PDA

View Full Version : La Vega - 34, Navasota - 28

Modoc
11-29-2008, 02:44 AM
Wow, you guys had a great team this year and Pratt will do just fine in college. I can't wait to watch that guy play on Saturdays.

Also, your fans are something else. They are a loud bunch and I could tell your team fed off of their noise.

HEMOTOXIC
11-29-2008, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Modoc
Wow, you guys had a great team this year and Pratt will do just fine in college. I can't wait to watch that guy play on Saturdays.

Also, your fans are something else. They are a loud bunch and I could tell your team fed off of their noise. '

Hey, thanks for the complements. I love that MODOC cheer! Most of all, both crowds were great along with the bands and cheerleaders, etc. Hell, it was one heck of a game.

HM33
11-29-2008, 02:51 AM
I was actaully at this game :)

Modoc
11-29-2008, 02:59 AM
When your Rattlers scored their last TD, I don't know if I have ever heard a 3A crowd go as crazy loud as you guys did. Great job to keep your boys pumped up!!

I really hated that someone had to lose this game, but I am glad that there were no injuries.

For what it's worth, you guys were what I was expecting....plus a whole lot more!

JR2004
11-29-2008, 05:06 AM
HOORAH MODOC!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like them MODOC PIRATES continue to roll right along. Parr is a hoss (Well with the exception of being out of position at safety on a Stokes TD he is.) and I'm feeling pretty good about MODOC's chances next week against Region IV's representative.

OldBison75
11-29-2008, 10:58 AM
First of all, Congratulations to the Waco LaVega Pirates. They played a helluva a game and know that they were lucky to get out of Round Rock with that win. They took advantage of every break and made the plays they had to to win.

The Rattlers were, in my opinion the best team on the field, but poor execution, poor play from the passing game, and very untimely turnovers just killed them. Three turnovers in the red zone are devastating. Yes, LaVega had a part in those, but on two of the interceptions, it was passes thrown behind open receivers. I, like others, question some of the play calling, but that has been the way the plays have been called most of the year with success. As a Saturday morning QB, I can sit behind this keyboard and think what if.

My hats are off to the Navasota players and the LaVega football team. Both teams left everything on the field and both represented their schools very well. I saw numerous LaVega players come to Navasota players after the overtime touchdown and before the customary handshakes, and offer pats on the back and great sportsmanship.

My only complaint about the game, was the number of penalties called in the game. Mnay penalties were called by refs that were out of position and it seemed that they were not coordinated very well. I saw several calls made from across the field when the ref nearest the play did not throw a flag. These probably would not have made a difference, but they were obvious against both teams. The one really questionable call was a fumble recovery by LaVega in front of their bench. The replay board clearly showed that the Navasota player was on the ground when the ball was stripped from him. But, that play did not determine the game outcome. Navasota's failure to execute when they had the ball in the red zone three times was the difference.

Good luck to the pirates.

Bull's-eye
11-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Good season Rattlers, sometimes thing just don't work out. Sounds like the game could have gone either way.

martwayne
11-29-2008, 02:10 PM
first off congrats to a very good la vega football team. they played a hell of a game. second anyone that douted my navasota rattlers if you saw the game last nite i hope know you understand why i talk so much trash. both teams came out and played an entire game of football and left everything on the field. i will say this, navasota fans, team, cheerleaders, band, ect.. we have nothing to be ashamed about, we represented navasota with everything we could, and i know you made our community very proud. so hold your heads up high and always remember the season we had. IT WAS GREAT. i really enjoyed chatting and getting to know some people on this web site, and hope we can continue to do the same. i wish everyone thats still standing in the playoffs the best off luck and hope that the la vega football team can go all the way. before i leave i do want to say one thing, and that is...

ALWAYS REMEMBER, LOVE THEM RATTLERS, WHOOO!!!

hope everyone has safe traveling back home from thanksgiving

jambo67
11-29-2008, 07:03 PM
"Whoever is in the best shape wins this one. It's gonna be one of those good ol' fashioned street fights that end up in the ditch because neither side will give up. The trainers need to fill up all the coolers with gatorade, bring lots of ankle tape and handout every pad known to the football world."

I posted that days before the game. Hopefully both teams have lots of returning lettermen because this could turn out to be a great powerhouse rivalry. Will be a match-up we talk about during two-a-days next summer. It's a shame someone had to lose.