PDA

View Full Version : Texas Stadium Shocker

3afan
11-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Wylie 36, Arlington Bowie 13 w/ 5 minutes left in the 3rd

:eek:

JR2004
11-29-2008, 07:11 PM
For the life of me I can't figure out how Wylie has made it this far in the 5A playoffs with so little talent. They're on a heck of a roll though.

DDBooger
11-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
For the life of me I can't figure out how Wylie has made it this far in the 5A playoffs with so little talent. They're on a heck of a roll though. maybe they're a future after school special? LOL. :D

3afan
11-29-2008, 07:16 PM
For the life of me I can't figure out how Wylie has made it this far in the 5A playoffs with so little talent. They're on a heck of a roll though.

"with so little talent" --- maybe they have more talent overall than some of the teams they've beaten, like, hhmmm, perhaps Hebron

just maybe? :p

JR2004
11-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
"with so little talent" --- maybe they have more talent overall than some of the teams they've beaten, like, hhmmm, perhaps Hebron

Darius Staten, Hebron's RB, sat out the Wylie rematch with a broken collarbone that he got the prior week against LD Bell. I didn't think Hebron was even going to stay in that game, much less make it to OT, without him. I was at the Madison-Lincoln basketball game so I was shocked to hear from my buddies that the game wound up being 31-28. Hebron, much like Wylie has up to this point, overachieved this year.

3afan
11-29-2008, 07:22 PM
you've been preaching Hebron for a long playoff run all year!!!

3afan
11-29-2008, 07:22 PM
this game has gone to the 4th, still 36-13

JR2004
11-29-2008, 07:28 PM
you've been preaching Hebron for a long playoff run all year!!!

I said that at the end of last year I expected them to go on a pretty good run this year as well as the next several years. It's on the DFW board somewhere.

Then I saw the opening game this year. When they lost at home to Wylie I kinda figured they weren't going to have a long run. Iwuji was fun to watch, but in their system they need a pure passer, not a running QB. They more/less ran a variation of the single wing this year with him at QB. Their sub-varsity teams though lead me to believe that anything less than 3 rounds next year will be extremely disappointing for them.

I'm probably not spelling this kid's first name right, but they've got a freshman there named Keyonte Griffin that will probably be the best player they've had in their young history. He's a RB that has worked out some with Deion during the summer I believe. Their head coach said they possibly have an 8th grader that will start the year on varsity next year as a RB as well.

shamu85
11-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Apparently, Wylie blocked a punt and ran it in for a TD to make the score 43-13. Spankage here.

JR2004
11-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
Apparently, Wylie blocked a punt and ran it in for a TD to make the score 43-13. Spankage here.

Wow that game is out of control!

JR2004
11-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
maybe they're a future after school special? LOL. :D

There's only room for one after-school special around here!

Wylie winning a state title is major motion picture movie material!

3afan
11-29-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
... 43-13. ...

dang!

dogdad
11-29-2008, 08:00 PM
maybe you are not a very good evaluater of talent? possible? have you even seen them play?

bobcat1
11-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
maybe you are not a very good evaluater of talent? possible? have you even seen them play? He justs like runnin that head. :D Someday someone will evaluate his talent. ;)

LHPfactory
11-29-2008, 09:16 PM

Cant measure HEART with a stop watch, scale, or tape....LH has made a hobby out of making talent laden teams look bad

kepdawg
11-29-2008, 10:19 PM
Wylie 36, Arlington Bowie 13 w/ 5 minutes left in the 3rd

:eek:

I certainly didn't expect to see this when I opened it. I don't see it as much of a shocker. I thought maybe Arlington had jumped on Trinity!

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2008, 02:47 PM

Sometimes it's not necessarily the team with the most "talent" that wins. :eek: :eek: :eek: ;) Just saying...I've seen it happen a time or 87. ;)

bobcat1
11-30-2008, 04:16 PM
For the life of me I can't figure out how Wylie has made it this far in the 5A playoffs with so little talent. They're on a heck of a roll though. :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
I guess the real shocker must be why Madison with all that talent is dribblin already. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

slingshot
11-30-2008, 04:17 PM
For the life of me I can't figure out how Wylie has made it this far... with so little talent. There you go again--underestimating another Wylie team... ;)

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
I guess the real shocker must be why Madison with all that talent is dribblin already. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wow..you just cant help yourself can u

pirate4state
11-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
wow..you just cant help yourself can u funny isn't it? they are both exactly the same...no wonder they can't stand each other :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

alaskacat
11-30-2008, 09:25 PM
I watched the wylie-Hebron game and the only difference was a FG that was like 42 yards and about a foot short by Hebron at the end.

It very easily could have gfone either way, a turnover set it up in regualtion for Wylie and one serioes later on 4th down a cicus catch in the end zone tied it up. Wylie kicked a FG.

hebron had a bit of a problem moving the ball except for Ouiji on the ground but just couldn't get close enough in the end to hit a tying FG.

It was ugly, but a good game.