PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Gotw: Giddings Buffaloes (10-3) Vs. Bellville Brahmas (12-1)

Pages : [1] 2

buff4ever
11-28-2008, 11:34 PM
Congrats to both teams for making it to the regional finals for a rematch with each other! These two teams have seen enough of each other in the last 6 years, but we can expect a great game again this week.

Maybe now District 25 will get the respect they have deserved all year.

Props to Rio Hondo and Sinton, both played great games and had great seasons. Rio Hondo proved to be tough to stop in the first half and their QB was a player. Sinton never quit and played a shoot out with Bellville.

All this jiberish above, Bellville sucks.:D:D :D

Giddings by 7

44INAROW
11-28-2008, 11:44 PM
congrats to Bellville and Giddings on winning hard fought ballgames today. The rematch will be a good one, wonder where it will be played?
Amazing 2 teams from the same district making it this far and playing each other for the Reg IV Division 2 finals.. Must be a really good district for sure :) congrats........ wonder how long it's been since that's happened? :devil: :devil:

I can't decide who I think wins - but a hunch tells me Giddings by 10:

TRENCHES06
11-28-2008, 11:53 PM
no wonder we had a hard time getting into the playoffs ;)

88bobcats
11-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever

Maybe now District 25 will get the respect they have deserved all year.

Phooey! That district moved out of Region III into Region IV, and Cuero went DI.

25-AAA might as well be called District "Rodney Dangerfield".....

;)

:devil:

Bull's-eye
11-29-2008, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
Phooey! That district moved out of Region III into Region IV, and Cuero went DI.

Both Giddings & Bellville handily defeated La Vernia, a team that handed Cuero a 21-6 loss. I read where one poster called these two teams R3 rejects. :rolleyes:

BOCEPHUS
11-29-2008, 07:07 AM
this here be 'day-shaw-view' all over again, week 7, now week14

and better 'in al that, thye play'n the game in the 'WOODLANDS', THAT THAR IS A PLACE I BE AT ALL THE TIME! IF'EN I AIN'T DOWN AT THE 'OLE CRICK BOTTOM'

solocam
11-29-2008, 07:36 AM
Bellville by 14

gobbler grad
11-29-2008, 07:46 AM
Giddings takes this one...will be good game, But Buffs on a roll...:clap:
Buffs by 10 over the Brahmas

Pudlugger
11-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Congratulations to the two best teams in Region IV and D25's Champion Bellville and Co-Champion Giddings*. This rematch will be one heck of a game. Both teams are playing great football and have plenty of talent. It is always hard to beat an evenly matched opponent twice in one season. The Leps did it in 2001 beating Giddings in a squeeker 17-14 in week one and 21-17 in the state semi-final. I think Giddings might pull off a win in this one though. I would expect another high scoring game with the Buffs winning by a td, perhaps in OT. However, if the Bulls prevail I will not be surprised as it is really that close. Good luck to both teams as D25 cannot lose in this one.

*both 4-1 in district but Bellville gets the nod for head to head win over the Buffs

Gobbla2001
11-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Both Giddings & Bellville handily defeated La Vernia, a team that handed Cuero a 21-6 loss. I read where one poster called these two teams R3 rejects. :rolleyes:

Cuero blasted Sealy, a team that handed Bellville a loss :rolleyes: ;) :D

I'm leaning Bellville right now just 'cos... gunna be a helluva a game, might try to make it...

buff4ever
11-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Yeah, the first matchup btwn these two was decided by 6 points. Giddings had several opportunities inside the redzone that they couldn't turn into points. Bellville gave us the ball at the end of the game inside the redzone one last time and their defense held us. Since week 7, I would like to say that our offense worked out a few kinks and gotten in sync quite a bit more. It will be something to watch for sure.

The obvious, THIS GAME WILL COME DOWN TO TURNOVERS AND MISTAKES. Just wanted to get that out there so it is behind us. Someone says it on every thread it seems like. Usually correct, so we don't need to be reminded right.

Bellville sucks:D :D ;)

buff4ever
11-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Region4editor,
How about game of the week here, last I checked the pickens were pretty slim!:D :D

Bull's-eye
11-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Region4editor,
How about game of the week here, last I checked the pickens were pretty slim!:D :D

They may have to vote on it, but I think there s a good chance for the game of the week. :D

Glad you got the poll started, FBB is celebrating this weekend in San Antonio. The last time we spoke, he was saying HELL YEAH!!

dachosenone
11-29-2008, 11:58 AM

The obvious, THIS GAME WILL COME DOWN TO TURNOVERS AND MISTAKES. Just wanted to get that out there so it is behind us. Someone says it on every thread it seems like. Usually correct, so we don't need to be reminded right.

Bellville sucks:D :D ;)

I guess we will see FRI who's best. Turnovers were key in the last games considering we overcame two to Buffs 0.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2008, 01:01 PM
Both teams offensively are running teams but with Bellville being more of a capable passing team as Giddings rarely attemps to pass.

Bellville 27 Giddings 20

cameron91
11-29-2008, 01:52 PM
where and when........

sinfan75
11-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Both Giddings & Bellville handily defeated La Vernia, a team that handed Cuero a 21-6 loss. I read where one poster called these two teams R3 rejects. :rolleyes: That was me and I pick Bellville 35-24

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Region4editor,
R4editor is out of pocket at the moment. Patience.....yeah, I know it's overrated. :p

Bull's-eye
11-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by dachosenone
Turnovers were key in the last games considering we overcame two to Buffs 0.

Looking back at the stats, both teams had close to the same yardage. Bellvile did lose 2 fumbles and were intercepted twice. Giddings did lose only1 fumble, but several times they put the ball on the ground. They may of not loss the possession, but it did hinder their play. IMO, both teams have improved their offensive production, even though Bellville lost their leading rusher. The Brahmas have definitely opened up their offense, using more passing and running more to the outside. Both teams are very familiar with each other, so I expect a very close game.

Buffgal
11-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Friday 7:30 pm
Woodforest Stadium The Woodlands (Conroe ISD)
Giddings is home team

Stadium is located south of Conroe on IH 45 near The Woodlands on Shenandoah Drive. (just west of IH 45)

Definitely game of the week.

It will be a battle and I can only hope that whoever comes out on top can put the pieces together for the next round. it will be that physical IMO and a roller coaster of a game.

Go Buffs, WAO, no free lunches

Bull's-eye
11-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal
Friday 7:30 pm
Woodforest Stadium The Woodlands (Conroe ISD)

Here's a link to the stadium. I read where they have wi-fi throughout the stadium. Looks to be a very state of the art facility.

http://athletics.conroeisd.net/woodforest/

Footballhudini
11-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

Amazing 2 teams from the same district making it this far and playing each other for the Reg IV Division 2 finals.. wonder how long it's been since that's happened?

usually happens every year tbh.
I'm a 2a fan and it happened in 2006 RIV

back in 2003 2a i think, the 3 teams from a particular district out of region III had two state champions and the odd one out lost in the 4th round to the same district mate that pounded them in district. toughies

Footballhudini
11-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
usually happens every year tbh.
I'm a 2a fan and it happened in 2006 RIV

back in 2003 2a i think, the 3 teams from a particular district out of region III had two state champions and the odd one out lost in the 4th round to the same district mate that pounded them in district. toughies

wait.. didn't it happen last year with cuero and palacios? :D

44INAROW
11-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
wait.. didn't it happen last year with cuero and palacios? :D
yes it did... and our other district team the Gonzales Apaches played for the Div 1 Quarterfinals as well....... ;)

KingRob
11-29-2008, 03:35 PM
This will be goodern, but I think the 'buffs come out on top!

Giddings - 28
Bellville - 26

Good luck to both teams!

44INAROW
11-29-2008, 03:36 PM
maybe one of you technically advanced individuals could send us streaming video on the game. That would be neat....;)

RattlerDude
11-29-2008, 06:28 PM
I believe Bellville won the regular season showdown which is too bad for them. There is an unwritten rule of the game that says if you beat a team in the regular season then you better hope you don't play them in the playoffs because you are most likely going to lose to them. So I pick Giddings to win this game. Has happened in levels of football with playoffs. Last year Except for the first round against Tampa Bay, the Giants beat everyone in the playoffs who had previously beat them in the regular season. There have been many other instances as well in the pro league.

I especially remember this rule being a problem for good high school teams. A few years ago Navasota beat Elgin for their first regular season win in two years and later that year lost to them in the first round of the playoffs.
La Vega stomped on China Springs in the regular season last year only to have their perfect season ruined by them in the playoffs.
Madisonville beat Crockett in the regular season before district and lost to them in the first round of the playoffs last year. I'm sure ya'll can think of plenty more occasions.
Some of you will try to shoot this down but I don't care because I am aware that there are rule breakers. Rules are made to be broken.

BTownVBall3
11-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Navasota has hated on Bellville all year..It's funny

Bull's-eye
11-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
I believe Bellville won the regular season showdown which is too bad for them. There is an unwritten rule of the game that says if you beat a team in the regular season then you better hope you don't play them in the playoffs because you are most likely going to lose to them. So I pick Giddings to win this game.

We defeated Wharton twice, once in the regular season and then in the playoffs. :)

I do understand what you are saying, but I think it comes down to which team plays the best. Execution and turnovers will most likely decide this game.

RattlerDude
11-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3

Dude I wish we had played Bellville so bad. I don't know if Bellville thinks so but I think we got a little rivalry going. I'm just saying dude not hating

BTownVBall3
11-29-2008, 06:39 PM
You should get a BCS vote with your reasoning..

Gobbla2001
11-29-2008, 06:43 PM
There is an unwritten rule of the game that says if you beat a team in the regular season then you better hope you don't play them in the playoffs because you are most likely going to lose to them.

I know why it is unwritten... Cuero whupped Palacios' ass in the regular season and whupped that ass again in the regional final...

Bull's-eye
11-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3

I think the majority of them put too much emphasis on their 35-0 win over a dissarayed Sealy team. They see where Sealy defeats Bellville 22-21 and they automatically think Bellville is not that good. Some nights things just don't go your way and Bellville let a 21-7 lead vanish. Bellville did defeat Caldwell 44-14 and Navasota escaped their game with the Hornets by one point, but a game they could of easily lost. I've been told you can't compare scores, but maybe they are putting too much stock in that one game.

I have noticed that most pick against Bellville, but that's their right.

buff4life
11-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
That was me and I pick Bellville 35-24

then what is sinton?? a R4 reject??

Gobbla2001
11-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
then what is sinton?? a R4 reject??

hmmm... still in R4 so, uhm, no...

buff4life
11-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
hmmm... still in R4 so, uhm, no...

well they lost to a R3 "reject" so where should they be then??

Gobbla2001
11-29-2008, 07:50 PM
well they lost to a R3 "reject" so where should they be then??

Region 5?

LHPfactory
11-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Yeah, everybody is always clucking.......... like "LH is in trouble, of course the two teams that came the closest in points (AW and Giddings) are both still playing after this weekend.....hum must have been close cause those teams are just that dang good....

Bull's-eye
11-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Region 5?

That's funny!:spitlol:

Gobbla2001
11-29-2008, 08:01 PM
speaking of LH... I say next reallignment they need to be moved to Region 2... the last three they've been in reg 4, 3 and 1... crazy

LHPfactory
11-29-2008, 08:11 PM
speaking of LH... I say next reallignment they need to be moved to Region 2... the last three they've been in reg 4, 3 and 1... crazy

Bout right.....I am in houston this weekend and they are on the other end of the state.

I didnt say anything when the play offs began, but I did believe that the

DI final would be AW vs Cuero....looks like its headed that way, course still another week to decide that matchup.

DII: I think LH will play a G team, not sure if its gonna be Giddings or Gilmer......we will see...LH has to win tonight and then two more to get that nod of course.

XMan
11-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Congrats to both teams and it shows just how strong this district is especially compared to the rest of region 4. The one thing Im questioning is why in the world are they going all the way to the Woodlands to play? Yes, I know the stadium is new, the turf is great, tons of seating but ALL THE WAY TO THE WOODLANDS? The Woodlands is the OPPOSITE direction. I know there will be a ton of fans and see the need for the large stadium but surely they could have found something closer. Why not Bryan, College Station, Kyle Field, Katy or even Brenham?????? In all jokingness I also thought they might want to play in Burton, Round Top, Ledbetter, Bleiblerville, Warda or somewhere else in between. Throw down some pylons and paint some stripes in a pasture and go at it. Bellville claims to like playing in a pasture anyhow.

1st and goal
11-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Congrats to both teams and it shows just how strong this district is especially compared to the rest of region 4. The one thing Im questioning is why in the world are they going all the way to the Woodlands to play? Yes, I know the stadium is new, the turf is great, tons of seating but ALL THE WAY TO THE WOODLANDS? The Woodlands is the OPPOSITE direction. I know there will be a ton of fans and see the need for the large stadium but surely they could have found something closer. Why not Bryan, College Station, Kyle Field, Katy or even Brenham?????? In all jokingness I also thought they might want to play in Burton, Round Top, Ledbetter, Bleiblerville, Warda or somewhere else in between. Throw down some pylons and paint some stripes in a pasture and go at it. Bellville claims to like playing in a pasture anyhow.

Don't forget Wesley and Carmine!

Bull's-eye
11-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Coach Huey wants to find a pasture and build a field, much like they did in the TV show Friday Night Lights. They were seen buying shovels and some chalk at the local Bellville hardware store. :D

dachosenone
11-30-2008, 02:14 AM

Some of the stadiums listed said no for whatever reason so I guess the next best option was the Houston area. BV Coaches didn't want to play in Bryan, so I heard. Brenham would have been nice since its close and would get a great fan turnout.

dachosenone
11-30-2008, 02:18 AM
Dude I wish we had played Bellville so bad. I don't know if Bellville thinks so but I think we got a little rivalry going. I'm just saying dude not hating

We were ready to play and even thought you guys were a bit scared so I guess we have to wait till next year.

BOCEPHUS
11-30-2008, 07:13 AM
Looking back at the stats, both teams had close to the same yardage. Bellvile did lose 2 fumbles and were intercepted twice. Giddings did lose only1 fumble, but several times they put the ball on the ground. They may of not loss the possession, but it did hinder their play. IMO, both teams have improved their offensive production, even though Bellville lost their leading rusher. The Brahmas have definitely opened up their offense, using more passing and running more to the outside. Both teams are very familiar with each other, so I expect a very close game.

GIDDENS LEAD'N RUSHER HAS NOT TOUCH THE BALL IN THE LAST 3 PLAYOFFS GAMES, SO WE EVEN ON THAT THAR THAT BOTH OF'EM DONT HAVE THAER LEED'N RUSHER FOR THIS HER REMATCH.

Lonestars06
11-30-2008, 08:42 AM
I know it's trival, but I think it shows how strong District 25 is as of right now, not only the two teams meeting up in the regional final, out of the all the Div 2 teams left, Giddings is the only runner up in the playoffs. Like I said, I thought wow how everything is unfolding. Even though it would be great to see the game, it is a little to far for me to drive from San Angelo. Good luck Giddings!

Bull's-eye
11-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
GIDDENS LEAD'N RUSHER HAS NOT TOUCH THE BALL IN THE LAST 3 PLAYOFFS GAMES, SO WE EVEN ON THAT THAR THAT BOTH OF'EM DONT HAVE THAER LEED'N RUSHER FOR THIS HER REMATCH.

I didn't know that, Ya'll don't like to talk about injuries. :D

BOCEPHUS
11-30-2008, 10:40 AM
I didn't know that, Ya'll don't like to talk about injuries. :D

ain't nobody hurt, he just left the dark side

plus, must abide by the rules, agaisnt the law to discuss injuries of a minor, and belchick don't do it either

zebrablue2
11-30-2008, 10:42 AM

where in the world U been X. for once I agree. Brenham would have saved everyone lots of fuel. fighting Houston traffic on a friday afternoon will be a blast. do not know if they even asked Brenham, with them still in the playoffs. a&m cons. has a very nice field. oh well...I would have voted for carmine myself-LOL...

Buffgal
11-30-2008, 11:20 AM

All these rumors .....

I'll finally reveal the real reason he hasn't touched the ball. He has a 84 in his college history class and his momma has a no pass no play rule of nothing lower than an 85. Until he gets that grade up, no turf time for him. You heard it here first. & that's the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Somebody could step up and tutor him & then those Buffs would really be rolling.

buff4ever
11-30-2008, 12:08 PM
All these rumors .....

I'll finally reveal the real reason he hasn't touched the ball. He has a 84 in his college history class and his momma has a no pass no play rule of nothing lower than an 85. Until he gets that grade up, no turf time for him. You heard it here first. & that's the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Somebody could step up and tutor him & then those Buffs would really be rolling.

CHEESY

Bull's-eye
11-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Buff4ever, Ya'll didn't get enough competition in R4 and now you want to play us (R3 rejects). :D

OldBison75
11-30-2008, 03:03 PM
This is the week that alot of people have been building to since the regular season ended. It seemed destined that these two would meet in the playoffs after the brackets were set. Bellville has played very well all year except for a let down in a big rival game with Sealy. They have overcome alot of injuries to key players and found that there is enough depth to keep filling holes and winning. Giddings has that same old "here we come, good luck stopping us" attitude. They don't do anything flashy and don't ever seem to be a large blip on the 3A radar. But, every week, they play very hard and can play with any team in the state.

Giddings will have to keep the ball off the turf this week to have a chance to win. Bellville has to keep the offense open and balanced and have super play from the linebackers. I think this will be a backyard brawl that could get very ugly with tempers flaring. I think Bellville will make enough big plays to win by a touchdown, if they don't get caught up in the emotion of battle. If Giddings can get a little into the head s of Bellville by intimidation and trash, they will upset Bellville's rhythm and might sneak up on them.

As for the comments about how Navasota has voted down Bellville all year, BIG DEAL. Nobody in Navasota is scared of Bellville, and nobody in Bellville is scared of Navasota. I think it would have been a helluva a game, and I would have loved to have watched a great athlete and person like NUNN even aginst my team. I have voted against Bellville in some games because I believed they have some weaknesses against teams that had shown the ability to exploit those weaknesses. NO OTHER REASON. I have also voted for them when I beleived they were the team that could exploit the weaknesses of the opponent.

I am very impressed that the loss of NUNN had so little effect on the Bellville offense and that is the one ontangible that I did not see as a possibility earlier in the year. The Bulls are to be comended for the whole team stepping up when they could have laid down.

That said: Bellville 28
Giddings 21.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
This is the week that alot of people have been building to since the regular season ended. It seemed destined that these two would meet in the playoffs after the brackets were set. Bellville has played very well all year except for a let down in a big rival game with Sealy. They have overcome alot of injuries to key players and found that there is enough depth to keep filling holes and winning. Giddings has that same old "here we come, good luck stopping us" attitude. They don't do anything flashy and don't ever seem to be a large blip on the 3A radar. But, every week, they play very hard and can play with any team in the state.

Giddings will have to keep the ball off the turf this week to have a chance to win. Bellville has to keep the offense open and balanced and have super play from the linebackers. I think this will be a backyard brawl that could get very ugly with tempers flaring. I think Bellville will make enough big plays to win by a touchdown, if they don't get caught up in the emotion of battle. If Giddings can get a little into the head s of Bellville by intimidation and trash, they will upset Bellville's rhythm and might sneak up on them.

As for the comments about how Navasota has voted down Bellville all year, BIG DEAL. Nobody in Navasota is scared of Bellville, and nobody in Bellville is scared of Navasota. I think it would have been a helluva a game, and I would have loved to have watched a great athlete and person like NUNN even aginst my team. I have voted against Bellville in some games because I believed they have some weaknesses against teams that had shown the ability to exploit those weaknesses. NO OTHER REASON. I have also voted for them when I beleived they were the team that could exploit the weaknesses of the opponent.

I am very impressed that the loss of NUNN had so little effect on the Bellville offense and that is the one ontangible that I did not see as a possibility earlier in the year. The Bulls are to be comended for the whole team stepping up when they could have laid down.

Giddings 21. Giddings does put the ball on the ground alot, 4 times against RH but recovered their own fumbles. 2 fumbles i saw was just Gidding runner not protecting the ball.

dachosenone
11-30-2008, 07:35 PM

Giddings 21.

Well thank you sir. I was thinking you were bitter from the loss this weekend. It was known all the while Nunn was healthy we have other guys that get the job done. We have been known to give the ball to the big boy Nunn for the last two years but can you blame Huey RB 5'11'' 225 4.4 forty. IMO, the injury gave the coach no other option but to spread the wealth.

Great job BV Coaching staff!

1st and goal
11-30-2008, 07:57 PM
My turn to gripe about the stadium pick. Many choices would have been better for both teams.

Texas Bob stadium index gives an address but the Google map satellite view doesn't show the stadium. Is the photo older than the stadium. Is it on the east side of I45 as the texasbob site shows it?

Pretty crappy drive for us Giddings fans, in traffic none the less.

Go Buffs, roll on!

buff4ever
11-30-2008, 09:18 PM
is it funny at all that this region 4 final is being held in region 3. Maybe this game should have been held at the alamo dome or at some stadium in south or east houston instead of north of houston.

Oh well, it is a done deal I imagine. This is going to be a great game. The district title in this district has gone to one of these two teams the past 4 years, maybe more??? Giddings had to undefeateds outright and shared this year with bellville. When these teams have played lately it has been the hypothetical district championship. Now it is for the regional championship. These teams can't play each other without something being on the line. Nothing new this time.

Bull's-eye
11-30-2008, 09:24 PM
http://www.houstonist.com/attachments/houston_jim/012207_stadium.jpg

KL3
11-30-2008, 09:29 PM
The Houston Chronicle has some really good pictures of Bellville vs. Sinton. Go to picture #42.

pictures (http://www.chron.com/sports/photogallery/High_school_playoffs_Nov_2829_2008.html)

pirate4state
11-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Region4editor,

Region IV Championship game pits district foes: Bellville-v-Giddings.

Neither team is a stranger to the other. Bellville won the district match up this year by 6.

In 3 playoff games Giddings is averaging 41 points per game and giving up 21 pts.

Bellville is averaging 36 points per game & giving up 19 pts.

Always tough to beat the same team twice in one year, but Bellville has shown they can (see Wharton) when it counts.

I honestly think this one it "too close to call" but if I have to pick one - I'll take Bellville by 3, but will not be surprised if the Buffs win by 10! :)

Good Luck to both teams!

buff4ever
12-01-2008, 09:22 AM
We are no Wharton:D

trg
12-01-2008, 09:34 AM
Keep on rolling Bulls. Stay focused on the big prize and I believe yall can do it. You know how to win when it counts. Good luck. We are rooting for you.

1st and goal
12-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Woohoo!
Somehow magically overnight the region 4 fairy moderator person made this game the region 4 GOTW!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I have to wonder if you realize Giddings is in this game?:p

Enough sarcasm (or being facetious).:D

Turnovers, executement and a few lucky bounces will determine this game.

I know the Buffs have it in them to win this game but it will take everything they have to win it.

Coach F, Good luck and thanks for yours, the assistants, and especially the players for all you guys' hard work.

PS,
Let Trey throw a few right over the box to loosen 'em up if the wind permits.

Darren
12-01-2008, 10:44 AM
it's going to be a good game. I'm happy to see these teams meeting up again I think that if giddings doesn't turn the ball over they might pull away slightly. That being said I am going to take giddings by 14.

Get'em buffs

Buff O-Line
12-01-2008, 01:36 PM
This game should be a battle in the trenches. The Bellville Brahma (50) defense is well coached, so Gidding O-Line may have a good WAO battle for 48 minutes.

Prediction:
28-24 Giddings. Hope we've ironed out the wrinkles in the Center and QB exchange, that could be detrimental.

WAO does not mean (We are One)

I like Free Lunches especially in COLLEGE

Prolly a good game.

I'm Back!!!!!! (Been with my daughters during thanksgiving) lol

Bull's-eye
12-01-2008, 02:08 PM
I don't figure there will be too much to discuss about this game. Both teams have tremendous respect for each other and both are very familiar with their opponent. Bellville will have to do a better job of limiting the big plays. In their first meeting, Bellville's defense allowed Giddings 287 total yards, but 106 yards came from two long TD runs by Rimes. Bellville must also protect the ball, as they lost 2 fumbles and were intercepted twice. Giddings only lost one fumble, but struggled by putting the ball on the ground too many times. If both teams play a perfect game, I would give a slight edge to Bellville because of their passing game. Probably won't see an error-free game, so the game may very well be decided by which team can capitalize off of turnovers.

Buff O-Line
12-01-2008, 02:09 PM
I don't figure there will be to much to discuss about this game. Both teams have tremendous respect for each other and both are very familiar with their opponent. Bellville will have to do a better job of limiting the big plays. In their first meeting, Bellville's defense allowed Giddings 287 total yards, but 106 yards came from two long TD runs by Rimes. Bellville must also protect the ball, as they lost 2 fumbles and were intercepted twice. Giddings only lost one fumble, but struggled by putting the ball on the ground too many times. If both teams play a perfect game, I would give a slight edge to Bellville because of their passing game. Probably won't see an error-free game, so the game may very well be decided by which team can capitalize off of turnovers.

I agree Coach B

BrahmaMom
12-01-2008, 06:04 PM
Both teams have matured since we last met. Bull's-eye, you sum it up. I won't breathe easy till the game is over Friday night. Brahmas, focus on this game. We love ya!

Bull's-eye
12-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Not taking anything away from the Giddings offense, but glad we don't have to prepare for an offense like we just faced.

duckhunter
12-01-2008, 06:27 PM
gunna be tough for dem bulls to beet dem buffs twice in one year.
bulls better knot be thinking that since dey beet them once already, dey can do it again know problems. must steel focus on game and knot look a head or it kould cost them

Bull's-eye
12-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
gunna be tough for dem bulls to beet dem buffs twice in one year.
bulls better knot be thinking that since dey beet them once already, dey can do it again know problems. must steel focus on game and knot look a head or it kould cost them

You kin to dem otter posters Bocephus & his Cuz?

1st and goal
12-01-2008, 07:33 PM
The thing is, is that, each team's fans feel deep in their hearts that their team should and will win this game. To stir the pot, I will go out on a limb and say that only 1 team will leave the victor.

Which I believe deep down in my heart will be the Buffs.:p

I also hope that we have a clean, neutrally officiated, and injury free game that leaves the victor a chance to compete all the way to the state championship.

Furthermore, I hope that whomever it was that decided on the Woodlands stadium has a flat tire on the way home. Take a good flashlight, jack, flares, and a good tire iron. Also, check your spare for proper inflation. Just kidding...:D :D :D

Cats Fan
12-01-2008, 07:54 PM
If Bellville can stop Giddings Rush offense then I will take Bellville for the win..as giddings showed their Pass offense was pretty weak! Now there might be a reason for that since they have a pretty impressive rush offense.

Dont know much about Bellville other than they beat a pretty impressive Sinton team.

It will be a close game...but will go with Bellville based on the head to head win earlier in the year...oh and their 12-1 record!

Bull's-eye
12-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Furthermore, I hope that whomever it was that decided on the Woodlands stadium has a flat tire on the way home. Take a good flashlight, jack, flares, and a good tire iron. Also, check your spare for proper inflation. Just kidding...:D :D :D

I heard this a great new stadium and most people will be very happy with this facility. I know it's a little out of the way for both teams, so maybe they should of scheduled this game for Saturday. I'm sure there were scheduling conflicts to consider, but isn't this a closer distance than both teams traveled last week? Berry Center would of been a little closer, but I hadn't seen any playoff games being played there this year. This game is for the R4 DII Championship and deserves a great venue.

Caldwell & WOS played here earlier, some their posters should be able to give us some comments on the stadium.

48minutes
12-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Buff O-Line
This game should be a battle in the trenches. The Bellville Brahma (50) defense is well coached, so Gidding O-Line may have a good WAO battle for 48 minutes.

Prediction:
28-24 Giddings. Hope we've ironed out the wrinkles in the Center and QB exchange, that could be detrimental.

WAO does not mean (We are One)

I like Free Lunches especially in COLLEGE

Prolly a good game.

I'm Back!!!!!! (Been with my daughters during thanksgiving) lol

Nice prediction. I'm going 35 28 Giddings. I have not witnessed the problems with qb and center exchange you speak of, mainly just Masek fumbling after a hard hit. If he can learn to hold on the darn ball then Buffs are in business. Brahmas D is very solid, and it will be a hard fought game for both teams. Hopefully the Buffs come out and play 48MINUTES of good football and get a victory.

Buff O-Line
12-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by 48minutes
Nice prediction. I'm going 35 28 Giddings. I have not witnessed the problems with qb and center exchange you speak of, mainly just Masek fumbling after a hard hit. If he can learn to hold on the darn ball then Buffs are in business. Brahmas D is very solid, and it will be a hard fought game for both teams. Hopefully the Buffs come out and play 48MINUTES of good football and get a victory.

GREAT PREDICTION!

I noticed a problem with the qb and center exchange on the one yard line when we stopped them boys from RH. This most likely is the result of the center being anxious to attack his opponent but in exchange losing slight focus on the exchange between the has been backup qb which is now the true starter. (NO DOUBT ABOUT IT)-Guarantee an 84 in a "Blinn History College Class" is not going to stop that Masek boy.

STIRRING THE POT

Most Likely that grade will transfer over as Pass or Fail unless he wants to be a doctor, buffgal.

Thankyou Come Again.

BOCEPHUS
12-01-2008, 09:41 PM
I SHORE AM GLAD THIS GIVES ALL U HILL JACK UNEDECATED BAFOONS SOM'THEN TO DO, GET ON HERE AND BLAH BLAH BLAH LIKE A BUNCH OF DAD GUM OLE WOMEN.

FUMBLE THIS, PASS THAT, GAME IN WRONG STADUIM...................U PEOPLE MUST HAVE A BORING LIFE..................

I ME AND BUBBA JOE JUST BONED OUT 2 DEER, AND CLEANED A WILD PIG WHILE Y'ALL WAS TALK'EN BOUT NUTHEN THATS EVER GONNA MAKE A DIFERENCE.

MY # IS BR-549 IF'EN U WANTS TO TALK TO ME BOUT ANYTHING

Bull's-eye
12-01-2008, 09:45 PM

Masek is Giddings leading rusher??

Buff O-Line
12-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Masek is Giddings leading rusher??

Is that a statement or a question???????

Bull's-eye
12-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Buff O-Line
Is that a statement or a question???????

Question, I'm confused as to who everybody is talking about. Bocephus stated their leading rusher hadn't touched the ball in three weeks. Another poster states it's because of getting a 84 in a certain class.

RedStorm
12-01-2008, 10:09 PM
All these rumors .....

Maybe he just got outplayed and his momma is making this up. ouch!

48minutes
12-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Question, I'm confused as to who everybody is talking about. Bocephus stated their leading rusher hadn't touched the ball in three weeks. Another poster states it's because of getting a 84 in a certain class.

He was talking about #6 Plumblee who was qb all season, now only plays defense and is doing a great job there.(should have been there along, both ways don't hurt anyone.) Masek took over and has been doing a great job, just HOLD ON TO THE BALL.

Gators17
12-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by RedStorm
Maybe he just got outplayed and his momma is making this up. ouch!

AMEN to that! :clap: :clap:

Bull's-eye
12-01-2008, 11:33 PM
He was talking about #6 Plumblee who was qb all season, now only plays defense and is doing a great job there.(should have been there along, both ways don't hurt anyone.) Masek took over and has been doing a great job, just HOLD ON TO THE BALL.

So let me get this straight. His mother won't let him play QB because he made a 84 in a college class, but it's alright for him to play defense? :confused:

Keystonepride
12-02-2008, 12:01 AM
So let me get this straight. His mother won't let him play QB because he made a 84 in a college class, but it's alright for him to play defense? :confused:

yeah any dumb jock can play defense...

takes a brain to play O...

wow 52 votes each!!!

MJMbrahmas10
12-02-2008, 12:03 AM
i find the whole grade thing bogus because, one I take blinn history in bellville and not once have i seen my grade in that class its a college class so you dont get your grade till the semester is over and unless he takes all his grades and finds the average then thats the only one he could have an 84. and yes how could he play defense and not quarterback. i believe he is better at D so they put him there and put masek at qb cause he is just as good and now#6 wont get as tired

48minutes
12-02-2008, 12:40 AM

NO, thats hilarious though. Buffgal was being sarcastic and adding another "dumb made up" reason why he wasn't being qb anymore. I am sure she was joking with that statement.

What football coach would listen to a mom and take out his starting qb for making an 84 in a college class? That's good stuff right there, I don't care who you are.

buff4ever
12-02-2008, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Cats Fan
If Bellville can stop Giddings Rush offense then I will take Bellville for the win..as giddings showed their Pass offense was pretty weak! Now there might be a reason for that since they have a pretty impressive rush offense.

Dont know much about Bellville other than they beat a pretty impressive Sinton team.

It will be a close game...but will go with Bellville based on the head to head win earlier in the year...oh and their 12-1 record!

Hey, I will bet you that if we stop bellville from getting in the endzone we will have a good shot at winning this game.

BOCEPHUS
12-02-2008, 05:28 AM
I SHORE AM GLAD THIS GIVES ALL U HILL JACK UNEDECATED BAFOONS SOM'THEN TO DO, GET ON HERE AND BLAH BLAH BLAH LIKE A BUNCH OF DAD GUM OLE WOMEN.

FUMBLE THIS, PASS THAT, GAME IN WRONG STADUIM...................U PEOPLE MUST HAVE A BORING LIFE..................

I ME AND BUBBA JOE JUST BONED OUT 2 DEER, AND CLEANED A WILD PIG WHILE Y'ALL WAS TALK'EN BOUT NUTHEN THATS EVER GONNA MAKE A DIFERENCE.

MY # IS BR-549 IF'EN U WANTS TO TALK TO ME BOUT ANYTHING

AFTER'N ALL THIS HERE, FIGURE Y'ALL NEED TO HEAR IT AGAIN.

GLAD I GOT A DEER STAND TO GO TO TODAY..........AND IF'EN ANY OF Y'ALL WAS REAL FOLK U'ED ALLREADY BE UP AND FEED'N THE ANIMALS, INSTEAD LAY'N UP IN BED, DAD GUM CITY FOLKS, 4;30 ADN THEY STILL IN BED

buff4ever
12-02-2008, 09:28 AM
hey bo, some us real folk done been working early this morning and don't have time to get on here like you. Did you take your meds this morning?

BOCEPHUS
12-02-2008, 09:40 AM
1 fanger of beam in my coffee

Buffgal
12-02-2008, 09:42 AM
NO, thats hilarious though. Buffgal was being sarcastic and adding another "dumb made up" reason why he wasn't being qb anymore. I am sure she was joking with that statement.

What football coach would listen to a mom and take out his starting qb for making an 84 in a college class? That's good stuff right there, I don't care who you are.

Last couple of days have been fun, didn't know I could make so many people think. Actually I have been having fun with the cup art on the fence @ GHS too. Seems like last week, I was the only one who understood the crypted message. I made sure it was a simpler this week.

My "dumb made up" reason was just as sarcastic/improbable as him being "outplayed". Just got tired of all the phone calls inquiring about his leg,back,hand,neck being broke Or others who really know us as a parents and thought we WERE actually disciplining him. BUT....if the grade goes much lower, Plumlee will not be playing XBox Madden with Masek much longer.....

Parent's job is to feed your son, etc. etc. Not our decision as a parent to put him anywhere on the team (defense or offense)....That is coach's job and he knows what he's doing.

thought I would stir the pot. Congrat's 48 minutes for not believing all that you read & setting it straight.

Apologies to those who were confused:doh:

BuckeyeNut
12-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Think on this,

Winner has to play THE GILMER BUCKEYES!!!!

BOCEPHUS
12-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
Think on this,

I BE D@MN, DID NOT KNOW GILMER HAD A BYE THIS WEEK:thinking: I WILL THANK ON THAT THAR A LITTLE:thinking:
MAYBE A LITTLE MORE:thinking:

NOPE JUST CHECKED THEY GOT A GAME, GUESS IT MUST BE AGAINST A MUCH WEAKER TEAM IF THEY BE ALLREADY LOOK'N AHED:stirpot:

Reds fan
12-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
Think on this,

Shooo little fly, go buzz around your own game this week. Then we'll see what's next.:D

dachosenone
12-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Last couple of days have been fun, didn't know I could make so many people think. Actually I have been having fun with the cup art on the fence @ GHS too. Seems like last week, I was the only one who understood the crypted message. I made sure it was a simpler this week.

My "dumb made up" reason was just as sarcastic/improbable as him being "outplayed". Just got tired of all the phone calls inquiring about his leg,back,hand,neck being broke Or others who really know us as a parents and thought we WERE actually disciplining him. BUT....if the grade goes much lower, Plumlee will not be playing XBox Madden with Masek much longer.....

Parent's job is to feed your son, etc. etc. Not our decision as a parent to put him anywhere on the team (defense or offense)....That is coach's job and he knows what he's doing.

thought I would stir the pot. Congrat's 48 minutes for not believing all that you read & setting it straight.

Apologies to those who were confused:doh:

I know Plumlee was hurting against the Brahmas from the way his finger looked.

So whats going on with Rimes the starting RB?

48minutes
12-02-2008, 11:52 AM
I know Plumlee was hurting against the Brahmas from the way his finger looked.

So whats going on with Rimes the starting RB?

He plays fullback, what are you asking? He has been playing, doing a good job.

Bull's-eye
12-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Somebody posted that Gidding's leading rusher hadn't touched the ball in the last 3 games. We came to a conclusion this player was Plumlee and he now plays mainly on defense. I guess some of us assumed that Rimes was the leading rusher, but he has been playing. Question, can somebody post some stats? As of late, I know Masek & Rimes has been gaining some good yardage.

BOCEPHUS
12-02-2008, 02:26 PM
ACCORDING TO THE GIDDENS DAILEY GAZZETTE...........3 PLAYOFF GAMES THEY DUN AVE. 423 YARDS OFFENSE..........8.1 YARDS PER CARRY............PASSING, BOUT LIKE WHAT U'ED EXPECT, ALL THEIR KIDS PASSED AND STILL ELEIGIBLE:taunt: :tongue:

THEY DON'T KEEP THEM PASSING STATS ANYWHERES I DUN SEENT, IF THERE IS ANY:eek:

RedStorm
12-02-2008, 07:24 PM

Its hard to detect sarcasm on a message board.

Gators17
12-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Truthfully, I think Masek is better at QB than Plumlee anyway so whether Plumlee made an 84 in a college class or not he lost his job to a better QB.

It doesn't really matter though, because both of the kids need to worry now about passing...for baseball because if I'm right they'll both be out of football come saturday morning! :taunt:

48minutes
12-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Its hard to detect sarcasm on a message board.

I realize that, and thats why I said what I said. Knowing what actually went on and reading her post I could sense it, so I was just answering someones question.

buff4ever
12-02-2008, 11:47 PM
bellville sucks, giddings easy in this one:D :D :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

Gators17
12-02-2008, 11:56 PM
bellville sucks, giddings easy in this one:D :D :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

Bellville sucked just enough to beat y'all in the first meeting though! :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

Brahma2006
12-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Word is...Bellville is making some changes on all sides of the ball. So whatever Giddings think they know, now they dont.

This is gonna be a hella game between two districts rivals who have been splitting W and L over the past 5 years. I think Bellville puts the players in the right places this week to come away with a huge victory of the Buffs.
Bellville by 10+

buff4ever
12-02-2008, 11:58 PM
yeah they had that home cooking though, and we forgot how to run the same play we run 60 times a game:D :D :D

Gators17
12-03-2008, 12:06 AM
yeah they had that home cooking though, and we forgot how to run the same play we run 60 times a game:D :D :D

Ohh okay, haha, now I see why y'all lost. It had nothing to do with the turnovers or great play by Bellville, just the home cooking. :hand:

Bellville by 10 in this one.

buff4life
12-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Gators17
Ohh okay, haha, now I see why y'all lost. It had nothing to do with the turnovers or great play by Bellville, just the home cooking. :hand:

Bellville by 10 in this one.

pretty sure his post was pure sarcasm, just like a majority of all his posts

dachosenone
12-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Somebody posted that Gidding's leading rusher hadn't touched the ball in the last 3 games. We came to a conclusion this player was Plumlee and he now plays mainly on defense. I guess some of us assumed that Rimes was the leading rusher, but he has been playing. Question, can somebody post some stats? As of late, I know Masek & Rimes has been gaining some good yardage.

Go to www.maxpreps.com and it gives you all the stats for every team in the country. Game by game and very easy to understand.

Link to Giddings stats
http://www.maxpreps.com/texas/football/giddings/stats.aspx?schoolid=987a8773-038c-44e6-a6f7-e5460808095a&ssid=2f36027d-d6f6-4509-aba9-adad5cc85b5e&urpath=,local,team

dachosenone
12-03-2008, 01:08 AM
bellville sucks, giddings easy in this one:D :D :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :blahblah:

I cant understand how a #8 ranked team in the state with a 12-1 record can suck and be playing in the regional championship.

:blahblah:

48minutes
12-03-2008, 01:54 AM

I cant understand how a #8 ranked team in the state with a 12-1 record can suck and be playing in the regional championship.

Not real sure here, but I don't think buff meant what he said. Maybe it's the smileys and what not who knows. I very well could be wrong though.

BOCEPHUS
12-03-2008, 05:59 AM
JUST LIKE I BY GAWD FIGURED, SOUNDS LIKE A BUNCH OF WOMEN ON HERE. OK THE MEN ARE UP THIS MORNING TO TALK ABOUT IT, ER ATLEAST ONE OF'EM IS, NOW WHAT.

GAME GONNA COME DOWN TO 'CONTACT', EVERYTHANG ELSE IS BS.

PUT ALL U GIRLS JUST KEEP ON A TYP'EN U WANT TO.

U GOTZ A PROBLEM "ANYONE-ANYTIME-ANYPLACE' MY BATTLE YEALL...................

I JUST HOPE THE REFS PEE IN ALL Y'ALL WHEATIES, BE GIVEN U SOME'THIN ELSE TO WHINE BOUT

Brahma84
12-03-2008, 07:56 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brahma2006
[B]Word is...Bellville is making some changes on all sides of the ball. So whatever Giddings think they know, now they dont.

I heard that some offensive and defensive starters wanted to get in on special teams. It will be nice to have a few more headhunters on kick-offs.

The biggest change since the last time these teams played will be the new Bellville offense. W/out Nunn the offense has been forced to open things up and they have really stepped up and are playing very well right now. Go Bellville!!!

BOCEPHUS
12-03-2008, 09:42 AM
just overherd doun't at the coffee shop that the winner will be play'n in Waco- Sat. -----afternoon game......................is just what the boys dun sed,

WHAT J'ALL DUN HERD?

duckhunter
12-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Brahma84
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brahma2006
[B]Word is...Bellville is making some changes on all sides of the ball. So whatever Giddings think they know, now they dont.

I heard that some offensive and defensive starters wanted to get in on special teams. It will be nice to have a few more headhunters on kick-offs.

The biggest change since the last time these teams played will be the new Bellville offense. W/out Nunn the offense has been forced to open things up and they have really stepped up and are playing very well right now. Go Bellville!!! might be nice until a key player winds up getting hurt running down field to cover a kick off on an unneccesary play. just put the reserves out there like always and pooch kick it, and then no worries will be necessary. pretty obvious against sinton that kick off coverage is not a strong point of the bulls. little too late in the season now to be trying to fix the problem. they need to stick with what they know best and its that damn pooch kick.........uuuhhhhh i need some more whiskey in my coffee this morning

MJMbrahmas10
12-03-2008, 11:46 AM
you could look at it that way or what if the old team gives up a touchdown that wins the game?

IMO, if mueller playes decent bellville should win this

pirate4state
12-03-2008, 12:50 PM
63-59 in favor of Giddings

MJMbrahmas10
12-03-2008, 02:15 PM
63!!!!!?????? we held them to 14 last time and unless they went and found a qb who can throw and a spread offense like sinton then i highly doubt they will score more then 24

DaHop72
12-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
63!!!!!?????? we held them to 14 last time and unless they went and found a qb who can throw and a spread offense like sinton then i highly doubt they will score more then 24 HELLO McFly, current poll totals. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pirate4state
12-03-2008, 02:22 PM
63!!!!!?????? we held them to 14 last time and unless they went and found a qb who can throw and a spread offense like sinton then i highly doubt they will score more then 24 haha sorry...it's the current poll # totals :p :D :p

or they were at the time i posted that - bellville has picked up a few more votes

63-61 still in favor of Giddings

Bull's-eye
12-03-2008, 03:38 PM
It might be fun to keep up with the accuracy of our polls. I bet as a whole, the Downlow has a very good success rate. :)

dachosenone
12-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Not real sure here, but I don't think buff meant what he said. Maybe it's the smileys and what not who knows. I very well could be wrong though.

Let him continure to stir the pot and give our boys a lil added motivation for the game.

duckhunter
12-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Let him continure to stir the pot and give our boys a lil added motivation for the game. if the bellville boys rely on motivation from the 3adownlow their is something seriously wrong.

48minutes
12-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Let him continure to stir the pot and give our boys a lil added motivation for the game.

What great motivation, man I hope giddings doesn't rely on something like this for motivation. Stupidest thing I have read on here in along time.

MJMbrahmas10
12-03-2008, 05:30 PM
im pretty sure they have plenty of motivation. but honestly can you ever have too much? if someone doubts you your going to try to prove them wrong, true or false? thats all he is sayin

Bulligator
12-03-2008, 05:49 PM
There's a good article in the Bellville Times today on the playoff history of the Brahmas. In the pre-game column, Chancellor said that Fitzhenry told him they should watch film together, since they know the other's team so well. I believe it said that this will be the 7th or 8th game between these two teams in 5 years.

buff4life
12-03-2008, 06:02 PM
63!!!!!?????? we held them to 14 last time and unless they went and found a qb who can throw and a spread offense like sinton then i highly doubt they will score more then 24

our offense has changed with the new qb we are able to spread the ball out alot more so in fact in kind of is a more "spread" offense so there you go...

i think we score atleast 35, now whether or not that wins us the game is one thing but that swhat i think we will score

gobbler grad
12-03-2008, 10:15 PM
GO GIDDINGS GO...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

RedStorm
12-03-2008, 10:17 PM
our offense has changed with the new qb we are able to spread the ball out alot more so in fact in kind of is a more "spread" offense so there you go...

i think we score atleast 35, now whether or not that wins us the game is one thing but that swhat i think we will score
Te only thing I'm certain of in this game is that Giddings will not get to 35. Not trashing their offense but with Gidding's the game clock runs al lot. Add that to Bellville's performance against option teams this season this game will not be a shootout. If Bellville puts up 28 they win.

OldBison75
12-03-2008, 11:13 PM
As of right now, the poll is 64-64, pretty much as even as the game should be. If Giddings holds onto the pigskin and don't loose any fumbles, they got a chance to put 28 on the board. If Bellville can find the mix of pass and run that keeps Giddings guessing, they can score 35. I a'int sure either can do this all the tme. Giddings loses one fumble and Bellville has a temporary brainfart in one quarter. Final Score: Giddings 24 Bellville 20

dachosenone
12-03-2008, 11:45 PM
I think all the Giddings people had a brainfart when they believed they will win.

Trust me we are motivated and have been talking about this group of kids doing great things since 2003.

Bellville 27

Giddings 21

Bull's-eye
12-04-2008, 12:02 AM

Giddings 21.

:confused: :confused:

Didn't you pick Giddings to win on another post?

Bull's-eye
12-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Giddings loses one fumble and Bellville has a temporary brainfart in one quarter. Final Score: Giddings 24 Bellville 20

Speaking of brainfarts, you picked both teams to win. :thinking:

buff4ever
12-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Easy bullseye, that will allow him to be right no matter what. It's okay.:D

buff4life
12-04-2008, 01:12 AM
I think all the Giddings people had a brainfart when they believed they will win.

Trust me we are motivated and have been talking about this group of kids doing great things since 2003.

Bellville 27

Giddings 21

should i trust you that your team is the only one that has ever been motivated?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BOCEPHUS
12-04-2008, 05:29 AM
I KNOWS 2 THINGS:
#1-ONE OF U GONNA GET BEAT AND SO HALF OF U GONNA GET TO SHUT UP, THIS FORUM BE BETTER OFF
#2- FRONT COME IN LAST NIGHT, GONNA HAVE THEM MOV'EN SO I AM HEADED TO THE BLIND....THANK'EN POSTIVE THIS MORN'EN, TAKEN THE SHARP KNIVES

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2008, 07:47 AM
I saw Giddings in Week Zero and Bellville last Friday. There are few teams, if any, still playing that haven't made drastic improvement in the past 14 weeks. Giddings was pretty good then, so I think they'll be too much for the Brahmas this time around.

OldBison75
12-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Yea, I originally picked Bellville to win, but changed my mind after reviewing the game information from games after Nunn went down. I noticed that even though the offense is more spread around among other skill people, they are not performing as consistently on the ground as before. I think Giddings will have them in 3rd and long alot and that works to Giddings advantage.

I changed my pick to Giddings and stand by that change. I also said that that is dependant on Giffings not making turnovers.

buff4ever
12-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Yea, I originally picked Bellville to win, but changed my mind after reviewing the game information from games after Nunn went down. I noticed that even though the offense is more spread around among other skill people, they are not performing as consistently on the ground as before. I think Giddings will have them in 3rd and long alot and that works to Giddings advantage.

I changed my pick to Giddings and stand by that change. I also said that that is dependant on Giffings not making turnovers.

Now that is a respectable post and prediction:D

teetle
12-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Don't underestimate Huey, he knowed what he is doin. He don't need no featured back. He will run by comittee. He have a few tricks up his sleeve. Giddins better watch out. Bellville prevails.:crazy1: :vrycnfsd: :weeping: :eek:

buff4ever
12-04-2008, 09:25 AM
He usually tries tricks up his sleeve against us, I think he has struggles trying to score with us over the years. I can't think of a game in the past few years where he didn't try a trick play. They are a part of the game. Is that the best you got?

teetle
12-04-2008, 09:45 AM
We already playin basketball, you better get ready. Huey gonna see to it you playing basketball next week.:bigcry: :tongue: :eek: :eek:

duckhunter
12-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by teetle
We already playin basketball, you better get ready. Huey gonna see to it you playing basketball next week.:bigcry: :tongue: :eek: :eek: bellville has already been playing basketball. i think if huey wanted to see to it that the football boys would be playing basketball already he would have seen to it a couple weeks ago.

BOCEPHUS
12-04-2008, 09:52 AM
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

OPEN GYM THURSDAY NIGHT IN GIDDINGS 4-7 PM

TIME TO GET STARTED DRIBBL'IN, OR IS WHAT TWEETLE DUN SED
:1popcorn: GUESS IMA GONNA HAVE TO GO AN CHECK ALL THIS HERE NONSINCE OUT

dachosenone
12-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Some of you will have to shut up after Fri night so I hope you can swallow all the bull you've been putting up.

As far as the team being motivated, I meant the players or hyped about showing they can be just as productive without MR. NUNN.

Bull's-eye
12-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Yea, I originally picked Bellville to win, but changed my mind after reviewing the game information from games after Nunn went down. I noticed that even though the offense is more spread around among other skill people, they are not performing as consistently on the ground as before.

I went back and reviewed those stats. Bellville had probably their best offensive game of the year against Sinton, rushing for 369 yards on 42 attempts for an average of nearly 9 yards per carry. Add 123 yards in passing for a total of 492 yards. In the La Vernia game, they rushed for 279 yards, averaging over 6 yards per carry. I have to disagree OldBison75, the ground game has been just as good, if not better.

duckhunter
12-04-2008, 01:30 PM
I went back and reviewed those stats. Bellville had probably their best offensive game of the year against Sinton, rushing for 369 yards on 42 attempts for an average of nearly 9 yards per carry. Add 123 yards in passing for a total of 492 yards. In the La Vernia game, they rushed for 279 yards, averaging over 6 yards per carry. I have to disagree OldBison75, the ground game has been just as good, if not better. i agree 100% BULLS-EYE. BELLVILLE'S RUNNING GAME IMO HAS ONLY GOTTEN BETTER SINCE NUNN GOT HURT. WITH THE ABSENCE OF HIM BELLVILLE HAS BE SPREADING THE CARRIES AROUND AND IT MAKES IT HARD FOR THE DEFENSE TO KEY IN ON ONE PLAYER TO STOP IN REGARDS TO THE RUNNING GAME

dachosenone
12-04-2008, 01:41 PM
i agree 100% BULLS-EYE. BELLVILLE'S RUNNING GAME IMO HAS ONLY GOTTEN BETTER SINCE NUNN GOT HURT. WITH THE ABSENCE OF HIM BELLVILLE HAS BE SPREADING THE CARRIES AROUND AND IT MAKES IT HARD FOR THE DEFENSE TO KEY IN ON ONE PLAYER TO STOP IN REGARDS TO THE RUNNING GAME

Amen! Say it again my brother. :iagree:

buff4life
12-04-2008, 01:52 PM
i agree 100% BULLS-EYE. BELLVILLE'S RUNNING GAME IMO HAS ONLY GOTTEN BETTER SINCE NUNN GOT HURT. WITH THE ABSENCE OF HIM BELLVILLE HAS BE SPREADING THE CARRIES AROUND AND IT MAKES IT HARD FOR THE DEFENSE TO KEY IN ON ONE PLAYER TO STOP IN REGARDS TO THE RUNNING GAME

doesn't the defense still focus on teh running back that is in the backfield no matter what number he is...or yall runnin some LH stuff

duckhunter
12-04-2008, 02:12 PM
doesn't the defense still focus on teh running back that is in the backfield no matter what number he is...or yall runnin some LH stuff yes, but when nunn was in the backfield you knew if he was getting the ball it was gunna be right up the middle. the running backs now though have the speed and power to run both north/south and east/west. nunn was 90% a downhill runner. didnt really have the speed to break it outside.

CSG'S FO LIFE
12-04-2008, 02:44 PM
i would love to see this game. I havent seen giddings since two years ago when they beat la vega, i dont really know what kind of offenses that these two teams run but i bet it will be a very good ball game, i think im gonna pick Giddings to bring this win home.

BOCEPHUS
12-04-2008, 02:47 PM
yes, but when nunn was in the backfield you knew if he was getting the ball it was gunna be right up the middle. the running backs now though have the speed and power to run both north/south and east/west. nunn was 90% a downhill runner. didnt really have the speed to break it outside.

U DO'EN A GRAT JOB OF TRY'N TO CONVINCE SUMBODY THAT YOU CAN REPLACE A D1-225 RB, RUNOVER UR ARSE DOWNHILL RUNNER WITH THE NEXT COWBOY IN THE CHUTE:clap:

BUT U AIN'T UH CONVINC'EN ME:crazy:

U GOT 1 THAT U CAN STICK 1 ON 1 W/LB'ER, JUST COME OFF AND STABB IT DOWNHILL, NOPE I AM TRYING TO CONVINCE MY SELF BUT................... NOBODY IS AS GOOD ONCE U LOSE SOMETHING LIKE THAT:(

BUT I'LL BE THERE TO :1popcorn: AND I HOPE UR RITE

OldBison75
12-04-2008, 03:24 PM
I know they have the numbers to indicate the running game is more productive, but if you look at the game as it progressed, Bellville had some big plays and alot of 5-6 yard runs. They also had a few series where they struggled for yards. I think the Giddings defense will be better suited to stopping the run, especially on the off tackle and sweeps. The Bellville running game will gain yards, but not with the consistency that they had in the last couple of playoff games. They don't have that power runner that can get that three or four yards consistently in the middle.

If you read my post, I said that Bellville could have that period where they did not produce on offense and that would give Gidiings the opening they needed to grind the clock and score.

Don't get your panties in a wad, I think either team can win this game. Both deserve to be where they are, and both have had moments of greatness this year. And, it's very hard to beat a team twice in the same year, especially if they are from your district.

Good luck to both teams and I hope to be at the game.

BOCEPHUS
12-04-2008, 03:35 PM

Don't get your panties in a wad,
...........JUST HOW BIG AN OLE BOY R U?

I MEAN I WAS JUST A WUNDER'N WHAT SIZE U WAD UP

:thinking:

ANYWAYS THOUGHT I WUZ A TALK'N AT DUCKKILLER

POINT OF WHAT I WAS UH BACKWASH'N IS BULLS STILL GOT GOOD OFFENSE ,.AM PRETTY D@MN SURE OF IT, BUT THEY AIN'T BETTER WITHOUT NUNN:hand:

Bulligator
12-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Here's the current weather forecast for The Woodlands:

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. Northeast wind around 5 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Once again, some great football weather. :clap:

Hey Bocephus, what do you use to keep warm? :flaming:

duckhunter
12-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator

Hey Bocephus, what do you use to keep warm? :flaming: he prolly uses a bottle of whiskey, or maybe if he's got a signifacnt other he might..........;)

Bull's-eye
12-04-2008, 06:12 PM

Bulls-eye!! I would of liked to seen Nunn running out of this single back formation. The opposing defense would have to account for the extra receivers and thus they couldn't overload the box. He would be very hard to stop going against 7 defenders. Also, Bellville is now running more plays that have the potential to go for a bigger gains or even a TD.

BOCEPHUS
12-04-2008, 07:18 PM
WELL BOYS I USUSALLY BUILD ME A FAWR WHEN IT GETS NIPPY, I LIKE MESQUITE BEST, BUT AROUND HERE MAN USUALLY END UP PICK'N UP A BUNCH OF OLE OAK, I GUESS U TALK'N BOUT OLE DUKE TO KEEPS ME WARM, LONG AS HE AINT BEEN RUBB'N ROUND IN ALL THE COW PATTIES.

WELL I LET A NICE '8' LIVE TILL NEXT SEASON TONITE, THANK HE'LL BE A DEAD '10' BOUT THIS TIME NEXT YEAR.

I TALK AT U FELLAS IN THE MORNING, THAT MEANS BEFORE 5:00, GUESS NUN Y'ALL BE TALK'N BACK, D@M CITY FOLK LAY UP IN BED TILL 5:30

BrahmaMom
12-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Great football weather, two great teams, tomorrow looks like lots of fun. Focus, focus, Brahmas. Y'all are doing great, don't let up. Too bad someone has to lose tomorrow. Gotta pull for a win for the Brahmas, though. Rest up tonight, guys. Big night tomorrow!! GO Brahmas!

gtownfan
12-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
Here's the current weather forecast for The Woodlands:

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. Northeast wind around 5 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Once again, some great football weather. :clap:

www.theweatherchannel.com has it at 40 at opening kick and 36 at the end of the game, luckily calm winds.

It's going to be a cold one!!

martwayne
12-04-2008, 09:42 PM
go bellville from some rattler fans in navasota. a very close game though. i give my props to both.

Bellville 21
Giddings 20

BOCEPHUS
12-04-2008, 10:04 PM
BUBBA-JOE COME BY THE HOUSE TONITE AFTER SUPPER AND BRUNG OVER THE JUG. HE DUNT TOLD ME THAT HE WENT TO THAT BUFFALO PRACTICE AND SAID THEY DUN WENT AND PUT THAT THAR PLUMLEEE BOY IN THE BACKFIELD WHEN THAT RIMES AND THAT OTHER FAST CALLED DULL, OR WAS IT BRITE, CAN'T MEMBER, ANYWAY AND PUT ALL THE BIG OLE CORNFED PIGS THEY GOT UP FRONT FOOT 2 FOOT AND TOLD THEM JUST TO PUSDH THEM BOYS IN THE RED A COUPLE OF YARDS EVERY TIME THAT MASEK BOY SAYD 'GO' AND THEY GONNA PLAY KEEPS AWAY FORM THEM BULLS. SAID IT WOULD WORK, AND IF THAT DIDN'T WORK THEY WAS GONNA BIGGEST,USTUNS THEY HAD ONE 1 SIDE OF THE MIDDLE AND ALL THE BACKS OVER THAR AND JUST RUN THAT AWAY AT'EM. AND IF THAT DIDN'T WORK THEY WAS A GONNA GET IN TEH EMPTY SET AND THROW EVERY TIME

Bull's-eye
12-04-2008, 10:20 PM
For Bull19..........may he rest in peace. :)

http://www.rclowney.com/images/Artwork/Computer-Graphics/KUSI-PPR-GameofWeek.jpg

buff4ever
12-04-2008, 10:23 PM
For Bull19..........may he rest in peace. :)

http://www.rclowney.com/images/Artwork/Computer-Graphics/KUSI-PPR-GameofWeek.jpg

What took you so long bullseye. Now we are talking.

GO SUBWAY.:D

duckhunter
12-04-2008, 11:11 PM
subway goes good with some fried duck. mmmmmm might have to make a duck/subway sandwich b4 i get to the duck blind tomm mornin.

bvillebrahma010
12-05-2008, 12:27 AM
LOL!!! Bellville 49, Giddings 3! hahahaha... Bellville is way too sexy for the buffies... theyre bringing sexy back!

Bull's-eye
12-05-2008, 12:45 AM
I heard Giddings is changing QB's. :thinking:

BOCEPHUS
12-05-2008, 04:41 AM
U BOYS UP????

MAK'N COFFEE, C'MON OVER IF'N U WANT SUM

BOCEPHUS
12-05-2008, 04:47 AM
U BOYS UP????

BOCEPHUS
U BOYS UP????

BOCEPHUS
U BOYS UP????

BOCEPHUS
12-05-2008, 06:15 AM
WELL DUN HAD BREAKFAST, FED THE THE STOCK, AND HEADED TO DEER STAND................AND NUN OF U FELLAS EVEN BE UP YET.

I GOT OTHER STUFF TO DO TODAY, TALK AT U BOYS EARLY NEXT WEEK I MAGIN

XMan
12-05-2008, 06:33 AM
Look out for the game warden duckhunter, cause duck season is closed right now.

duckhunter
12-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Look out for the game warden duckhunter, cause duck season is closed right now. aint closed where i go;) . although too damn cold this morning to go putting decoys out htis morning. gunna enjoy some cowboy coffee this morning, read a little on here, go get a deer mounted, then find me a deer stand for tis evening.

trg
12-05-2008, 09:39 AM
All the talking aside. Good luck to both teams for an injury free game. One team has to win and hopefully it will be my bulls. :) Stay focused and leave it all out on the field. We'll be cheering for you.;)

Bull's-eye
12-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Good luck and an injury free game for both teams. The winner will represent R4 (D25) in next week's semi-final game, let's show them how we play football in D25!

Go Brahmas!

buff4ever
12-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Giddings by 21:p

Bull's-eye
12-05-2008, 11:48 AM
We need 1 more vote for Bellville and we will have a tie in our poll.

Bellville by at least 1, all the other points don't really matter. :D

BrahmaMom
12-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Brahmas by 10! GO BULLS!!!!

duckhunter
12-05-2008, 12:29 PM
gotta take the team from d-25 in this one.

1st and goal
12-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Giddings paper says the Brahmas have switched offense to the same formation the Buffs use.

Doesn't look like I'm going to make it. Sick kids. Does anyone know if the game is broadcast on 92.3 as usual?

Bull's-eye
12-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Giddings paper says the Brahmas have switched offense to the same formation the Buffs use.

Fire your editor, two completely different offenses. Giddings runs the QB with options either handing off to the FB, keeping the ball or pitching to the HB.

Bull's-eye
12-05-2008, 02:47 PM
gotta take the team from d-25 in this one.

Could you be more specific? :)

dachosenone
12-05-2008, 02:51 PM

We may use a similar formation but its no were close to being the same offense. Besides coaching is all copy cat so if Bellville does their just continuing a football tradition.

RedStorm
12-05-2008, 03:14 PM
I can assure you Bellville is not running the veer or the midline.

buff4ever
12-05-2008, 03:17 PM
I can assure you Bellville is not running the veer or the midline.

Me too, their coach isn't smart enough to put it together.

JK:D

RedStorm
12-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Have'nt you watched We are Marshall the veer is the easiest offense to run!

Brahma84
12-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Bellville boys will be having their send off around the square today @3:45. They will be making 4 laps around the courthouse, for the 4th round of the playoffs, then they will be heading to the Woodlands. Good luck Bulls!!

trg
12-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Bellville boys will be having their send off around the square today @3:45. They will be making 4 laps around the courthouse, for the 4th round of the playoffs, then they will be heading to the Woodlands. Good luck Bulls!!

Hey all you Bellville Fans. Be there to send off our boys to victory!!!!

gobbler grad
12-05-2008, 04:27 PM

them Buffaloes are waiting on you...:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bull's-eye
12-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Big pep rally at the new Bellville gym, heard that AC/DC's presence was felt and that Bellville's new motto is "Give it all you got" :2thumbsup

buff4ever
12-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Doe anyone know of an internet broadcast of this game?

44INAROW
12-05-2008, 08:22 PM
I am listening right now
http://www.kvlgkbuk.com/

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 08:25 PM
just lost audio

KingRob
12-05-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm going with the Buffs. Should be a goodern. Hope I can listen to the broadcast.

Giddings - 31
Bellville - 28

Good Luck to both teams!

44INAROW
12-05-2008, 08:51 PM
I keep losing audio :( but the Buffs just punted - sounded like the Bellville has the ball on their own 20 4 mins to go in the 1st - (I have no idea the score) they never said it while I could hear

BTownVBall3
12-05-2008, 08:54 PM
0-0 with 1:27 left in the 1st. Offsetting unsportsmanlike conduct.

44INAROW
12-05-2008, 08:56 PM
sounds like the tempers are flaring on both sides (according to the announcer) 1:24 in the 1st zero to zero

2nd and 6 for Giddings........

Refs having chats with both teams on the field :eek:

lost audio again - they said neither team has gotten inside the 30..... sounds like a defensive battle

44INAROW
12-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Giddings Tackle hurt on a play and another player came in - lost audio again.

Giddings has the ball on Bellville 29 yard line little under minute left

3rd and 5 from the 25 end of the 1st quarter

0 to 0

Giddings gets the 1st down on Bellville's 11 yard line

Eric ?? takes the ball down to the 2 yard line
Lost audio.... dang it....

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2008, 09:03 PM
score?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Giddings Tackle hurt on a play and another player came in - lost audio again.

Giddings has the ball on Bellville 29 yard line little under minute left

3rd and 5 from the 25 end of the 1st quarter

0 to 0 tks

LHS 2SONS
12-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Giddings TD 7 - 0
early in 2nd quarter 10:36

44INAROW
still no audio...... Giddings was driving and on the 2 yd line..... I am going to log off and back into the webcast, maybe that will help

thanks LHsons - can you hear the game?

1st and goal
0-0 end of 1st. Defensive game and cold.

Giddings theatening on the 11 yd line

Rimes to the 2 yd ln. 2nd and goal.

Masek keeps, not quite in. 1st down.

TD Giddings,10:36 to go in 2nd.

7-0 Buffs.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2008, 09:06 PM
must be these two teams know the tendencies. Defensively Giddings didnt look like they could stop a good offense.

1st and goal
12-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Sounds like Buffs D is doing a great job.

Big de la torres Buffs O lineman hurt earlier in the 1st quarter.

44INAROW
12-05-2008, 09:10 PM
I can't even get the webcast to load now..... guess I'll just wait for updates.. :(

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2008, 09:13 PM
I can't even get the webcast to load now..... guess I'll just wait for updates.. :( i had audio for like 30 secs and been buffering since then, its at 60% and just got audio back

1st and goal
12-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Buffs D holding B'ville short of 1st down. 4th and 14 ytg.
B'ville punts to Buffs 27 yd line.

Buffs 1st and 10, loss of 2 on run up the middle.

Brite around the corner, to the 43 yd ln. 1st down.

8:14 left in the half.

Bradshaw carrys, pick up about 6 yds. 2nd down and 5

Rimes to the 47 B'ville. 1st down.

Rimes to the 41 yd line. 2nd and 4

Masek keeps to the 33. 1st down.

Panther One
12-05-2008, 09:16 PM
The audio cuts out and it starts buffering for a minute or more. Then when the game comes back on, it jumps forward every 10-15 seconds to catch back up. About the time it catches back up, it cuts out again and buffers...

1st and goal
12-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Masek throws, intercepted by B'ville around the 6 yd line.

44INAROW
12-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Giddings 1st down on the 43.......... (not sure who's 43 lol)

1st and goal
12-05-2008, 09:19 PM
B'ville throws complete. 2nd down at the 7

Miller QB pressured in end zone, throws away incomplete. 3rd and 9

Throws and dropped. 4th down and 9.

B'ville punts, short but rolls to Buffs 42 yd line.

1st and goal
12-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Masek rushes for about 3 yds. 2nd and 7 at 45 yd line.

5 minutes left in half.

Rimes 9 yds rush to B'ville 45 yd line. 1st down.

Rimes rushes 20 more yds to 25 yd line. Buff's O-line blowing out B'ville.

6 more yards to. 2nd down at 20 yd line. T.O. B'ville.

44INAROW
12-05-2008, 09:22 PM
I am sorry guys - this is confusing me....
I did hear them say 5 mins left in the 1st half lol
I think GIddings has the ball...... at the Bellville 25... the broadcast keeps skipping

1st and goal
12-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Touchdown Eric Rimes, runs through 3 tacklers for the score.
14-0 Buffs.

lbjacj
12-05-2008, 09:24 PM
GIDDINGS 14
BELLVILLE -0

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2008, 09:25 PM
I am sorry guys - this is confusing me....
I did hear them say 5 mins left in the 1st half lol
I think GIddings has the ball...... at the Bellville 25... the broadcast keeps skipping i thought Miller was Giddings QB and Masek Bellville QB but its the other way around :doh:

score still 7-0?

44INAROW
12-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
i thought Miller was Giddings QB and Masek Bellville QB but its the other way around :doh:

score still 7-0?

I think they said it was 14-0 - Giddings on top......

1st and goal
12-05-2008, 09:30 PM
B'ville returns kick to their 40 yd line.

False start, 1st and 15. 35 yd line

1 incomplete, 1 short completion to the 43. 3rd and 7.

QB pressured, 4th and 9,

Punt, Buffs ball on their 20 yd line.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2008, 09:34 PM
B'ville returns kick to their 40 yd line.

False start, 1st and 15. 35 yd line

1 incomplete, 1 short completion to the 43. 3rd and 7.

QB pressured, 4th and 9,

Punt, Buffs ball on their 20 yd line. this is suprising on how good Giddings Defense is playing. Goes to show some teams matchup differently. i think Bellville is missing their goto guy rb in this game. 2nd half adjustments better be good to confuse Giddings defense.

1st and goal
12-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Rimes to the 34 yd line. B'ville LB's and dbacks getting most of the tackles.

1st down, short gain. 2nd and 9

Rimes around right side, to the 42, 3rd and 1

Clock winding down.

Brite to the 50, 1st down, 1:27 time left

Brite around the corner to the 22 yd line, 1st down

Masek keeps, gain of 3. 2nd and 7

T.O., Buffs.

1st and goal
12-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Bradshaw takes the Toss around the end, ball is loose, turn over. B'ville has the ball on their 10 yd line.

43 seconds

incomplete thrown away

44INAROW
12-05-2008, 09:40 PM
sounds like Giddings was near to scoring and fumbled the ball (or was it an int) Bellville has the ball - last 40 secs of the half........
(no audio again) :(

lbjacj
12-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Bradshaw takes the Toss around the end, ball is loose, turn over. B'ville has the ball on their 10 yd line.

43 seconds

incomplete thrown away

That's 2 turnovers in a row by giddings as they were driving for a score!!:confused:

1st and goal
12-05-2008, 09:43 PM
2nd down B'ville. Bomb to the 49 yd line. 1st down

Ball overthrown.

23 secs left.

Delay draw, to the 38 yd line. 1st down

Miller throws, out of bounds. 2nd and 10.

8 seconds left

Miller throws, caught at the 33

2 seconds left

50 yd field goal attempt. kick way short. T.O. Giddings before snap.
1 more chance.

B'ville throws hail mary, intercepted by Buffs. Halftime.

Score could be 28-0 if Buff's don't turnover twice inside the 10 yd line.

44INAROW
12-05-2008, 09:43 PM
is it cold and windy? sounds like Bellville is going for a FG - nope no FG attempt - hail Mary pass INT by Giddings......... end of 1st half

gobbler grad
12-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Sounds like an exciting game ...ought to be a good 2nd half...:thinking:

Aesculus gilmus
12-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Sounds like an exciting game ...ought to be a good 2nd half...:thinking:

It doesn't sound like anything to me. I can't get the stream to work. For a Gilmer fan, 14 points in one half of a football game is about as exciting as watching grass grow. Or, in this case, watching turf not grow.

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Good first half Giddings. I knew when LH played you guys, you were going to go far this year. Here is to a rematch for it all. Keep it up.

Panther One
12-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
It doesn't sound like anything to me. I can't get the stream to work. For a Gilmer fan, 14 points in one half of a football game is about as exciting as watching grass grow. Or, in this case, watching turf not grow.
Giddings has turned it over twice inside the 10. It should be 28-0.

gobbler grad
12-05-2008, 10:02 PM

yeah, guess your right...it's not exciting if your from Bellville...:(

N4SIR
12-05-2008, 10:04 PM

Bellville or Giddings ---- it doesn't matter. Gilmer will beat either team by at least 21 points. Our battle will be tomorrow against Carthage. If we can get by Carthage we will be playing in the State Championship.

Aesculus gilmus
12-05-2008, 10:09 PM
I know so little about Region IV teams that I wouldn't dare to predict a margin of victory like that.

I didn't know until tonight that UT's Brock Fitzhenry, former Giddings great, was the son of the head coach there.

easttexas3a
12-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Gilmer needs to take are of business tomorrow night, and then at 10:45 pm tomorrow night i will begin to worry about the next one. Haha

N4SIR
12-05-2008, 10:13 PM
I know so little about Region IV teams that I wouldn't dare to predict a margin of victory like that.

I didn't know until tonight that UT's Brock Fitzhenry, former Giddings great, was the son of the head coach there.

Giddings runs the ball 100% of the time. Bellville runs 65% of the time and throws 35%. Once we get them down 14 points they will have to start throwing --- and that's right where we want them.

1st and goal
12-05-2008, 10:13 PM
B'ville 80 total yds in 1st half.

Buffs had 266, all rushing. Eric Rimes had 133 1st half yds.

Panther One
12-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
Giddings runs the ball 100% of the time. Bellville runs 65% of the time and throws 35%. Once we get them down 14 points they will have to start throwing --- and that's right where we want them.
Right. I wonder how Carthage will fair against Giddings or Bellville.

1st and goal
12-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Buff's 3 and out, punt to the 25 yd line.

N4SIR
12-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Right. I wonder how Carthage will fair against Giddings or Bellville.
I'm hoping my Buckeyes are the ones facing Giddings or Bellville. But either way, it doesn't matter. Carthage will also win by at least 21 if they get past Gilmer.

WOS87
12-05-2008, 10:21 PM
I wonder how Giddings will fare against Bridgeport??

Go Buffs!

Panther One
12-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
I wonder how Giddings will fare against Bridgeport??

Go Buffs!
How's WOS doing?

WOS87
12-05-2008, 10:22 PM
How's WOS doing?

2-1 all-time against Giddings which is more than most can say

:D

solocam
12-05-2008, 10:23 PM
How's WOS doing?
They are dribbling on the hard wood:p

1st and goal
12-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Sorry, had to leave radio,
B'ville has the ball, Miller throws screen to the 28 yd line. 3rd and 4 .

Miller quick drop throw to Wayne Houston. 1st down

Miller, throws it away being chased. 2nd down.

3rd down, draw play for about 16 yds, ball inside buffs territory.

Another 1st down to Buff's 33.

2nd and 9, b'ville runs to the 26. 3rd and 3

Miller fakes throw, runs, close to 1st down, chains come out. Short by a foot.

4th and a foot, 23 yd line, B'ville QB sneak. 1st down.

Panther One
12-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
2-1 all-time against Giddings which is more than most can say

:D
We're 2-0 against the Buffs, but you knew that. You know everything.

SintonFan_inAustin
lets go Brahmas!

WOS87
Originally posted by solocam
They are dribbling on the hard wood:p

Hey! It's all in good fun. I'm rooting for LH as well!! I know what it feels like to be going for 3 straight state titles (WOS won in '86 and '87 and lost in the finals in '88). If you guys win it all for a 3rd time I will be the first to congratulate you

The point of my post was that Gilmer needs to worry about Carthage and Liberty Hill needs to worry about Bridgeport before ANY of the 4 worry about Celina, or Giddings, or Bellville