11-30-2008, 12:11 PM
did he wrong you? :thinking: Nope but he did a senior on his football team to play a "name" kid. Now they just stuck it to the same guy again. Applewhite ring a bell?

DDBooger
11-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Nope but he did a senior on his football team to play a "name" kid. Now they just stuck it to the same guy again. Applewhite ring a bell? gotcha, and yeah that was messed up. To each their own ;)

Gobbla2001
11-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Who is Cuero's most hated rival?

no one really... we're generally everyone else's...

I guess Gonzales maybe?

bobcat1
11-30-2008, 12:16 PM
no one really... we're generally everyone else's...

I guess Gonzales maybe? So if Gonzalez beat you in an undefeated season when you played or coached. But you won state, would you never think about the game that kept you from being perfect? You know you would just as any other competitive person would. :cool:

Gobbla2001
11-30-2008, 12:22 PM
So if Gonzalez beat you in an undefeated season when you played or coached. But you won state, would you never think about the game that kept you from being perfect? You know you would just as any other competitive person would. :cool:

It'd suck, but they wouldn't have won state so I wouldn't care that much...

we lost to La Vernia this year... yah, wish it would have been perfect, but that game taught our boys a lesson... not an asterisk if we end up winning state, it was just a step back... a chance for our boys to look in the mirror and alla that other cliche stuff...

And Tech as Texas' most hated rival? HAHA...

bobcat1
11-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Let me toss you a tortilla! LMAO!

Gobbla2001
11-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Let me toss you a tortilla! LMAO!

hell I'd go scramble some eggs and have a taco...

bobcat1
11-30-2008, 12:26 PM
This is more fun than steppin' on baby chickens ain't it. :D

Gobbla2001
11-30-2008, 12:28 PM
This is more fun than steppin' on baby chickens ain't it. :D

haven't heard that one ha... but me and my cousin's cousin had fun throwing baby ducks up in the air in his dad's barn one day when we was young'ns... walking out of that barn to my uncle and and his dad with belts in their hands was not fun...

bobcat1
11-30-2008, 12:34 PM
My Grandma got us out by her chicken pen with a broom. :bigcry: