PDA

View Full Version : Plaxico Burress Accidentally Shoots Himself In The Leg!!!

ILS1
11-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Updated: November 29, 2008, 12:18 PM ET

Giants WR Plaxico Burress Accidentally Shot
New York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress suffered an accidental gunshot wound Friday night in a club, according to multiple sources.

Details of the incident weren't immediately available, but according to a source the wound was not considered life-threatening.

Fox Sports.com reported that Burress accidentally shot himself in the leg and spent the night in the hospital.
Burress, who was not expected to play against the Washington Redskins on Sunday because of a hamstring injury, was not at team meetings and did not attend the team's Saturday walkthrough.

The Giants organization was not commenting on the story.

In September, Burress was suspended for a game and fined for a violation of team rules, reportedly failing to appear at a team meeting and being unavailable by phone. At the time, his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said that Burress was tending to urgent family matters.

Burress signed a five-year, $35 million contract this fall after helping the Giants to a Super Bowl championship last season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3733021

Phil C
11-29-2008, 01:04 PM
:(

STANG RED
11-29-2008, 01:19 PM
So how does someone accidentally shot themself in the leg while at a club?:confused: And isnt it illegal to carry a firearm into a nightclub anyway?
Somehow I dont think we have heard the last of this.:thinking:

HM33
11-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Seems like we could have another Pacman Jones on our hands. Why can't they just grow up and be adults.

solocam
11-29-2008, 01:30 PM
What an idiot

HM33
11-29-2008, 01:32 PM
I think that ANY player that has problems like this and/or have troubles with guns and crap should just be thrown out of the league FOREVER!!! It would stop a lot of it.

3afan
11-29-2008, 01:42 PM
Plaxico http://twentypeacefulminutes.com/forums/Smileys/default/loser.gif

Diocletian
11-29-2008, 01:54 PM
This story is amazing. Sad, but great news for the Cowboys.

When I was in the military, someone shot themselves in the leg. Once we all figured out he was going to be alright, everyone begain to redicule and toy with him about it. So much so that he eventualy ended up attempting suicide.

I think it's impossible to shoot yourself, there HAS to be more at play here.

cameron91
11-29-2008, 01:58 PM
he was dove hunting in side the club..

3afan
11-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Plaxico like to beat up women ... this is a "step up" for him

turbostud
11-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian

I think it's impossible to shoot yourself, there HAS to be more at play here.
No its not. A guy I used to work with in the military shot himself in the foot. He and another guy were out drinking beers on a sunday morning and shooting their guns. It started to rain so when he went to holster his gun he shot himself in the foot. Put a 357 round right through the top of his foot.

trojan37
11-29-2008, 02:19 PM
here ya go Plaxico,

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ISHCiK87L._AA240_.jpg

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
And isnt it illegal to carry a firearm into a nightclub anyway?

Well, you would think so, anyway. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Any regular off-the-street idiot would be behind bars, I'm thinking.

ziggy29
11-29-2008, 02:40 PM
As soon as I read the headlines, I KNEW a nightclub had to be in the mix. Nightclubs and NFL players flat out do NOT mix.

Looking4number8
11-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by HM33
I think that ANY player that has problems like this and/or have troubles with guns and crap should just be thrown out of the league FOREVER!!! It would stop a lot of it.

I dont think it would stop anything. These guys that do this are idiots, however I agree they should be thrown out of the league forever. Give somebody the job that respects it!

martwayne
11-29-2008, 03:34 PM
personally i think that plax should be banned from the leage for awhile, i mean look at adam pac-man jones and what the leage did to him. plax is another one of those pro players that thinks just because he is who he is that he can get away with what ever he wants, personally i never even liked plax

eagles_victory
11-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian

I think it's impossible to shoot yourself, there HAS to be more at play here. Have you not seen 8 mile?

BTownVBall3
11-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Even Pacman never did anything this stupid..All pacman did was make it rain in a strip club. Kick Plaxico out of the league. No more of adam jones being the whipping boy.

WylieBulldog92
11-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I dont think it would stop anything. These guys that do this are idiots, however I agree they should be thrown out of the league forever. Give somebody the job that respects it!
Job Offer accepted :D

VAMike
11-29-2008, 08:48 PM
More details:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11292008/sports/giants/plaxico_burress_accidentally_shot_himsel_141427.ht m

Going to be hard to not get charged on this Too many witnesses

Budman007
11-29-2008, 08:52 PM
He should've shot himself in the head since there's nothing for the bullet to hit in there.:vrycnfsd:

skins4life
11-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by HM33
Seems like we could have another Pacman Jones on our hands. Why can't they just grow up and be adults.

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stownhorse
11-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Its not illegal to carry a concealed handgun into a club.

If he was bumpin and grindin up in da club, then the gun could have just went off accidentally.

He is nothing like Pacman. C'mon, dont categorizes Plaxico. If I was in his position I would carry a pistol with me everywhere too.

Necks_Fan
11-29-2008, 10:57 PM
What a moron! :clap: :doh:

gobbler grad
11-30-2008, 12:26 AM
and we thought only Dallas had problem children...:thinking:

t-bird
11-30-2008, 01:29 AM
What a dummy!

turtletank2009
12-01-2008, 02:07 AM
wow

VAMike
12-01-2008, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse

If he was bumpin and grindin up in da club, then the gun could have just went off accidentally.

He is nothing like Pacman. C'mon, dont categorizes Plaxico. If I was in his position I would carry a pistol with me everywhere too.

You can get a concealed carry permit in NY city. In fact, one of the biggest gripes against the current mayor is that he has helped the "rich and famous" get such permits while restricting the ability of Joe Sixpack to get one.

From: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/29/report-burress-had-no-carry-permit/

REPORT: BURRESS HAD NO CARRY PERMIT
Posted by Mike Florio on November 29, 2008, 11:56 p.m. EST
We explained earlier tonight that, if Giants receiver Plaxico Burress didn’t have a valid license to carry a concealed weapon in New York City, he is facing a mandatory jail term of 3.5 years in prison.

Per the New York Post, Burress does not have a valid New York permit. His Florida permit expired in May 2008.

Though the Post characterizes Plaxico’s maximum criminal liability as one year in jail, mayor Michael Bloomberg made it clear in 2007 that illegal possession of a firearm in New York City results in a much stiffer penalty.

“Last year, our Administration succeeded in pushing through a law that gives New York the toughest penalty in the country for carrying an illegal loaded handgun,” Bloomberg said in July 2007. “Now, if you are convicted, you will serve a minimum of 3-1/2 years behind bars — no exceptions.”

If the phrase “no exceptions” includes “pro football players who scored the winning touchdown in a Super Bowl for the New York Giants,” then Burress has a problem much bigger than the hole in his leg.

3afan
12-01-2008, 07:55 AM

it is with no permit

3afan
12-01-2008, 07:56 AM
He is nothing like Pacman. C'mon, dont categorizes Plaxico....

no, he's not .......... Plax likes to hit women ...