PDA

View Full Version : jasper state champions!

on_deck14
11-10-2002, 08:40 PM
of those who have seen jasper play, who in 3a can compare to them in size and speed in the playoffs.

sinfan75
11-11-2002, 05:41 AM
I think Burnet,Sinton and Everman can all match with Jasper.

aamove
11-11-2002, 06:38 AM
I agree with Sinfan75 all three of the teams have what it takes to make it a good game.

sinton66
11-11-2002, 07:29 AM
I believe that out of R2, we could also mention Forney and Gainsville. Both are coming on strong.

Chris Hart
11-11-2002, 05:43 PM
Some may not agree with me, but Jasper got a big break with Sealy losing the coin flip to put them out of the playoffs, because that ultimately put Bellville into div. II. I think Bellville could have given them a very good game.

BWK/LBP
11-11-2002, 09:55 PM
Yall don't understand how good jasper is. It's good to have opinions and everything but you have got to be realistic at some point. There is only one way jasper can be stopped and that is if they stop themselves.

Puppetmaster101
11-11-2002, 10:17 PM
Yea you can also say that about Sinton, Burnet, Newton. Remember nobody's unbeatable not Burnet, not Sinton, not Newton, and not Jasper. :D

bulldawg89
11-11-2002, 10:24 PM
Yes, i think we can all agree that Jasper has a great team; eevn though they are 8-2, and that they will make it far in the play-offs. Burnet, Sinton, Everman, will all give Jasper a run for their money, and i think we can all agree that it will more than likey be one of those teams that takes the title

29x281
11-11-2002, 10:57 PM
What kind of size and speed does Jasper have, specifically? Which players, how fast, how big?

OldSchoolBulldog
11-11-2002, 11:55 PM
Puppetmaster101:
Yea you can also say that about Sinton, Burnet, Newton. Remember nobody's unbeatable not Burnet, not Sinton, not Newton, and not Jasper. :D No, you can't say that about Newton, Jasper beat Newton on the field and the score board. The game was forfeited due to an administrative screw-up. So, I must agree, that Jasper (and maybe St. Jesuit) is the only one that can beat Jasper.

I have not seen Sinton and Burnet play. They may be excellent. But, until you see Jasper play, you just don't understand.

OldSchoolBulldog
11-12-2002, 12:00 AM
bulldawg89:
Yes, i think we can all agree that Jasper has a great team; eevn though they are 8-2, and that they will make it far in the play-offs. Burnet, Sinton, Everman, will all give Jasper a run for their money, and i think we can all agree that it will more than likey be one of those teams that takes the titleThat's why I love High School football. This is a really exciting time of the year. Burnet, Sinton, Everman, Celina & Jasper will be exciting to watch in the playoffs. I wish that I could see all of the games.

By the way, does anyone know if the any of the playoff games will be televised regionally?

sinfan75
11-12-2002, 06:03 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 29x281:
[QB]W

southern_thunder
11-12-2002, 07:30 AM
29x281:
What kind of size and speed does Jasper have, specifically? Which players, how fast, how big?Jasper's offensive tackles are #78 6'8" 280lbs, and #74 6'4" 275lbs. from left to right and can move like defensive backs. The guards are smaller but very good and average about 250 lbs. All four receivers are small but run like the wind and block very well and will catch the ball anywhere on the field. The QB and RB both run 4.5-4.6 forties and have great vision of the field.
The defensive ends are #34 6'2 200 lbs. 4.6 and #25 6'3" 195 lbs. 4.5, the Def. tackles #85-79 is 6'5" 305 lbs. and #52 5'11" 275lbs. all three linbackers are around 6'1" 200-205 lbs. and #16 runs a 4.5 forty, the others run around 4.7-4.8. And the secondary is similar tothe receivers.

Puppetmaster101
11-12-2002, 10:23 PM
OldSchoolBulldog:

Puppetmaster101:
Yea you can also say that about Sinton, Burnet, Newton. Remember nobody's unbeatable not Burnet, not Sinton, not Newton, and not Jasper. :D No, you can't say that about Newton, Jasper beat Newton on the field and the score board. The game was forfeited due to an administrative screw-up. So, I must agree, that Jasper (and maybe St. Jesuit) is the only one that can beat Jasper.

I have not seen Sinton and Burnet play. They may be excellent. But, until you see Jasper play, you just don't understand.Hey do I have to repeat myself everybody is beatable how do you know that Newton may have just been playing a bad game. I think Jasper is a awsome team reminds me of Killein Shoemaker big, tall, and fast. :D

OldSchoolBulldog
11-13-2002, 12:10 AM
Maybe so.

OldSchoolBulldog
11-13-2002, 12:12 AM
Maybe so.

Old Cardinal
11-13-2002, 04:54 PM
I really think you are being modest about Jasper's size and speed. They are tough and aggressive, to boot. I have said all along folks are just babbling when the compare their good teams to Jasper this year.

Puppetmaster101
11-13-2002, 09:06 PM
Im not babbling I lived near Jasper in a place called Orange I watched a game between tham and WOS and I dont remeber who won I think WOS because they were still a major powerhouse in early 90's.

Pudlugger
11-13-2002, 09:18 PM
Well if Jasper doesn't win State this year they will have a record number of disapointed and embarassed posters on this board. All you hear on this board is how they are unbeatable (even though they were beaten by an above average TAPPs school who lost to Sweeney) and the best in 3A. Maybe they are great, but they still have to put together five straight wins to become state champions. I have to say the fans are really putting pressure on the coaches and players. Nothing short of a state title will do it seems. I hate to rain on anyone's parade but there are at least 4 other great teams in the D1 bracket:
Sinton, Burnet, Forney and Everman. Jasper will have to beat two of these teams to win state. It will be interesting. If I were a Jasper fan I would keep my powder dry until things shake out a little. :cool:

whatusay2
11-14-2002, 12:18 AM
Yes, Jasper fans will be disappointed if our team does not win the state championship. But, so will everyone else who is in the Playoffs. No, Jasper fans will NOT be embarrassed if we don't win state. We are and will continue to be proud of the young men who put their bests out on the football field every week--that's what makes them champions to us.

OldSchoolBulldog
11-14-2002, 02:01 AM
Pudlugger:
Well if Jasper doesn't win State this year they will have a record number of disapointed and embarassed posters on this board. All you hear on this board is how they are unbeatable (even though they were beaten by an above average TAPPs school who lost to Sweeney) and the best in 3A. Maybe they are great, but they still have to put together five straight wins to become state champions. I have to say the fans are really putting pressure on the coaches and players. Nothing short of a state title will do it seems. I hate to rain on anyone's parade but there are at least 4 other great teams in the D1 bracket:
Sinton, Burnet, Forney and Everman. Jasper will have to beat two of these teams to win state. It will be interesting. If I were a Jasper fan I would keep my powder dry until things shake out a little. :cool: Like I had to do to some others a few weeks ago, I would also challenge you to show one post from a Jasper fan that has been over the line. I know that I am proud of Jasper for accomplishments so far. But, I have also been realistic about the fact that Jasper does have weaknessess. Other teams such as Everman, Sinton,...etc. are also quality teams. I honestly think that Jasper can beat these teams. But, I also understand that Jasper may be beat by these teams.

All and all... I believe that Jasper has the talent to win state. But, it will take more than talent. It will take focus, the ability to be ready for each game, not taking any team lightly and a keen dose of unyielding teamwork.

I love High School Football!!

Bulldog92
11-14-2002, 02:04 AM
Well said, whatusay. Anyone that follows Jasper football knows that for the past 25-30 years we've always thought we had a good enough team to win state if the ball bounced our way, but we never have. We've been down this road many times and I, along with several other Bulldog faithful that post to this board regularly, have cautioned everyone about the "ready, fire, aim" philosophy. We know as well as anyone that the playoffs can end rather abruptly before the ultimate goal can be reached. Yes, we've always been disappointed in not meeting our expectations on the field, but we still believe in our team just like the good folks in Everman, Sinton, or whoever else might win this thing. Being a fan is no fun if you can't expect big things from your school. I will dance in the streets if we can get the proverbial monkey off our backs. Anyone would. Don't come down on us for having high hopes for the Dogs. It'll be this way every year, so get used to it!

Pudlugger
11-14-2002, 08:26 AM
Well yall have a great team, I just think that sometimes the posts get a little overboard on the state champion thing. Just read the title of this thread, others have been similar. I expect Jasper will move through the first three rounds easily then they will meet either Sinton or Burnet. That will be the first test for Jasper's championship and right now I don't think it is clear who will win. It will be a great game though. The way I feel about it, as Jasper has never won one and Sinton won last year Jasper will be my sentimental favorite in that match-up. If it is Burnet, they will be, since yall dropped down a class this year and its like yall picking on the little guys! :D LOL!. Seriously, I hope yall enjoy your success, but it is true that their are many pitfalls and yall don't want to tempt fate too much do yall? Good luck though. :)

<small>[ November 14, 2002, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

big daddy russ
11-14-2002, 12:31 PM
Pudlugger:
...All you hear on this board is how they are unbeatable (even though they were beaten by an above average TAPPs school who lost to Sweeney) and the best in 3A...actually strake jesuit lost to st. pius x who lost to sweeny. i saw that post a few weeks ago, but it doesn't hold up in my mind. it's one of those things where you could track down how some run-of-the mill 2A team beat the 5A state champs. somewhere down the line there's a connection. i don't remember who posted it, but it's not your fault, pudlugger. what does hold up in my mind is how jasper seemed to struggle at the beginning of the year. dogs, good luck in the playoffs. it seems like you've got your stuff together since that kirbyville game.

spiveyrat
11-14-2002, 12:36 PM
You don't think it's clear who will win, eh? I think it's crystal clear!

If you don't have faith, what else do you have? Go Jasper!

Old Cardinal
11-14-2002, 12:48 PM
I would say that Sinton is the only team named, with enough seasoned players to really challenge Jasper. Jasper will walk over all the rest, even though they are good 3A teams!

j_dog
11-14-2002, 01:23 PM
Old Cardinal:
I would say that Sinton is the only team named, with enough seasoned players to really challenge Jasper. Jasper will walk over all the rest, even though they are good 3A teams!Old Card, thanks for the vote of confidence even though I know your heart is with Bridge City. What many readers state-wide may not realize is that many of these pro-Jasper posts are not from "Jasper" fans, but fans from places like Bridge City and Newton with no axe to grind. They (in my opinion) are just telling it like they see it. They have seen Jasper play and they have seen many other very good 3a teams over the years. They know what kind of quality 4a teams Jasper took out last year even though they were not even picked to win their district.

But, this is not to knock any other team in Texas. Without question, there are many good 3a teams in Texas, many of them mentioned here in this thread. Yes, some of them have the capability to beat Jasper if Jasper loses focus. To start with, I would name 9 and 1 Mexia, Bridge City, Barbers Hill, Sinton, Burnet, Everman, and many others.

So, if by good fortune, Jasper does play and beat all those teams, and wins state, please don't anyone come on this board and say that Jasper won only because they played a weak schedule! They are playing as tough a schedule as anyone else. If they win state, they deserve it. If they lose, they didn't deserve it. Good luck to all teams, and may the best team win.

<small>[ November 14, 2002, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: j_dog ]</small>

southern_thunder
11-14-2002, 01:44 PM
Great post jdog!! I agree completely. And you are right about staying focused because once in the playoffs anyone can beat anyone you have to have your A game every week.

Pudlugger
11-14-2002, 02:35 PM
big daddy russ:

Pudlugger:
...All you hear on this board is how they are unbeatable (even though they were beaten by an above average TAPPs school who lost to Sweeney) and the best in 3A...actually strake jesuit lost to st. pius x who lost to sweeny. i saw that post a few weeks ago, but it doesn't hold up in my mind. it's one of those things where you could track down how some run-of-the mill 2A team beat the 5A state champs. somewhere down the line there's a connection. i don't remember who posted it, but it's not your fault, pudlugger. what does hold up in my mind is how jasper seemed to struggle at the beginning of the year. dogs, good luck in the playoffs. it seems like you've got your stuff together since that kirbyville game.Thanks Big Daddy Russ I stand corrected. I was checking records and just made a brain f@#t I guess! LOL Good luck to the Bulldogs!
:D

RiverRat19
11-14-2002, 02:35 PM
OldSchoolBulldog:

Puppetmaster101:

I have not seen Sinton and Burnet play. They may be excellent. But, until you see Jasper play, you just don't understand.OK- so what you are saying is that the Jesuit game was...... what? A fluke? Jasper not having a good game? A game where the opponents found weaknesses and exploited them? Aliens? CIA/Castro/Mafia conspiracy?

A loss is a loss is a loss is a loss. No excuse (other than "We did not play well enough to beat the other team.") will suffice. I know that all the teams included in this discussion (specifically Jasper) are very good but I think it will be hard to say who is the best- until after the Div I title game.

<small>[ November 14, 2002, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: RiverRat19 ]</small>

OldSchoolBulldog
11-14-2002, 11:47 PM
RiverRat19:

OldSchoolBulldog:

Puppetmaster101:

I have not seen Sinton and Burnet play. They may be excellent. But, until you see Jasper play, you just don't understand.OK- so what you are saying is that the Jesuit game was...... what? A fluke? Jasper not having a good game? A game where the opponents found weaknesses and exploited them? Aliens? CIA/Castro/Mafia conspiracy?

A loss is a loss is a loss is a loss. No excuse (other than "We did not play well enough to beat the other team.") will suffice. I know that all the teams included in this discussion (specifically Jasper) are very good but I think it will be hard to say who is the best- until after the Div I title game.No, the Jasper lose to St Jesuit was just that a lose. So maybe you need to explain what you mean by saying it was "..A fluke". I don't know why you would try to say something about a conspiracy. Well, your issue and I guess you will have to explain that one also. Frankly, I don't understand you why you made these comments

I never throw up any "excuse" so don't try to insinuate that I did.

Yes, I am a proud Jasper supporter (win or lose).

mechanic
11-15-2002, 12:33 PM
I am with you all the way Old School Bulldog, I am JHS class of 75. The way I look at it right now it is DON`T SING IT BRING IT AND HOPE YOU CAN BRING ENOUGH TIME.LET`S GET IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!