PDA

View Full Version : If I were in charge of D1 college football...

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 02:22 PM
I would NOT put in a playoff system... at first... the first thing I'd do would be to sit down and talk with Notre Dame... I'd tell them they either had to join a confrence or no D1 college football team would be allowed to schedule them... you're not special anymore...

then I'd put in the 8 team playoff...

what'd you do?

Necks_Fan
11-28-2008, 02:33 PM
I would let the BCS' top 8 be in a playoff and let that determine the winner.

I would take out the Harris/Media/Coaches polls.... and whatever else is involved in the system.

I make it about margin of victory/SOS/ and whatever else is currently involved besides people polls.

All other teams not in the BCS' top 8 can have one of those other non BCS bowl games.

The world would be good. :)

I agree..... make ND join the Pac 10.

I say take out all non contenders like Iowa St. I mean C'mon.

UAB?

Toledo?

Take out all of them and put em in a sub division.

The world would be good.

ziggy29
11-28-2008, 04:12 PM
I agree..... make ND join the Pac 10. [/B]
Pac 10? Seems to me the natural fit would be for ND to be the 12th team in the Big Televen, and then they could have west/east divisions and a conference championship game.

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I would NOT put in a playoff system... at first... the first thing I'd do would be to sit down and talk with Notre Dame... I'd tell them they either had to join a confrence or no D1 college football team would be allowed to schedule them... you're not special anymore...

then I'd put in the 8 team playoff...

what'd you do?

ND can do what they want..no reason to force them to go into a conference

Just tell them they dont get special consideration anymore

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
ND can do what they want..no reason to force them to go into a conference

Just tell them they dont get special consideration anymore

wouldn't be forcing 'em to do anything... they can just play the Texas States and App. States all year and not be eligible for the BCS and bowl games etc... their fate would totally be up to them...

your game becoming that boring? :D

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2008, 04:20 PM
wouldn't be forcing 'em to do anything... they can just play the Texas States and App. States all year and not be eligible for the BCS and bowl games etc... their fate would totally be up to them...

your game becoming that boring? :D

yes it is...46-15 at half

still ND can schedule who they want, just dont get any special rule for them

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

still ND can schedule who they want, just dont get any special rule for them

okay, they can schedule who they want... but would not be eligible for BCS bowl games until they're in a confrence like everyone else...

Necks_Fan
11-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
Pac 10? Seems to me the natural fit would be for ND to be the 12th team in the Big Televen, and then they could have west/east divisions and a conference championship game. Lol. I meant the big 10. :doh: :doh:

Pac 10 wouldn't make sense.

Diocletian
11-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Just have every team in a conferance play each other. Re-bracket it to make it even. Put all the BCS conferences in a line up where the champ will play and get seeded into a playoff at the end of the year. The playoff games are played in the BCS bowl stadiums.

And for tiebreakers just use the Points For/Against.

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 05:28 PM
nah, let the bcs rank the top 8 and put 'em in a bracket... if you feel like it have a play-in game with 8 vs. 9 with the winner completing the field..

Like Cowherd said on his show this morning, you never hear anyone arguing that the #9 team in the country is one of the best teams in the country... so the bcs top 8 would do fine...

PPHSfan
11-28-2008, 05:51 PM
I would sell the top 32 programs in the country into private ownership. Then I would force all of the owners to pay each player the same salary, plus tuition, books, room and board. Then I would leave it up to the 32 team owners to negotiate with television, and figure out their own way to determine a national champion.

nobogey72
11-28-2008, 05:59 PM
nah, let the bcs rank the top 8 and put 'em in a bracket... if you feel like it have a play-in game with 8 vs. 9 with the winner completing the field..

Like Cowherd said on his show this morning, you never hear anyone arguing that the #9 team in the country is one of the best teams in the country... so the bcs top 8 would do fine...

Yeah but you would still hear a lot of griping and whining by the #8,9,10,11 etc. Someone is always going to have a sense of being screwed.

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Yeah but you would still hear a lot of griping and whining by the #8,9,10,11 etc. Someone is always going to have a sense of being screwed.

of course...

BUTTTT

What do you want?

Two teams chosen to play for the national championship based on polls etc... with a lot of griping...

orrrrr

8 teams in the country chosen to play it out in a 3 round playoff with a lot of griping????

#2 works for me...

vet93
11-28-2008, 06:39 PM
I would have a 16 team bracket. I would use an NCAA selection committee to select the teams based on record, SOS, polls etc... (similar to basketball). I would mandate a 12 week period to finish the regular season giving the teams opportunity to play no fewer than 10 and no more than 12 games. I would eliminate conference championship games. I would take the top 7 bowls and allow them to host the quarterfinal, semifinal and final games on a rotational basis. I would use another 8 lesser bowl games to host the first round games. Any other bowls would be free to host teams that were not selected in the top 16. You could even have an NIT and use the next 16 teams and left over bowl games to host another tounament...just like in basketball. With this plan, you could utilize the current bowls to host games.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by vet93
I would have a 16 team bracket. I would use an NCAA selection committee to select the teams based on record, SOS, polls etc... (similar to basketball). I would mandate a 12 week period to finish the regular season giving the teams opportunity to play no fewer than 10 and no more than 12 games. I would eliminate conference championship games. I would take the top 7 bowls and allow them to host the quarterfinal, semifinal and final games on a rotational basis. I would use another 8 lesser bowl games to host the first round games. Any other bowls would be free to host teams that were not selected in the top 16. You could even have an NIT and use the next 16 teams and left over bowl games to host another tounament...just like in basketball. With this plan, you could utilize the current bowls to host games.

I like this plan the best. 16 teams.

JasperDog94
11-28-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by vet93
I would have a 16 team bracket. I would use an NCAA selection committee to select the teams based on record, SOS, polls etc... (similar to basketball). I would mandate a 12 week period to finish the regular season giving the teams opportunity to play no fewer than 10 and no more than 12 games. I would eliminate conference championship games. I would take the top 7 bowls and allow them to host the quarterfinal, semifinal and final games on a rotational basis. I would use another 8 lesser bowl games to host the first round games. Any other bowls would be free to host teams that were not selected in the top 16. You could even have an NIT and use the next 16 teams and left over bowl games to host another tounament...just like in basketball. With this plan, you could utilize the current bowls to host games. Best idea ever!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

skins4life
11-28-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Best idea ever!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
This one sounds good to me!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: