PDA

View Full Version : Bellville 43- Sinton 36- Final

zebrablue2
11-28-2008, 10:52 PM
What a great Texas High School football shoot-out. Proud of my Brahmas, but very proud of the Pirate's also. I listened to the game, and they never quit. Good luck to the Brahmas in their rematch with the Giddings Buffs. Will be a good one. The hackbar keeps the door shut another week. GO Bulls.........:2thumbsup:

sinfan75
11-28-2008, 11:06 PM
I thought Bellville was gonna run away with it for a while but Sinton kept fightin back. Great game and great season For Sinton. Good luck to Bellville the rest of the year. I'll be rootin for ya'll.

SintonFan
11-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Great win Bellville!:)
The Pirates made it a good playoff run and should be congratulated for one of the greatest turnarounds in the history of Texas football!!! 1-9 to 11-1!!!!!!!!
You boys should be very very proud!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I wish the Brahmas the best for the rest of the playoffs and hope you guys can get a trophy in the process. As always, I know you good folks are very classy, win or lose.:) :clap: :)

pirate4state
11-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Another classic Sinton-v-Bellville game!!!! I am very proud of the heart & never die attitude our boys displayed tonight!!!!

Early turnovers (caused by GREAT defensive plays) killed us. You just can't give a team like Bellville a short field. Turnovers are a part of the game, so it's not an excuse just the way it was.

Our boys are hurting, but when they can sit back and really soak in what they've accomplished, not just tonight, but all season they will & should be very PROUD!

Just think...we were out-matched by: size & speed and still only lost by 7!!!

Not much else to say tonight. I'm emotionally drained. :( Just want to also give a HUGE :2thumbsup to our coaches!!! They did a fantastic job with this group of kids!!! 1-9 to 11-1...INCREDIBLE!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I do need to apologize about the M&G snafu. I'm not sure what I was thinking. :crazy1: I have way too many booster responsibilites before the game to try to stage a M&G. LOL. If anyone showed up, I really am sorry. After I found out gate 2 was closed anyway, I had no idea how that would work out. I walked over in that direction around 5:30 pm and no one was there.

Great win Bellville. Good Luck next week. Thanks to Coach Huey for telling me & some of our fans as we left the stadium that they were very impressed with our boys. :)

zebrablue2
11-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Give us a report bull's-eye, that is once you clear your head,LOL. A very good game. sintons offense had to be one of the toughest we faced all year. your thoughts???

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2008, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Another classic Sinton-v-Bellville game!!!! I am very proud of the heart & never die attitude our boys displayed tonight!!!!

Early turnovers (caused by GREAT defensive plays) killed us. You just can't give a team like Bellville a short field. Turnovers are a part of the game, so it's not an excuse just the way it was.

Our boys are hurting, but when they can sit back and really soak in what they've accomplished, not just tonight, but all season they will & should be very PROUD!

Just think...we were out-matched by: size & speed and still only lost by 7!!!

Not much else to say tonight. I'm emotionally drained. :( Just want to also give a HUGE :2thumbsup to our coaches!!! They did a fantastic job with this group of kids!!! 1-9 to 11-1...INCREDIBLE!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

You said what I was going to say! :p Heart is one of those intangibles in football. Great job, Pirates! :clap:

maroonpirate04
11-29-2008, 12:47 AM
Congrats Pirates!!! Sinton is very proud of you. Now you have proved to the state that the Pirates are back as a powerhouse this loss is just a sign of great things to come in '09. Special congrats to Coach Allen he did an amazing job in makiing the biggest turnaround and proved others wrong when they doubted him last season. Hope he stays in Pirate Country for a long time.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Now the time has come to start working towards 2009 and take us all the way!!! You were already champions from the start of the season

MAROON MANIA!!!!

PIRATES ARE #1!

DISTRICT CHAMPIONS: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008
BI-DISTRICT FINALIST: 2005, 2006
REGIONAL FINALIST: 2008
QUARTERFINALIST: 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004
STATE FINALIST: 2001

THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TEAM OF 31-3A:clap: :clap: IN THE 2000'S

rancher
11-29-2008, 01:15 AM
Great game by both teams. Sinton fans have to be the class of 3A, I see nothing but bright things in their future. Any one know where the game is next week.

Brahma84
11-29-2008, 01:32 AM
We were hearing maybe Conroe.

piratebg
11-29-2008, 01:33 AM
http://www.kristv.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=3185631&h1=Bellville%2043%2C%20Sinton%2036&vt1=v&at1=Promotion%2025&d1=71500&LaunchPageAdTag=High%20School%20Sports&activePane=info&rnd=80163079

Ranger354
11-29-2008, 01:38 AM
Sinton had to play mistake free football tonight. They didn't and it hurt them. Bellville is a fast defense and the Sinton D couldn't stop their offense.

I have never understood the short kick offs........ Oh well.

Great season boys and great game, it was worth the drive even if we lost. We are 0 - 2 on that field. Lets play somewhere else next time. lol

BrahmaMom
11-29-2008, 02:00 AM
Wow, what a game! Congratulations to Sinton on a tremendous season. Always a pleasure to rekindle the competition with such a stellar program. We'll always have a soft spot for the Pirates. Brahmas, congrats on the big win. You kept it exciting! Bask in the win over the weekend and get ready to focus again on Monday! Love ya, Bulls!

piratebg
11-29-2008, 02:27 AM
Pirates sent sailing
Sinton's perfect season halted by crucial turnovers
By George Vondracek (Contact)
Saturday, November 29, 2008

SAN MARCOS — For 11 weekends, Sinton High School essentially could do nothing wrong.

The Pirates were unbeaten and playing some of their best football of the season.

That came to an end on a crisp Friday night at Bobcat Stadium.

If turnovers are the biggest bugaboo for any team, they are even more scalding in the postseason when the competition most definitely has increased. Two key first-half turnovers led to 13 Bellville points and the Brahmas parlayed two 100-yard rushing efforts into a 43-36 Region IV-3A Division II playoff victory over the previously unbeaten Pirates.

"We have played so error free for three, four five weeks. We've done all the little things, we've protected the football, we haven't thrown picks. We haven't missed tackles," second-year Sinton coach Tom Allen said. "Tonight we played a real talented football team, and they exposed every mistake and that's what the third round of the playoffs is about, that's what happens when you get to this point. They're great football players and they're going to make the plays.

"There's probably six or seven plays in this game that mattered the most and they made four of them and we made three," Allen said. "That's what happens when you play a good football team like they are, you lose by one touchdown."

With the win, the 12-1 Brahmas advance to face Giddings in next week's regional final. Giddings ousted Rio Hondo 42-28 earlier Friday in San Antonio. Sinton's season ends at 11-1.

"We weren't able to stop them. They were able to stop themselves with some turnovers. Good news is we were able to create something there and put some points on the board," Bellville coach Huey Chancellor said. "I really didn't think it'd end up a deal where the team that ended up with the ball last would be the winner but that's what it ended up being."

Sinton had pulled within 43-36 on Shane Segovia's second touchdown run of the night, a 3-yarder with a minute, 43 seconds remaining. But the Brahmas were able to recover the onsides kick and drain all but 6 seconds off the clock before Bellville's Chris Medina intercepted Sinton's Josh Harrison to ice the game.

Bellville got 150 yards rushing and two TDs from Quentin Runnels and another 144 yards and a TD from Wayne Houston. Quarterback Kyle Mueller also ran for two scores and threw a 61-yard TD pass to Josh Browning.

Mueller's 11-yard scoring run on a scramble with 32 seconds remaining in the third quarter ended up being the game-winner. That staked Bellville to a 43-29 lead.

The Pirates trailed at halftime 32-22 and had almost as many kickoff return yards (145) as they did total offense (162) in the opening 24 minutes.

In all, Bellville had 498 yards of offense.

"I don't think anybody felt like we should have been here," Allen said. "You know we don't have any stars. They've got some stars, boy, howdy, do they have some stars. And they shined tonight. Our kids hang together, they do things together. They gave themselves an opportunity at the end of the game and that's all you can ask for."

Harrison led Sinton with 129 yards and a TD passing and added 89 rushing yards.

The two first-half fumbles proved to be the keys in Bellville's halftime edge. It didn't hurt the Brahmas, either, that they accumulated 318 yards of offense, 175 coming on three of their four first-half scores.

With Sinton holding a 7-6 lead, Harrison was sacked and fumbled, with Bellville's Jake McNeil recovering at Sinton's 10. Mueller scored on the next play but the 2-point pass failed, leaving Bellville with a 12-7 lead.

Following Reno Rendon's 45-yard kickoff return to midfield, Sinton used 11 plays to score on Orta's 9-yard run. Jeremy Laws' kick gave the Pirates their last lead at 14-12.

But in a span of 1:04, the Brahmas assumed a 25-14 lead. Runnels busted off tackle, broke two tackles and raced 76 yards for the TD, giving Bellville an 18-14 lead. On the next play from scrimmage, Harrison was stripped of the ball by Bellville's Jacquez Polk and the Brahmas' Jonathan Gilmore recovered at Sinton's 39. Two plays later, Wayne Houston slanted right and streaked untouched from 38 yards out and Bellville led 25-14.

Bellville 12 20 11 0--43

Sinton 7 15 7 7--36

S Josh Harrison 10 run (Jeremy Laws kick)

B Quentin Runnels 3 run (kick blocked)

B Kyle Mueller 14 run (pass failed)

S Richard Orta 9 run (Laws kick)

B Runnels 76 run (pass failed)

B Wayne Houston 38 run (Tucker Hardie kick)

B Josh Browning 61 pass from Mueller (Hardie kick)

S Shane Segovia 24 run (Roy Perez pass from J. Harrison)

B - FG Hardie 32

S R. Perez 1 run (Laws kick)

B Mueller 11 run (Runnels run)

S Segovia 3 run (Laws kick)

GAME STATS

Bellville Sinton

First downs 23 20

Rushes-yards 42-376 38-177

Passes 6-12-1 12-24-1

Yards Passing 122 129

Punts 2-39.5 5-44.5

Fumbles-lost 1-1 2-2

Penalties-yards 5-39 6-26

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING - Bellville, Mueller 7-30, Billy Carter 13-53, Runnels 13-150, Houston 8-144. Sinton, R. Perez 3-3, J. Harrison 22-89, Orta 8-36, Segovia 5-49.

PASSING - Bellville, Mueller 6-12-1-122. Sinton, J. Harrison 12-24-1-129.

RECEIVING Bellville, Browning 3-92, Spencer Honeycutt 1-18, Runnels 2-12. Sinton, Gabe Garcia 3-32, R. Perez 4-48, Ram Sanchez 1-11, Ociel Martinez 1-9, DeRick Castro 1-(minus-3), Marshall Harrison 2-32.

http://www.caller.com/news/2008/nov/29/pirates-sent-sailing/

HEMOTOXIC
11-29-2008, 02:50 AM
Congrats Bulls!

Bull's-eye
11-29-2008, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Give us a report bull's-eye, that is once you clear your head,LOL. A very good game. sintons offense had to be one of the toughest we faced all year. your thoughts???

Congratulations to both teams for giving us one of the best games of the year. No question that Sinton has the best offense that Bellville faced all year. They have a complex system that they execute very well. Bellville's most points given up previously had been 22 and Sinton went on to score 36 points.

Bellville had no problems with the Sinton defense and really was their own worse enemy. Bellville ended the first half unable to score after throwing a bad pass for a Sinton INT. Late in the game and holding a 2 TD lead, Bellville fumbled and gave Sinton a chance to cut the lead to 7 points. Things were really looking like the Brahmas would go up 3 TD's and put this game away. Right before the fumble, I did notice a large group of Sinton fans heading for the exits, but the ones that stayed witnessed a gallant effort by their Pirates.

Bull's-eye
11-29-2008, 03:49 AM
I like to mention something that some of the fans might of missed if they left right at the end of the game. As Bellville was on the field getting congratulated for their win, a group of Bellville players stopped and went back to the sideline to get Garrette Nunn. They had not forgotten their injured star RB and made sure he was a part of the celebration.

Bull's-eye
11-29-2008, 04:10 AM
A good photo from the game, #21 Medina with the interception to seal the Bellville win.

http://www.chron.com/photos/2008/11/28/14171650/260xStory.jpg

zebrablue2
11-29-2008, 09:55 AM
498 yards of Offense by the brahmas. I guess the O-line can get a little respect now, of course a little WINK in the middle, always helps. way to go bulls. we rode the ship, now it is time to go on the hunt. GO BRAHMAS...:2thumbsup:

buff4ever
11-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Is it true? I heard sinton was little and slow.:D :D :D

Bullaholic
11-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Congrats to Bellville for a great playoff win. Congrats to the Sinton Pirates for a fantastic season that nobody outside of Sinton thought you would have. It was great to see the playoff excitement alive and well in Sinton again, and I think it will be there for some time to come. Best of luck to the Sinton Pirates next season.

Bull's-eye
11-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Another picture of the Bellville defense.

http://media.caller.com/ccct/content/img/photos/2008/11/29/20081129-000247-pic-607778369_t600.jpg

Bull's-eye
11-29-2008, 11:57 AM
There is a gallery of pictures from caller.com. Here's the link:

http://www.caller.com/photos/galleries/2008/nov/29/bellville-43-sinton-36/13696/

sinfan75
11-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Is it true? I heard sinton was little and slow.:D :D :D Let's just say they were a tad slower than Bellville and little bit smaller too.:D

Phil C
11-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Great Job by Bellville and Sinton in a great game! Good luck to Bellville next week.
Congratulations to the Pirates for a great game and a fantastic season!

KingRob
11-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Congrats to Bellville!

Great Season Sinton. You did good! Nothing to be ashamed about. A lot of teams in Texas would love to have had an 11-1 season.

:clap:

dachosenone
11-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Is it true? I heard sinton was little and slow.:D :D :D

Some of the skill players (WR) were small but quick and the DEF was definetly small.

I know you guys should know best that its not always about the size of the dog. Bellville DEF is all under 220 lbs but has great team speed.

sinton66
11-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Congrats to the Brahmas, you beat a very good team last night. Most Bellville fans will now tell you that Sinton was much better than anyone thought they would be. It's hard to describe how proud we are of our Pirates. They never gave up, ever. Congrats on a great season Pirates, you have our heartfelt thanks and our admiration for a job well done.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Sinton defense struggled in stopping the speed of Bellville rbs and good blocking by the lineman but they did step up and stopped last 3 Bellville drives to give Sinton offense a chance to get back into it. Offensively for most of the game it was either Sinton making a good play to continue a drive or Bellville defense making a good play to end a drive. Most Sinton had ever punted this season was 2 and last night Sinton was forced to punt 5 times. Good game. Sinton now is 0-3 in San Marcos Bobcat stadium.

Congrats Brahmas on good win and good luck next week and wish yall well in yalls playoff run.

Bull's-eye
11-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Give the Sinton coach lots of credit for creating an effective offense without having the horses. On defense, it's more difficult to defend without speed, size and or having the more athletic players. Don't get me wrong, Sinton had some size & quickness. The type of size they had appeared to be more suited for the offensive line and not playing defense.

Questions for the Sinton folks. I know Sinton had rotated 2 QB's earlier in the year, but I can't imagine having another QB with the talent as Harrison. At what time did Sinton decide to go with only Harrison? What did the other QB bring to the table that got him playing time?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

Questions for the Sinton folks. I know Sinton had rotated 2 QB's earlier in the year, but I can't imagine having another QB with the talent as Harrison. At what time did Sinton decide to go with only Harrison? What did the other QB bring to the table that got him playing time? the other QB was a sophmore and early on was a better runner and Harrison a better passer but as both got playing time they both improved and both would move the offense passing and running. Carson Cave played in the secondary and i think they wanted him fresh for defense and went with one QB in the playoffs but Carson injured his ankle in Bellville second drive and was out the rest of the game.