PDA

View Full Version : JASPER WINS 20-3A DISTRICT TRACK MEET

southern_thunder
04-11-2003, 08:13 AM
Jasper wins with 246 points and Diboll was second with 106 points

j_dog
04-11-2003, 09:28 AM
southern_thunder:
Jasper wins with 246 points and Diboll was second with 106 pointsVery good. Go Dogs. Can you fill in some of the details please, like what spots Jasper qualified for region? Relays? Sending two in any events? 246 points seems like a lot of points. Even I am surprised. Thanks.

southern_thunder
04-11-2003, 09:45 AM
Coach Spoon, kept most of his better runners in the individual events to get more out to regionals so the relay times were not as good as they could have been but he got all three out easily. This is a rough estimate I hope I dont leave anything out. 2 in the shot,1 in the discus,1 in the long jump, 1 in the 100m, 2 in the high hurdles, 2 in the 400, 2 in the 300m hurdles, 1 in the 200, 1 in the 800, again this is just off the top of my head not haveing seen it written down anywhere.

big daddy russ
04-11-2003, 12:40 PM
Congratulations, Dogs. You're looking pretty tough.

j_dog
04-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Thank you ST. I knew the Dogs had to have really racked up the first and second places to more than double the points of the second place team. It sounds like it would be easier to list the events that Jasper DID NOT advance athletes in.

Here is a site where they will eventually be posting the district results.

http://www.texastrack.com/03t_hs_district_meets.htm

I am surprised that the Lufkin and Beaumont papers have not posted some results already. Again, thank you for the post. Now, to see how many Jasper can advance from Region. As Russ said, winning state at track is all about advancing athletes at district and then at region.

ricky_jasper
04-11-2003, 10:01 PM
Jasper didn't just win almost every event they dominated in them.

Bulldog92
04-12-2003, 01:31 AM
It's nice to see that the more thngs change, the more they stay the same. Jasper has always been a track hotbed and I'm glad to see that Coach Spoon is still there running things. I was able to bring my pc back from the scrap heap and I'll try not to be a stranger anymore.

j_dog
04-12-2003, 12:44 PM
Bulldog92:
It's nice to see that the more thngs change, the more they stay the same. Jasper has always been a track hotbed and I'm glad to see that Coach Spoon is still there running things. I was able to bring my pc back from the scrap heap and I'll try not to be a stranger anymore.I was about ready to call for a search party for you! I may be by to see you in August or September.

Bulldog92
04-12-2003, 01:40 PM
That's cool, j_dog. I guess the baseball team is playing really well also, but what's going on with the football team? Since I haven't been around, I don't know how things are going. :D

j_dog
04-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Bulldog92:
That's cool, j_dog. I guess the baseball team is playing really well also, but what's going on with the football team? Since I haven't been around, I don't know how things are going. :D Not much with the football team that I know except that Rivals selected Marlon Cook as one of the top 30 fullbacks in Texas and SirVincent as one of the top OL. Rumor is that A&M is interested in SirVincent. Of course, Jasper expects to have a fair amount of speed back. :)